Sign in to follow this  
Goggins

How Ironic: Biden and Harris both come from slave owning families

We learned during the primary about Harris' family owning slaves. 

Now we learn that Biden's paternal grandmother's family, the Robinettes, owned slaves in Maryland in 1820.

😂

The best part is that the left's favorite fact checking source, Snopes, "debunks" both of these claims while actually debunking neither and fully admitting that the Biden (Robinette) and Harris (Brown) families both owned slaves. 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/kamala-harris-ancestor-slaves/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/joe-biden-slaves-great-grandfather/

Republican President Abraham Lincoln freed blacks from literal slavery in the 1800's and Republican President Donald J Trump freed blacks from figurative slavery 150 years later.

They're Democrats, so it's ok.  Only Republican's are the evil ones for owning slaves... even though virtually all of the slave owners were Democrats.

2 hours ago, Goggins said:

Now we learn that Biden's paternal grandmother's family, the Robinettes, owned slaves in Maryland in 1820.

😂

The best part is that the left's favorite fact checking source, Snopes, "debunks" both of these claims while actually debunking neither and fully admitting that the Biden (Robinette) and Harris (Brown) families both owned slaves. 

Republican President Abraham Lincoln freed blacks from literal slavery in the 1800's and Republican President Donald J Trump freed blacks from figurative slavery 150 years later.

Harris's father backed up the claim with records. It's not unverified. It's true. Even Kamala admitted it. Snopes is nothing but a left wing burying machine of facts.

I am as of a hardcore anti-liberal/pro-conservative there is.

I coach some sports.  Used to be youth sports, but now varsity. 

Some kids (youth) would come late to practice, forget their shoes, come late to tournaments, etc as they relied on parents to get them there, remember things, etc.  

Other coaches, sometimes would criticize the kid for things like that. 

I'd always add "It's not the kid's fault that his parent's are dipsh!ts (druggies/deadbeats/etc)."

I don't like him or Harris. Both piles of sh!t based on their views and the fact they are anti-US and would love seeing the US fail.   And Snopes is 100% liberal propaganda machine. 

But, Biden can't help that his ancestors owned slaves, etc.  Zero he could have done or can do to change it. 

11 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

But, Biden can't help that his ancestors owned slaves, etc.  Zero he could have done or can do to change it. 

Pretty sure everyone here agrees with you, but the Left has gone out of their way to "Cancel" everyone who had a history of slave ownership in their family.  It's just typical Leftist philosophy to ignore agendas when it actually affects them.

3 hours ago, Goggins said:

😂

Did you read either of the Snopes articles?  The Biden claim they debunked was a picture of a confederate soldier that was said to be Biden's great grandfather...he was not.  Therefore, debunked.

To sum up

The viral meme claims that an image shows Joseph J. Biden, former Vice President Joe Biden’s great-grandfather, slave owner, and confederate soldier. But, that isn’t the case. The man in this photograph is actually a Civil War soldier named Richard Young Bennett who has no connection to the Biden family.

Furthermore, Biden’s paternal great-great grandfather was George T. Biden, not Joseph J. Biden, and we found no “Bidens” in the databases examined regarding Civil War soldiers or slave owners. While there are members of the “Robinette” family listed in Maryland’s database of slave owners from 1830, it’s unclear how this family is related (if at all) to the former vice president.

As far as the Biden/slave connection. No they don't "fully admit" Biden's family owned slaves.

Kamala Harris Claim:  UNPROVEN, so how is you came to the conclusion the "debunked" it?

8 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Pretty sure everyone here agrees with you, but the Left has gone out of their way to "Cancel" everyone who had a history of slave ownership in their family.  It's just typical Leftist philosophy to ignore agendas when it actually affects them.

Agreed.  If we "act" liberal ---meaning play their childish games...we should be screaming for his head, cancel, boycott, etc. 

I get it.  

38 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

He and Hunter could pay reparations.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

This is sure to move the needle in November.

