Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

If Masks work, why can't we vote normally?

:dunno:

People go to the grocery store every day with masks.  There are many options to early vote starting mid October.  

• Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Moon landing.  

That's fine, I still don't see the exact thread you are talking about.  I just got back from Costco and Wegmans for a weekly shopping run.  Everyone had masks on but it was packed, both places.  Traffic was super heavy on the roads.  People are out and about all over, but I get home and turn on the news and everyone is debating if people can leave their house to vote....one time.   Does not compute. 

11 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

That's fine, I still don't see the exact thread you are talking about.  I just got back from Costco and Wegmans for a weekly shopping run.  Everyone had masks on but it was packed, both places.  Traffic was super heavy on the roads.  People are out and about all over, but I get home and turn on the news and everyone is debating if people can leave their house to vote....one time.   Does not compute. 

Don't forget the "peaceful" riots where everyone has their masks pulled down below their chins and are grouping inches from each other in masses. And, those are the same people that were blaming white people for endangering "naturally at risk" black people to the virus because white people want all the black people to die.

Bottom line liberal narrative:

Anyone on the left can do anything they want out in public, except for going out and voting (because that one thing is dangerous to people's health), and anyone on the right should be under defunded police order (somehow) to stay indoors 24x7.   

If Donald Trump can vote by mail why can’t everybody else?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

If I can go out and vote in person, why can't everyone else? I thought this country was about the people of the nation.

34 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

33 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

People go to the grocery store every day with masks.  There are many options to early vote starting mid October.  

It's right on the front page.  :lol:

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

Small percentage of absentee voting by people living abroad, house ridden or working in a different state in November then they are registered is wholly different than 250 million people voting solely by mail.   Isn't that common sense?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

🤣

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

It's right on the front page.  :lol:

My internet connection stalled so my own thread was submitted twice.  That's not moon landing, thats an error.  

Sheesh.  I just deleted the duplicate thread, why not just be a normal person and say, hey KSB you posted it twice?  

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

My internet connection stalled so my own thread was submitted twice.  That's not moon landing, thats an error.  

Sheesh.  I just deleted the duplicate thread. 

Loosen the panties, Francis.  

And I don't get why this is partisan, a vote should be a vote should be a vote.  Everyone should want a fair election regardless of political affiliation.  

Election Day is a pretty big deal for not only the country but your state and local governments.  People are out and about every day, I actually understand schools being closed per se, that's people gathering inside 5 days a week for months.  Fine, I get it, but when you go vote you stand in a single file line, (not a crowd) you can distance if you want, wear a mask and its just one time.  Plus there is early voting, it can be spread out.  

I just don't get the debate at all.  

If mail in voting = more fraud, how come Trump’s own commission found no evidence of voter fraud in the 2016 election even though almost 25% of votes were cast by mail? 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Because it is the only chance Biden has to be declared the winner!

Yup

26 minutes ago, MDC said:

If mail in voting = more fraud,

Forget Trump, Biden, Republican and Democrat, lets talk logic and common sense only.  Let's pretend you are at work on a project and thinking of a process that is most effective, keep "politics" out of it, just choosing the best and fairest system. 

Showing up in person and voting  that is counted that exact second and more easily monitored, versus mass mail out of ballots (where a ballot has to be sent out and then the vote get back correctly and timely by a third party).   

Which would be the best process?  You don't actually have to answer as its rhetorical.  

I A). Don't see why this is a partisan topic and B). Don't understand why people actually WANT a lesser system.  

I find it odd as hell. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Forget Trump, Biden, Republican and Democrat, lets talk logic and common sense only.  Let's pretend you are at work on a project and thinking of a process that is most effective, keep "politics" out of it, just choosing the best and fairest system. 

Showing up in person and voting  that is counted that exact second and more easily monitored, versus mass mail out of ballots (where a ballot has to be sent out and then the vote get back correctly and timely by a third party).   

Which would be the best process?  You don't actually have to answer as its rhetorical.  

I A). Don't see why this is a partisan topic and B). Don't understand why people actually WANT a lesser system.  

I find it odd as hell. 

Nailed it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I heard this analogy:

If you won millions on a lottery ticket, would you mail it in to claim the prize, or take it to the lottery office in person?

