Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Florida schools reopened en masse, but a surge in coronavirus didn't follow, a USA TODAY analysis found

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2020/09/28/florida-schools-reopened-en-mass-feared-covid-surge-hasnt-followed/3557417001/

Many teachers and families feared a spike in COVID-19 cases when Florida made the controversial push to reopen schools in August with in-person instruction.
But a USA TODAY analysis shows the state’s positive case count among kids aged 5 to 17 declined through late September after a peak in July. Among the counties seeing surges in overall cases, it’s college-age adults – not school children – driving the trend, the analysis found.
The early results in Florida show the success of rigorous mask-wearing, social distancing, isolating contacts, and quick contact tracing when necessary, said health experts.
“Many of the schools that have been able to successfully open have also been implementing control measures that are an important part of managing spread in these schools,” said Dr. Nathaniel Beers, who serves on the American Academy of Pediatrics Council on School Health.

Rut Roh Rexy. This is the USA Today too, not exactly Fox News.

Wait a minute, in what world do the choads in Fla every do anything right?

Just now, The Elevator Killer said:

It all started with getting Tom Brady. 

😚

The D's have moved on. Covid is now a nothingburger to them. They got a SCOTUS appointment they need to try and stop.

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

The D's have moved on. Covid is now a nothingburger to them. They got a SCOTUS appointment they need to try and stop.

There is typically an "immediacy" to their behaviors.

8 minutes ago, lod001 said:

The D's have moved on. Covid is now a nothingburger to them. 

There's the tax thing now.  Suddenly.  Out of the blue.  

SCOTUS can't be stopped. 

6 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

There's the tax thing now.  Suddenly.  Out of the blue.  

SCOTUS can't be stopped. 

They are running out of fake outrages as we near the finish line.

15 minutes ago, drobeski said:

wear your mask!!! Just another Maine/Sturgess bloodbath the making!!!

I said the other say Maskachusetts restaurants can use their bar seating again?  I didn't realize, they can only do that if they put up partitions between seats. :doh: 🙄

37 minutes ago, lod001 said:

They keep blaming trump for killinh everyone for a nothingburger

I like how they take credit for wearing masks and keeping 50 ft apart.

My guess herd immunity is happening. Since those other things are just a placebo

19 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

I’m surprised they published something that was positive and uplifting. 

Was sort of my reason for posting it.

2 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

germany knew this months ago :rolleyes:

That Angela Merkle, what a diva

China has had schools open for months now.  But they don’t have elections. And their slave labor has to make stuff. 

31 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

China has had schools open for months now.  But they don’t have elections. And their slave labor has to make stuff. 

My son is on his 3rd week at school. They do have 3 or 4 yooge tents out where the playground is and softball field. In case it rains or whatever, so they can still go outside. They are trying to do as much outside as they can, but 3/4 of the time they are in the class.

heard on the news today,. a lot of cities are scrambling to start to get kids back in school. seeing how well it's going for other cities/states

21 hours ago, drobeski said:

wear your mask!!! Just another Maine/Sturgess bloodbath the making!!!

The early results in Florida show the success of rigorous mask-wearing, social distancing, isolating contacts, and quick contact tracing when necessary, said health experts.

They are and it's working.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

The party of science is really a bunch of scared idiots. 

It doesn't matter how often they get the science wrong.  They will just keep saying they are the party of science.

Just now, riversco said:

It doesn't matter how often they get the science wrong.  They will just keep saying they are the party of science.

It's important that they think themselves to be smart.  They don't realize that a guy in a white coat with a stethoscope around his neck is one of the oldest advertising gimmicks in the book. 

I have read that periodic masturbation raises ones immune response......I may never die.....

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

I have read that periodic masturbation raises ones immune response......I may never die.....

"periodic" not "constant"