Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

If Masks work, why can't we vote normally?

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

A fair election would be one where every registered voter has to go to a polling location and vote.

About 25% of votes were cast by mail in 2016. I am guessing at least half of voters will continue to go to the polls even if they have a mail in option. 

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

About 25% of votes were cast by mail in 2016. I am guessing at least half of voters will continue to go to the polls even if they have a mail in option. 

We already have a mail in option that is efficient. What isn't efficient is carpet bombing the whole country with ballots to millions of people that don't even want to vote. I didn't vote for years. Waste of resources sending them to me back then. Thrown in the trash or worse, someone knowing I don't vote and taking it.

It's anti-green. Waste trees, resources and my tax dollars. If I want the damn ballot I will request one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

I'm fine with that 25% using the same method they used last time.  I'm also fine with anyone who wants to follow the procedures their states had in place in 2016 for absentee and/or mail in balloting. 

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

I'm fine with that 25% using the same method they used last time.  I'm also fine with anyone who wants to follow the procedures their states had in place in 2016 for absentee and/or mail in balloting. 

I’m fine with states allowing an expanded mail in option due to the pandemic. I don’t like the idea of sending every registered voter a ballot whether they asked for it or not. I do think states should offer no excuse mail in voting to any registered voter who wants that option.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m fine with states allowing an expanded mail in option due to the pandemic. I don’t like the idea of sending every registered voter a ballot whether they asked for it or not. I do think states should offer no excuse mail in voting to any registered voter who wants that option.

I think we're about on the same page.  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Strike said:

And yet neither you or Honcho has mentioned this regarding the "peaceful" protests spreading Covid every night, even when they beat up random motorists as they did last night.  I guess those are consequences you're willing to endure......

Well that just makes you a liar, as usual. I did mention them and said I have not participated. Specifically because of COVID (well also I think defund the police is dumb). :dunno:

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

Whats the consequences of "cases" 

You do know that the overwhelming majority of cases cause no issues for the overwhelming majority of those that get it .... like way overwhelming.  

You think you're gonna get to steal the election over a potential runny nose. 

GFY Also

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/08/14/dr_fauci_there_is_no_reason_people_cant_vote_in_person_if_they_follow_safety_guidelines.html

So this is the real attitude. Thank you for coming clean. You know it’s likely to lead to more cases, you just don’t care.

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Well that just makes you a liar, as usual. I did mention them and said I have not participated. Specifically because of COVID (well also I think defund the police is dumb). :dunno:

So you posted that they shouldn't be protesting due to Covid?  Link?

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Nah, his wife is gonna do that.  Then he's going to live with his parents. 

Did I forget to mention that you’re also a c0cksucker in addition to being a liar?

Notthatthere’sanythingwrongwiththat

Just now, IGotWorms said:

So this is the real attitude. Thank you for coming clean. You know it’s likely to lead to more cases, you just don’t care.

More cases are meaningless.  A scare word used to rile up emotional fits in retarded hacks like yourself.  

I believe,  in person voting would cause less cases than protests, shopping and state lottery.  

A fair election is more important than "cases"

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

So you posted that they shouldn't be protesting due to Covid?  Link?

Do I have to? This is dumb as when you guys want the Muslim doctor to condemn ISIS :doh:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Do I have to? This is dumb as when you guys want the Muslim doctor to condemn ISIS :doh:

You don't HAVE to do anything.  If I were you I wouldn't either.

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Did I forget to mention that you’re also a c0cksucker in addition to being a liar?

Notthatthere’sanythingwrongwiththat

Eh.  I tried to be nice for the last month or however long you've been back.  But you've been pretty much a d*ck around here ever since you came back, other than your divorce thread.  So Fock off. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Seems like most states are doing exactly what you guys are saying they should do.  Only 4 states have have gone to Universal Mail-in-voting that hadn't previously had it, California, Nevada, N.J. and Vermont.  

Vote-by-mail

Glad we had this talk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Seems like most states are doing exactly what you guys are saying they should do.  Only 2 states have have gone to Universal Mail-in-voting that hadn't previously had it, California & Nevada.  

Vote-by-mail

Based upon your article, this isn't true.  I don't want states deciding to send ballots out to people, unless those people ask for it and go through a process to confirm who they are.  I'm open to what that process entails but my priority is making sure the people who are filling out the ballots are actually the people registered to vote.  Blindly sending ballots to people is NOT the way to achieve that.

• Like 1

I updated my post to include two more states.  But since 4 states have been doing this successfully for years, why should they have to stop? 

And MOST states are doing exactly what you said, mailing out APPLICATIONS or doing the same Absentee Voting as before, with an added  Covid/no excuse exemption.  Where are you seeing otherwise?

1 hour ago, MDC said:

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Ditto.  If you want a ballot, you have to request one.  Simple.  Even if you have to put down an excuse, "COVID", should be perfectly acceptable.  Again, you should just have to request it.

9 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I updated my post to include two more states.  But since 4 states have been doing this successfully for years, why should they have to stop? 

And MOST states are doing exactly what you said, mailing out APPLICATIONS or doing the same Absentee Voting as before, with an added  Covid/no excuse exemption.  Where are you seeing otherwise?

You're speaking in vague generalities, and I don't think you've done the research you're suggesting to all of us that you have. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

You're speaking in vague generalities, and I don't think you've done the research you're suggesting to all of us that you have. 

How much more research do I need to do besides counting up to 26 states that meet the above criteria and reach a plurality?  

You were wrong, man up and admit it for once....or don't, we both know you were wrong, your last post is as big as a gun throw as we've seen in quite some time.