I agree with your sarcastic stance.  This does nothing.  Trump is getting reelected already.  If this padded the ballot box, it's irrelevant.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, MDC said:

This is sure to move the needle in November.

I agree with you.  There is no chance that Biden is held accountable in the same way that a non-liberal would be.  The Democrat voters will disregard it for him, its all good.

Love the narrative of the left that Biden and Harris are for the blacks just because they tolerate riots.  

Joe wrote legislation on heavier penalties for crack.  - terrible for blacks

Kamala was pretty hard on simple crimes and violations like weed -terrible for blacks

Kamala is the token black VP.  Yet she is Jamaican and what Irish? And her ancestors owned slaves.  

It is weird how Dems have such a stronghold on black votes yet never have anything to show for it.  Some grade A brainwashing they have done for decades.  

Meanwhile Trump has done real things for blacks and touted the lowest AA unemployment ever nd hes a racist and hates black people.

You cant make this stuff up.  It is like some alternate reality that people live in order to see it this way.

42 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I agree with you.  There is no chance that Biden is held accountable in the same way that a non-liberal would be.  The Democrat voters will disregard it for him, its all good.

We should hold Biden accountable for the things his ancestors did - gotcha.

Just now, MDC said:

Hmmm, you make an interesting point.

I think I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. No one should be held accountable today for the mistakes of their ancestors or anyone that did bad things in the past.  You and I have found common ground!

Just now, RLLD said:

Hmmm, you make an interesting point.

I think I agree with you wholeheartedly on this. No one should be held accountable today for the mistakes of their ancestors or anyone that did bad things in the past.  You and I have found common ground!

I’m glad I could lead you to the light. 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Biden should not be held accountable for what his ancestors did, I totally agree with that...  No one alive today should be held accountable for what their ancestors did with owning people...

However, if that is true for the left, then it MUST be for the right and the discussions about slavery reparations should be dropped ASAP.

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m glad I could lead you to the light. 

Yes, thank you. Now we can end affirmative action, and stop pretending that systemic racism is an actual thing, this is a great day indeed.

22 minutes ago, MDC said:

We should hold  white Americans accountable for the things his ancestors did - gotcha.

See how that works? 

19 minutes ago, posty said:

Biden should not be held accountable for what his ancestors did, I totally agree with that...  No one alive today should be held accountable for what their ancestors did with owning people...

However, if that is true for the left, then it MUST be for the right and the discussions about slavery reparations should be dropped ASAP.

Nobody is seriously talking about reparations. 

9 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Yes, thank you. Now we can end affirmative action, and stop pretending that systemic racism is an actual thing, this is a great day indeed.

Go ahead. You already pretend that your feelings = Logic. You’re great at make believe.

2 minutes ago, drobeski said:

See how that works? 

Somebody asking Trump to answer for his ancestors?

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Go ahead. You already pretend that your feelings = Logic. You’re great at make believe.

Right.  Now we both know that you are philosophically and intellectually dishonest.  Time and again you have stood firm when the situation suited your personal bias only to fold when it was clear that you were in fact impugning an earlier/alternative position you held.

You are emblematic of the liberal mind today. Only passionate when it serves the ideology. When the same instance appears again, outside of your ideology, you change completely.

Dishonestly is your main quality.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Right.  Now we both know that you are philosophically and intellectually dishonest.  Time and again you have stood firm when the situation suited your personal bias only to fold when it was clear that you were in fact impugning an earlier/alternative position you held.

You are emblematic of the liberal mind today. Only passionate when it serves the ideology. When the same instance appears again, outside of your ideology, you change completely.

Dishonestly is your main quality.

Your problem is that you fancy yourself some kind of master logician but you’re just not that bright. That’s why I call you Cliffy. Because you’re a pretentious hot air blowing jackass.

HTH Cliffy.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I’m sure it went nowhere - these proposals have been around for decades.

True, but just because it is dead at the moment it doesn't mean that it can't return some time...

