Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Cowboys at Buccaneers: TNF Discussion

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

If it was any other QB but brady i would have confidence, but.......

They're going to work those linebackers over.  Little 8 yard passes all the way down the field

16 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

OMG, how was that not a pushoff by Godwin?

Yeah, fix is in

PERSPECTIVE

The Buccaneers scored 31 points against the putrid Cowboys' defense.

The Cowboys scored 29 points against the world champion Buccaneers' defense.

And now you know... the REST of the story.

Dak is great, Cee Dee is great, Cooper is great. Dallas isn’t winning anything if they don’t run the ball. 

4 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

PERSPECTIVE

The Buccaneers scored 31 points against the putrid Cowboys' defense.

The Cowboys scored 29 points against the world champion Buccaneers' defense.

And now you know... the REST of the story.

The cowboys looked good. They can go places this year.

11 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

its funny I had to put my son to bed and came back just in time to see the catch.   Thats exactly what it looked like to me.   A pushoff.

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Dak is great, Cee Dee is great, Cooper is great. Dallas isn’t winning anything if they don’t run the ball. 

They were missing a probowl guard today and playing against a stud defensive unit.

There will be better weeks for their running game.

23 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Zeurlein has been awful and they just showed him and he looks worried.

well, hes likely the main reason they lost.  

2 bad misses.  one a PAT and one a short FG.

thats 4 points left on the table and its his fault they didnt get it.

I dont blame him for the missed 60 yard FG just before half time,   but if he made that I'd forgive the other miss.

Honestly looked like the defender tripped and fell to me. The hand jostling before is on both of them it just looks worse because he fell. 

Let em play.

Fournette 5 receptions?? Gio only 2? 

Could this be a trend going forward? Fournette could be potential PPR gold going forward. 

23 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Could this be a trend going forward? Fournette could be potential PPR gold going forward. 

I dunno, but after RoJo lost a fumble, I think I'mma gonna hold him a week in the league where I got him by accident (nominated him for $1 but din't want him--and nobody else did either).  Was kinda hurting for RBs in that league behind Henry and Mixon anyway.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I dunno, but after RoJo lost a fumble, I think I'mma gonna hold him a week in the league where I got him by accident (nominated him for $1 but din't want him--and nobody else did either).  Was kinda hurting for RBs in that league behind Henry and Mixon anyway.

He was dirt cheap in a few of my drafts too. Potential buy low considering he didn’t do much on the ground or much in terms of fantasy points.

Im assuming most owners most likely had him on the bench, if that owner didn’t have any other players in tonight’s game maybe they didn’t even pay attention. 

45 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

agreed.  best way to lose a job as a RB is to not look after the ball.

that being said,  I dont think he has a history of being a fumbler (though I also have not checked the numbers so I could be wrong)

I wouldnt really worry unless more fumbles come in week 2 and 3.  then I'd start to get concerned.

I think Gio gets more work their next game. 

7 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I see Chris Collinsworth is still a garbage announcer, "is it a fumble?, is it a fumble?"  

Obvious pass there.

Collinsworth said Jarwin was their deep threat

i have not read through this thread so i suspect someone else has already brought this up....but ceedee lamb cost the cowboys this one...no question....i have lamb in 2 leagues one being a very high stakes league.....its obvious this guy is a playmaker but hes not polished and savy....and those friggin hands....yikes.....i just hope this doesnt cost his standing/trust...id say its too early for that.....but the cowboys could have stolen this one and he def let them down....i was hoping maybe he could redeem himself with a game winning play....hopefully he rebounds quickly

8 hours ago, AxeElf said:

8 hours ago, rallo said:

Yeah, fix is in

8 hours ago, Ray_T said:

its funny I had to put my son to bed and came back just in time to see the catch.   Thats exactly what it looked like to me.   A pushoff.

My guess is that since they didn't call the holding penalty on the previous drive that would've resulted in a sack, putting Dallas at mid field with a 3rd and like 26, on the drive that they got the go ahead FG.... make up call? :dunno:

Thought I waited too long on TE and screwed myself as 15 TEs were taken before I took my first one. That TE I ended with is Gronk.

I thought Howard would play more of a role so wasn’t exactly thrilled with the pick, not a bad week 1 though. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Thought I waited too long on TE and screwed myself as 15 TEs were taken before I took my first one. That TE I ended with is Gronk.

I thought Howard would play more of a role so wasn’t exactly thrilled with the pick, not a bad week 1 though. 

Howard isn't fully ready yet.  Even when he is, Gronk will still be productive until Howard gets hurt again... say, Week 10?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobby heenan said:

i have not read through this thread so i suspect someone else has already brought this up....but ceedee lamb cost the cowboys this one...no question....i have lamb in 2 leagues one being a very high stakes league.....its obvious this guy is a playmaker but hes not polished and savy....and those friggin hands....yikes.....i just hope this doesnt cost his standing/trust...id say its too early for that.....but the cowboys could have stolen this one and he def let them down....i was hoping maybe he could redeem himself with a game winning play....hopefully he rebounds quickly

I love it. In my most important league I own Cooper. As long as Dak is healthy this will be the Cooper show all year long

I was also very surprised to see Gallup with 4 for 46. I know he hurt his ankle, but I swore I saw 6 targets in a row go his way. Maybe just taking advantage of the matchup?

