bostonlager

***80s Hair Rock Song Draft***

3 hours ago, kutulu said:

bedjr :headbanger:

I forgot you like old school tunes. You in?

5 so far. I lean towards more rounds/longer draft because it means we will be digging deeper into the the treasure chest that is hair rock. I will leave this open for a few days, but if there is only a handful of us, I say go 25 rounds. 

• Like 1

Ah fock it. This draft is right up my alley. Sign me up.

I wanted to hold out until I got a better definition of "hair band" but I don't know that it'll be coming. I won't miss out on the fun by being an obstinate idiot.

Sometimes I'm in the mood for Michael Bolton, sometimes I'm in the mood for Metallica. You get a lot of hair with both acts but IMO, neither are hair bands. I intend to use my own tight inner compass of what a hair band is, and meanwhile won't make waves and won't b*tch about anybody else's selection.

I hope draft order gets selected randomly. 

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Ah fock it. This draft is right up my alley. Sign me up.

I wanted to hold out until I got a better definition of "hair band" but I don't know that it'll be coming. I won't miss out on the fun by being an obstinate idiot.

Sometimes I'm in the mood for Michael Bolton, sometimes I'm in the mood for Metallica. You get a lot of hair with both acts but IMO, neither are hair bands. I intend to use my own tight inner compass of what a hair band is, and meanwhile won't make waves and won't b*tch about anybody else's selection.

I hope draft order gets selected randomly. 

Random draft for sure. One of you guys can plug it into one of those generator things and post the results. 

8 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Random draft for sure. One of you guys can plug it into one of those generator things and post the results. 

This/

Have my top three hundred list almost completed by memory. Let’s do this!!!

41 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Have my top three hundred list almost completed by memory. Let’s do this!!!

You are so full of $hit. 
You can't even remember your ATM password vs 300 songs from the 80s

It will be my pleasure to whip your drunk ass in this draft. 

Sig bet? 

26 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

You are so full of $hit. 
You can't even remember your ATM password vs 300 songs from the 80s

It will be my pleasure to whip your drunk ass in this draft. 

Sig bet? 

Definitely a sig bet. Just completed it. Hair bands cat fawker. And am working on another hundred. Numbers???

This ones for you. Numbers???😀😀😘

Looks like 6 is all we are going to get. Let's finalize the rules and regulations and get started. Let me know what you guys want/don't want in the game. 

bostonlager

BunnyBastards

Big Guy

BeenHereBefore

SUX

Voltaire

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Looks like 6 is all we are going to get. Let's finalize the rules and regulations and get started. Let me know what you guys want/don't want in the game. 

bostonlager

BunnyBastards

Big Guy

BeenHereBefore

SUX

Voltaire

Thought I saw a few more. 

12 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Things to discuss:

1) Which bands are hair bands? The lines can get blurry around pop, metal, punk etc...

2) is it only songs released during the 80s? The genre lasted from the late 70s into the early 90s, are we excluding those songs?

3) Are we doing 15 rounds and one song per year as bostonlager laid out?

4) Is there a cap on how many songs we can take by each artist? 

-----

1) This is a pretty good list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_glam_metal_bands_and_artists

2) I'd like to open the catalog to all songs by those groups/individuals even if outside the 80s decade

3) I prefer even numbers in a snake draft. Maybe 16

4) Maybe no more than 2 per band

Sorry, due to time restraints and travelling.....I'm now OUT 

2 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Things to discuss:

1) Which bands are hair bands? The lines can get blurry around pop, metal, punk etc...

2) is it only songs released during the 80s? The genre lasted from the late 70s into the early 90s, are we excluding those songs?

-----

1) This is a pretty good list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_glam_metal_bands_and_artists

2) I'd like to open the catalog to all songs by those groups/individuals even if outside the 80s decade

was really debating that list with the bands in the As. Accept..no way, not a hair band. Alice n Chains..nope.

8 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Things to discuss:

-----

1, The list you provided (excluding a couple) and the list SUX linked look pretty good. Alice N Chains, Pantera, Ozzy Osburne, and Ugly Kid Joe are not hair. I'm okay with all the rest from the wiki link or don't know them. 

2. We will have a requirement from 80 to 89. Songs in the previous or latter decade will need to be one of you wildcards

3. For an even snake we can do 16 rounds and add one more wildcard

4. Doesn't matter to me. 2 cap works. 

Is this it? If it is, one of you guys get us a random draft order and post it. 

bostonlager

BunnyBastards

Big Guy

BeenHereBefore

SUX

Voltaire

Herbivore

Tommy Gavin

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

Is this it? If it is, one of you guys get us a random draft order and post it. 

bostonlager

BunnyBastards

Big Guy

BeenHereBefore

SUX

Voltaire

Herbivore

Tommy Gavin

Scroll up a bit, Big Guy pulled out.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Voltaire said:

Scroll up a bit, Big Guy pulled out.

bostonlager

BunnyBastards

BeenHereBefore

SUX

Voltaire

Herbivore

Tommy Gavin

17 hours ago, bostonlager said:

bostonlager

BunnyBastards

BeenHereBefore

SUX

Voltaire

Herbivore

Tommy Gavin

@edjr Would you be so kind as to give us a random draft order with the names above and add yourself if you want to play?

Thank you, 

I’m slow. What are we drafting - whole bands ? It’s gotta be songs by hair bands. Right ? I didn’t read the whole thread but the subject threw me off. 

1 hour ago, TommyGavin said:

I’m slow. What are we drafting - whole bands ? It’s gotta be songs by hair bands. Right ? I didn’t read the whole thread but the subject threw me off. 

You didn't need the whole thread to know that, just two sentences into the first post.

Sixteen songs

1 for each year from 1980-89 plus six more from any year. "Any year" include songs before or after the 80s so the entire genre is available. Max two songs per band.

These bands qualify https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_glam_metal_bands_and_artists minus Alice N Chains, Pantera, Ozzy Osburne, and Ugly Kid Joe

23 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

You didn't need the whole thread to know that, just two sentences into the first post.

Sixteen songs

1 for each year from 1980-89 plus six more from any year. "Any year" include songs before or after the 80s so the entire genre is available. Max two songs per band.

These bands qualify https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_glam_metal_bands_and_artists minus Alice N Chains, Pantera, Ozzy Osburne, and Ugly Kid Joe

Thank you sir - for the clarifications. 

I guess edjr was too busy to provide a random draft order. One of you guys do it and we will start this thing. 

7 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I guess edjr was too busy to provide a random draft order. One of you guys do it and we will start this thing. 

Alphabetically order ?

18 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

https://www.ultimatesolver.com/en/random-order

You can cut and paste the names in. We use to have one online that provides a verificaition email but I don't know where it is.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

https://www.ultimatesolver.com/en/random-order

You can cut and paste the names in.

1. Voltaire

2. Herbivore

3. Beenherebefore

4. bostonlager

5. SUX

6. bunnybastards

7.TommhyGavin

When you draft put either the year or wildcard so I know where to put it on your scorecard. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

When you draft put either the year or wildcard so I know where to put it on your scorecard. :thumbsup:

How many rounds per day are we doing ?