Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

What food have you never had that you always wanted to try

29 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Have to admit I've never had Mexican street corn. I would. Just never had the opportunity.

@Bier Meister posted a recipe a while back. We've prolly made it a dozen times since. Definitely recommend. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Have to admit I've never had Mexican street corn. I would. Just never had the opportunity.

7 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

@Bier Meister posted a recipe a while back. We've prolly made it a dozen times since. Definitely recommend. :thumbsup:

I was going to say to wiff that it is very good, he should try it if given the chance.  Didn't realize/remember that Bier gave a recipe.  :thumbsup: 

Fried egg on a burger. 🍔 

I’m a simple man. Some might say simpleton. 🤤 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Fried egg on a burger. 🍔 

Just, just had made a burger with a fried egg. What a great decision.  I'll die sooner of course.

11 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Just, just had made a burger with a fried egg. What a great decision.  I'll die sooner of course.

With bacon? 🥓 

I eat right most of the time but this is something I really, really need to try sometime.

24 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

So it’s win-win. :banana:

16 minutes ago, MDC said:

With bacon? 🥓 

I eat right most of the time but this is something I really, really need to try sometime.

Red Robin has one called the Royal burger with a fried egg, cheese, and bacon.  It's phenomenal.  I turned my kids onto it and they all love it, except I suppose my now-vegan daughter.  🤪

Dang it's been years since I had one.  Now I'm craving it.  Maybe next time I go golfing.  :thumbsup: 

4 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Borderline on one of the veggie burgers out there.  Beyond meat, impossible burger etc.   Never had.   I'm curious how they taste however I'm willing to bet they will taste terrible

I've had both the Beyond Meat and Impossible Burger---don't taste terrible. Not at all like the old veggie soy burgers people were trying to pass off as an alternative a decade ago.  I'd cooked them on the grill, threw em on a bun, they were okay.  Sort like a turkey burger I'd say---like 80% as good as a regular burger.  

I'm sure a better cook than me could probably get them to be pretty good. I had a Beyond quesadilla at Chodoba last year and with the spices, cheese, hot sauce, I couldn't tell the difference at all between that and beef quesadilla. 

58 minutes ago, MDC said:

With bacon? 🥓 

throw avocado and grilled onions on it too. MMMMMMMMM

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

I've had both the Beyond Meat and Impossible Burger---don't taste terrible. Not at all like the old veggie soy burgers people were trying to pass off as an alternative a decade ago.  I'd cooked them on the grill, threw em on a bun, they were okay.  Sort like a turkey burger I'd say---like 80% as good as a regular burger.  

I'm sure a better cook than me could probably get them to be pretty good. I had a Beyond quesadilla at Chodoba last year and with the spices, cheese, hot sauce, I couldn't tell the difference at all between that and beef quesadilla. 

yah but in 30 years, they will be telling us that all the impossible and beyond meats cause cancer.  that's how these things always go.  you need to wait 30 years before really knowing its safe.

9 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

yah but in 30 years, they will be telling us that all the impossible and beyond meats cause cancer.  that's how these things always go.  you need to wait 30 years before really knowing its safe.

I'll probably be gumming my foods in 30 years and wishing i was dead...so don't care.

Apparently there's some kind of fermented beverage made from hops & barley. I guess it's really popular...

15 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I’ve had Kobe burgers and they were no better than a grilled burger I make at home.

Yeah, I think burgerizing Kobe beef is just stupid. Like making mimosas out of Dom Perignon.

On 2/21/2022 at 8:23 PM, MDC said:

With bacon? 🥓 

There is a restaurant by me that won best burger in NJ with their signature burger, fried egg, nice and runny.  It's good.

Burger with fried egg and pork roll, like focking a warm grapefruit.

I have been pretty fortunate in that I have been able to try virtually everything I have wanted to.  I am open to new items though.

On 5/31/2021 at 10:56 AM, Bier Meister said:

just and example... very easy

Mexican Street Corn

when done i typically cut it off of the cobb and toss a little more butter in with it.

On 2/21/2022 at 2:51 PM, wiffleball said:

On 2/21/2022 at 3:22 PM, 5-Points said:

On 2/21/2022 at 3:30 PM, jerryskids said:

I was going to say to wiff that it is very good, he should try it if given the chance.  Didn't realize/remember that Bier gave a recipe.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2022 at 6:49 PM, MDC said:

Fried egg on a burger. 🍔 

Oh man. It’s said to be “invented” in Gus’s Diner on Jericho Turnpike in Garden City Park. The Bullburger was a bacon cheeseburger on a Kaiser roll with a fried egg on top. The egg was supposed to be not cooked through so the yolk would drip on to your French fries. 
Place was a gold mine in the late 80’s. 2 3 in the morning and had to wait for a table. 

2 hours ago, vomit said:

There is a restaurant by me that won best burger in NJ with their signature burger, fried egg, nice and runny.  It's good.

Burger with fried egg and pork roll, like focking a warm grapefruit.

Have you ever been to White Manna?