Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

I have stopped eating at work

I have been doing this for about 2 weeks. I had already stopped eating at coffee break and was only eating at lunch. Now I am not eating anything. It's great. I just chew some gum to take away the urges to eat. Not worrying about bringing anything or spending money on food is a huge benefit.

For most people who say they can't, that's bs. It takes some getting used to, but once you go a few days or so without the food at work, it's not too bad. I feel a lot better at work also. I'm never really hungry, i just yet the urge to eat. So i just eat something right when I get home. 

Yeah, I pretty much just became a breakfast only kind of guy. Mostly for logistic reasons. Plus it is just a damn hassle.

Also, lunch approaches twenty bucks anymore. That's insane.

Now I have a decent breakfast, and drink my feelings away for dinner.

Because Dad always said, never ruin a $50 Buzz with a $5 Burger.

Ive always done intermittent fasting without really knowing I was doing it.  

I like breakfast food but have never been one to eat real early.  I dont get hungry until at least 10 or 11am.  I bring a few snacks to have throughout the day.  A piece of fruit.  A bag of peanuts.  A muffin.  That sort of stuff.  I find if I order out or bring a meal at lunch I get tired.  I eat a full dinner pretty early most nights.

Nothing to do with weight loss or health.  I just dont gwt that hungry until afternoon.  The gallon of coffee I have probably suppresses my appetite.  I find that many people eat based on time of the day rather than being hungry.  

Why would you think posting this here was going to work out well? 

21 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I have been doing this for about 2 weeks. I had already stopped eating at coffee break and was only eating at lunch. Now I am not eating anything. It's great. I just chew some gum to take away the urges to eat. Not worrying about bringing anything or spending money on food is a huge benefit.

For most people who say they can't, that's bs. It takes some getting used to, but once you go a few days or so without the food at work, it's not too bad. I feel a lot better at work also. I'm never really hungry, i just yet the urge to eat. So i just eat something right when I get home. 

I eat 5 to 6 times a day.  I eat at home.  I eat at the gym.  I eat at work.  It's not THAT you're eating, it's WHAT you're eating, that's the issue.

2 hours ago, nospk said:

Maybe he didn’t? Not every post has to impress 

4 hours ago, MDC said:

Why? :dunno: 

There were a few reasons. I have had some bad reactions to food lately. Anything not healthy was really messing with me. I decided to do longer intermittent fasting at work and just go the whole day without eating, and I ended up feeling pretty good because of it. I also realized it makes life easier not to have to worry about brining healthy food to work every day. 

If I could eat shitty and feel fine, I would do it. I would be a fatty. I can't, so not eating is the easiest way to go about it. 

4 hours ago, nospk said:

Whats wrong with what I posted? Everyone is different. Some peole should eat all day, some people shouldn't. I get home and eat right away.

It's called intermittent fasting. I do the same thing. Although what your doing is closer OMAD.

When I worked a physical job I would be deathly hungry by noon. Then when I had a desk job doing nothing I could go til 1pm lunch. It all depends how much energy your body needs.

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

There were a few reasons. I have had some bad reactions to food lately. Anything not healthy was really messing with me. I decided to do longer intermittent fasting at work and just go the whole day without eating, and I ended up feeling pretty good because of it. I also realized it makes life easier not to have to worry about brining healthy food to work every day. 

If I could eat shitty and feel fine, I would do it. I would be a fatty. I can't, so not eating is the easiest way to go about it. 

Are you eating a lot of fast food... burgers, chicken, pork, etc?  If it's meats that are causing you to feel bad, it could be that you may have a gall bladder issue.

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Okay just curious. I am at home now but when I was going in regularly I’d bring leftovers, usually chicken breast and salad etc.

There are jobs I'm on that don't have microwaves. Some jobs have no air conditioning. So it's not always easy to have microwaveable food, or food that needs to stay cold. It's just a lot easier to not worry about it

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Are you eating a lot of fast food... burgers, chicken, pork, etc?  If it's meats that are causing you to feel bad, it could be that you may have a gall bladder issue.

At one point yes. I was basically eating as poorly as one could eat, and I was eating a ton of it. I may have done some damage because I still feel up if I eat poorly. Eating less often makes me a feel a lot better.