KSB2424

Systemic Racism

6 hours ago, FlyinHeadlock said:

You are presenting a red herring. Something that draws one away from a relevant issue at hand which is black / white police brutality.  The thread is not stupid. Common tactic though of people today. Use profanity or call something stupid while avoiding the main topic of discussion because their point of view has been exposed as deficient of substance. 

The thread is stupid because the OP keeps changing the parameters to suit his purpose. The thread is not  about police brutality, the parameter are drawn out very clearly. 

I see this all the time mentioned as a catch-all but I can’t quite put my finger on where it applies in 2020.  1960? Sure of course, but today?

1.  I’m really trying to understand and am not being facetious.

2.  Is Systemic the same as Institutional Racism

Try to keep on topic, ironically you are the Red Herring in the room.

Don’t be afraid to see what you see.

And yes Systemic is the same as Institutional Racism, I posted the definition earlier.

what do you have to add on topic?

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, that’s a word play. He was told to stop doing something by the court, he wasn’t found guilty of a crime . If it’s a crime and he’s guilty, what was his punishment? Just because the reporter worded it like  that doesn’t make it so.  Not exactly fake news, but a fake headline. 

Actually, it was my word, convicted,  that was inaccurate. He was found guilty by the court. It was my fault there was confusion but it doesn’t change the fact that it is an example and it is pushed by our government.

15 hours ago, Reality said:

It's actually disrespectful to black folks that people think they are too focking stupid to get an ID.

It's a non-issue, the only people fighting against voter ID are people who covertly support voter fraud. It's that simple.

Agree.  Im confused as why an ID is a racist system?  Should they have polling places in the bodegas? What should they do, hold their hand and ride them to the polling station? They already do.  

It is amazing the leaps people have to make to find these laws racist.  

I need an ID to buy a 6 pack for crying out loud.  But one to vote in an election is asking too much? 

Holy hell.

26 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Agree.  Im confused as why an ID is a racist system?  Should they have polling places in the bodegas? What should they do, hold their hand and ride them to the polling station? They already do.  

It is amazing the leaps people have to make to find these laws racist.  

I need an ID to buy a 6 pack for crying out loud.  But one to vote in an election is asking too much? 

Holy hell.

Correct, but if you look at it either way it is an example of Systemic racism. Isn’t that what the OP is looking for? This is an example both sides should agree on for the opposite reason. Is it Racism because the vote is being suppressed or is it Racism because they are implying the people are to dumb to get an ID.

Am I getting the purpose of this thread wrong?

20 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

1.  It’s not a policy in NC, you don’t need to have an ID to vote.  You yourself stated it was struck down.  It was proposed and voted on but struck down.  It’s not currently a law, at least it in NC.

2.  I just read your whole article, the whole basis of its findings were based on a survey of peoples feelings.  

3. Voting ID on its face isn’t racist.  If you were an alien and were simply creating a good way to stop fraud it would make common sense.  The argument is blacks have a harder time getting an ID, so it disproportionately effects them.  Still not sure why that is.  But fine we can add it to the list.

ETA:  I will say this.  It should be free to get a govt ID.  

North Carolina Republicans tried to pass a racist bill into law.  Your state government blatantly attempted to disenfranchise minority voters.  The fact that it isn't law doesn't prove that systemic racism doesn't exist.  State government proposing racist bills is kinda the textbook definition of systemic racism.

And the article I linked only mentions feelings with regard to minorities' outlook of the future.  They disproportionately are affected by intimidation at the polls.  Something the Republicans are trying to do again this fall:

https://www.salon.com/2020/05/19/republicans-recruit-50000-volunteers-to-police-voter-fraud-in-november/

It's funny that you dismiss that research as predicated on feelings.....but you wanna talk about the black lady in pajamas buying scratch offs and ZERO black families showing up to help make your school look purdy.  Juxtaposed with your own personal rags to riches story.  Seems like your message is that there is no such thing as systemic racism and that if people continually experience hardship it has to be because of a lack of character.  

No wonder you defended Donald Sterling back in the day.

Sheesh

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I read it. While the outcome may have affected more Black people, the law was the same for everyone. Disagree? 

