Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

SCOTUS lets Texas abortion law stand

3 minutes ago, Bishop82 said:

Can we take a minute to appreciate RBG?  Because her old ass refused to retire we got here.

🤣   I know.....right.....

52 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

That solves nothing except the moral feeling that your tax dollars pay to end a human life   The cost of the procedure is mice nuts in comparison to the cost of a welfare baby on society 

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.  It's about the government not needing to spend money on something that people can pay for themselves.  It's about the government being involved in less things that should have nothing to do with the government.  Any time that the government can be removed from the equation is the action that should ALWAYS be looked at as the preferred option.

Can you imagine being the type of person who fights for wanting mothers to have the option to kill their kids because those mothers focked up in life? Kill someone so they don't have to be responsible for their actions. 

But they also demand you take a chinese flu shot... :blink:

My opinion: let them have the freedom to have abortions. Do I support abortions? No, only in special circumstances such as it’s a threat to the mother’s health. But I believe if they want to get one then let them. They’re the ones who have to live with themselves. Not me. That being said, it shouldn’t be free for them AT ALL. If they get pregnant and want an abortion then they should have to pay out of pocket for it. No freebies. You got yourself into that mess, you get yourself out of it. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

My opinion: let them have the freedom to have abortions. Do I support abortions? No, only in special circumstances such as it’s a threat to the mother’s health. But I believe if they want to get one then let them. They’re the ones who have to live with themselves. Not me. That being said, it shouldn’t be free for them AT ALL. If they get pregnant and want an abortion then they should have to pay out of pocket for it. No freebies. You got yourself into that mess, you get yourself out of it. 

Yeah, not that hard.

If allowed to kill the kid, then it should be allowed to kill the parents of the kid that liked the fock, but don't like responsibility. 

I could go for that. 

• Thanks 1

Why are most of the people who are against abortion people you wouldn’t want to fock anyway?

- George Carlin 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, MDC said:

Why are most of the people who are against abortion people you wouldn’t want to fock anyway?

- George Carlin 

:blink:  The vast majority are people married with kids.

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

- George Carlin 

You were saying???

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

- George Carlin 

I guess Carlin was really into black teenage ghetto kids and old white radical left politicians and movie idiots. Who knew? :dunno:

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I guess Carlin was really into black teenage ghetto kids and old white radical left politicians and movie idiots. Who knew? :dunno:

George Carlin was funny and beloved by everyone - your complete opposite. :thumbsup: 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Carlin was beloved by everyone - your complete opposite. :thumbsup: 

Keep trying fat boy. Go let the wifey out of the barn so she can graze for a while.

🐮 Mooo.....

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Keep trying fat boy. Go let the wifey out of the barn so she can graze for a while.

🐮 Mooo.....

You forgot the sad face emoji. 😞 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

That's always been one of the key issues. I remember the annual United Way meetings at work.  People would say that they didn't want to donate to an organization that supported/funded abortion. The UW rep would say that you can choose to designate exactly where your dollars go. BS

I never donated another dime.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

You forgot the sad face emoji. 😞 

That's your style every morning at 5 am. You must spend a half hour a day looking up all my posts. :lol:

1 minute ago, easilyscan said:

That's always been one of the key issues. I remember the annual United Way meetings at work.  People would say that they didn't want to donate to an organization that supported/funded abortion. The UW rep would say that you can choose to designate exactly where your dollars go. BS

I refuse to donate to most charities. 99% of the time your money just goes to people at top. VERY small amount will actually go to who they’re saying is going to get it when in reality it’s just money for a big bonus for the CEO

2 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

I never donate to anyone if I am not 100% sure where the money is going.

I prefer doing charity work because it's all right there in front of me. 

yup exactly as i envisioned the protesters :lol:. dyed hair and coordinated dances. a band of misfits. talk about people you wouldn't want to fock!!! is every gathering on the left a group of mental cases??? all masked up outdoors :lol: abortion is sacred???? freaks

bans off of bodies...but next stop is protest against those that won't get vaccinated :wacko:

30 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

That's your style every morning at 5 am. You must spend a half hour a day looking up all my posts. :lol:

There it is - nice job with the emoji. Loser. :( 

• Sad 1

While I’m pro-choice, I still think there should  be a limit for how far into the pregnancy you can abort. 6 weeks is too soon. Some people don’t even know they’re pregnant until after 6 weeks. 

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with it.  It's about the government not needing to spend money on something that people can pay for themselves.  It's about the government being involved in less things that should have nothing to do with the government.  Any time that the government can be removed from the equation is the action that should ALWAYS be looked at as the preferred option.

