Pimpadeaux

Ukraine - Doomsday

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

These last two pages are hard to read ... anyway I'm up to date on this thread.

Rusty cheerleading the war in Europe and the US funding it. 🤸‍♀️

That basically sums up all 177 pages. 

It’s time to lift the sanctions on Russian energy. It’s not working.  China and India are gobbling up cheap energy from Russia and Russia is making more money now than before they invaded. It’s the right move. We have to end this war and that won’t happen while Russia is raking it in and able to fund it. It’s counter intuitive, but there is little left in the tool bag at this point. 

19 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s time to lift the sanctions on Russian energy. It’s not working.  China and India are gobbling up cheap energy from Russia and Russia is making more money now than before they invaded. It’s the right move. We have to end this war and that won’t happen while Russia is raking it in and able to fund it. It’s counter intuitive, but there is little left in the tool bag at this point. 

What's your source on this? I'd like to read up on it, please.

Those Ukrainians are really kicking ass aren't they?

Power outages sweep Ukraine as Russia targets critical infrastructure in series of strikes

Nearly 1.5 million in Ukraine left without electricity following massive strikes.

Dozens of missiles were fired across Ukraine Saturday morning, causing power outages all over the country as Russian forces continue to pound the war-torn nation from the sky. 

Nearly 1.5 million people across Ukraine were left without electricity following the strikes Saturday, reported Kyrylo Tymoshenko, Deputy Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine, in a Telegram post. 

59 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

What's your source on this? I'd like to read up on it, please.

That China and India are buying Russian oil and gas? That the ruble is up since the invasion? My source is paying attention since last spring. I’m the source mo-fuker

4 minutes ago, fandandy said:

https://cdn.statcdn.com/Infographic/images/normal/28489.jpeg

And as with every war the US has been involved in since I have been alive when it is all said and done we will have nothing to show for it.

Yup.  And  the middlemen and the military industrial complex get new houses and boats. Third verse same as the first. 

5 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Go War Go!!!!🤸‍♀️

It's sickening and tragic all around. 

Russia is losing a big chunk of a generation to this war, and the poorly trained and equipped noobs they're throwing in there are just going to get slaughtered.

Russia has shown no signs that it wants to negotiate peace as it targets civilians in urban areas. 

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

It's sickening and tragic all around. 

Russia is losing a big chunk of a generation to this war, and the poorly trained and equipped noobs they're throwing in there are just going to get slaughtered.

Russia has shown no signs that it wants to negotiate peace as it targets civilians in urban areas. 

You forgot how it's focking our economy because Biden is spending big on this war. He himself said we as Americans will have to suffer.......for his relationship with UKraine.

Rusty, rightfully so, keeps pointing out the ineptness of the Russian military. Yet he thinks our pull out of Afghanistan was a smooth operation.  

18 minutes ago, craftsman said:

You forgot how it's focking our economy because Biden is spending big on this war. He himself said we as Americans will have to suffer.......for his relationship with UKraine.

Do you actually try to read anything instead of making assumptions based on your political paradigm?

Geopolitical turmoil - particularly when it involves war - has a long history of affecting the world economy. Ukraine is a huge supplier of the world's food, and both the Russian and Ukrainian economies have shrunk dramatically.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/econres/notes/feds-notes/the-effect-of-the-war-in-ukraine-on-global-activity-and-inflation-20220527.html

Plus the Russian attack on Ukraine came at a time when countries were trying to crawl out of the economic hole that COVID dug.

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2022/10/04/russian-invasion-of-ukraine-impedes-post-pandemic-economic-recovery-in-emerging-europe-and-central-asia

To blame the economic issues on our spending to help Ukraine is just ignorant.

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Rusty, rightfully so, keeps pointing out the ineptness of the Russian military. Yet he thinks our pull out of Afghanistan was a smooth operation.  

There you go lying again. I've never said it was a smooth operation. I mentioned that Biden pulled us out of Afghanistan after Trump said he would but didn't. It was messy and embarrassing. Plus, some posters here have mistakenly said Trump never sent our troops to a foreign land, but it's a fact he sent troops to the Middle East.

But you clowns wouldn't know a fact if it crawled up your pants and stung your balls, instead wallowing in conspiracies and fabricated misinformation.

5 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

There you go lying again. I've never said it was a smooth operation. I mentioned that Biden pulled us out of Afghanistan after Trump said he would bUT didn't. It was messy and embarrassing. Plus, some posters here have mistakenly said Trump never sent our troops to a foreign land, but it's a fact he sent troops to the Middle East.

But you clowns wouldn't know a fact if it crawled up your pants and stung your balls, instead wallowing in conspiracies and fabricated misinformation.

