Pimpadeaux

Ukraine - Doomsday

4 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I'm not sure why you quoted my post, as you provided no commentary. Are you saying Trump was not 100% correct on the issue?

23 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I'm not sure why you quoted my post, as you provided no commentary. Are you saying Trump was not 100% correct on the issue?

No, trump was right, and Germany has now course corrected.

• Like 2

Simply amazes me that Russia has lost more troops in this last year with Ukraine then they did in the nine years with crazy ass taliban.

5 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

The Ukers got 'em pretty good. Hit a barracks that also had an ammunition dump. Some reports say as many as 700 Russians killed or wounded.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/defiant-ukrainians-cheer-new-year-drones-blasted-skies-2023-01-01/

Russia saying around 60 killed. Ukraine estimates high, Russia estimates low. Probably a few hundred killed

This should be over soon with all the success Ukraine has been having. 

5 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Did Trump sell them the plans? 

Putin expected to mobilize another 500,000 this month and use them for a spring offensive.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-plans-mobilize-500-000-170305298.html

They didn't adequately train and equip the 300,000 rounded up and sent into the slaughter last year. 

It wouldn't be surprising to see Putin either dead or out of office by the summer.

Not another dime without oversight and accountability. Not one. 🇺🇦

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Putin expected to mobilize another 500,000 this month and use them for a spring offensive.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-plans-mobilize-500-000-170305298.html

They didn't adequately train and equip the 300,000 rounded up and sent into the slaughter last year. 

It wouldn't be surprising to see Putin either dead or out of office by the summer.

Russia is making significant gains around Bakhmut these last few days, which has been fought over for months. I've read that Russia basically sends tons of troops on suicide missions to expose Ukranian positions. Not sure if thats Ukranian propoganda. 

This is looking more and more like a war of attrition and Russia has a lot more people. Unless the people revolt, which seems unlikely, this is going to go on for a long time. Putin is still banking on the hope that the West will tire of funding the war, which I could see happening before the Russians tire of it.

1 hour ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Russia is making significant gains around Bakhmut these last few days, which has been fought over for months. I've read that Russia basically sends tons of troops on suicide missions to expose Ukranian positions. Not sure if thats Ukranian propoganda. 

This is looking more and more like a war of attrition and Russia has a lot more people. Unless the people revolt, which seems unlikely, this is going to go on for a long time. Putin is still banking on the hope that the West will tire of funding the war, which I could see happening before the Russians tire of it.

I'd like to see what you've been reading about Bakhmut. Could you share some links, please?

46 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I'd like to see what you've been reading about Bakhmut. Could you share some links, please?

I've seen a lot on Twitter about it. Nothing confirmed as it's  disputed how far they've gotten, but most agree they've made significant gains.

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine-bakhmut-wagner-prigozhin-surrounded-1772032

Russian forces have reportedly made gains near Bakhmut and Ukrainian troops face being surrounded by mercenaries fighting for Moscow.

The Institute for the Study of War (ISW) noted on Friday how Russian sources and military bloggers had said that Wagner Group troops had broken through in Soledar, about 11 miles away from the Donetsk oblast city that has been fought over for months.

Although it was too soon to tell if Soledar had been captured entirely, one milblogger claimed that Russian troops had advanced as far as Krasnopillia, which lies around two and a half miles northwest and that "the Ukrainian grouping in Bakhmut is under threat of encirclement as a result."

1 hour ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I've seen a lot on Twitter about it. Nothing confirmed as it's  disputed how far they've gotten, but most agree they've made significant gains.

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine-bakhmut-wagner-prigozhin-surrounded-1772032

Interesting. The Ukers might have to pull out of there if they're in danger of getting encircled. They need every swinging cack in the field.

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

Rusty only believes the rah rah Ukraine propaganda they send out.

Shush, the adults are having an intelligent conversation. Children such as you  should be seen and not heard.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Shush, the adults are having an intelligent conversation. Children such as you  should be seen and not heard.

