Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Only 6% of U.S. retail businesses are black owned

By the way kiddos, group that has the highest percentage of small businesses? Immigrants.

Back in the day, it was veterans. Now it's immigrants.

So tell me how some first generation Honduran can come in and open up a successful chain of restaurants with nothing but the clothes on their back. But a culture that it's enjoyed years, generations of welfare, affirmative action coming and social programs and every possible break you can imagine still struggling? At a certain point, take some ownership.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Physical tools are not much different than mental and emotional tools.  People are born with all sorts of traits, and different races of people seem to regress to the mean of that particular race when you look at a large sample size.

It's is socially acceptable to say that black people, on average can run and jump faster and higher than Whites / Asians / Indians.

However it is racist to say the opposite is true of any other human trait one is born with.

Why is that?

Feelings, political opportunism 

12 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

By the way kiddos, group that has the highest percentage of small businesses? Immigrants.

So tell me how some first generation Honduran can come in and open up a successful chain of restaurants with nothing but the clothes on their back. But a culture that it's enjoyed years, generations of welfare, affirmative action coming and social programs and every possible break you can imagine still struggling? At a certain point, take some ownership.

Grants. 

First gen immigrants are given grants to start a business. That capital is huge. 

Their work ethic and desire for success takes care of the rest. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Laundromats, Convenience Stores, Restaurants all notorious for immigrant small businesses.  Some don't speak the English language most times, but somehow do it.

Riddle us that Gutter.  

I'm doing my part as an anti-racist.  I made a conscious effort NOT to own a business in order to give the brothas a chance. ✊🏾

9 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Grant was Races! 😠

:lol:

I expanded on my post. 

I like Thai food, but I have to admit I’m really only getting pad Thai and some appetizers. Any recommendations for other stuff? 

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

Oh my bad, everything between whites and blacks is completely fair, forgot that.

In 2021 America it is.  :thumbsup:

I mean, you DO realize that it's not the 1830's anymore, right?

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Gutter seems to be advocating “equity” (equal outcomes) vs. “equality” (equal opportunities).  This is the crux of the difference between leftist and rightist ideas on improving the situation for black Americans. 

Unfortunately, equity often requires putting your thumb on the scale to get the desired outcome.

This.  It started a couple years ago to anyone paying attention.  Equality was supplanted by Equity.  

Martin Luther King was supplanted by Malcom X 

It's no longer about equal access or judging a person on the content of their character (not the color of their skin)  it's all about race, the color of your skin means more than the content of your character.  It's everything. 

22 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This.  It started a couple years ago to anyone paying attention.  Equality was supplanted by Equity.  

It's no longer about equal access or judging a person on the content of their character (not the color of their skin)  it's all about race, the color of your skin means more than the content of your character.  It's everything. 

It’s all a game. A sick game  They know equality of opportunity has been achieved. They also know equity will never be achieved for everyone. But the pursuit of equity will keep many in your camp. 

31 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

So you are saying that if everything was equal and level that only 13% of the NFL or NBA would be black?  That the water would eventually level to the demographic %?  

Or could it be that other factors are vastly more important than simple "equal access".  

Chicago alone...

Year to Date
Shot & Killed: 357
Shot & Wounded: 1743
Total Shot: 2100
Total Homicides: 380

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

Its not really about black lives.  Its about total power.

/all race and political threads

34 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

So you are saying that if everything was equal and level that only 13% of the NFL or NBA would be black?  That the water would eventually level to the demographic %?  

Or could it be that other factors are vastly more important than simple "equal access".  

No we've already gone over this.  There are physical traits that allow someone to play in the NFL or not.  I cannot play in the NFL, it impossible.  I can open a small business, just like anyone.

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

It doesn't need to be but it should be.

So you're about guaranteeing outcomes?

28 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Physical tools are not much different than mental and emotional tools.  People are born with all sorts of traits, and different races of people seem to regress to the mean of that particular race when you look at a large sample size.

It's is socially acceptable to say that black people, on average can run and jump faster and higher than Whites / Asians / Indians.

However it is racist to say the opposite is true of any other human trait one is born with.

Why is that?

Because science says so.

27 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Blacks are lazy?

25 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Laundromats, Convenience Stores, Restaurants all notorious for immigrant small businesses.  Some don't speak the English language most times, but somehow do it.

Riddle us that Gutter.  

Blacks are lazy?

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So you're about guaranteeing outcomes?

no, that's communism

Just now, GutterBoy said:

No we've already gone over this.  There are physical traits that allow someone to play in the NFL or not.  I cannot play in the NFL, it impossible.  I can open a small business, just like anyone.

Like people's intelligence and aversion to taking part in crime, and following a common sense lifestyle?