For primaries, I see no reason why mail-in ballots are bad.  Don't care.  Everyone is voting for their own party.  Have at it.  That shouldn't be the case in the general election.  I'm not a fan at all of NJ doing it.  The problem I have with the whole mail-in ballots (non-absentee), is that states may opt to keep this in place well after this election.  I think it's a bad precedent to set.

11 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

How much more research do I need to do besides counting up to 26 states that meet the above criteria and reach a plurality?  

You were wrong, man up and admit it for once....or don't, we both know you were wrong, your last post is as big as a gun throw as we've seen in quite some time.

I was "wrong?"  WTF are you talking about.  I've got like 5 posts in this thread, and one of them was agreeing with MDC for the most part.  ROFLMAO.

25 minutes ago, Strike said:

I was "wrong?"  WTF are you talking about.  I've got like 5 posts in this thread, and one of them was agreeing with MDC for the most part.  ROFLMAO.

He posted an article that loosely claimed 52 people were infected with covid because of elections... 52....

He thought that helped his case, that should give you a peak into his mindset.

:doh:

24 minutes ago, Strike said:

Where you said

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Based upon your article, this isn't true.  I don't want states deciding to send ballots out to people, unless those people ask for it and go through a process to confirm who they are.  I'm open to what that process entails but my priority is making sure the people who are filling out the ballots are actually the people registered to vote.  Blindly sending ballots to people is NOT the way to achieve that.

Article I linked shows that the majority or "MOST"(like I said) are doing exactly that.

43 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Where you said

Article I linked shows that the majority or "MOST"(like I said) are doing exactly that.

The article you linked makes a STATEMENT.  It doesn't SHOW sh*t.  It's like if I take a calculus test and say the answer is 4.  The answer may be 4 and I've stated that.  I haven't shown it.

19 minutes ago, Strike said:

The article you linked makes a STATEMENT.  It doesn't SHOW sh*t.  It's like if I take a calculus test and say the answer is 4.  The answer may be 4 and I've stated that.  I haven't shown it.

So are you saying that the article confirms my earlier statement, but until you get evidence that WaPo correctly stated the laws regarding voting in the 50 states, you aren't wrong.  

:rolleyes:

ETA: Your first response was "Based on the article", well based on the article, what I said was true.  You want to say otherwise, bring that info.

1 hour ago, drobeski said:

There is not a polling place in the nation where someone at least doesn't ask your name.  There is no question about what is happening here.  

9 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

So are you saying that the article confirms my earlier statement, but until you get evidence that WaPo correctly stated the laws regarding voting in the 50 states, you aren't wrong.  

:rolleyes:

ETA: Your first response was "Based on the article", well based on the article, what I said was true.  You want to say otherwise, bring that info.

Nah. This isn't an issue that I care enough.  Hence my small number of posts in this thread.

1 hour ago, Reality said:

He posted an article that loosely claimed 52 people were infected with covid because of elections... 52....

He thought that helped his case, that should give you a peak into his mindset.

:doh:

This is where I'm at on this.  If out of about 1M people... even if it's 500k, only 52 people tested positive with COVID, I'm not concerned.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Nah. This isn't an issue that I care enough.  Hence my small number of posts in this thread.

:lol:

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Eh.  I tried to be nice for the last month or however long you've been back.  But you've been pretty much a d*ck around here ever since you came back, other than your divorce thread.  So Fock off. 

The feeling is mutual 🖕🏻

Just now, Baker Boy said:

Pelosi calls members back to Capitol Hill to consider USPS legislation, calls post office 'Election Central'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-house-recall-post-office-election-central-coronavirus

This is dumb because it would never get past the Senate.  On top of that, the USPS has plenty of money on hand.  This is a pure publicity stunt.  It may backfire because she's willing to call them back for this publicity stunt but not to try to pass another stimulus bill to help Americans.  Shows her priorities.

7 hours ago, MDC said:

Well yeah.  I think most people agree with that.  If you can't or don't want to go and vote (due to Covid or any reason really) then register for a ballot via mail. 

Whats nonsense is not having physical voting and deciding to mass send every person a ballot and go from there.  Holy shit show. 

2 hours ago, Strike said:

This is dumb because it would never get past the Senate.  On top of that, the USPS has plenty of money on hand.  This is a pure publicity stunt.  It may backfire because she's willing to call them back for this publicity stunt but not to try to pass another stimulus bill to help Americans.  Shows her priorities.

I read today the USPS have enough to run for the next 13-15 months just in the coffers alone.

Why the urgency?  Oh, yeah.  

Just now, KSB2424 said:

Well yeah.  I think most people agree with that.  If you can't or don't want to go and vote (due to Covid) then register for a ballot via mail.  

Whats nonsense is not having physical voting and deciding to mass send every person a ballot and go from there.  Holy shit show. 

I don’t know of any states that won’t have physical voting at all. 

20 minutes ago, MDC said:

I don’t know of any states that won’t have physical voting at all. 

Maybe, maybe not.  What about mass mailing millions of ballots even if a person doesn't ask for it?

23 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Maybe, maybe not.  What about mass mailing millions of ballots even if a person doesn't ask for it?

If Honcho is right only 4 states are planning to do that. I guess I can see the opposition to it. I don’t see the reason to oppose mail in voting in general, unless you’re Trump. 

24 minutes ago, MDC said:

If Honcho is right only 4 states are planning to do that. I guess I can see the opposition to it. I don’t see the reason to oppose mail in voting in general, unless you’re Trump. 

According to WaPo, It's 9 states-5 have been doing that in previous elections, 4 more have decided to do it this year.