Pimpadeaux

Ukraine - Doomsday

As much as we think we own the f****** world, I'm really starting to think that there's going to be an event that occurs internally that changes the game very fast. Specifically, from what I've read? The head of the Wagner group is terrifying the s*** out of Putin right now. Because dude has the only standing army that can actually do a thing and Putin is terrified of that.

And notwithstanding my first sentence in this post? I would not be surprised if the CIA isn't having some substantive talks with that guy right now.

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

It's more liberal nonsense. We can't help our own people but we're helping Ukrainian citizens?? Why isn't the left infuriated? 

This President can do what whatever he wants and these stepford Libtards just go along with it. It's unbelievable 

The last senate vote on funding passed 86-11. This is probably the most bipartisan legislation Biden will sign. Why do both parties love these pointless foreign conflicts? 

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

The last senate vote on funding passed 86-11. This is probably the most bipartisan legislation Biden will sign. Why do both parties love these pointless foreign conflicts? 

Why do you see this as a pointless foreign conflict? The stakes are super huge.

On 2/18/2023 at 11:19 PM, Pimpadeaux said:

Super! 

Ukrainian defense official talking about Ukrainian tanks in Red Square. Kiev Kevin. 

Ruh roh... :unsure: 

Russia suspends only remaining major nuclear treaty with US

VLADIMIR ISACHENKOV
Tue, February 21, 2023 at 4:26 AM MST·4 min read

MOSCOW (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin declared Tuesday that Moscow was suspending its participation in the New START treaty — the last remaining nuclear arms control pact with the United States — sharply upping the ante amid tensions with Washington over the fighting in Ukraine.

Speaking in his state-of-the-nation address, Putin also said that Russia should stand ready to resume nuclear weapons tests if the U.S. does so, a move that would end a global ban on nuclear weapons tests in place since Cold War times.

Explaining his decision to suspend Russia's obligations under New START, Putin accused the U.S. and its NATO allies of openly declaring the goal of Russia's defeat in Ukraine.

“They want to inflict a ‘strategic defeat’ on us and try to get to our nuclear facilities at the same time," he said, declaring his decision to suspend Russia’s participation in the treaty. "In this context, I have to declare today that Russia is suspending its participation in the Treaty on Strategic Offensive Arms.”

New START's official name is The Treaty between the United States of America and the Russian Federation on Measures for the Further Reduction and Limitation of Strategic Offensive Arms.

NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg voiced regret about Putin’s move, saying that “with today’s decision on New START, full arms control architecture has been dismantled.”

"I strongly encourage Russia to reconsider its decision and respect existing agreements,” he told reporters.

Putin argued that while the U.S. has pushed for the resumption of inspections of Russian nuclear facilities under the treaty, NATO allies had helped Ukraine mount drone attacks on Russian air bases hosting nuclear-capable strategic bombers.

The Russian military said that it shot down the Soviet-built drones that struck two bomber bases deep inside Russia in December, but acknowledged that several servicemen were killed by debris that also damaged some aircraft.

Putin on Tuesday mocked NATO's statement urging Russia to allow the resumption of the U.S. inspections of Russian nuclear weapons sites as “some kind of theater of the absurd.”

“The drones used for it were equipped and modernized with NATO's expert assistance,” Putin said. “And now they want to inspect our defense facilities? In the conditions of today's confrontation, it sounds like sheer nonsense.”

He said that a week ago he signed an order to deploy new land-based strategic missiles and asked: “Are they also going to poke their noses there?”

The Russian leader also noted that NATO's statement on New START raises the issue of the nuclear weapons of Britain and France that are part of the alliance's nuclear capability but aren't included in the U.S.-Russian pact.

“They are also aimed against us. They are aimed against Russia,” he said. “Before we return to discussing the treaty, we need to understand what are the aspirations of NATO members Britain and France and how we take it into account their strategic arsenals that are part of the alliance's combined strike potential."

Putin emphasized that Russia is suspending its involvement in New START and not entirely withdrawing from the pact yet.

The New START treaty, signed in 2010 by U.S. President Barack Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, limits each country to no more than 1,550 deployed nuclear warheads and 700 deployed missiles and bombers. The agreement envisages sweeping on-site inspections to verify compliance.

Just days before the treaty was due to expire in February 2021, Russia and the United States agreed to extend it for another five years.

Russia and the U.S. have suspended mutual inspections under New START since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, but Moscow last fall refused to allow their resumption, raising uncertainty about the pact’s future. Russia also indefinitely postponed a planned round of consultations under the treaty.