You said that this was the solution, and that it was easy.  What is it that this solves exactly?  Other than saving $250 or whatever an abortion runs these days.  This guarantees that the resultant decrease in abortions is virtually exclusive to the poorest people, since they couldn't come up with $250 (and no charities would fund them).  They will cost many fold in welfare, health care, criminal system, etc.

IMO we need to think outside of the box, looking at the same things I've mentioned in discussions about how we address the problem with inner city poor -- personal responsibility, family structure, commitment to education.  

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You said that this was the solution, and that it was easy.  What is it that this solves exactly?  Other than saving $250 or whatever an abortion runs these days.  This guarantees that the resultant decrease in abortions is virtually exclusive to the poorest people, since they couldn't come up with $250 (and no charities would fund them).  They will cost many fold in welfare, health care, criminal system, etc.

IMO we need to think outside of the box, looking at the same things I've mentioned in discussions about how we address the problem with inner city poor -- personal responsibility, family structure, commitment to education.  

It's well proven the inner city poor don't want that.

People have to decide for themselves what they want and commit to.

1 hour ago, avoiding injuries said:

While I’m pro-choice, I still think there should  be a limit for how far into the pregnancy you can abort. 6 weeks is too soon. Some people don’t even know they’re pregnant until after 6 weeks. 

Wife and I discussed this and agree.  Typically the gestational clock starts on the date of a woman's last period.  If her next period is say 2 weeks late, which is common for many women, that's six weeks elapsed.  Do tests even work that early?  :dunno: 

On 9/1/2021 at 4:58 PM, wiffleball said:

They're not babies. They're blastocyst. Your GD toenail clippings have more cells than most of these so-called abortions.

Well you're wrong.

• Thanks 1

Weird all my liberal friends have something to say about this, but nothing else about the last 8 months.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Cruzer said:

I'm continually shocked, astonished actually, at the ongoing fake outrage over abortions by the Right. 

The same sector that biitches-cries-complains about welfare, gov't assistance, tax dollars going to waste are the same ones beating the drum to save babies. I'm like really, no like really really? As soon as these fetuses pop out and hit the ground as humans - you couldn't care less about them if you tried. They act as if these abortions were coming from college educated, well-to-do republican households. 

To the crowd that calls inner city kids and kids of color animals, I'd think they'd welcome all the abortions they can get. 

Most Republicans don't feel the way the liberal agenda makes you think they feel.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

Most Republicans don't feel the way the liberal agenda makes you think they feel.

What do republicans think? I'm very far right so when I talk to Republicans they are too liberal for me.

• Confused 1

There are three things I hate about this law outside of the abortion debate which I do not care about at all.

Most moderates that I know may not like abortion but do not want to see it outlawed.  This may push them left in 2024.

This gives cover to Joe on Afghanistan.  He wanted to move on to a new topic and this is it.  He loved this law more than anyone.

My big concern is I could see Manson caving on abolishing the filibuster to "protect women rights".  This would be a disaster.

liberals should just think of it as killing a baby dog. then nobody would be for abortion. if you told all the pro choice people that abortion was killing a puppy they would be outside clinics in their vagina hats with prolife signs. freaks. 

This is in Texas right? Who gives a fock? States' rights, fock off somewhere else if you don't like it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

its so focking bizzare to me that a rational human being is actually all for cutting up a little baby. and then being so happy about it that you would go and fight for that right and hold up signs for it??? imagine getting off to going around stomping turtle eggs or something. bizarre sh;t

7 minutes ago, Reality said:

This is in Texas right? Who gives a fock? States' rights, fock off somewhere else if you don't like it.

exactly. theres plenty of states that basically let you stab a full grown baby on the delivery table. but were so offended by one that goes the other way??? wtf

• Like 1

8 hours ago, porkbutt said:

its so focking bizzare to me that a rational human being is actually all for cutting up a little baby. and then being so happy about it that you would go and fight for that right and hold up signs for it??? imagine getting off to going around stomping turtle eggs or something. bizarre sh;t

Ah, you hit it quickly.  "rational" is not part of the equation.  These people know it is wrong, but they do not care in the same way a narcissist does not care.