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

Your problem is that you fancy yourself some kind of master logician but you’re just not that bright. That’s why I call you Cliffy. Because you’re a pretentious hot air blowing jackass.

HTH Cliffy.

OK, but you remain completely dishonest, your "logic" ebbs and flows depending on the ideology and speaker. Therefore it is difficult to accept what you post, there is always that element of falseness.

22 minutes ago, MDC said:

Who said Trump.... white Americans have been answering for their ancestors for years,  and the demands are growing daily. 

They shouldn't,  its a ridiculous notion, we both agree. 

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

OK, but you remain completely dishonest, your "logic" ebbs and flows depending on the ideology and speaker. Therefore it is difficult to accept what you post, there is always that element of falseness.

Did I ever say someone should be held accountable for things their ancestors did? Link?

9 minutes ago, posty said:

True, but just because it is dead at the moment it doesn't mean that it can't return some time...

I won’t support it then either.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

Did I ever say someone should be held accountable for things their ancestors did? Link?

Not sure I follow.....perhaps you can expand on your position, or waffle on it, which ever hits you at the moment....🤣

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Not sure I follow.....perhaps you can expand on your position, or waffle on it, which ever hits you at the moment....🤣

No link then? Typical.

Good day Clifford:

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

No link then? Typical.

Good day Clifford:

Why would I link anything. We agreed on the topic.

Seems odd that you would need a link for that. Or were you hoping to pre-avoid being caught in another lie?

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Why would I link anything. 

You accused me of hypocrisy on this subject so I assumed you had a link to me holding someone accountable for things their ancestors did.

I should have known you were mistaking your womanly feelings for “logic” again.

Good day Cliffy. :( 

Just now, MDC said:

You accused me of hypocrisy on this subject so I assumed you had a link to me holding someone accountable for things their ancestors did.

I should have known you were mistaking your womanly feelings for “logic” again.

Good day Cliffy. :( 

Wrong.

I accuse you of hypocrisy period, as a component of your person.  In this instance we agree that people who did something before us does not mean we are accountable today in any way.

So were you purposely misrepresenting(lying) or were you being incompetent again?  Where are we on this there chief?

3 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I am as of a hardcore anti-liberal/pro-conservative there is.

I coach some sports.  Used to be youth sports, but now varsity. 

Some kids (youth) would come late to practice, forget their shoes, come late to tournaments, etc as they relied on parents to get them there, remember things, etc.  

Other coaches, sometimes would criticize the kid for things like that. 

I'd always add "It's not the kid's fault that his parent's are dipsh!ts (druggies/deadbeats/etc)."

I don't like him or Harris. Both piles of sh!t based on their views and the fact they are anti-US and would love seeing the US fail.   And Snopes is 100% liberal propaganda machine. 

It's great they owned slaves.  No one on the right cares and now no one on the left is allowed to care.  We just ended that stupid conversation, once and for all.  

Just now, TimmySmith said:

It's great they owned slaves.  No one on the right cares and now no one on the left is allowed to care.  We just ended that stupid conversation, once and for all.  

Thats fair.  It will be nice to not have to hear about stuff that is completely irrelevant for a few minutes.....

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

MDC has the worst win % here.  

May not be close.

He prefers to look at it this way: MDC has the winningest loss % here.

25 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Wrong.

I accuse you of hypocrisy period, as a component of your person.  In this instance we agree that people who did something before us does not mean we are accountable today in any way.

So were you purposely misrepresenting(lying) or were you being incompetent again?  Where are we on this there chief?

Until you produce a link to my hypocrisy on this issue I’ll assume you’re just having a spasm again. 

:dunno: 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I’m sure it went nowhere - these proposals have been around for decades.

So if the Democrats are in power they will vote against it? Biden will veto it? What Democrat would vote against that and lose the black vote forever? You’re a real political savant. 

53 minutes ago, MDC said:

I won’t support it then either.

And your support or non support will mean nothing at that point. Do You know how a representative democracy works? Doesn’t sound like you do. Why bother voting at all?