Gepetto

Stock Market bubble - will crash

Really need a way for this thread to bump itself.  Too much work.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/^DJI?p=^DJI 

Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI)

DJI - DJI Real Time Price. Currency in USD

31,490.07 -1,164.52 (-3.57%)

At close: 04:56PM EDT

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-market-news-live-updates-may-18-2022-221712104.html

Stocks sink by most since June 2020

• Like 1

Microsoft laying off 10k. Goldman Sachs starting with 3200 and more to come. Amazon laid off 18k.  Canaries in the coalmine? 

14 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Microsoft laying off 10k. Goldman Sachs starting with 3200 and more to come. Amazon laid off 18k.  Canaries in the coalmine? 

Not exactly.

Right now the regional feds are puffing their numbers to create the illusion of a strong jobs market. So far the unholy alignment of Biden and Yellen have assiduously ignored the macro indicators, favoring this single area i indicator to prop up their lies about the economy.

They are also running out of reserves to throw around and hide the problems. 

2023 should prove to be a challenge for low income households. But it will also hammer middle income and retiree’s 

• Like 1

I've been working with Goldman Sachs for the past 6 months on a large purchase.  They told us in December that the deal was on hold as they are cutting costs and hoarding cash for the recession this year.

• Like 1

I’m calling my shot. Will see close to a 30 pct drop by June.  

Let’s go brandon 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If not you must leave the board.

27 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

If not you must leave the board.

Only if you give me five of your aliases. You’ll still have plenty. 

PBS Frontline: The Age Of Easy Money. Just finished watching. Shows where we were, where we are and possibly where we are headed. And if we are headed where some of these people think we are, all of our leaders and institutions can take a bow. Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump, Biden, the Fed, Banks and Wall Street, all the congresses. About two hours, no commercials. 

On 2/21/2023 at 2:41 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Already up 2%, with 8 weeks to go.  Nice call so far :lol:

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Already up 2%, with 8 weeks to go.  Nice call so far :lol:

Lol. What’s your call? Nothing. Puzzy.  

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lol. What’s your call? Nothing. Puzzy.  

I'm smart enough to know that I can't predict it.  I am long the market and have been since November '22 after pulling out most of last year.

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm smart enough to know that I can't predict it.  I am long the market and have been since November '22 after pulling out most of last year.

What a moronic statement.  You say you can't predict the market but you are trying to time the market.  

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

What a moronic statement.  You say you can't predict the market but you are trying to time the market.  

I'm saying I can't predict the market, but there are certain times where it makes sense to remove some risk, or add risk.  That's being smart, not moronic.

For me one of those times was last year, where it made sense to remove risk.  Now, I can take on more risk.  It's not a prediction that the market is going up, it's knowing if it goes down, I'll be OK, and if it goes up, I'll be better.

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

guttertrash is a guy who gets happy when gas prices drop to 4.50 after climbing to 6.00, and doesn't care they were at 2.50 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm saying I can't predict the market, but there are certain times where it makes sense to remove some risk, or add risk.  That's being smart, not moronic.

For me one of those times was last year, where it made sense to remove risk.  Now, I can take on more risk.  It's not a prediction that the market is going up, it's knowing if it goes down, I'll be OK, and if it goes up, I'll be better.

If you were in it for the long haul you would never jump in an out of the market.  You would take advantage of dollar cost averaging and make a lot more in the long run.

To each his own.  Good Luck with your approach.

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

guttertrash is a guy who gets happy when gas prices drop to 4.50 after climbing to 6.00, and doesn't care they were at 2.50 

Actually I don't care about gas prices because I barely drive, also I can afford gas when I do.

Also I'm smart enough to know that we're never seeing $2.50g again anyway, so now I'm not gonna throw a hissyfit until it gets back there.

18 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I think it would be great if you watched the frontline piece and tell us what you think. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think it would be great if you watched the frontline piece and tell us what you think. 

Meh, it's 2 hours, and I'm pretty well versed on the age of easy money.  Also you don't care what I think anyway, you're always incorrectly posting about what I think.

12 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Actually I don't care about gas prices because I barely drive, also I can afford gas when I do.