If it affected more Black people, how could it be the same for everyone?  :unsure:

Seems like NC Republicans knew what/who to target and put it into the bill.  It was inherently unequal from the start.  So yes, I disagree it was the same for everyone.

16 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

North Carolina Republicans tried to pass a racist bill into law.  Your state government blatantly attempted to disenfranchise minority voters.  The fact that it isn't law doesn't prove that systemic racism doesn't exist.  State government proposing racist bills is kinda the textbook definition of systemic racism.

And the article I linked only mentions feelings with regard to minorities' outlook of the future.  They disproportionately are affected by intimidation at the polls.  Something the Republicans are trying to do again this fall:

https://www.salon.com/2020/05/19/republicans-recruit-50000-volunteers-to-police-voter-fraud-in-november/

It's funny that you dismiss that research as predicated on feelings.....but you wanna talk about the black lady in pajamas buying scratch offs and ZERO black families showing up to help make your school look purdy.  Juxtaposed with your own personal rags to riches story.  Seems like your message is that there is no such thing as systemic racism and that if people continually experience hardship it has to be because of a lack of character.  

Sheesh

A proposed bill is not a law.  It has zero effect until It is actually put in place.  Why can’t you understand that?  

You may want to go to another state that actually HAS voter ID laws because we don’t. Hence your terrible example.  

28 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

Sheesh

How do you type so many words with those limp wrists?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

He dicktates.

49 minutes ago, FeelingMN said:

If it affected more Black people, how could it be the same for everyone?  :unsure:

Seems like NC Republicans knew what/who to target and put it into the bill.  It was inherently unequal from the start.  So yes, I disagree it was the same for everyone.

Insider trading laws affect more Jewish people. Is that anti-Semitic? DWI laws affect more white people. Is that racist ? 

24 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Was it the salon article or just his speech pattern that gave it away?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, iam90sbaby said:

Was it the salon article or just his speech pattern that gave it away?

Salon.  Good grief. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FeelingMN said:

Sheesh

He doesn’t want to understand. His goal here is to disprove there is systemic racism and he fights every example because his list is getting too long.

On 8/27/2020 at 1:01 PM, iam90sbaby said:

Systemic racism is whites having to pay for an education that minorities get for free or at a reduced cost. Systemic racism is requiring a lower score for certain races on your SAT or ACT to get into the same university. Systemic racism is whites going to the bottom of an application pile because businesses get a tax break for hiring minorites. 

This

42 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

A proposed bill is not a law.  It has zero effect until It is actually put in place.  Why can’t you understand that?  

You may want to go to another state that actually HAS voter ID laws because we don’t. Hence your terrible example.  

It is the intent and the accusations that it is racist that shows systemic racism . You never said it had to be a law, why are you fighting this. You asked for examples, if you don’t understand them I get why you started this tread.. You don’t get it.

I don’t agree with all of my examples I am just providing what you asked for. These example are why systemic racism has come up. This is what it is based on. You don’t have to agree.

43 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Now you are attacking, what is wrong with you?

and they are ganging up on someone who has a different opinion.

Priceless!

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Insider trading laws affect more Jewish people. Is that anti-Semitic? DWI laws affect more white people. Is that racist ? 

Link! 

Your statement is very anti semitic, you decide.

15 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Link! 

Your statement is very anti semitic, you decide.

Why is it anti-Semitic? I’ll go ahead and rely on years of experience to make my case that the insider trading laws and other laws concerning Wall Street result in a disproportionate amount of Jewish people being charged with violating those laws. It goes beyond anecdotal. And what about DWI’s? Are you going to contest that most people charged with DWI aren’t white? 

28 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

It is the intent and the accusations that it is racist that shows systemic racism . You never said it had to be a law, why are you fighting this. You asked for examples, if you don’t understand them I get why you started this tread.. You don’t get it.

I don’t agree with all of my examples I am just providing what you asked for. These example are why systemic racism has come up. This is what it is based on. You don’t have to agree.

systemic racism. :lol:

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why is it anti-Semitic? I’ll go ahead and rely on years of experience to make my case that the insider trading laws and other laws concerning Wall Street result in a disproportionate amount of Jewish people being charged with violating those laws. It goes beyond anecdotal. And what about DWI’s? Are you going to contest that most people charged with DWI aren’t white? 