The U.S. State Department has said that Russia’s refusal to allow the inspections “prevents the United States from exercising important rights under the treaty and threatens the viability of U.S.-Russian nuclear arms control.” It noted that nothing prevents Russian inspectors from conducting inspections of U.S. facilities.

Putin on Tuesday challenged the U.S. assertion, alleging that Washington has rejected some Russian requests for visits to specific U.S. facilities.

“We aren't allowed to conduct full-fledged inspections under the treaty," he said. “We can't really check anything on their side.”

He alleged that the U.S. was working on nuclear weapons and some in the U.S. were pondering plans to resume nuclear tests banned under the global test ban that took effect after the end of the Cold War.

“In this situation, Rosatom (Russia's state nuclear corporation) and the Defense Ministry must ensure readiness for Russian nuclear weapons tests,” Putin said. “We naturally won't be the first to do it, but if the U.S. conducts tests we will also do it. No one should have dangerous illusions that the global strategic parity could be destroyed.”

___

Lorne Cook in Brussels contributed to this report.

https://news.yahoo.com/putin-suspends-russias-involvement-key-112637851.html

On 2/18/2023 at 9:19 PM, Pimpadeaux said:

Why are the stakes? 

13 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Why are the stakes? 

Russia rolls through Europe ala Hitler of course. 

Meh on the treaty thing. These other countries we make deals with never live up to their end. Look at our trade agreements.  

39 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Why are the stakes? 

First off, a Russian victory would mean defeat of NATO and the West. This would be a bad thing. 

Also, it creates frightening instability in that region. Already there is noise that Russia wouldn't stop at Ukraine as Putin tries to put the Soviet band back together.

A Russian victory would give it control over the Black Sea. 

Russia gobbling up Ukraine and fully swallowing Belarus would give it 52 million more people and 500,000 additional square miles of turf - and power.

Based on the atrocities Russia already has committed against Ukrainian civilians, we could see horrific genocide. Russian leaders clearly don't give a rat's ass about torturing and killing innocent people.

Russia taking over Ukraine would have a profound worldwide economic impact. Of the 120 most widely used minerals and metals, 117 are found in Ukraine. It has some of the world's largest reserves of iron or and titanium in addition to huge deposits of coal and lithium. 

It also has been called the "world's breadbasket." Ukraine is the continent's richest agricultural area. The country also has a great tech sector and a kick-ass defense industry that Russia would love to seize in order to bolster its military. 

The world hasn't seen this kind of fockery in the form of madman dictator aggression against an innocent country since Hitler attacked Poland and then decided to go after the rest of Europe and even the Soviet Union.

Putin has to be stopped somewhere, and Ukraine has been a successful place to do that so far, with no U.S. boots on the ground or even our best deadliest stuff rolled into the war, weapons such as long-range missiles and F-16 fighter jets. 

Russian soldiers are dying at a rate of 800 a day. There was a day in January when they saw 5,000 guys killed in one day. That's close to focking D-Day, Iwo Jima and Guadalcanal level fatalities - all in one day. Russia has blown past the number of U.S. soldiers killed in World War I, with some reports showing losses of close to 200,000.

I feel awful for the oppressed Russian people who are seeing so many of their young men come home in body bags and have to live under this crap, and life wouldn't get a whole lot better for them with a Russian victory in Ukraine.

The war in myriad ways is something the world can't afford for Russia to win. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Meh on the treaty thing. These other countries we make deals with never live up to their end. Look at our trade agreements.  

Russia has already walked that back to say it'll still abide by the treaty for the time being but reserves the right to conduct nuclear tests, which seems kind of pointless considering we all have enough nukes to incinerate the planet many times over.

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Cool Russia should just take it then 

The only consequence is that the US won’t control in and Russia would. Bfd

I just posted about what a BFD this is. You should set aside your ignorance cup and research things.

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I just posted about what a BFD this is. You should set aside your ignorance cup and research things.

K and what’s the difference if the us owns it. Nothing. Just you like our global industrial war machine more 

Most of what you posted is opinion piece garbage so no thanks 

the world hasn’t seen dictator aggression like this since hitler 😂 

syria Libya Iraq Afghanistan on and on and on

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

K and what’s the difference if the us owns it. Nothing. Just you like our global industrial war machine more 

Most of what you posted is opinion piece garbage so no thanks 

the world hasn’t seen dictator aggression like this since hitler 😂 

syria Libya Iraq Afghanistan on and on and on

Where you  are substantially wrong here is that the United States would "own" Ukraine. Ukraine is a free-standing democracy that identifies with the West instead of Russia. 

