jerryskids

I have Cancer :/ -- still doing well

7 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Update!  Had the scans yesterday:  looked good; no changes to the two nodules hanging around, no new ones.  I mentioned elsewhere that I was concerned about something in my blood work:  that was calcium, which could be a sign of lung or bone cancer, but it was back in range.  I did have a weird blowout of my eosinophil reading which I mentioned here before:

Reading that reminded me that the high reading my be a sign of the efficacy of the immunotherapy, bonus!

For some reason that set of tests was slow in returning so we didn't review them during my onc visit.  But the same thing happened last year (around December, quite odd) and it fixed itself, other than linking to some gastric discomfort (which I have again).

Anyway, I'm not worried and can enjoy the holidays in peace.  Thank you all for the warm wishes.  :cheers: 

Woo hoo!🙌

• Thanks 1

Update!  Had treatment yesterday; my eosinophils are much lower (still way out of range, but at least trending down), and thyroid seems better, so the PA doesn't seem concerned at all.

Only interesting potential development is that when I spoke to scheduling to schedule my next two treatments, there was a delay because they needed pre-certification because my status had been changed to "maintenance."  When I showed surprise because the PA hadn't said anything (nor the Onc the time before), she assured me that the treatments would remain the same.  Which they are, at least for these next two.

In general I suppose that the label seems like a good thing, although like I think I said that I'll be afraid when the time comes that they are done giving me the immuno.  This May will be two years on Keytruda which is the typical duration, although I've heard of people getting it longer.

• Thanks 1

@Raven Fanand other newbies who are interested, here is a brief summary:

- Throat cancer, stage 4, 8/20 (staging for this is based on tumor size; it had NOT metastasized at this point)

- Laryngectomy 9/20.  Tried another simpler surgery earlier but the tumor was too pervasive

- Radiation for 7 weeks end of 2020

- Metastasized anyway, to my lung

- 6 months of chemo and immuno (Keytruda) from May-October 2021; active tumor was gone that summer

- Keytruda-only for the past 14 months

I retired in late 2021 because the prognosis for what I have, historically, is not good, but Keytruda is a helluva drug and so far, so good.  :cheers: 

• Like 2

What you went through was miles more challenging than mine.  While I had my guts ripped out and a couple of NG tubes shoved up my nose during various times in 21, having difficulty swallowing, eating, and breathing sounds really bad.

Thanks for bumping this.  I'm glad you had this crew to share your thoughts and journey with and I hope you find continued recovery and maintain your excellent attitude.  We may not agree on very much but we're all brothers in the end and I wish nothing but the best for you and your family.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

What you went through was miles more challenging than mine.  While I had my guts ripped out and a couple of NG tubes shoved up my nose during various times in 21, having difficulty swallowing, eating, and breathing sounds really bad.

Thanks for bumping this.  I'm glad you had this crew to share your thoughts and journey with and I hope you find continued recovery and maintain your excellent attitude.  We may not agree on very much but we're all brothers in the end and I wish nothing but the best for you and your family.

Swallowing and eating are inconvenient -- it takes me longer to eat, but I've been able to eat anything I want, although it takes longer and some things are more challenging than others.

Breathing is a bigger pain, mostly for exercise.  And there is constant maintenance of the stoma (hole in my trachea through which I breathe).

Speaking is the worst -- I mentioned the prognosis leading to my retirement; the other factor was that I was in engineering sales, and I speak with a prosthetic which is... not ideal.  My company wanted to keep me on in some non-customer facing capacity; probably still would, if I get too bored arguing with you mooks all day.  :cheers: 

• Haha 1

Jerry, you continue to amaze me. I'm wishing you all the very best. Sounds like you have a great family and to a large extent that's a living, breathing, growing testament to you.

