Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Just finished watching Breaking Bad for the first time.

Watched every episode over the last few weeks. Had never even known anything about it other than it's title. 

I won't deny it was a great show, but I can't remember a show where every single leading and supporting character was consistently such a despicable, ugly human throughout a whole series. 

Loved the fact that it was set in New Mexico though.  

12 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Watched every episode over the last few weeks. Had never even known anything about it other than it's title. 

I won't deny it was a great show, but I can't remember a show where every single leading and supporting character was consistently such a despicable, ugly human throughout a whole series. 

I thought Hank was a decent guy!

9 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I thought Hank was a decent guy!

I just he was a major dlck who had good intentions. As far as his work was concerned anyway. Who would want to hang out with that dude on a regular basis?

6 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

That is my favorite EP.

Undeniable. What a sweet moment on the show.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I just he was a major dlck who had good intentions. As far as his work was concerned anyway. Who would want to hang out with that dude on a regular basis?

He seem like the life of the party when Walter had get together's.

36 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah a lot of muy loco hombres

14 minutes ago, Rusty Syringes said:

GOAT.

Did you watch the movie about Jessie that took place after the series?  I do not remember the name of it.

Edit:

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

IF I re watched shows, this would be the one. 

Agree   Also would love to re-watch The Shield because that was awhile ago.

4 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

Agree   Also would love to re-watch The Shield because that was awhile ago.

I think the Shield broke TV Barriers for shows like BB to be made.

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

I think the Shield broke TV Barriers for shows like BB to be made.

Yes it was the first show I ever saw that much violence on a network tv show.  Add to that I do not remember liking characters that did what they did before that.  One ep I especially remember was a flashback where they had good intentions of stopping drug wars by letting just one gang sell drugs in their precinct but busting everyone else.  They planted drugs on the leader of a gang and Vic said "We are doing this just this one time."  Hard to believe that guy played The Commish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

Yes it was the first show I ever saw that much violence on a network tv show.  Add to that I do not remember liking characters that did what they did before that.  One ep I especially remember was a flashback where they had good intentions of stopping drug wars by letting just one gang sell drugs in their precinct but busting everyone else.  They planted drugs on the leader of a gang and Vic said "We are doing this just this one time."  Hard to believe that guy played The Commish.

Jimmy Smits having to give that guy a BJ. I was like wow this is on TV and this show is crazy!

1 minute ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Jimmy Smits having to give that guy a BJ. I was like wow this is on TV and this show is crazy!

Yea I forgot about that.  Then didn't they video it or something?

3 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

Yea I forgot about that.  Then didn't they video it or something?

Not sure but was just crazy. I think it was Jimmy Smits or whoever the captain was. Great show and like I said open many doors for others like BB.

8 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

that wasnt Jimmy Smits.  The Sheild is my favorite show of alltime.  Shane is the best character.  The whole ending is amazing.

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

that wasnt Jimmy Smits.  The Sheild is my favorite show of alltime.  Shane is the best character.  The whole ending is amazing.

Thanks and couldn't remember and agree great show as well.

8 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Thanks and couldn't remember and agree great show as well.

cheers...he looks like Jimmy for sure

12 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

The retarded son was okay

11 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

IF I re watched shows, this would be the one. 

4x here.  Just finished #4 about a week ago. 

The cast of villains and characters in that show is just.... second to none. 

10 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I Need to re watch The Shield again and been awhile. I watched BB twice and was still cool the 2nd time.

I have tried finding the Shield and Netflix and Amazon Prime do not have it.  I think you need to subscribe to Hulu or something.  I already have enough services.  The ending was great though.   Shane really went off the deep end. I read an interview with the shows creator that most dirty cops are caught because they turn on each other and that is how they wanted it to go.  I wanted a sequel movie but it never came.

14 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I thought it was a good show, but not as great as people made it out to be.

In general conservation about the show, I always found it odd by how many felt bad for some of the characters.  I mean, outside of the son, mostly everyone was a dipsh!t and caused their own failures.

Had Game of Thrones ended after Battle of the Bastards, Game of Thrones would've been the best series ever. Sadly, it was ruined and Breaking Bad wins the crown (imo) of best show ever. 

Just started it again from the beginning. Wife has never seen it so I started to rewatch it with her. She seems to like it so far 

16 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Just started it again from the beginning. Wife has never seen it so I started to rewatch it with her. She seems to like it so far 

After watching the first season, I felt like it was good but calling the show the best of all time was way over top. Then it really did get better as it went along for me. And I think they ended it at the right time. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

After watching the first season, I felt like it was good but calling the show the best of all time was way over top. Then it really did get better as it went along for me. And I think they ended it at the right time. 

Nah I don’t think it’s the best of all time. I know guys here think it’s the best but definitely not me

11 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Nah I don’t think it’s the best of all time. I know guys here think it’s the best but definitely not me

I'm enjoying The Mandalorian better.