We definitely need to start a campaign to get more white people to open their own dunkin donuts stores. :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

You seem to be unfamiliar with the history and writings of MLK or Malcolm X. Just parroting the same famous quote of MLK over and over. Yes, he had a dream… but he also said a lot of practical things about the reality black people were living.

Read his last speech before he was killed. Telling black people to boycott businesses if they didn’t hire enough black workers. Telling them to take their money out of white banks and put it into banks run by black people. Talking about how white people ignored the reasons black people were marching and instead complained about broken windows.

Invoking MLK’s name and saying he would support your opinion on this matter… sorry, his own writings say otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Like people's intelligence and aversion to taking part in crime, and following a common sense lifestyle?

So you're saying blacks are not as smart as whites?

no, that's communism

You're message is mixed.  First you say ypu want equal opportunity. Then you say businesses "should" be equally owned by race.  That trying to guarantee an outcome regardless of what resources have to be dumped into creating that equity.  I guess your a commy.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

I think you are saying that. Otherwise why wouldn't they be opening more businesses like white people do?

Everything the left pretends to do for blacks is really telling them they are too stupid to take care of themselves. 

End of story.

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

You're message is mixed.  First you say ypu want equal opportunity. Then you say businesses "should" be equally owned by race.  That trying to guarantee an outcome regardless of what resources have to be dumped into creating that equity.  I guess your a commy.

I want equal opportunity.  With equal opportunity, then equal outcomes should result, that basic common sense, somewhat equal, of course there are other factors.  I do not believe in guaranteed outcomes, that's communism

11 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Not sure.  Probably because it’s taboo to even broach the subject let alone deep dive. :dunno:

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I think you are saying that. Otherwise why wouldn't they be opening more businesses like white people do?

Everything the left pretends to do for blacks is really telling them they are too stupid to take care of themselves. 

End of story.

I'm saying they don't have the same opportunity.  I am saying that is the difference.  You are saying opportunity is the same, then you tell me, why the gap?

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Not sure.  Probably because it’s taboo to even broach the subject let alone deep dive. :dunno:

At least have the balls to admit it, poosay

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm saying they don't have the same opportunity.  I am saying that is the difference.  You are saying opportunity is the same, then you tell me, why the gap?

Freedom to make our own choices.

5 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Freedom to make our own choices.

Blacks simply choose not to open their own businesses? Why?

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

No I don't want every black person to own a business, dummy.

I'm saying the demographics of businesses should be roughly the same as population.  That's just common sense.

This is  actually the opposite of common sense.  

Literally anyone in the U.S. can start a biz at anytime.  

Skin color is not a barrier to opening a retail store.  

Just now, vuduchile said:

This is  actually the opposite of common sense.  

Literally anyone in the U.S. can start a biz at anytime.  

Skin color is not a barrier to opening a retail store.  

Exactly.  So then why are the numbers so different by skin color?

3 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

I want equal opportunity. Of course, duh.  With equal opportunity, then equal outcomes should result, that basic common sense, somewhat equal, of course there are other factors.  I do not believe in guaranteed outcomes, that's communism

Why do you say "should"?  Human beings, homo-sapiens are not a math equation, this isn't Algebra where both sides of the = sign have to be the same.  This isn't accounting where debits must equal credits.  Women and Men are different.  Both physically and emotionally (science).  And guess what?  That is okay!  Our differences is whats makes us better in the collective.  

On a different scale , but none the less, races and creeds over time have developed differences (on average) for whatever reason. That is okay too.

You are doing some math equation where all the variables are the same.  Well, Gutterboy.....I hate to break this biology bomb on you but we are not all the same....the variables in your equation are in fact..... different.  And that is fine too.  

However to even mention it as if all people are not some cookie cutter exact same is MUH RACISSS!@#!

• Thanks 2

Blacks simply choose not to open their own businesses? Why?

Why doesn’t everyone open their own business?

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Grants. 

First gen immigrants are given grants to start a business. That capital is huge. 

Their work ethic and desire for success takes care of the rest. 

I never got a grant, and I’ve opened 2 retail stores.  

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Because nothing out in public is going to not have a gap. Why care about the gaps unless a force is keeping people from what they might want to do for a living?

I've never been.in a dunkin donuts not run bye indians.

I've been on projects on my job where I was the only white guy on the team I was on. Asians and Indians filling up roles in corporate system solution implementations.

Just let people do what they want to legally do. If they are lazy, then that defines the person. Same for all races.

3 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Our differences is whats makes us better in the collective.  

No, it doesn't.

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Exactly.  So then why are the numbers so different by skin color?

I don’t know and I don’t care.  

As a brick and mortar retailer, I want to see all empty retail spaces in my area filled with thriving stores.  

I’m not the least bit concerned about the skin color of the owners.  

• Like 1