You’re right. I was exaggerating.  But just keep in mind what an absolute disaster that was when you’re bringing up Russias ineptness. To me the way the pullout went down, and the lack of accountability for those that focked it up and got our own killed, is much more worrisome than what the Russians are doing poorly. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You’re right. I was exaggerating.  But just keep in mind what an absolute disaster that was when you’re bringing up Russias ineptness. To me the way the pullout went down, and the lack of accountability for those that focked it up and got our own killed, is much more worrisome than what the Russians are doing poorly. 

This thread is about the war in Ukraine, not about what happened in Afghanistan. 

26 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Do you actually try to read anything instead of making assumptions based on your political paradigm?

Geopolitical turmoil - particularly when it involves war - has a long history of affecting the world economy. Ukraine is a huge supplier of the world's food, and both the Russian and Ukrainian economies have shrunk dramatically.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/econres/notes/feds-notes/the-effect-of-the-war-in-ukraine-on-global-activity-and-inflation-20220527.html

Plus the Russian attack on Ukraine came at a time when countries were trying to crawl out of the economic hole that COVID dug.

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2022/10/04/russian-invasion-of-ukraine-impedes-post-pandemic-economic-recovery-in-emerging-europe-and-central-asia

To blame the economic issues on our spending to help Ukraine is just ignorant.

I only went off of what Biden said. "We as a country have to pay the price."?

9 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

This thread is about the war in Ukraine, not about what happened in Afghanistan. 

Ok. Just keep it in mind. Our military isn’t looking so hot right now. 

I'm sure the spending has had some economic impact, but when a world super power starts a war with the world's resource-rich breadbasket, worldwide economic problems ensue. Inflation is all about supply and demand.

Biden's actions have helped reduce gas prices that were spiraling out of control.  I paid $2.97 a gallon earlier this week. 

The reason they were so low in 2020 and 2021 was obliterated demand thanks to people not moving around much during COVID.

2 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I'm sure the spending has had some economic impact, but when a world super power starts a war with the world's resource-rich breadbasket, worldwide economic problems ensue. Inflation is all about supply and demand.

Biden's actions have helped reduce gas prices that were spiraling out of control.  I paid $2.97 a gallon earlier this week. 

The reason they were so low in 2020 and 2021 was obliterated demand thanks to people not moving around much during COVID.

Go War Go!!! 🤸‍♀️

Shutting down oil production has nothing to do with it.

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok. Just keep it in mind. Our military isn’t looking so hot right now. 

I'm aware of that. Recruiting numbers have sucked lately, and the sloppy Afghanistan pullout didn't make our military look good.

But we're indirectly kicking Russia's ass by aiding Ukraine, whose takeover by Russia would be a world disaster at this point.

I wish there was some kind of peace deal that could be made, but Russia isn't entertaining anything and Ukraine isn't willing to make much in the way of concessions. 

I don't see any end to this without Putin's removal, and cracks are forming in his inner circle, ones that we can see.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-two-biggest-war-hawks-124916772.html

19 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I don't see any end to this without Putin's removal, and cracks are forming in his inner circle, ones that we can see.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-two-biggest-war-hawks-124916772.html

Be careful what you wish for. From what I've read, the people most displeased with Putin think he needs to be more brutal.

2 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Be careful what you wish for. From what I've read, the people most displeased with Putin think he needs to be more brutal.

True. I'd be fine with Ukraine giving up pro-Russia Crimea and Donbass in exchange for the Russians withdrawing and agreeing to pay war reparations. Maybe not squawking about Ukraine joining NATO to ensure this never again happens. 

Zelensky has to give up something

Otherwise, this war is going to drag on for years. 

2 hours ago, craftsman said:

Go War Go!!!!🤸‍♀️

You seem to get upset everytime someone says the US could defend itself against Russia.  I got the feeling you want the US to get nuked just to make Biden look bad.  Is that not the case?

24 minutes ago, nobody said:

You seem to get upset everytime someone says the US could defend itself against Russia.  I got the feeling you want the US to get nuked just to make Biden look bad.  Is that not the case?

He thinks our aid to Ukraine caused worldwide economic problems and that Biden has huge control over oil production and gas prices.

His dumbassery has no limits.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Fock Ukraine. 

Biden totally wishy washy on covid and sending anything but a clear message.  What a leader.

During an appearance at the White House on Tuesday, President Joe Biden said that COVID-19 is still a "global health emergency" despite his previous insistence that the "pandemic is over."

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Biden totally wishy washy on covid and sending anything but a clear message.  What a leader.

During an appearance at the White House on Tuesday, President Joe Biden said that COVID-19 is still a "global health emergency" despite his previous insistence that the "pandemic is over."

Dear Lord. 

The squad gets back into line.   Pramila Jayapal can find endless time to rant about Trump and racism but asking our president to try to find an off-ramp to this war lasted less than 24 hrs.   

2 minutes ago, Masshole said:

The squad gets back into line.   Pramila Jayapal can find endless time to rant about Trump and racism but asking our president to try to find an off-ramp to this war lasted less than 24 hrs.   

Love to see it.