Cloaca du jour

Media Event!! Jan 6th Propaganda!! Tonight!! Official Thread!!

I am surprised they so easily admitted that.

What the hell? 

I mean, anyone who can think critically can see it.  But the Democratic base is not smart enough to understand this so why risk the base so carelessly?

42 minutes ago, Reality said:

Dog and pony show.

After 889 days, two primetime media blowouts, and countless time wasted that could be spent solving America’s real problems, the partisan January 6 comittee made a humiliating confession: The committee likely won’t be making any criminal referrals.

“Our job is to look at the facts and circumstances around January 6 — what caused it — and make recommendations after that,” Chair Bennie Thompson told reporters after a hearing.

When confronted about the committee potentially recommending criminal charges against former President Donald Trump, Thompson replied: “We don’t have authority.”

Trump would get to defend himself if they bring charges. They do not want that. It’s called discovery. For you dopes on the left, that means the prosecution has to hand over everything they found to the defense, not just the cherry picked and edited presentation they fed to the idiots. When will you fools wake up? Sucks when you have to play by the rules. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Fnord said:

Donald Trump doesn't know how to fix his own toast. He's gonna magically make the oil companies stop gouging us and end the war in Ukraine? You're funny. Trump is done, even if this doesn't end in him being indicted. 

so when he does, will you come back and admit you are wrong?

10 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Biden is going to make the oil companies stop gouging us. He just said so. 

29 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Biden is going to make the oil companies stop gouging us. He just said so. 

by going back on his Pariah status and sucking saudi D1ck?

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

He said he will use emergency powers. And they called the last guy an authoritarian. 

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Hopefully he brings his heavyweight kneepads. 

They impeached Trump like 10 times for bullshlt, hell, they are trying to ger him, but they let biden run free of everything that is destroying this country.

19 hours ago, wiffleball said:

I don't blame them. The last time a republican went to the theater...

I guess that's what you get when you free the slaves.  Democrats get violent.  :dunno:

19 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What would Trump be able to do?

Do?  What do you mean?  He wouldn't have to do anything?  The country was perfectly fine when he was in office.  When Trump took office in January of 2017, the average gas price in the country was $2.458... at the end of 2019 (before COVID), it was $2.645.  The increase in 3 years was only 19 cents.

Sure, gas plummeted in 2020 because there was very little demand, but by the end of 2020, things were pretty close to normal at the end of Trump's term.  The January 2021 gas price was $2.420 which is a little less than what it was when Trump took office.  Meaning, his handling of the situation was working fine.

In comes Biden and stops the pipeline, allows Russia to have a pipeline through Germany, targets the oil companies... and BOOM... gas prices doubled in a year and a half.  By the end of his first year, they went up 50%.

So I ask again, what do you mean when you ask what Trump would do?  The answer is... NOTHING, because he wouldn't have had to.  Liberals in this country pushed the fear that Trump was going to start a war, with Russia (odd because they also claimed the Russian's helped Trump win an election).  Anyway, Putin wasn't going to do squat while Trump was in office because he was afraid to.  Yet, as soon as Biden gets in, it took a whole what... 13 months?

Can't believe this committee has one job-share their findings and they can't even do that!  :mad:  Bunch of BS.

Let's storm the capitol and get these idiots, who's with me?

9 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Can't believe this committee has one job-share their findings and they can't even do that!  :mad:  Bunch of BS.

Let's storm the capitol and get these idiots, who's with me?

lol, insurrection

never forget May 29th, the actual insurrection that didnt get investigated

11 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

There is nothing there. They tried to doctor things up. Just like the impeachments. 

Nothing burger.

17 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That was fast. Not even a day. Clown shoes here lays out a whole essay on all the crimes Trump committed as per the “investigation” and now an indictment doesn’t matter. These jerkoffs never fail to amuse. 

I didn't say an indictment doesn't matter. I hope like hell he does get indicted. But I've seen enough of our politicians at work to know they're probably too cowardly to actually get the DOJ to indict Trump. They're too scared of the reaction of his militant followers, as well as the brain-dead Congressional Republicans that will start investigating and impeaching everyone in sight come next January because they can't face the reality that their party has completely lost their collective minds and care more about liberal tears than any sort of meaningful leadership or policy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trump would get to defend himself if they bring charges. They do not want that. It’s called discovery. For you dopes on the left, that means the prosecution has to hand over everything they found to the defense, not just the cherry picked and edited presentation they fed to the idiots. When will you fools wake up? Sucks when you have to play by the rules. 

This is delusional. You think the Democrats don't want discovery? Trump will do ANYTHING to avoid that. And the irony of suggesting the GOP is playing by the rules is, I'm sure, lost on you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Does what, fix toast? Sure, prove he made his own toast and I'll gladly admit that I was wrong, and he is indeed smart enough to make burnt bread with a simple kitchen appliance.