13 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Outside of the box?  You are making a mountain out of a molehill.  If the federal government made abortion legal, I'm going to tell you exactly what'll happen.  The first 6 months... nothing.  Crickets.  Then, the number of liberals crying about the 2 people who can't afford the $250 will make it seem like it's thousands.  Then me, and people like me, will start up charities to help these "thousands" (2), people who can't pay.  After 2 years, I'll need to buy a multi-million dollar estate (see BLM leader), to handle on the incoming donations.  After 5 years, the medical insurance carriers will start covering it and vastly reduce the amount of money for the middle and upper middle class people have to pay (about 95% of the abortion patients).  Then, I will make commercials (see St. Jude's commercials), about how my charity needs money help fund those without medical insurance.  I will continue to require this multi-million dollar estate to handle all of the donations to pay for the 500 people a year to get their abortions.  That's EXACTLY what'll happen.

As for your last sentence, that's a battle not worth fighting.  The issues of the inner city is exactly like Afghanistan/Middle East.  You have people who want, want, want... but from someone else, when they get it, they do nothing but waste it.  Then, they cry and whine about the problems they're having while never trying to fix the problem.  It's time to abandon that ship.  It's a lost cause.  Inner city people do NOT want to help themselves on this front, they want the government to do it.  Sorry, I'm done with that.  They will no longer get any attention from me.

On the topic of this bill, while I don't like, I don't have a problem with them doing it.  In Texas, the 6-week thing is their state law.  States rights.  Period.  If you don't like it, vote to get it changed.  If that doesn't work, move or deal with it.  It's that simple.  I know, it's "ratting people out" for money.  I don't really have a problem with that either.  In this country, there are police departments, towns, counties, and even states offering award money for people who give information for helping them catch a criminal.  In Texas, with this bill, anyone who violates it, is a criminal.  Turning those people in for a reward is no different that anything other reward.  I don't see how ANY court could possibly over turn this bill.  If it did, then they couldn't allow any other rewards for things.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Outside of the box?  You are making a mountain out of a molehill.  If the federal government made abortion legal, I'm going to tell you exactly what'll happen.  The first 6 months... nothing.  Crickets.  Then, the number of liberals crying about the 2 people who can't afford the $250 will make it seem like it's thousands.  Then me, and people like me, will start up charities to help these "thousands" (2), people who can't pay.  After 2 years, I'll need to buy a multi-million dollar estate (see BLM leader), to handle on the incoming donations.  After 5 years, the medical insurance carriers will start covering it and vastly reduce the amount of money for the middle and upper middle class people have to pay (about 95% of the abortion patients).  Then, I will make commercials (see St. Jude's commercials), about how my charity needs money help fund those without medical insurance.  I will continue to require this multi-million dollar estate to handle all of the donations to pay for the 500 people a year to get their abortions.  That's EXACTLY what'll happen.

As for your last sentence, that's a battle not worth fighting.  The issues of the inner city is exactly like Afghanistan/Middle East.  You have people who want, want, want... but from someone else, when they get it, they do nothing but waste it.  Then, they cry and whine about the problems they're having while never trying to fix the problem.  It's time to abandon that ship.  It's a lost cause.  Inner city people do NOT want to help themselves on this front, they want the government to do it.  Sorry, I'm done with that.  They will no longer get any attention from me.

I'm sorry as it seems like you put a lot of thought into this but I have no idea what your point is in the context of our conversation so I'm going to move on.

20 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

On the topic of this bill, while I don't like, I don't have a problem with them doing it.  In Texas, the 6-week thing is their state law.  States rights.  Period.  If you don't like it, vote to get it changed.  If that doesn't work, move or deal with it.  It's that simple.  I know, it's "ratting people out" for money.  I don't really have a problem with that either.  In this country, there are police departments, towns, counties, and even states offering award money for people who give information for helping them catch a criminal.  In Texas, with this bill, anyone who violates it, is a criminal.  Turning those people in for a reward is no different that anything other reward.  I don't see how ANY court could possibly over turn this bill.  If it did, then they couldn't allow any other rewards for things.

Texas is trying to end-around the criminal part, because the courts have repeatedly shot that down.  Hence the civil, bounty hunter approach.  SCOTUS will likely wait until a lower court shoots it down and then refuse to hear the state's appeal.  Unless they hear it for the sole purpose to tell Texas to grow up.

Regarding your conclusion, courts like to provide narrow judgments when possible.  I would be very surprised if they conclude that all rewards are illegal.  Also by your logic, a state could insert anything they want into "if you see a person doing [xxx] and report it, they need to pay you $10,000."  [xxx] could be walking a dog, not wearing a mask, etc.

14 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm sorry as it seems like you put a lot of thought into this but I have no idea what your point is in the context of our conversation so I'm going to move on.

Sounds good.  Bye.  I mean, I thought it was pretty obvious.  You make abortion legal without the government paying for it and you'll find that other people will.  Not that hard.