Almost everything I posted are straight-up facts. The only opinion here is the potential broader picture of Putin's end-game intentions.

The Spring Offensive is coming, that's very bad news for Ukraine. Expect an all out blitz from Russia, no holds barred approach. This next calendar year will be crucial to Ukraine's survival. 

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

The Spring Offensive is coming, that's very bad news for Ukraine. Expect an all out blitz from Russia, no holds barred approach. This next calendar year will be crucial to Ukraine's survival. 

I agree with this. Russia is going to hurl hundreds of thousands of troops at Ukraine, and casualties will be horrific on both sides. I just hope the latest weaponry wave gets to the front in time. 

If Ukraine can repel this offensive, that might just be the end of Putin and his regime. 

4 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I agree with this. Russia is going to hurl hundreds of thousands of troops at Ukraine, and casualties will be horrific on both sides. I just hope the latest weaponry wave gets to the front in time. 

If Ukraine can repel this offensive, that might just be the end of Putin and his regime. 

If Putin doesn't take Ukraine in the next year then it's not happening. We just have to hope that a desperate Putin doesn't do anything stupid. That's asking a lot. 

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

If Putin doesn't take Ukraine in the next year then it's not happening. We just have to hope that a desperate Putin doesn't do anything stupid. That's asking a lot. 

True that. It's sickening. 

12 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

True that. It's sickening. 

Yup, Putin is not leaving Ukraine with his tail between his legs, it's just not happening. He'll be sure to destroy it first. 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Yup, Putin is not leaving Ukraine with his tail between his legs, it's just not happening. He'll be sure to destroy it first. 

Hopefully he'll just die, either from whatever ailment he has or he goes out King Joffrey style after someone slips a little something something in his borscht.

I wish Ukraine would consider negotiating away the pro-Russian turf that Russia holds in exchange for ending the war, reparations and agreeing to Ukraine joining NATO to prevent this kind of thing from ever happening again.

But I don't think Ukraine will budge on that any more than Russia will agree to the NATO thing. An agreement that Russian will never again invade won't hold water because there already was an agreement in place for Russia to not do that. That agreement included NATO helping Ukraine if it did.

6 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Hopefully he'll just die, either from whatever ailment he has or he goes out King Joffrey style after someone slips a little something something in his borscht.

I thought for sure that someone in his own circle was going to kill him early on. 

It will probably happen If/when war crimes are officially announced and charges are rendered. 

2 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

But I don't think Ukraine will budge

They'll budge if they start losing western support. If I had to predict the ending... my guess is the war drags on another year or so - stalemate. Eventually western allies - tired of watching billions up in smoke, massive bloodshed, and worried about WW3, tell Ukraine - make a deal because we're cutting off support. Ukraine agrees to officially give up Crimea and not join NATO.

Not the ending I want, nor Ukraine, but seems the most realistic. Hard to see an ending where Ukraine takes back Crimea, kicks out all Russian forces, Russia pays full reparations, and Putin's regime falls apart - with no nukes ever used. From what I've read, Crimea could be the official "red line" for Putin - if that goes, his regime and personal safety become seriously threatened and then nukes become viable.

Regardless, if economic experts are even partly correct Russia might collapse over the coming decades anyway.  Permanently lost Europe as oil/gas customers, permanently lost foreign investment, defaulted on loans so international borrowing will be expensive, sanctioned to the hilt, internationally known as a pariah state which few will trade with, demographic issues with too many old and not enough young, massive brain drain of the few good young they had... etc. Russia is screwed no matter how this turns out. If Ukraine is patient, they might get Crimea back over the coming decades without even a fight.

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

They'll budge if they start losing western support. If I had to predict the ending... my guess is the war drags on another year or so - stalemate. Eventually western allies - tired of watching billions up in smoke, massive bloodshed, and worried about WW3, tell Ukraine - make a deal because we're cutting off support. Ukraine agrees to officially give up Crimea and not join NATO.

Not the ending I want, nor Ukraine, but seems the most realistic. Hard to see an ending where Ukraine takes back Crimea, kicks out all Russian forces, Russia pays full reparations, and Putin's regime falls apart - with no nukes ever used. From what I've read, Crimea could be the official "red line" for Putin - if that goes, his regime and personal safety become seriously threatened and then nukes become viable.