If you don't trust the mail with a winning lottery ticket, you shouldn't trust it with the country's future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And Voting is the #1 best and most effective form of protest.   You don't like the current climate of government, then vote against it, its your Democratic right.  Marching in streets, protesting with signs is all fine and well to get your point (whatever that may be) across but at the end of the day the MOST EFFECTIVE form of protest is a vote, that has actual impact.

We've somehow already established that protesting in the streets is okay in this Covid era, why wouldn't voting in person also apply?  

I'm baffled. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

That’s way too logical, stop it before you upset the Libs. 

57 minutes ago, MDC said:

If mail in voting = more fraud, how come Trump’s own commission found no evidence of voter fraud in the 2016 election even though almost 25% of votes were cast by mail? 

It’s pretty obvious it leads to more fraud just by how desperate the snowflakes are to have it. 

Jesus some of you guys are really, really slow.

Masks don’t “work.” They reduce the risk. Social distancing is first though. If you’re packed in like sardines, well those masks aren’t gonna do d1ck.

So what you gotta do first and foremost is avoiding crowding. Then you add the masks on top as an extra layer of protection. Still, nothing is foolproof.

So is having in person voting worth the risk? I’d say definitely not. Those polling places are always crowded, certainly at least at peak times, and there can be lines out the door as well leading to further situations where people are in close proximity.

Plus every person that’s coming in and out of there is exhaling, talking, maybe sneezing or coughing. Every single one of those instances puts tiny little particles in the air that linger for a while. Masks do help, but they don’t eliminate the issue.

Think about that, how many people are in and out of those polling places all day and night, coming into close proximity with others and leaving aerosols in the air. With that many occurrences it’s not hard to see how an outbreak could result, maybe at many polling places across the state and country.

On the other hand, you’ve got mail in voting. Easy and secure (unsubstantiated conspiracy theories aside). Damn near no risk whatsoever.

To me the choice is clear. So clear you’d have to wonder why anyone would possibly want it another way :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Give it up, those mail in votes were personally requested by register voters. That is not how they want to do it this year.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Jesus some of you guys are really, really slow.

Masks don’t “work.” They reduce the risk. Social distancing is first though. If you’re packed in like sardines, well those masks aren’t gonna do d1ck.

So what you gotta do first and foremost is avoiding crowding. Then you add the masks on top as an extra layer of protection. Still, nothing is foolproof.

So is having in person voting worth the risk? I’d say definitely not. Those polling places are always crowded, certainly at least at peak times, and there can be lines out the door as well leading to further situations where people are in close proximity.

Plus every person that’s coming in and out of there is exhaling, talking, maybe sneezing or coughing. Every single one of those instances puts tiny little particles in the air that linger for a while. Masks do help, but they don’t eliminate the issue.

Think about that, how many people are in and out of those polling places all day and night, coming into close proximity with others and leaving aerosols in the air. With that many occurrences it’s not hard to see how an outbreak could result, maybe at many polling places across the state and country.

On the other hand, you’ve got mail in voting. Easy and secure (unsubstantiated conspiracy theories aside). Damn near no risk whatsoever.

To me the choice is clear. So clear you’d have to wonder why anyone would possibly want it another way :dunno:

Worms, you stand in a single file line, its not a concert or bar.  Also, in another thread you just admitted to going to a kids birthday party, yet you are scared to stand in line between two people, with a mask, six feet apart and vote.

Stop towing party lines and think logically. 

No risk for fraud. by mail JFC.   I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Get an absentee ballot. Problem solved 

Exactly, if you are that scared "even after coming home from a birthday party" then get an absentee ballot, check the box for your cause of not being able to vote in person, then do so.   Those ballots should be audited extensively too.  If its legit then great. 

• Haha 1

I mean this whole “It’s fine, I’m wearing a mask” attitude is one of the main reasons they were reluctant to recommend masks at first. False sense of security.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Get an absentee ballot. Problem solved 

Which would be done by... mail?

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Worms, you stand in a single file line, its not a concert or bar.  Also, in another thread you just admitted to going to a kids birthday party, yet you are scared to stand in line between two people, with a mask, six feet apart and vote.

Stop towing party lines and think logically. 

No risk to the mail or fraud.  JFC. 

You’ve got no evidence of fraud. Totally made up.

