Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Russell Wilson to Denver

:shocking:

Blockbuster: After weeks of negotiations, in one of the largest trades in NFL history, the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos have agreed to terms for a deal involving Super-Bowl winning QB Russell Wilson, sources tell ESPN. Trade is pending a physical and Wilson’s approval.

Wow. Lol. 

Another top QB gone from the NFC.

Top 11 Qb's AFC - Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Jackson, Wilson?, Lawrence, M. Jones, Carr, Tannehill, Baker
Top 11 Qb's NFC - Rodgers, Stafford, Murray, Dak, Cousins, Garappolo, Ryan, Hurts, Fields, Heinicke, D. Jones

That is a blaring difference in talent level ....imho.

23 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Another top QB gone from the NFC.

Top 11 Qb's AFC - Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, Jackson, Wilson?, Lawrence, M. Jones, Carr, Tannehill, Baker
Top 11 Qb's NFC - Rodgers, Stafford, Murray, Dak, Cousins, Garappolo, Ryan, Hurts, Fields, Heinicke, D. Jones

That is a blaring difference in talent level ....imho.

Lawrence, Jones, Tannehill, Baker?  LOL, you should've stopped at 7.  I think every one you listed in the NFC is better than those 4.

Two first and two seconds mm. 

Great move by the Broncos. What’s the point of buying a race car if you don’t have a good driver. Who benefits more Jeudy or Sutton?

40 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Lawrence, Jones, Tannehill, Baker?  LOL, you should've stopped at 7.  I think every one you listed in the NFC is better than those 4.

I was just picking the top 10, in my opinion, from either Conference.(ended up with 11)  Where do you figure Cousins would fit in the AFC?

1 hour ago, remote controller said:

I was just picking the top 10, in my opinion, from either Conference.(ended up with 11)  Where do you figure Cousins would fit in the AFC?

If I ranked the AFC QB's based what I think their ceilings are, I'd go with...

1. Burrow
  2. Mahomes
  3. Herbert
  4. Allen
  5. Wilson

After that, I'd have Cousins at worst, equal to Jackson because I think Jackson is a very limited QB.  I don't think he has the passing ability to be a top end QB.  I think his athleticism makes up for a certain amount, but unless he gets lucky, a-la a Cam Newton - 2015 type season where you have a great defense, play a soft schedule, and you have great match-ups in the playoffs, I don't envision many playoff wins in Jackson's career.  I'd also put Carr with those two as well.  Tannehill is definitely behind those three.  After that, while it's still early for some of the young guys, I'd say of those other guys in the AFC you mentioned... Lawrence, Jones, Mayfield, I'm not so sure they're even starters in the league in 3 years.

Now, I'm certainly not going to sit here and say that there's a lot of back end talent in the NFC either, I just wouldn't say that there's a big gap.  After the top 5, I think it's a crap shoot across the board.  In the NFC, I'd say the top 5 (ceilings), are...

1. Rodgers
  2. Stafford
  3. Dak
  4. Murray
  5. Cousins

So I basically see 1 guy better in the AFC (Wilson), being markedly better than 1 guy (Cousins), in the NFC.  I'd even go as far to say that Carr, Cousins, Garoppolo, Jackson, & Ryan are at the same level... just have different skill sets to get there.

I don't see much of a difference between M. Jones, Lawrence, Mayfield, D. Jones, Fields, & Hurts.  I think none are starters in 3 years.  :dunno:

I can tell you this... while I have no idea how good or bad Trask will be, as a Tampa fan, I think I'm only 1 season away from finding out if Trask is a top 5 QB in the NFC because the bar is set fairly low.  If Tampa were in the AFC, I'd say top 6.

Forget AFC vs NFC; how 'bout them AFC WEST QBs!

Patrick Mahomes

Russell Wilson

Justin Herbert

Derek Carr

Mahomes, Herbert and Carr were 3 of the top 5 in passing yardage last season; Wilson could get there in Denver just trying to keep up with the other 3.

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think that was the point he was trying to make.

good new for the Texans. We might know more on the fate of Watson this Friday.  Teams seem to still have interest in him. 

Good luck to Wilson and Wagner. Thanks for a decade of relevance and good memories. :cheers:

Now on to the next book.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I think that was the point he was trying to make.

I didn't think so.  It looked like he was saying that after the top 4 or 5 in the NFC, that whole list of AFC guys were a lot better than what was left in the NFC.

13 hours ago, Kopy said:

Good luck to Wilson and Wagner. Thanks for a decade of relevance and good memories. :cheers:

Now on to the next book.

Yeah they will be a hard act to follow. Hope the front office figures it out. Next year is gonna be rough regardless 😭

well, if they are smart they also trade away the WR.  its a waste having WR that good on the roster without a good QB to toss em the ball.

then again, I guess there is still time to work a deal.

in the end, you want a player who wants to be there, and if the rumours about Wilson wanting out are true, better to trade now before the value drops some more.

the biggest mistake a lot of teams make is hanging onto a player too long.   at the end you have a player making way too much money and not producing enough.  (or worse... producing just enough to keep you from getting a top draft pick so you can draft a difference maker)

If I'm a seattle fan, I"m at least happy they decided to rip off the band aid.   now the rebuild begins.

What Wr?

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

What Wr?

Lockett,  DK?

if doing a full rebuild, might as well trade these guys away and get a kings ransom too.

no point keeping them unless you are in the Desean Watson sweepstakes.   

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Lockett,  DK?

if doing a full rebuild, might as well trade these guys away and get a kings ransom too.

no point keeping them unless you are in the Desean Watson sweepstakes.   

Think they would be interested in Watson, keep those WRs.  

Wilson had 7 sacks, lost a fumble & had a pick. Was stuck at a shade over 250 yards passing until the final bomb. 

Best hope I can see for this offense is Javonte in the screen game & Jeudy underneath. Otherwise they’re headed for another long season at Mile High.

I considered Wilson off free agency this week (burrow questionable), but after learning how frustrated Peyton is with Wilson, I'm worried if he turns the ball over and Denver is losing going into half-time against Miami... Peyton might bench him.

Decided to look elsewhere.

I’m holding on Javonte as a 5th RB. That’s about all of want out of Denver. They’re real bad.

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m holding on Javonte as a 5th RB. That’s about all of want out of Denver. They’re real bad.

Would agree, their WRs slot is a horrible nightmare for ff owners.