Also I'm smart enough to know that we're never seeing $2.50g again anyway, so now I'm not gonna throw a hissyfit until it gets back there.

zero relevance in the conversation, as usual

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Meh, it's 2 hours, and I'm pretty well versed on the age of easy money.  Also you don't care what I think anyway, you're always incorrectly posting about what I think.

I like to hear from all sides. You’re bullish, and that’s interesting to me. It’s not like you’re wrong about everything. I watched it over the course of a week. I think you would find it interesting. They interview some really big players. 

15 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Are you smart enough to know that high gas prices affect the rest of the economy? It's not just about driving your fhaggy Prius.

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

zero relevance in the conversation, as usual

I was replying to your post about me and gas prices.  What are talking about zero relevance?  Are you drunk?

1 minute ago, lickin_starfish said:

Are you smart enough to know that high gas prices affect the rest of the economy? It's not just about driving your fhaggy Prius.

Of course, homey.

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I like to hear from all sides. You’re bullish, and that’s interesting to me. It’s not like you’re wrong about everything. I watched it over the course of a week. I think you would find it interesting. They interview some really big players. 

I'm not bullish, I'm cautiously optimistic 

13 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I was replying to your post about me and gas prices.  What are talking about zero relevance?  Are you drunk?

the amount you drive or knowing that the price will not go down has zero meaning to what I said

you are celebrating the market going up 2% after drop 30%

On 1/19/2023 at 6:43 AM, Louie Kelcher said:

I've been working with Goldman Sachs for the past 6 months on a large purchase.  They told us in December that the deal was on hold as they are cutting costs and hoarding cash for the recession this year.

Sure you were, Gordon Gecko. Goldman needs the help of a perverted, tranny loving midget ? 😂😂😂

15 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm not bullish, I'm cautiously optimistic 

Like I said, you bring some good takes. I think you could do the same if you watched it. I have my thoughts, some of which I laid out. You can speak about the historical aspects of it, without going into any predictions.  It’s PBS, not newsmax. 

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

the amount you drive or knowing that the price will not go down has zero meaning to what I said

you are celebrating the market going up 2% after drop 30%

I'm not celebrating anything.  I was just giving an update on the market since HT made his call.

Maybe you should just stay out of conversations until you understand what's going on.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

I'm not celebrating anything.  I was just giving an update on the market since HT made his call.

Maybe you should just stay out of conversations until you understand what's going on.

a 3 year old understands your conversations

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

a 3 year old understands your conversations

So then a 3 year old is smarter than you.

Yeah. You think it’s idiotic to make a call. After you said you made a call. But you won’t do it now.  I make you stupid. 

The most interesting part to me was towards the end, when Jim Millstein, a restructuring titan, was interviewed.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. You think it’s idiotic to make a call. After you said you made a call. But you won’t do it now.  I make you stupid. 

You can make a call, who cares.  But if you're wrong expect to be mocked for it.

8 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You can make a call, who cares.  But if you're wrong expect to be mocked for it.

Yeah, I didn’t realize that. I’m a stock guru after all. And if you run your mouth without making a call, expect to be called a puzzy. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Like I said, you bring some good takes. I think you could do the same if you watched it. I have my thoughts, some of which I laid out. You can speak about the historical aspects of it, without going into any predictions.  It’s PBS, not newsmax. 

I'm sure it's fine.  Like I said I'm well versed in what the fed has done going back to 2008, and I've made calls along the way, and I've been proven wrong and lost lots of money.

Eventually the house of cards is going to collapse.  I thought it was going to happen around 2010, it didn't.  At this point I have no idea when it will happen, I just hope that I'm dead when it does, and my kids will have enough cushion to be OK.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, I didn’t realize that. I’m a stock guru after all. And if you run your mouth without making a call, expect to be called a puzzy. 

Oh, you called me a puzzy, I'm so hurt.

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I'm sure it's fine.  Like I said I'm well versed in what the fed has done going back to 2008, and I've made calls along the way, and I've been proven wrong and lost lots of money.

Eventually the house of cards is going to collapse.  I thought it was going to happen around 2010, it didn't.  At this point I have no idea when it will happen, I just hope that I'm dead when it does, and my kids will have enough cushion to be OK.

I was just looking for some input. And considering, despite our acrimony, I don’t think you’re an ignorant doofus, I just thought maybe there could be some conversation.  Yeah, I know I sling the poo too. Whatever.