Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

President Trump tweeted Happy Columbus Day

And my God the replies.  Someone even said something like "you are rubbing salt on the wounds of Indians"

My God.   The man can't even say Happy Columbus Day...which has existed since the early 1900's, without being called a racist

I love my country.

He's rubbing salt on the wounds of leftists.

Happy Columbus Day everyone.

on our fridge calendar, my chick wrote "indigenous people day"  she is trying to trigger me

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I still think this is a stupid holiday.

I enjoyed having it off, fock off.

• Like 1

I still think this is a stupid holiday.

Why? 

Just now, DexterM1776 said:

He's been taught to hate his history and cultural achievements.

Yep

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why? 

What really the point of having it as a holiday?  Especially one where the bank, post office and some schools close.  Pretty much everything is open here except for the bank and post office, schools are open.

12 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

And my God the replies.  Someone even said something like "you are rubbing salt on the wounds of Indians"

My God.   The man can't even say Happy Columbus Day...which has existed since the early 1900's, without being called a racist

I love my country.

Still voting biden?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DexterM1776 said:

Still voting biden?

I dunno...Focking Biden would be 82 if he made it all 4 years, which I doubt he will.  Not interested in a Kamala Presidency either.

So truthfully I don't know.   I will most likely go back to the original plan which was to skip the main race completely and just vote R for everything else.

I truly am the definition of an undecided voter at this point.  

7 minutes ago, DexterM1776 said:

He's been taught to hate his history and cultural achievements.

Yeah, that's it. 🙄  I'm not the only one here who feels the same.

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What really the point of having it as a holiday?  Especially one where the bank, post office and some schools close.  Pretty much everything is open here except for the bank and post office, schools are open.

Don't answer a question with a question.  Are you against all holidays, or just this one?  If just this one, why?

This was a huge accomplishment for the Spaniards, so really this is a celebration of people of color.  

12 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I dunno...Focking Biden would be 82 if he made it all 4 years, which I doubt he will.  Not interested in a Kamala Presidency either.

So truthfully I don't know.   I will most likely go back to the original plan which was to skip the main race completely and just vote R for everything else.

Trump can say some stupid things for sure. But I often think the media trys really hard to make Trump look as bad as they can.

You're in a battle ground state. I hope you vote trump.

13 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

You're in luck.  Today Biden said he's running for the Senate, so Kamala is really just running to be a vice-senator.  It's actually a demotion for her if they win.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

Don't answer a question with a question.  Are you against all holidays, or just this one?  If just this one, why?

No, I'm not against all holidays.  Why you would even assume that just proves to me that you're trolling me.  It's very common that people don't think Columbus Day is a big deal and should be a holiday.  If it was then the majority of businesses and all schools would be closed.  Sorry that I don't think of it as a big deal or being worthy of a holiday.

14 minutes ago, DexterM1776 said:

Trump can say some stupid things for sure. But I often think the media trys really hard to make Trump look as bad as they can.

You're in a battle ground state. I hope you vote trump.

He does say stupid things but that really doesn't phase me.  Whatever.  It's more than that.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

No, I'm not against all holidays.  Why you would even assume that just proves to me that you're trolling me.  It's very common that people don't think Columbus Day is a big deal and should be a holiday.  If it was then the majority of businesses and all schools would be closed.  Sorry that I don't think of it as a big deal or being worthy of a holiday.

What makes you think I made any assumptions.  That's why I ASKED whether you were against all holidays or just this one.  Someone is a little defensive.  Never mind the rest.  :rolleyes:

Just now, Strike said:

What makes you think I made any assumptions.  That's why I ASKED whether you were against all holidays or just this one.  Someone is a little defensive.  Never mind the rest.  :rolleyes:

Dude, I said that I think it's a stupid holiday and then I get blasted with questions as if you guys felt the need to defend it.  Being asked if I'm against all holidays just seemed like a complete troll effort.

46 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I assume you agree MLK day is pointless as well for the same reasons?

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

I assume you agree MLK day is pointless as well for the same reasons?

I think it's great as a day of recognition.  Don't think of it as an actual holiday where every has off.  I don't have an issue with Columbus Day being a day of recognition, just not a federal holiday.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think it's great as a day of recognition.  Don't think of it as an actual holiday where every has off.  I don't have an issue with Columbus Day being a day of recognition, just not a federal holiday.

MLK is a federal holiday exactly like Columbus Day.  Banks, post offices and schools are closed.  So do you also think MLK is a stupid holiday?

1 minute ago, Bert said:

MLK is a federal holiday exactly like Columbus Day.  Banks, post offices and schools are closed.  So do you also think MLK is a stupid holiday?

I gave my answer.  I think it's fine for a day of remembrance but don't think is should be an actual holiday.  Just like Columbus Day.  Not a holiday in my opinion. 

1. It is a stupid holiday.

2. Christopher Columbus was one of histories great explorers. Even if you are mad about white people taking over North America that is unrelated to CC's explorations. He was trying to find a route to India, and while he failed at that he did discover central america for the europeans.

3. Trump was trolling. I do not think a president should be a troll.

4. I think we should give more recognition to Leif Erikson.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Erikson_Day

• Haha 1

I gave my answer.  I think it's fine for a day of remembrance but don't think is should be an actual holiday.  Just like Columbus Day.  Not a holiday in my opinion. 

I agree completely with you that MLK and Columbus Day are stupid Holidays.   

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I haven't seen the tweet in question (I don't read Trump's tweets) but if he was just wishing everyone a happy Columbus day I don't see how that can be considered trolling.  It is a national holiday and he is the leader of the country.

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Trump was trolling, did he tweet happy labor day. I do not think a president should be a troll.

+ 1000%

10 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

1. It is a stupid holiday.

2. Christopher Columbus was one of histories great explorers. Even if you are mad about white people taking over North America that is unrelated to CC's explorations. He was trying to find a route to India, and while he failed at that he did discover central america for the europeans.

4. I think we should give more recognition to Leif Erikson.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Erikson_Day

How is this trolling and what should he have said?

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Just wait until he wishes everyone a Merry Xmas!!!

1 minute ago, Strike said:

We should rename Columbus Day to Colonizers Day. 

10 minutes ago, Strike said:

Christmas 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Christmas 

The word "Christ" and its compounds, including "Christmas", have been abbreviated in English for at least the past 1,000 years, long before the modern "Xmas" was commonly used. "Christ" was often written as "Xρ" or "Xt"; there are references in the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle as far back as 1021. This X and P arose as the uppercase forms of the Greek letters χ (Ch) and ρ (R) used in ancient abbreviations for Χριστος (Greek for "Christ").[1] The Chi-Rho, an amalgamation of the two Greek letters rendered as ☧ (Unicode character U+2627 ☧ CHI RHO) is a symbol often used to represent Christ in Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox Christian Churches.

17 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

It is just my opinion.

I do not follow trumps tweets, but he could have called out this specific holiday because he knew there was a small vocal minority that wants it renamed.

It’s not 1021. We have plenty of ink now.  It’s a Christian holiday and we don’t want the X. Case closed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is just my opinion.

I do not follow trumps tweets, but he could have called out this specific holiday because he knew there was a small vocal minority that wants it renamed.

Or maybe he said it because that's what it's called...

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not 1021. We have plenty of ink now.  It’s a Christian holiday and we don’t want the X. Case closed. 

You don't speak for all who celebrate Xmas.  HTH

I'm Christian and I don't care.  Go ahead and use the X if you want.

United Methodist?