Sign in to follow this  
Herbivore

Could you?

Kind of a sperm off from edjr's NKOTB fanboyness.   Can't remember how this conversation went, but I ended up saying there was no way I could be in a Boy Band.  They were like, for all that money and tail, sure you would.  I don't think I could ever pull it off.  

Could you?

Just now, Herbivore said:

Kind of a sperm off from edjr's NKOTB fanboyness.   Can't remember how this conversation went, but I ended up saying there was no way I could be in a Boy Band.  They were like, for all that money and tail, sure you would.  I don't think I could ever pull it off.  

Could you?

Absofockinglutely.

Be a multi millionaire by 25 and all the high end poon you could ever want? But you have to look like a focking tvvwat?

Or sit in a cubicle for 50 focking years...

Tough call. 🙄

And hey, some of those guys escaped and became legit, well respected guys (Wahlberg, Timberlake)

Nope.  I would hate performing in front of a large group of people, I don't like being surrounded by large groups of people and I like my privacy.  I'm sure I could try and get use to it for the money but I don't think it's worth it.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Nope.  I would hate performing in front of a large group of people, I don't like being surrounded by large groups of people and I like my privacy.  I'm sure I could try and get use to it for the money but I don't think it's worth it.

Oh I'd hate it. But then, I hate pretty much all of the things I've done for money, so...

most internet forum regulars are very introverted.  having to publicly perform, meet new people constantly, etc would drive many to drown in boose, overdose on drugs, or kill themselves.

23 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I can't sing, dance, nor am I good looking, but sure. Sign me up.

maybe if I could sing, I could pull off all the dopey faces they make

6 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

most internet forum regulars are very introverted.  having to publicly perform, meet new people constantly, etc would drive many to drown in boose, overdose on drugs, or kill themselves.

I think you'd have to basically have a complete fake separate persona. Which can drive you mad I imagine.

Obviously a whole different magnitude of scale, but as a youth, I was painfully shy. Terribly introverted. Speaking in front of people terrified me.

I started doing trial competition in high school. I only made the team because I was really really good at the technical aspects of it, I was a horrible public speaker.

Over years and years, I just got over it. I'll never be a great speaker... I just don't have that flair. But I'm more than competent. I've been speaking in courtrooms and classrooms every day for 20 years now, and while the fear never really goes away, you just... get used to it. I still feel that tingle of fear every time I stand in front of people, even Chinese 8 year olds.

It always amazes me... people who know me very well, my sister, my wife, my best friends, often say they marvel at my confidence. It's an act mostly, just one I've gotten more or less comfortable with.

I could have done it back in my yoof.  I'm not a great singer but I'm very musical, I can follow a beat, and I've performed a lot so I don't mind the spotlights.  In my career I loved presenting in front of groups, the larger the better.  And going into my early twenties I had a healthy disrespect for women.  :thumbsup:  

I was never that into drugs but I've drunk plenty in my life, so I would have had the substance abuse covered as well.

• Sad 1

Not in my personality or skill set, but if it was, he11 yeah!  Trying to think of the downside besides old farts not liking me. 

47 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I think you'd have to basically have a complete fake separate persona. Which can drive you mad I imagine.

Obviously a whole different magnitude of scale, but as a youth, I was painfully shy. Terribly introverted. Speaking in front of people terrified me.

I started doing trial competition in high school. I only made the team because I was really really good at the technical aspects of it, I was a horrible public speaker.

Over years and years, I just got over it. I'll never be a great speaker... I just don't have that flair. But I'm more than competent. I've been speaking in courtrooms and classrooms every day for 20 years now, and while the fear never really goes away, you just... get used to it. I still feel that tingle of fear every time I stand in front of people, even Chinese 8 year olds.

It always amazes me... people who know me very well, my sister, my wife, my best friends, often say they marvel at my confidence. It's an act mostly, just one I've gotten more or less comfortable with.

being extroverted isnt about speaking skills.  its about a genuine love of the company of other people.  you can be really quiet but very extroverted.  some people can talk a lot but they just hate everyone.

On 8/10/2021 at 9:07 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

And hey, some of those guys escaped and became legit, well respected guys (Wahlberg, Timberlake)

Harry Styles, too. Has tagged some grade A stuff, and has well over a billion spins on Spotify on one song, with two more of his songs approaching that level. 

On 8/10/2021 at 10:30 AM, JustinCharge said:

How many is many?

On 8/10/2021 at 11:04 AM, jerryskids said:

I could have done it back in my yoof.  I'm not a great singer but I'm very musical, I can follow a beat, and I've performed a lot so I don't mind the spotlights.  In my career I loved presenting in front of groups, the larger the better.  And going into my early twenties I had a healthy disrespect for women.  :thumbsup:  

I was never that into drugs but I've drunk plenty in my life, so I would have had the substance abuse covered as well.

Skin flute?

On 8/10/2021 at 10:30 AM, JustinCharge said:

I am a DJ and I bartend. I am the anti-introvert

3 hours ago, edjr said:

I am a DJ and I bartend. I am the anti-introvert

You can bartend and DJ and be an introvert.  You'd probably develop several disturbing habits to cope if you keep doing it tho.

Let's see - could I be in a boy band, could I stand to make millions, could I stand to have thousands and thousands of hot girls wanting to fock me? 

Hum...................................................🤔

HELL YES! 

Rented a limousine for a girlfriends birthday party back in the day.  Got to talk to the driver whilst waiting for the chubs to get ready.  Me: What’s the most famous person you’ve driven?  LDQ: New Kids On The Block a few days ago after the show. They all b!tched and yelled at each other the entire time A bunch of children.   Me: Figures. That’s why I call them New Kids On My Cack. 

