Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Man facing $200 fine for flying 'Betsy Ross' American flag – but he insists he just wants to ‘honor our history’

$200 a day.

A homeowner is preparing to do battle with his residents' association after it fined him $200 for flying the Betsy Ross flag outside his house.

David Renner annoyed neighbours in Littleton, Colorado, when he hoisted the revolutionary-era standard with its 13 stars and stripes outside his townhouse in the run up to Flag Day.

Slapping him with the fine, the Southbridge Townhomes Association told Mr Renner the only acceptable American flag is the current incarnation, which has 50 stars and 13 stripes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2658850/amp/Man-facing-200-fine-flying-Betsy-Ross-American-flag-insists-just-wants-honor-history.html

Hopefully, it's still legal to burn a flag in front of a courthouse that you just set ablaze.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, fandandy said:

Hopefully, it's still legal to burn a flag in front of a courthouse that you just set ablaze.

What he is doing isn't illegal his neighbor just don't like it and he agreed to live by their rules..

His problem

4 minutes ago, bandrus1 said:

What he is doing isn't illegal his neighbor just don't like it and he agreed to live by their rules..

His problem

The complaint was originally about the flag noise of it waving in the wind and someone whined about it.. Then they realized how stupid that was and brought up some other made up on the spot rules. No focking way I side with the HOA on this.

I think this is done to avoid allowing everyone to fly whatever flag they feel like. I agree, he agreed to live by these rules. 

Why are his neighbors being misogynistic? Just because that flag was designed and created by a woman doesn't make it any less american.

Am I doing that right?

Years ago at my old residence, my HOA did not like the flag I was flying either. I, being the diplomat that I am, met them in the middle. I took the flag down and painted my front door in the pattern of said flag. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I had a HOA, actually a condo board. I liked all their rules. Especially when some a-hole sub let to an African family straight out of the Bush and they were banging their clothes on a line like it was Mozambique. They were quickly 86’d. 

Most HOA's are fine.  Ours has it where you cannot buy a house and rent it out.  Or you can't have ghetto chain-linked fences.   Things like that to keep it from turning ghetto or a trailer park.  There has to be a certain line to me, but to each their own and when you sign the agreement you agree to terms.

We don't have things like saying you can only fly one type of flag or what color you can paint your house or minute things like that. 

Dude's like 2 miles from me.  I may have to drive by and check it out.

7 minutes ago, Strike said:

Dude's like 2 miles from me.  I may have to drive by and check it out.

Post some pics!!

Put a GFIAFP flag in his mailbox

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Post some pics!!

Put a GFIAFP flag in his mailbox

I had no idea they made a "free candy" flag. 

Seriously, hasn't anyone learned there lessons about HOA's yet after ALL these years?  I mean, they're awful.  They're nothing better than mini-Communist states.

Who in their right mind would move into a neighborhood run by an HOA?

19 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Most HOA's are fine.  Ours has it where you cannot buy a house and rent it out.  Or you can't have ghetto chain-linked fences.   Things like that to keep it from turning ghetto or a trailer park.  There has to be a certain line to me, but to each their own and when you sign the agreement you agree to terms.

We don't have things like saying you can only fly one type of flag or what color you can paint your house or minute things like that. 

Sounds like ours, there is some silly stuff I don't like but, it beats living next to renters or seeing a washer on the front porch.