Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Cam Akers..

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

They’re both going around round 10-11 in the average 12 team mock.

The injury narrative is dumb, anyone can get injured. 

But some get injured more than others.  Akers may be one of them.  He’s definitely someone that should probably be “handcuffed” IMO as long as it seems likely that Henderson is actually the guy that will take over the majority of carries if Akers goes down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that anyone can suffer an injury, so drafting a back up running that’s going to be my rb5-6 whom I don’t plan on playing unless there is an injury to the starter on a team that’s going to be very productive he then becomes a pretty good pick. Aka M Davis  

Now by the time the tenth - twelve round comes around I hope to have all my Rbs and WRs slots filled so I won’t need to draft either one of them. 

Now you keep using the comparison to K Hunt, like Lindsay is a player that’s in that category of player, no way is Lindsay as talented of a player as Hunt, so that’s not a good comparison. Plus their ADP reflects that so let’s stop with that comparison. 

And I know that Lindsay is a better talent then Henderson  and that Lindsay does have more stand alone value then Henderson, but I hope that I’m not in a position that I blew my draft at the rb slot that I need to use a back up running with stand alone value like Lindsay who’s going to be playing on one of, and maybe even the worst offense team in the nfl this next season. 

If I have a choice and since I would not need To relies on either one of them to lead my team to victory on a weekly bases, I’ll take the better handcuff who’s on the much better and productive team, and that would be Henderson, and since either one of them would be my 5-6 rb it wouldn’t bother me if they both gathered webs on my bench. Someone has to.  Plus you said Lindsay only competition on the Texans is DJ who’s not going to just fade away, DJ was by avg the 15th best rb in non ppr last season, now he won’t be this season on that team, and a banger like Ingram that would take away short yardage work from the smaller Lindsay, so I’m not so sure how much quality of work on what is going to be a horrible team Lindsay is going to be able to offer, I’m not going to trust him or any Texan player.  

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s the classic ceiling vs floor debate. Guy like Lindsay likely has a higher floor but lower ceiling. It’s not the end of the world to have one or two of those guys on your bench, but I do prefer be higher ceiling candidates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the 11th pick in ppr and Cam is a guy I’m looking at with one of those turn picks potentially. I’m pretty set on Hopkins rnd 2 and I’m not sure if I value Cam in the 1st so we will see. Lot of time left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I have the 11th pick in ppr and Cam is a guy I’m looking at with one of those turn picks potentially.

With the 11th and 14th picks you can probly aim higher than Cam and Hopkins; Aaron Jones and Stefon Diggs could be possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

With the 11th and 14th picks you can probly aim higher than Cam and Hopkins; Aaron Jones and Stefon Diggs could be possible.

I like Hopkins better than Diggs and I’m still waiting on the Rodgers situation to assess any Packers. There’s also the prospect of getting 2 WRs there but I usually like to get at least 1 RB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I like Hopkins better than Diggs and I’m still waiting on the Rodgers situation to assess any Packers. There’s also the prospect of getting 2 WRs there but I usually like to get at least 1 RB.

Well, we know how good Jones is when Rodgers plays; I can only imagine how good he would be if they started giving him a Derrick Henry workload in Rodgers' absence.  So you really can't go wrong with a Jones pick regardless of Rodgers' decision.  In any case, it would be better than being stuck with Cam Akers.

I'm a little curious why you would value Hopkins over Diggs--who doesn't have the kind of competition around him that Hopkins does.

I don't think I'd do a WR/WR stunt in a 12 team league; you'd have to be pretty sure that Carson would still be there at pick 35 to execute the Carson/Davis coup at the 3/4 turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I'm a little curious why you would value Hopkins over Diggs--who doesn't have the kind of competition around him that Hopkins does.

They are very close in every ranking and I just love Hopkins as a player and talent. Diggs season was closer his ceiling imo than Hopkins season which was business as usual. Only WR I have ahead of Hop is Tyreek who on the chiefs with their upgraded Oline could set records this year. 
 

But again, if Rodgers comes out today and says he’s fully committed to Green Bay and wants to win and go pack go, Adams is nothing less than a top 2 WR and maybe even easily the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

But again, if Rodgers comes out today and says he’s fully committed to Green Bay and wants to win and go pack go, Adams is nothing less than a top 2 WR and maybe even easily the top.

Yeah, I would just assume that Adams would be gone before pick 14 in any case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Dillon is going to be a real threat to A Jones for early down work, he’s not going replace Jones as the Packers rb1 , but he’s going to have an expanded roll and much more so then J Williams had while with the Packers.  