On 8/10/2021 at 10:08 PM, MTSkiBum said:

I can't sing, dance, nor am I good looking, but sure. Sign me up.

Most “artists” now can't sing. We can autotune you.

I'm sure with professional choreographers and 8 hours a day of practice, you can master the necessary pelvic thrusts in no time.

Plastic surgery. We can have you looking like a 19 year old Korean in no time. 

12 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

You can bartend and DJ and be an introvert.  You'd probably develop several disturbing habits to cope if you keep doing it tho.

I drink when I DJ, because dealing with drunk idiots talking to you and telling you how to do your job is hard when sober and drinking is way more fun. I don't drink when I bartend till the shift is over.

14 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Let's see - could I be in a boy band, could I stand to make millions, could I stand to have thousands and thousands of hot girls wanting to fock me? 

Hum...................................................🤔

HELL YES! 

I would like the money and the tail, but could I pull it off.  Could I sincerely dance around the stage with the proper pelvic thrusts, do the doe eyed prayer hands stance, patting my heart while I holding out the one finger for that one girl that owns my heart.  no way.

12 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I would like the money and the tail, but could I pull it off.  Could I sincerely dance around the stage with the proper pelvic thrusts, do the doe eyed prayer hands stance, patting my heart while I holding out the one finger for that one girl that owns my heart.  no way.

Numerous videos exist of me singing children's songs to groups of Chinese 8 year Olds. Sometimes I even wear funny hats.

I sold my dignity long ago quite cheaply. I'd happily be in a boy band. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

When you're 60, still at the grind, looking at at the young/hot young girls walking by...............hope your "cool" was worth it. 

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

When you're 60, still at the grind, looking at at the young/hot young girls walking by...............hope your "cool" was worth it. 

ehh, software sales full work from home, the grind aint too bad.  I am not even looking down on it.  

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I mentioned this in my meltdown thread last week...

But one of the greatest gifts I have ever received was, when my life became a smoking skid mark, I lost any shred of giving a fock what anyone else thinks of me or anything I do. It really is a nice thing. I highly recommend it.

I'd dance naked to “my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard” on the fifty yard line of the Super Bowl for $100k tax free, and not give the slightest of focks. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

ehh, software sales full work from home, the grind aint too bad.  I am not even looking down on it.  

Hey the glam, travel, lights and sizzle isn't for everyone.. My bro'n law got voted "Most Quiet" our Sr. year - he avoids attention at every chance, still. 

I'm a very outgoing, very personable soul - acting like a goof in front of people is 2nd nature, to get paid and live like an idol doing it? Oh yea, I'm def in. 

Just now, Cruzer said:

Hey the glam, travel, lights and sizzle isn't for everyone.. My bro'n law got voted "Most Quiet" our Sr. year - he avoids attention at every chance, still. 

I'm a very outgoing, very personable soul - acting like a goof in front of people is 2nd nature, to get paid and live like an idol doing it? Oh yea, I'm def in. 

Yeah. Travel the world first class, all the drugs and poon you could shake a stick at, money out the ass, and all I have to do is make an ass of myself, which I do for free anyway?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Numerous videos exist of me singing children's songs to groups of Chinese 8 year Olds. Sometimes I even wear funny hats.

I sold my dignity long ago quite cheaply. I'd happily be in a boy band. 

Do you also do the slanty-eye move with your fingers in order to better connect with your audience?

Just now, DonS said:

Do you also do the slanty-eye move with your fingers in order to better connect with your audience?

I don't... but my Asian best friend does. Its hilarious...

The funniest thing I've pulled here?

A public school I worked at played music over the loudspeaker every day when the kids came home from nap time... being the only foreigner, they asked me to bring in some English songs...

Happy to oblige, I did. The playlist included ”Turning Japanese” by the vapors, “Kung fu fighting” by Carl Douglas, “The Futures So Bright, I gotta wear shades” by Dire straits, and “Born in the USA” by Springsteen (you know, the went to Vietnam, learned how to kill the yellow man part).

Since nobody else there spoke English worth a fock, they didn't notice. But one day, my British boss came to evaluate me, and I told him to listen. He about pissed himself laughing. The best part is, during “Kung Fu Fighting,” the kids would all Kung fu each other. I have video somewhere. 

10 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I don't... but my Asian best friend does. Its hilarious...

The funniest thing I've pulled here?

A public school I worked at played music over the loudspeaker every day when the kids came home from nap time... being the only foreigner, they asked me to bring in some English songs...

Happy to oblige, I did. The playlist included ”Turning Japanese” by the vapors, “Kung fu fighting” by Carl Douglas, “The Futures So Bright, I gotta wear shades” by Dire straits, and “Born in the USA” by Springsteen (you know, the went to Vietnam, learned how to kill the yellow man part).

Since nobody else there spoke English worth a fock, they didn't notice. But one day, my British boss came to evaluate me, and I told him to listen. He about pissed himself laughing. The best part is, during “Kung Fu Fighting,” the kids would all Kung fu each other. I have video somewhere. 

That's crassic! 

Maybe you could toss in "Not Now John" as well?  It's about the Japanese but close enough. 

Just now, DonS said:

That's crassic! 

Maybe you could toss in "Not Now John" as well?  It's about the Japanese but close enough. 

I don't work there anymore. That school has since been bulldozed. I wonder if they moved my playlist to the new building. I like to think some foreigner is laughing to this day.