Gepetto

Stock Market bubble - will crash

Media seems desperate. They trumpet any midday rally and then quietly report on it being another down day overall. 

Notice when I posted the original post, January 5th saying I initiated the transaction to pull my money out of the stock market on the night of January 4th.  That was the all time high of the stock market.  Two years ago in March as Covid hit I did the same thing saving tens of thousands of dollars.  My only mistake was not moving it all back in after it crashed two years ago but I did buy back in every day for those two years so made something.  It's still got a long ways to fall and I expect it will over the next 2 years.  

On 1/5/2022 at 9:50 PM, Gepetto said:

I expect a stock market crash soon, a slight rebound and then an even bigger crash.  Two years ago I already moved all my mutual funds to bonds just before the crash when Covid started and oil went up, maybe a day late on that actually.  So I had mostly bonds already but all mutual funds I was investing in for the last two years I set up late last night and moved all to bonds and all future investments to bonds. 

Then I just found this article when I googled "stock market bubble"

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/warren-buffett-indicator-211-percent-stock-market-bubble-asset-crash-2022-1

You are getting crushed with your bond portfolio.  Who do you think you are kidding?

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

Notice when I posted the original post, January 5th saying I initiated the transaction to pull my money out of the stock market on the night of January 4th.  That was the all time high of the stock market.  Two years ago in March as Covid hit I did the same thing saving tens of thousands of dollars.  My only mistake was not moving it all back in after it crashed two years ago but I did buy back in every day for those two years so made something.  It's still got a long ways to fall and I expect it will over the next 2 years.  

S&P 5000-6000 first, then it really crashes. This is nothing compared to what is coming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

Good luck, sir.  I expect a drop as well but I'm in it for the long haul.  Dollar cost averaging over the long term will out perform trying to time the market.  

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

You are getting crushed with your bond portfolio.  Who do you think you are kidding?

I'll move into the market when it's down.  My only choices through my company's 401k are a very limited number of mutual funds or a couple of bond funds.

I will be receiving my bonuses next week so I am hoping the market drops a couple of thousand points over the next couple of months.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:38 AM, Bert said:

Good luck, sir.  I expect a drop as well but I'm in it for the long haul.  Dollar cost averaging over the long term will out perform trying to time the market.  

Time in the market beats trying to time the market.

Just now, Cdub100 said:

Yes, it certainly does.  

32 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

tell that to someone who invested in the nikkei in 1990.

• Thanks 1

Buying opportunity imo, unless Biden starts WWIII.  But, he's weak, Russia should have control over Ukraine in short order, buy'em while they're low fellas.

27 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Buying opportunity imo, unless Biden starts WWIII.  But, he's weak, Russia should have control over Ukraine in short order, buy'em while they're low fellas.

Absolutely.  Loaded up this morning on QQQ, VTI and several individual stocks

• Like 1

The stock market stopped making sense a long time ago. 

40 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I did first thing this morning.

• Like 1

So the market is up 400 points. This all makes perfect sense. Lol. 

Cmon, Putin. Attack france, Germany and england. That would be good for new market highs 

I remember when Japan had the nuclear accident and I thought, that’s going to affect the markets. Not a bit. 

1 hour ago, HTH said:

I am still all cash.  

Am I still dumb?

:dunno:

I'm with ya. I just buried 2 more jars in the backyard this morning after the wife went to work. Me and the dog are gonna make it through this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTH said:

I am still all cash.  

Am I still dumb?

:dunno:

I would tend to say yes. I am all in for a melt up to 5500-6000 on S&P inside this year before a massive collapse.  And I mean massive. That's from 2 market guys that I follow.

5 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I would tend to say yes. I am all in for a melt up to 5500-6000 on S&P inside this year before a massive collapse.  And I mean massive. That's from 2 market guys that I follow.

Are you saying it's dumb to be all cash, but expecting a massive collapse?

:huh:

1 hour ago, HTH said:

Final melt up followed by the crash. You can sit in cash for the whole ride or ride it to 5500ish and go back to cash...with a lot more cash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTH said:

Yes.  All anything is stupid if you are dealing with worthwhile money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I sold my house I knew I would need cash for the stupid for my new build grass, fence, landscaping etc... But we were putting in a pool so I wouldn't need it for a year. I put most of my money in Crypto but I did put a bunch in stocks. I did pretty well and am selling some of my stock positions because now I need that money. I'm not selling any crypto though.

12 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Final melt up followed by the crash. You can sit in cash for the whole ride or ride it to 5500ish and go back to cash...with a lot more cash.

Ahhh...I see. Thanks lod!

The problem with timing the market is if you get it right once you think you’ll get it right again. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The problem with timing the market is if you get it right once you think you’ll get it right again. 

It is a lot of luck.  After the markets rose 25% last year, I figured this year was going to suck and put my retirement money on the sidelines at the start of the year.  But I have no clue when to jump back in.  I am still bearish, but if there is another 10 percent drop I may get half my money back in.  Inflation and the war are not going away soon.  

On 3/2/2022 at 3:07 PM, HTH said:

Ahhh...I see. Thanks lod!

Looks like you are gonna get a better entry point in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 12:14 PM, vomit said:

Don't try and time the market.

its pretty easy to time the market actually.  most people are utterly uninformed or misinformed.  same problem exists in sports, politics, etc.  information is controlled and massaged to please powerful people so eventually everyone becomes stupid.

7 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

its pretty easy to time the market actually.  most people are utterly uninformed or misinformed.  same problem exists in sports, politics, etc.  information is controlled and massaged to please powerful people so eventually everyone becomes stupid.

Oh really?  Alright genius start posting when the market will go up and down, so we can all make money.  Thanks in advance.