Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

NYC Mayoral Primary

They are using a rankings system having a preference ranking of up to 5 candidates.

Yang gets 12% distant 4th.  Concedes.

Adams with a 10pt lead but will not be official for a bit because of this goofy ranking system.

Adams, a former captain in the New York City Police Department and the current Brooklyn borough president, was considered the frontrunner heading into the primary vote, according to an average of recent polls. He has pledged to lead a crackdown on gun violence and reform law enforcement tactics even as he rejected calls among some contenders to "defund" the police.

If you want to ban guns from law-abiding citizens and handcuff the cops, I suppose the only option is to wall off the city and turn it into a huge prison.

35 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

If you want to ban guns from law-abiding citizens and handcuff the cops, I suppose the only option is to wall off the city and turn it into a huge prison.

• Like 1

So if a raging liberal haven like NYC elects a former captain of the NYPD as mayor....what does that say? 

That even liberal voters don't think police are at fault nor want to defund the police? That the Dem officials they elect coupled with the extremely liberal media are pushing an agenda even its voters do not want?  Trying to stir the pot and divide people?  Creating less safe cities that theit voters have to live in?

Process that a bit.  

Honestly I think most normal adults are conservative but they are confused,  brainwashed, or shamed into pulling the Dem lever.

• Thanks 2

800k out of 8 million people in NYC voted. NYC is suppressing the vote I guess. 

• Haha 1

As I understand it, if you want to see New York try to recover and turn the corner to becoming a great city again, your best option was the black police captain, Adams. On the other hand if you want to see it contine to crash and burn into an copless, post-apocalpse, IGotWorms wet dream hellscape, your candidate is the black lady, Wiley.

Eric Adams was no cop. He was an employee of the police department with a gun and shield. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Eric Adams was no cop. He was an employee of the police department with a gun and shield. 

Uh oh.

Well, I always loved Curtis Silwa from when I watched the Morton Downey Jr. show back in the day. 

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Uh oh.

Well, I always loved Curtis Silwa from when I watched the Morton Downey Jr. show back in the day. 

Curtis Sliwa patrolled the subways more than Eric Adams did while he was a transit cop. 

Eric Adams claim to fame while in the NYPD was fighting alleged racism, not crime. He was the leader of the guardians, the black fraternal organization in the NYPD.  A bigger bunch of do nothings would be hard to find. All of the leaders of that group were tucked away in cushy spots and gave a press conference once in a while to claim some outrage. Mostly ignored. Even by most black cops. 

I hadn't paid much attention. I'll take your word for it. You're a good judge of character and know exponentially more than I do.. The best thing Eric Adams had going for him in my eyes was the NYT dumping on him. They say he was the tough on crime candiidate, so gimme some of that. Andrew Yang struck me as one of the few decent Dem candidates for president, so I thought that he could be a good choice. 

Guiliani 2.0 didn't appear on the ballot.

Just now, Voltaire said:

I hadn't paid much attention. I'll take your word for it. You're a good judge of character and know exponentially more than I do.. The best thing Eric Adams had going for him in my eyes was the NYT dumping on him. They say he was the tough on crime candiidate, so gimme some of that. Andrew Yang struck me as one of the few decent Dem candidates for president, so I thought that he could be a good choice. 

Guiliani 2.0 didn't appear on the ballot.

Here’s how I see it: He knows why he won. Watching people get assaulted for no reason for a year and shootings go through the roof affects people.  He knows he needs to stop this, or he’s out. The problem is he’s going to appoint diversity candidates to run the thing. Lots of talent of all stripes in that department, but it most likely won’t be utilized. The blueprint, Guilliani, is there. He’s not going to follow it though. He can’t. The bail reform, cops backing off and the hard core leftist having such a big presence in the city didn’t exist in 1993. We have anti police DA’s running things now in Manhattan, The Bronx Brooklyn and Queens. But he was the best of a bad bunch. I hope he gets it done. I don’t think he can. 

56 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

So if a raging liberal haven like NYC elects a former captain of the NYPD as mayor....what does that say? 

That even liberal voters don't think police are at fault nor want to defund the police? That the Dem officials they elect coupled with the extremely liberal media are pushing an agenda even its voters do not want?  Trying to stir the pot and divide people?  Creating less safe cities that theit voters have to live in?