Goooooooo WAR!!! 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️

Just now, craftsman said:

Goooooooo WAR!!! 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️

I asked for a link. I read the link. I try to educate myself on all angles of a story. It's a fact that Russia has gotten its ass kicked in this war. It appears to be a fact that they've made gains in the Bakhmut area. You have anything interesting and intelligent to say here? 

Doubtful, but here's your shot, child.

17 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Interesting. The Ukers might have to pull out of there if they're in danger of getting encircled. They need every swinging cack in the field.

Ya and we might be seeing another 500k mobilization and spring offensive. Hope Ukraine can keep up but it's going to be tough. The one hope is that the earlier mobilization failed to properly equip the mobilized soldiers so I'm not sure how they're going to equip another 500k. Curious to see how Russians react to another mobilization. Seems like the populace is resigned to the fact that they can't do anything about it. I don't think Putin being overthrown is realistic.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Ya and we might be seeing another 500k mobilization and spring offensive. Hope Ukraine can keep up but it's going to be tough. The one hope is that the earlier mobilization failed to properly equip the mobilized soldiers so I'm not sure how they're going to equip another 500k. Curious to see how Russians react to another mobilization. Seems like the populace is resigned to the fact that they can't do anything about it. I don't think Putin being overthrown is realistic.

Yeah, that was my thought about the 500,000. They didn't get far with the 300,000. I don't see how the Russian people act positively to their young men being grabbed off the street and thrown into the meat grinder.

One thing I've seen only a little about is the Ukrainian mobilization. They whipped up an military of around 1 million, from what I've read. Plus all these foreign fighters joining the cause. 

I do think Putin suddenly dying or getting removed is realistic. 

He's counting on the world getting tired of helping the Ukrainians. It might happen in the United States, thanks to the idiots who don't see the importance of Ukraine winning this thing, but I doubt they'll altogether lose the worldwide support they have. 

48 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I asked for a link. I read the link. I try to educate myself on all angles of a story. It's a fact that Russia has gotten its ass kicked in this war. It appears to be a fact that they've made gains in the Bakhmut area. You have anything interesting and intelligent to say here? 

Doubtful, but here's your shot, child.

Here's your chance? :lol:

Goooooo War!!!

19 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Goooooo War!!!

You bring nothing to the proceedings. Back on ignore mode you go, you useless man child.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Goooooo War!!!

Thank you for your brilliant insight and thoughtful commentary on the war in Ukraine. As always, it offers much to the conversation.

On 12/27/2022 at 11:12 AM, wiffleball said:

Just a little tidbit for y'all. Ukraine gave up all of their nuclear weapons to the Russians in return for the guarantee that Russia would never invade or otherwise threaten Ukraine.

Gaddafi gave up its chemical and nuclear weapons programs in 2003 in return for re-entering the global trade community and no longer being marked as a rogue state.  By 2011, NATO was backing a rebellion to overthrow him and Gaddafi was dead.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/libya-gives-up-nuclear-and-chemical-weapons-83350.html

Do you think Putin didn't notice this?  You think him and his allies will step down and not turn the globe into a fireball?

11 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Gaddafi gave up its chemical and nuclear weapons programs in 2003 in return for re-entering the global trade community and no longer being marked as a rogue state.  By 2011, NATO was backing a rebellion to overthrow him and Gaddafi was dead.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/libya-gives-up-nuclear-and-chemical-weapons-83350.html

Do you think Putin didn't notice this?  You think him and his allies will step down and not turn the globe into a fireball?

I've read that Iran and North Korea also cited Libya during negotiations. Amazing how short-sighted "geopolitical experts" can be. Now I don't think this means Putin will turn the globe into a fireball. I don't see the correlation there. Russia already has nukes.

4 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

I've read that Iran and North Korea also cited Libya during negotiations. Amazing how short-sighted "geopolitical experts" can be. Now I don't think this means Putin will turn the globe into a fireball. I don't see the correlation there. Russia already has nukes.