And yeah I went to a kids’ birthday party almost totally outside with a finite number of people there, folks that I knew were probably being pretty careful.

Totally different situation. And you know what? It was a risk. One I was willing to take, but if I were older, or suffering from an underlying illness, or worried about the sheer number of people going in and out of polling places, almost all of whom I do not know and don’t know if I can trust... yeah, I might not take that risk. Many will not.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You’ve got no evidence of fraud.

We've never had Nationwide 100% mail in voting in the history of the United State of America.  So no.  Actually I do, in my state of NC, Republicans did it in a local election,  but I'm to currently lazy to look it up. 

What I do have is common sense and logic though.  See my post approx 15 posts up. 

• Haha 1

A Nevada county mailed out 1.3 million ballots for its primary election but 1 in 5 were never delivered

https://www.businessinsider.com/clark-county-nevada-las-vegas-mail-in-primary-ballots-undeliverable-2020-8

I support absentee ballots, been doing it for years because I travel a lot (pre-covid) for work.  The problem here though is that there is no proven, established systems for mailing ballots to everyone.

What could go wrong?  :dunno:

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Well back then Hillary was thought to be a lock by them until she lost. So this year they wouldn’t take any chance and make sure Biden wins to get back in power. 

If they rigged the DNC primary for Hillary what makes you think they won’t rig the general since last time they lost? 

If youre comfortable voting in person, by all means go ahead. If you are high risk or not comfortable, by all means the option to vote by mail should be available. Just because you are fine with voting in person doesnt mean everyone else is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

If youre comfortable voting in person, by all means go ahead. If you are high risk or not comfortable, by all means the option to vote by mail should be available. Just because you are fine with voting in person doesnt mean everyone else is.

There is a difference between absentee balloting, which has been available forever, and universal mail in balloting.  Especially so when trying to implement universal mail in voting in a number of months.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

There is a difference between absentee balloting, which has been available forever, and universal mail in balloting.  Especially so when trying to implement universal mail in voting in a number of months.

Absentee ballots are sent via the mail, same as mail-in ballots would be. Why not just expand it during a pandemic so everyone can vote? There are plenty of people that are staying away from public gatherings during the pandemic and would like to vote. We should provide them an opportunity to cast a ballot. Whats the downside?

39 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Absentee ballots are sent via the mail, same as mail-in ballots would be. Why not just expand it during a pandemic so everyone can vote? There are plenty of people that are staying away from public gatherings during the pandemic and would like to vote. We should provide them an opportunity to cast a ballot. Whats the downside?

Wow. You usually seem like a fairly intelligent person, even though I disagree with you politically. If you don’t know the difference between someone asking for a ballot to be sent to their home and the government using ballots from  some address roll that has not been updated and just sending ballots out , then I don’t know what to think about your grasp on this issue. 

4 hours ago, MDC said:

Absentee you have to do it yourself. What Democrats are talking about is shotgun blasting the whole country with ballots. Just right out the gate, waste of paper, energy, human workforce. Millions of the ballots will not be filled out or processed correctly. Even the Post Office admitted they can't handle it. They can't even handle their workload as is.

Nevermind voter fraud. That is another topic. From the Green new deal party though it's ok to waste trees and resources going this route. Actually, if they just addressed mail waste alone they could add millions of trees to the planet. Just one bill on reducing junk mail would be the biggest impact on the environment. 

They won't go near it. Instead, they want more of it...meh.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

There are plenty of people that are staying away from public gatherings during the pandemic and would like to vote. We should provide them an opportunity to cast a ballot. 

This, absolutely.  Thats why, instead of a bunch if posturing for months, there should have been a process set up for mail in voters to apply for a ballot, be vetted as a legal, registered voter, and submit their ballot.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wow. You usually seem like a fairly intelligent person, even though I disagree with you politically. If you don’t know the difference between someone asking for a ballot to be sent to their home and the government using ballots from  some address roll that has not been updated and just sending ballots out , then I don’t know what to think about your grasp on this issue. 

Every state is doing it differently. Yes there are some like California that are just blasting ballots out to everyone, which I disagree with

There are others that basically want to move to the 'no-excuse absentee ballot', which is already in use in some places. A voter needs to request a ballot, they are verified, and are mailed a ballot. No reason is necessary for the ballot request. I'm ok with that.