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

I'm in the same boat as you. I was the last person to draft a tight end. Gronk wasn't even my later tight end target. The targets I had were all gone. I also grabbed Cooper as my WR2 behind Diggs. I actually passed on Kelce for Diggs in the second. Non ppr.

Cowboys offense is good, Tampa’s run defense is insane, you want RBs on good offenses, Zeke is good. Don’t panic on Zeke. 

Brady still somehow looks good, you want starting WRs on offenses where the QB looks good, Mike Evans is good. Don’t panic on Mike Evans.

48 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I love it. In my most important league I own Cooper. As long as Dak is healthy this will be the Cooper show all year long

I was also very surprised to see Gallup with 4 for 46. I know he hurt his ankle, but I swore I saw 6 targets in a row go his way. Maybe just taking advantage of the matchup?

i think cooper will do just fine....maybe even great...doesnt mean lamb wont thrive or do big things....just doesnt look good out the gate....also late in the game they went to cooper 3 times in a row and it failed to result in a completion.....cooper is def the lead guy here though....hes more polished....im not writing lamb off....he saw a ton of targets....if dallas had won all would be forgotten which they almost did....but when you lose a tough one like that what ceedee did really hurts...he also had a nice play called back late because of tyron smith hold.....i just hope they dont lose confidence in lamb....but it will be hard to because they will def need him

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Cowboys offense is good, Tampa’s run defense is insane, you want RBs on good offenses, Zeke is good. Don’t panic on Zeke. 

Brady still somehow looks good, you want starting WRs on offenses where the QB looks good, Mike Evans is good. Don’t panic on Mike Evans.

too many mouths to feed in Tampa.

what is likely to happen is that one WR will occasionally get no love in games.   To some extent we saw it at times last year.

There are only so many footballs to go around.

Defenses likely will try to neutralize one player (two if they have the ability) and whoever is left has a big game.

This week it was Evans, next week it may be AB.

To some extent this is why I wasn't as high on the Tampa options as I was last year.

Numbers for each individual WR are down from the year before but I wouldn't be surprised if passing yards as a whole are up.

Agree on the Tampa Run Defense.   best in league last year.   Least yards allowed and lowest yards per carry.   also if my memory is correct, Lowest TD's rushing I think (though I think it was a tie with someone else on that one)

I wasn't expecting big things from Zeke this week.  

I figured a negative gamescript would hurt him and that the cowboys wouldn't come out running the ball.   I figured they'd try throwing out of the gate.  I was not disappointed there.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Zeke will be fine. He's still the clear #1 on a great passing offense. It's just the pre-season hype on him being a top 2 RB (some poster here kept proclaiming it, can't for the life of me remember who that was), will prove to be folly..

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

My guess is that since they didn't call the holding penalty on the previous drive that would've resulted in a sack, putting Dallas at mid field with a 3rd and like 26, on the drive that they got the go ahead FG.... make up call? :dunno:

certainly possible.

it is also possible its the first game of the season and they just missed the call just like the holding penalty that was missed.

exhibition is also to help the refs get back to calling the game as they should too.  Not just the players.

AB will be the most consistent wr on the Bucs everyweek. 

I think The Zeke is going to be a little scary, might not be worthy of his ADP , but I wouldn’t sale. Not yet.  

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

AB will be the most consistent wr on the Bucs everyweek. 

I think The Zeke is going to be a little scary, might not be worthy of his ADP , but I wouldn’t sale. Not yet.  

well on another thread it was suggested at his ADP he may be the best deal

if this situation turns out to be the way it runs for the year, that poster may well be right

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Spoke too soon eh?

Well if I had spoken AFTER the game started, it wouldn't have counted.

4 hours ago, bobby heenan said:

ceedee lamb cost the cowboys this one

Yeah, he really needs to work on his placekicking accuracy.

1 hour ago, bobby heenan said:

i just hope they dont lose confidence in lamb

Doubtful, since you're the only one in the universe who thinks the loss was Lamb's fault.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, he really needs to work on his placekicking accuracy.

🤣

So that was the problem..... CeeDee was kicking the ball.   it all makes sense to me now.

32 minutes ago, jrokh said:

It's just the pre-season hype on him being a top 2 RB (some poster here kept proclaiming it, can't for the life of me remember who that was)

They should have read the writings of Axe Elf before making such a ridiculous statement, who declared that Zeke had the 2nd-best chance of being the overall #1 RB at the end of the season (next to Henry, of course).

Declaring a particular player to be in the top 2 would be a foolhardy thing to do, and they should be ashamed of themselves.