Then a link would be easy to find. Your experience my be a conclusion formed by your antisemiticism?

32 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

systemic racism. :lol:

These are the reasons they are talking about, that was the intent of the OP. we don’t have to agree with it just understand why they believe it. Is it a bunch of crap or is it real? Your choice. That is why leaving things off the list defeats the purpose of the thread.

16 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Then a link would be easy to find. Your experience my be a conclusion formed by your antisemiticism?

No. By my observations. 

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No. By my observations. 

That is why I said it is  anti-semitism. How do you know about all this insider trading information in the USA? Did you report it? Did they tell you they were doing it? How many Jewish people do you know to support this claim?

All you need is a link.

6 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

That is why I said it is  anti-semitism. How do you know about all this insider trading information in the USA? Did you report it? Did they tell you they were doing it? How many Jewish people do you know to support this claim?

All you need is a link.

Sorry Shonuff, I mean BB, I feel no need to confirm the obvious. Plus it’s impossible, because a persons religion isn’t a category for crime stats. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sorry Shonuff, I mean BB, I feel no need to confirm the obvious. Plus it’s impossible, because a persons religion isn’t a category for crime stats. 

And you are upset because another prejudice in you has surfaced?

7 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

And you are upset because another prejudice in you has surfaced?

I love jewish people. And I never said they were guilty. I said they were charged. I pointed out a lot of Jewish people work on Wall Street. A lot of Black people work in the NBA. A lot of Italians are masons. A lot of Bar men are Irish. Are they bigoted statements as well? 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I love jewish people. And I never said they were guilty. I said they were charged. I pointed out a lot of Jewish people work on Wall Street. A lot of Black people work in the NBA. A lot of Italians are masons. Are they bigoted statements as well? 

They are when you accuse them of illegal conduct to a great degree than others without proof.

No link?

Does anybody speak Baker Boy, and if so, can you summarize his position in this thread.  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Does anybody speak Baker Boy, and if so, can you summarize his position in this thread.  :dunno:

Uhhh...Cranberry cheesecake is underrated? 

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Afraid not.

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I am giving examples of why people are talking about systemic racism.. That is what was Asked in the OP, is it that hard to understand. HT changed the narrative.

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I think I cracked the code. He’s very in favor of charter schools, which I think most here are, and he’s attempting to use systematic racism as an avenue to make his case for it. No one really thinks he’s all about systematic racism.  He has a pet issue and will do what he has to in order to convince others. He’s having that conversation here, because  he wants to have it in real life with someone who is opposed to charter schools. He wants to tell a liberal they are racist. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

No. By my observations. 

It's interesting to me that people who talk about the first amendment never actually do anything with it. If that's your observation you should be able to make that statement without being called anti-semitic.

6 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

It's interesting to me that people who talk about the first amendment never actually do anything with it. If that's your observation you should be able to make that statement without being called anti-semitic.

There is so little bigotry of any substance in this country they have to find it where they can.  

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There is so little bigotry of any substance in this country they have to find it where they can.  

Facts are stubborn things 

- Ronald Reagan

😁

50 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think I cracked the code. He’s very in favor of charter schools, which I think most here are, and he’s attempting to use systematic racism as an avenue to make his case for it. No one really thinks he’s all about systematic racism.  He has a pet issue and will do what he has to in order to convince others. He’s having that conversation here, because  he wants to have it in real life with someone who is opposed to charter schools. He wants to tell a liberal they are racist. 

For the fifth time, I am giving examples, if you don’t want to hear them don’t ask for them. These are the reasons people are claiming systematic racism exists. We don’t have to believe it but you can’t ignore it because you disagree.

i do believe their are too many good Black Families trapped in the inner city who cannot escape and as fellow Americans we should help them do it for themselves. I don’t know if school choice will help but nothing else has worked. I know School choice is not the only answer but we are talking about decades of poor government legislation that is the heart of the problem. 

BTW: I never mentioned Charter Schools, are you sure you are not confusing with someone else. I guess this shows where your heads are at. Try comprehending what you read before you move on.

36 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Well it is, claiming Jewish people were more affected  by insider trading laws than other groups without proof is a very prejudicial statement.

He is entitled to his opinion but it is what it is.

25 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It is because you do not recognize it. This thread is loaded with it.