Regardless, if economic experts are even partly correct Russia might collapse over the coming decades anyway.  Permanently lost Europe as oil/gas customers, permanently lost foreign investment, defaulted on loans so international borrowing will be expensive, sanctioned to the hilt, internationally known as a pariah state which few will trade with, demographic issues with too many old and not enough young, massive brain drain of the few good young they had... etc. Russia is screwed no matter how this turns out. If Ukraine is patient, they might get Crimea back over the coming decades without even a fight.

Interesting stuff here. Thanks for posting it.

Meanwhile, in Moldova:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-cancels-decree-underpinning-moldovas-025817741.html

Russia would roll over Moldova in a matter of hours. It has almost no military.

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

First off, a Russian victory would mean defeat of NATO and the West. This would be a bad thing. 

Also, it creates frightening instability in that region. Already there is noise that Russia wouldn't stop at Ukraine as Putin tries to put the Soviet band back together.

A Russian victory would give it control over the Black Sea. 

Russia gobbling up Ukraine and fully swallowing Belarus would give it 52 million more people and 500,000 additional square miles of turf - and power.

Based on the atrocities Russia already has committed against Ukrainian civilians, we could see horrific genocide. Russian leaders clearly don't give a rat's ass about torturing and killing innocent people.

Russia taking over Ukraine would have a profound worldwide economic impact. Of the 120 most widely used minerals and metals, 117 are found in Ukraine. It has some of the world's largest reserves of iron or and titanium in addition to huge deposits of coal and lithium. 

It also has been called the "world's breadbasket." Ukraine is the continent's richest agricultural area. The country also has a great tech sector and a kick-ass defense industry that Russia would love to seize in order to bolster its military. 

The world hasn't seen this kind of fockery in the form of madman dictator aggression against an innocent country since Hitler attacked Poland and then decided to go after the rest of Europe and even the Soviet Union.

Putin has to be stopped somewhere, and Ukraine has been a successful place to do that so far, with no U.S. boots on the ground or even our best deadliest stuff rolled into the war, weapons such as long-range missiles and F-16 fighter jets. 

Russian soldiers are dying at a rate of 800 a day. There was a day in January when they saw 5,000 guys killed in one day. That's close to focking D-Day, Iwo Jima and Guadalcanal level fatalities - all in one day. Russia has blown past the number of U.S. soldiers killed in World War I, with some reports showing losses of close to 200,000.

I feel awful for the oppressed Russian people who are seeing so many of their young men come home in body bags and have to live under this crap, and life wouldn't get a whole lot better for them with a Russian victory in Ukraine.

The war in myriad ways is something the world can't afford for Russia to win. 

I would argue that a Russian victory in the form of annexing the Donbass is a perfect solution.  It allows Putin to save face providing the stability you're concerned about, and now that Russia knows their military sucks, they can't pick any more fights.

9 hours ago, nobody said:

I would argue that a Russian victory in the form of annexing the Donbass is a perfect solution.  It allows Putin to save face providing the stability you're concerned about, and now that Russia knows their military sucks, they can't pick any more fights.

It very much is, but I don't think Ukraine will go for it. The previous point made about the West getting tired of support might play a sad role in all this. Give them Crimea, ask for some reparations and not join NATO?

They're not even talking about this at point, I suppose.

12 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Interesting stuff here. Thanks for posting it.

Meanwhile, in Moldova:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-cancels-decree-underpinning-moldovas-025817741.html

Russia would roll over Moldova in a matter of hours. It has almost no military.

My friend got us steroids from Moldova years back. No military but they probably still have good roids.

2 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

My friend got us steroids from Moldova years back.

Hook me up!

Just now, Pimpadeaux said:

Hook me up!

Lol was like 10 years ago and had to go thru Western Union and who knows maybe they take Bitcoin now. They had good Deca roids.

Unconditional support, as long as it takes. Are you left wingers good with that? 

Glenn Greenwald just killed it on Tucker Carlson tonight. As the kids say:  “He spit straight fire”.   I know it just happened but man if anyone finds it on YouTube, post it. No spin, no nonsense, just straight facts, common sense and logic.  

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

From the guy that brought you “Died Suddenly”

OMG.

32 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Glenn Greenwald just killed it on Tucker Carlson tonight. As the kids say:  “He spit straight fire”.   I know it just happened but man if anyone finds it on YouTube, post it. No spin, no nonsense, just straight facts, common sense and logic.  

The whole show tonight was a powerhouse.  Almost all of it was about Ukraine and East Palestine.  Great guests. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The whole show tonight was a powerhouse.  Almost all of it was about Ukraine and East Palestine.  Great guests. 

I heard half the show. Rusty would be in tears if he actually heard it. Realizing he has been so duped by the liberals he trusts.