Hill/Akers works good for me if I’m drafting mid forst round or later , right now I only see four Rbs worthy of a first round pick. 

I would also Be cautions when it comes to drafting Packers based on Rodgers will soon be the new jeopardy host. 

Would also agree about the Diggs/ Allen combo I see a drop of from last season.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jones has been pretty effective while being efficient. Dhillon may be an upgrade over Williams and have upgraded flex appeal, but he’s not the same level of talent that Jones is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dillon doesn’t need to be as good, he just needs to produce, and at 247 lbs and if he’s learn a lot about playing in the nfl he will.  

Gives the team a different approach to short yardage and goal line work.  I saw  A Jones dropped 2 points per game last season compared to the before mandemic season of 2019.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather have Henderson now and before cause an injury can happen. 

Also saw that Rodgers turn down a contract offer a few more ago, the deva Qb isn’t helping. 

I think he should make his decision to be the new host of jeopardy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Dillon doesn’t need to be as good, he just needs to produce, and at 247 lbs and if he’s learn a lot about playing in the nfl he will.  

Gives the team a different approach to short yardage and goal line work.  I saw  A Jones dropped 2 points per game last season compared to the before mandemic season of 2019.  

 

I'm to lazy to look it up but didn't Jones big 2019 season come at the expense of D. Adams injuries?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2021 at 6:23 AM, TimHauck said:

But some get injured more than others.  Akers may be one of them.  He’s definitely someone that should probably be “handcuffed” IMO as long as it seems likely that Henderson is actually the guy that will take over the majority of carries if Akers goes down.

I blame you for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I blame you for this.

LOL.  I figured he'd last a couple games at least!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

I'm to lazy to look it up but didn't Jones big 2019 season come at the expense of D. Adams injuries?

Adams missed four games that season, but based solely on avg per game points , it was his worst for the past three seasons.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said it on here earlier and I’ll reiterate. Darrell Henderson is not that good. I’ll assume the Rams will bring someone in to share with him. Maybe kick the tires on an old vet like Gurley or Le’Veon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think they need to bring in a back up for Henderson. 

He’ll produce solely based on the team he’s on and Henderson is good enough.  

I don’t see Gurley retuning , I think it’ll be Peterson.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2021 at 10:55 AM, LoOnAtIk said:

I said it on here earlier and I’ll reiterate. Darrell Henderson is not that good. I’ll assume the Rams will bring someone in to share with him. Maybe kick the tires on an old vet like Gurley or Le’Veon. 

I agree. He looks to me like a guy that’s mediocre. Maybe slightly better but not much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I agree. He looks to me like a guy that’s mediocre. Maybe slightly better but not much 

I'll be keeping my eye on Xavier Jones in camp. He seems to be the best homerun threat of what is left on the roster if they don't sign anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I traded Jamaal Williams for Xavier Jones after missing on waivers.  I figure the Detroit offense is going to be pretty bad, but I also liked Xavier Jones a lot even last year.  I actually drafted him in my dynasty rookie draft, but had to cut him for roster space.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, nobody said:

I traded Jamaal Williams for Xavier Jones after missing on waivers.

OUCH!

What are you going to do for an encore, trade Raheem Mostert for Giovani Bernard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You wouldn't understand.  You're a numbers guy.  I watch football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, nobody said:

You wouldn't understand.  You're a numbers guy.  I watch football.

Great, but fantasy football is a numbers game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You play the numbers.  I play the man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would rather have the Rams back up over the Lions back up, Henderson still has to prove that he can carry the load, and stay healthy, and the next man up for the Rams is in a better situation playing on a much better and more productive team. N

Swift as more talent then Henderson so he’ll be the Lions rb1, Henderson I’m not so sure e can handle that job for the entire season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nobody said:

I play the man

I think we have a new leader in the clubhouse for dumbest comment posted this pre-season…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, nobody said:

You play the numbers.  I play the man. 

I win the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are only about the analytics.  You have to consider the Manalytics.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nobody said:

You have to consider the Manalytics.

How many points do you get in your league for those?

In my leagues, I only have to consider yards, receptions, and TDs (and the occasional fumble or 2 pt coversion).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Henderson’s ADP is simply ridiculous, and now it’s been reported by a reporter they see it being a RBBC, I wish this news would have waited, so an owner in my league would have over paid for him. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×