I wish you strength and health and all the best that life has to offer for a very long time.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jerryskids said:

- Throat cancer, stage 4, 8/20 (staging for this is based on tumor size; it had NOT metastasized at this point)

- Laryngectomy 9/20.  Tried another simpler surgery earlier but the tumor was too pervasive

- 6 months of chemo and immuno (Keytruda) from May-October 2021; active tumor was gone that summer

I retired in late 2021 because the prognosis for what I have, historically, is not good, but Keytruda is a helluva drug and so far, so good.  :cheers: 

Any idea of what caused the throat cancer?  Just dumb luck as is most cancers?

7 minutes ago, shadrap said:

Hpv

36 minutes ago, shadrap said:

The ghey?

46 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

The ghey?

Man just when it seems like you can’t be a bigger tool you manage to clear a higher hurdle. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Glad to hear Keytruda has you on the right track, how long do you have to stay on it and are side effects bad? 

3 minutes ago, BirdGang said:

Man just when it seems like you can’t be a bigger tool you manage to clear a higher hurdle. 

HFS  🤣

The guy with a$$ cancer just speculated that the guy with throat cancer was caused by the ghey too.

53 minutes ago, shadrap said:

I used to chew.  And on again/off again with drinking more than a healthy amount.  And both parents had cancer.  Basically the trifecta of bad indicators.

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I used to chew.  And on again/off again with drinking more than a healthy amount.  And both parents had cancer.  Basically the trifecta of bad indicators.

So not the ghey?

5 minutes ago, BirdGang said:

Glad to hear Keytruda has you on the right track, how long do you have to stay on it and are side effects bad? 

From the post above the one you quoted :unsure: :

Only interesting potential development is that when I spoke to scheduling to schedule my next two treatments, there was a delay because they needed pre-certification because my status had been changed to "maintenance."  When I showed surprise because the PA hadn't said anything (nor the Onc the time before), she assured me that the treatments would remain the same.  Which they are, at least for these next two.

In general I suppose that the label seems like a good thing, although like I think I said that I'll be afraid when the time comes that they are done giving me the immuno.  This May will be two years on Keytruda which is the typical duration, although I've heard of people getting it longer

Basically, we haven't discussed ending it, but I expect the conversation to come up as we approach 2 years in May.

Minimal side effects.  I take one quarter pill Immodium/day for slightly loose bowels, and I'm a little more tired than usual the few days after treatment.  Nothing bad, but one time I forgot and did a tough workout, and later that day I paid for it.  Today is the day after; I did 15 minutes of light rowing on our machine, then stretched a bit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

So not the ghey?

Not yet but I like to play hard to get, sailor.  :wub: 

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Not yet but I like to play hard to get, sailor.  :wub: 

I'd suggest you hit up @BirdGang or @Horseman if you're looking for some gayplay.

They seem very in need of an outlet from which to express their gay desires.  If you're a regular dude like me then whatever you do don't contact those two phaggolas. 

8 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Swallowing and eating are inconvenient -- it takes me longer to eat, but I've been able to eat anything I want, although it takes longer and some things are more challenging than others.

Breathing is a bigger pain, mostly for exercise.  And there is constant maintenance of the stoma (hole in my trachea through which I breathe).

Speaking is the worst -- I mentioned the prognosis leading to my retirement; the other factor was that I was in engineering sales, and I speak with a prosthetic which is... not ideal.  My company wanted to keep me on in some non-customer facing capacity; probably still would, if I get too bored arguing with you mooks all day.  :cheers: 

I thought we was homeboys.  :( 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Horseman said:

HFS  🤣

The guy with a$$ cancer just speculated that the guy with throat cancer was caused by the ghey too.

Seriously, lowest possible life form….then he will cry a river playing the victim 5 minutes later. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Raven Fan said:

So not the ghey?

Nope, not like yours.  I was betting Karma, but, thanks for owning up to it.  :thumbsup:

Makes sense why you're so sensitive about homos though and need to project it out on everyone.    

14 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

From the post above the one you quoted :unsure: :

Basically, we haven't discussed ending it, but I expect the conversation to come up as we approach 2 years in May.

Minimal side effects.  I take one quarter pill Immodium/day for slightly loose bowels, and I'm a little more tired than usual the few days after treatment.  Nothing bad, but one time I forgot and did a tough workout, and later that day I paid for it.  Today is the day after; I did 15 minutes of light rowing on our machine, then stretched a bit.