Process that a bit.  

Honestly I think most normal adults are conservative but they are confused,  brainwashed, or shamed into pulling the Dem lever.

I think a lot of people feel like they got bait and switched. They were ok with liberalism as presented (gay marriage and such) but not ok with what has happened since. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I think a lot of people feel like they got bait and switched. They were ok with liberalism as presented (gay marriage and such) but not ok with what has happened since. 

Whack job liberalism goes like this, every time.  

1. Make fun of people who say its happening

2. Deny that its happening

3. Admit that it's happening, but claim it's not a problem.

4. Defend it.

As you can see, libs get suckered, but by the time they wake up they are forced to defend it rather than admit they got suckered, again. 

If that Guardian Angel dude gets elected will he still wear that jaunty beret at press conferences? 

4 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

They are using a rankings system having a preference ranking of up to 5 candidates.

I wish they would do this for all elections.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lol I love this act :doublethumbsup:

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Lol I love this act :doublethumbsup:

Obsessed. Poor little chode

These terdlets are pathetic. One says 'I'm gonna be tough on crime, the other terds find out that boosted his numbers so they come out with the same BS.

7 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Its easy to fix.  Reform the media.  We have freedom of the press, but argue that the democrat party has effectively taken control of the media to such a large degree that freedom of the press no longer exists.  To defend freedom of the press, we have to break up the current model.  If the Supreme Court disagrees, pack the court until you get it right.

7 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Its easy to fix.  Reform the media.  We have freedom of the press, but argue that the democrat party has effectively taken control of the media to such a large degree that freedom of the press no longer exists.  To defend freedom of the press, we have to break up the current model.  If the Supreme Court disagrees, pack the court until you get it right.

You should look into what freedom of press means.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mungwater said:

You should look into what freedom of press means.

And packing the court.

I notice how the New York mayoral race vote talley changing all the time and they find that 100K fake votes laying around and entering the system as the real results were tallied and they shut down the system. Sounds about as secure and full of integrity as the last election. I don't have a vested interest in who wins. Not my city. I don't want any part of it. New York, New York.  All  I know is that huge inflluxes of fake ballots are normal and that everyone should rest assured that the winner will be fully legitimate and there willbe no errors in the process, lit'll be clear as snow, ike the Iowa Caucuses in January of last year and November 3rd.

How does Volty know so much about NY Mayoral race from Chiner ? I can see if you were talking about your old town / city and not NYC

3 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

How does Volty know so much about NY Mayoral race from Chiner ? I can see if you were talking about your old town / city and not NYC

It’s national news. 

7 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

Although Morton Downey Jr is long dead, and Its neither Portland nor Minneapolis, Bill DiBlasio and his daughter still make the place interesting. Times Square is now comparable to the movie I am Legend. That's quite an acomplishment. I'll miss him. 

I think it's a nice touch how despite the NYC police department being understaffed, DiBlasio still saw fit to pull two dozen of them from neighborhood patrols to guard his Black Lives Matter street graffiti, and Bevelyn Beatty doesn't care and desecrates it regularly.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s national news. 

He knows more about it then I do. Must be worldwide news. 

5 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I notice how the New York mayoral race vote talley changing all the time and they find that 100K fake votes laying around and entering the system as the real results were tallied and they shut down the system. Sounds about as secure and full of integrity as the last election. I don't have a vested interest in who wins. Not my city. I don't want any part of it. New York, New York.  All  I know is that huge inflluxes of fake ballots are normal and that everyone should rest assured that the winner will be fully legitimate and there willbe no errors in the process, lit'll be clear as snow, ike the Iowa Caucuses in January of last year and November 3rd.

You notice how they attacked Adam’s immediately for being trumpian

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

You notice how they attacked Adam’s immediately for being trumpian

They have to fortify the results.

12 hours ago, Mike Isles said:

He makes a lot of assumptions about a country he hasn’t lived in for decades. All informed by right wing sources too

31 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

He makes a lot of assumptions about a country he hasn’t lived in for decades. All informed by right wing sources too

I think you are just the type of guy who could win a mayoral race in new york city.