Russia never using its nukes is equivalent to not having them.  NATO and Ukraine are obviously slowly pushing the envelope to see what they can get away with without Russia nuking.  But at some point, either Russia nukes or they get destroyed.  There's no going back.  Russia cannot rejoin the global community at this point unless they shed not just Putin, but his allies in government and their entire culture and identity.  That is destruction.

Had NATO never gone in and deposed Gaddafi in 2011, there might be solid reason for Putin to just stop the war.  But that's not the universe we are in.  In this universe, he wins or everyone dies.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Thank you for your brilliant insight and thoughtful commentary on the war in Ukraine. As always, it offers much to the conversation.

My insight is, the US should stop funding a war between two corrupt nations in Europe. What more insight is needed at this point. This war has been going on forever now.

37 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

You bring nothing to the proceedings. Back on ignore mode you go, you useless man child.

:wave:

15 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Russia never using its nukes is equivalent to not having them.  NATO and Ukraine are obviously slowly pushing the envelope to see what they can get away with without Russia nuking.  But at some point, either Russia nukes or they get destroyed.  There's no going back.  Russia cannot rejoin the global community at this point unless they shed not just Putin, but his allies in government and their entire culture and identity.  That is destruction.

Had NATO never gone in and deposed Gaddafi in 2011, there might be solid reason for Putin to just stop the war.  But that's not the universe we are in.  In this universe, he wins or everyone dies.

That's how it gets viewed in your universe, particularly Uranus.

😂

11 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Russia cannot rejoin the global community at this point unless they shed not just Putin, but his allies in government and their entire culture and identity.  That is destruction.

"Shed Putin"... agreed. Russia will remain isolated with him in power.

"Shed Putin's allies" ... unclear. Most likely it's meet the new boss...  blames all Russia's crimes on Putin and convinces West to drop sanctions by giving Ukraine meager reparations.

"Shed entire culture and identity"... ya lost me.

17 minutes ago, craftsman said:

My insight is, the US should stop funding a war between two corrupt nations in Europe. What more insight is needed at this point. This war has been going on forever now.

Right and you've said that before. What do the repeated "go war" posts offer to the discussion? We get it. No reason to keep posting the same thing. 

28 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

That's where I'm having a hard time understanding. How does Gaddafi impact the current situation? I understand how it impacts North Korea and Iran, but I don't understand how it impacts Russia.

12 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Right and you've said that before. What do the repeated "go war" posts offer to the discussion? We get it. No reason to keep posting the same thing. 

That's making fun of Rusty because all he does is cheer the war on. It's sick.

Just now, craftsman said:

That's making fun of Rusty because all he does is cheer the war on. It's sick.

Fine but wouldn't these threads be better with discussion about the topic instead of the trolling and insults? Hell, I don't even know what the Damar Hamlin thread is even about anymore. It sure as hell isnt about Damar Hamlin. Every thread just ends up being the same 5 people attacking each other with recycled insults. Just discuss the topic. This place would be so much more interesting.

16 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Fine but wouldn't these threads be better with discussion about the topic instead of the trolling and insults? Hell, I don't even know what the Damar Hamlin thread is even about anymore. It sure as hell isnt about Damar Hamlin. Every thread just ends up being the same 5 people attacking each other with recycled insults. Just discuss the topic. This place would be so much more interesting.

I'm all for thoughtful discussion about Ukraine. I post videos of Ukraine blowing up Russians, but I'm more interested in thoughtful discussion and exchanging information instead of childishly trying to pick off differing perspectives. 

We've not seen a war like this in our lifetimes. It's fascinating stuff, basically an old ideology vs. a new one and worldwide involvement in the cause.

At the root of it, Ukraine is a fledgling democracy with issues vs. an old-school autocracy trying to put the band back together. 

In my opinion, the free world has a vested interest in Ukraine winning this thing, from resources to politics to punching a bully in the face, which is the best way to handle a bully.

the military lab youtube channel got demonetized as of december 1st BTW.  unsure if it will ever come back.