Changing to maintenance sounds like good news, keep fighting the fight my friend sounds like you are doing way better than most that were faced with this. 

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Nope, not like yours.  I was betting Karma, but, thanks for owning up to it.  :thumbsup:

Makes sense why you're so sensitive about homos though and need to project it out on everyone.    

Shall I post up the link you posted phaggola?  It seems 'normal" to you phaggolas but it's kind of gross to us heteros.

Is living a double life hard?  Like do you get your gay sex in one night and you're hetero sex in the other nights?  Or are you just full on homo, dik in your ass gay all the time?

Just now, Horseman said:

Says the guy who

A - Can't stop talking about me

B - Got a$$ cancer from having too much ghey sex.  

Wholly fok guys, we have the worlds biggest posting here.

Wait, so ghey sex like you have gives one colon cancer?

Got a link for that pole smoker?  Cause cancer or not you sure were eager to post up your gay sex twitter link...

LMFAO

25 minutes ago, Horseman said:

HFS  🤣

I shudder when he posts.  never seen anything like it except maybe grade school.  Talking 5th grade & lower, mind you.

whatever.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

THAT'S ENOUGH GUYS.  IGNORE THE GIMP.  WE SHALL NOT LET HIM RUIN JERRY'S THREAD.

THAT'S JUST NOT COOL.

SORRY @jerryskids

Do you currently have a dik in your ass homo like the link you provided?

LMFAO

3 minutes ago, shadrap said:

I shudder when he posts.  never seen anything like it except maybe grade school.  Talking 5th grade & lower, mind you.

whatever.

James Daulton

9 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Forget all the board. b*******.

I wish I could have had a beer with you.🍻

Rock on Brudda. 🤘

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Actually that's @DonS :thumbsup: 

You down with HPV?  Yeah you know me! 

Update$#@!  All good.  Had scans earlier this week, nothing new and no changes to the stupid nodules that just hang around.  :cheers: 

Next Wednesday is chest reconstruction, kinda a b00b job.  They are going to lipo fat from elsewhere and shove it in my chest (recall that they used my left pec to reconstruct my throat after the surgery).  I'm actually quite fit for a 55 yr old guy and she views it as a challenge to find some fat.  They are also relocating my nipple because I currently look like a Picasso painting.

Fun story, earlier this week in our pre-op appointment I asked about different activities -- bad part is no exercise for 6 weeks, although she said I can stretch in that time.  Then I asked about... sex.  She is 34B, tall (5'10 at least), thin, attractive like you'd expect a plastic surgeon, 40 yrs old tops.  Anyway, her response:  "pain will be your guide.  Otherwise no restrictions... except the nipple, that's my baby."  😎

I'll update in 12 weeks after the next scan unless there is something worthwhile.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

😮💨 still get nervous when I see this bumped. 

good to hear. 

If you need some good flirt material, let her know you have the first pick in the players championship for a fantasy golf draft on a lightly trafficked swamp errr message board 

42 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Update$#@!  All good.  Had scans earlier this week, nothing new and no changes to the stupid nodules that just hang around.  :cheers: 

Next Wednesday is chest reconstruction, kinda a b00b job.  They are going to lipo fat from elsewhere and shove it in my chest (recall that they used my left pec to reconstruct my throat after the surgery).  I'm actually quite fit for a 55 yr old guy and she views it as a challenge to find some fat.  They are also relocating my nipple because I currently look like a Picasso painting.

Fun story, earlier this week in our pre-op appointment I asked about different activities -- bad part is no exercise for 6 weeks, although she said I can stretch in that time.  Then I asked about... sex.  She is 34B, tall (5'10 at least), thin, attractive like you'd expect a plastic surgeon, 40 yrs old tops.  Anyway, her response:  "pain will be your guide.  Otherwise no restrictions... except the nipple, that's my baby."  😎

I'll update in 12 weeks after the next scan unless there is something worthwhile.

ha..good to hear