• Like 1

Just now, Fnord said:

This is delusional. You think the Democrats don't want discovery? Trump will do ANYTHING to avoid that. And the irony of suggesting the GOP is playing by the rules is, I'm sure, lost on you.

do the democrats play by the same rules?

I remember them spending 3 years investigating and wasting money on Russia to overturn the election, but refuse to investigate 2020 cause orange man bad

5 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I didn't say an indictment doesn't matter. I hope like hell he does get indicted. 

Why? He didn't do anything wrong. Even your liberal heroes have admitted it. 

3 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Why is their video editing department saying they can't keep up with requests? Why don't they simply show the footage?

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I remember them spending 3 years investigating and wasting money on Russia to overturn the election, but refuse to investigate 2020 cause orange man bad

fnord doesn't care. He has an agenda to push. He doesn't want to get thrown off track. 

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

Then Why didn’t they have the head of the Capitol police on Jan 6 speak? Or at least read his account? Kinda weird, right? Why isn’t he out there letting the country know what went down that day, and the days prior? 

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

The fact that you believe this means we have little to discuss. The Mueller report did not establish proof of collusion due to the criminal obstruction that Trump and his people committed during the investigation. This obstruction was laid out clearly in the report, but precedent of not charging a sitting president, combined with a hand-picked AG running interference for him, meant that they were able to sell the lie of exoneration to a gullible public. 

• Haha 1

I was wondering what happened to Baghdad  Bob 

27 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then Why didn’t they have the head of the Capitol police on Jan 6 speak? Or at least read his account? Kinda weird, right? Why isn’t he out there letting the country know what went down that day, and the days prior? 

How do you know they haven't and it just hasn't aired yet? And you wouldn't know anyway unless you're watching it, which you're not. What exactly is he going to testify to? That intelligence was roundly ignored by his superiors?

27 minutes ago, Fnord said:

The fact that you believe this means we have little to discuss. The Mueller report did not establish proof of collusion due to the criminal obstruction that Trump and his people committed during the investigation. This obstruction was laid out clearly in the report, but precedent of not charging a sitting president, combined with a hand-picked AG running interference for him, meant that they were able to sell the lie of exoneration to a gullible public. 

ahh yes the investigation that was based on a dossier paid for by the clinton team, but I guess you missed that part

they did their investigation, Trump did nothing to obstruct that, guess what, I dont have to cooperate with someone falsely investigating me either

34 minutes ago, Fnord said:

News Flash: Every President picks their own AG. 

40 minutes ago, Fnord said:

How do you know they haven't and it just hasn't aired yet? And you wouldn't know anyway unless you're watching it, which you're not. What exactly is he going to testify to? That intelligence was roundly ignored by his superiors?

I know they had the guy who replaced his replacement testify. I’m willing to go out on a limb and say he’s not going to testify or are we going to hear his account.  And that’s kinda weird, right? 

3 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

ahh yes the investigation that was based on a dossier paid for by the clinton team, but I guess you missed that part

they did their investigation, Trump did nothing to obstruct that, guess what, I dont have to cooperate with someone falsely investigating me either

Like I said, we have little to discuss.

3 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

News Flash: Every President picks their own AG. 

Gosh, thanks. Most of them try to make at least a passing attempt at choosing one that looks like they will run the Justice dept. in a non-partisan manner. Trump loudly declared he wanted his "Bobby Kennedy" so he could have the AG protecting him. Which Barr did- until even he could no longer stomach the corruption of lying about a stolen election and resigned.

16 hours ago, Fnord said:

Gosh, thanks. Most of them try to make at least a passing attempt at choosing one that looks like they will run the Justice dept. in a non-partisan manner. Trump loudly declared he wanted his "Bobby Kennedy" so he could have the AG protecting him. Which Barr did- until even he could no longer stomach the corruption of lying about a stolen election and resigned.

He should have said wingman, not RFK. The AG being the presidents wingman is acceptable. 

22 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Like I said, we have little to discuss.

Does that mean you will stop posting your constant drivel? That would be nice.

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Does that mean you will stop posting your constant drivel? That would be nice.

it is best to lead by example.

4 hours ago, Fnord said:

which AG hasn't been partisan?  I will hang up and wait

36 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Libs don't like this thread anymore.

If not. I agree.

I don't have any insight to contribute since I'm ignoring this hack job committee following so closely on the Depp/Heard court hearing I didn't give a fock about either. The Ukraine/Russia war is in the boring stalemate mode, the economy is going down the toilet, trannies have taken over pop culture, and Amerikan kids are taught to hate the country and attend drag queen reading hour.

Jeebus fock. The news sucks. I want to talk about Matlock or something.

• Sad 1

More partisan dog and pony show.

Retired federal judge J. Michael Luttig, a Republican statement to January 6th committee(excerpt)

Full Statement

A stake was driven through the heart of American democracy on January 6, 2021, and our democracy today is on a knife’s edge.

America was at war on that fateful day, but not against a foreign power. She was at war against herself. We Americans were at war with each other -- over our democracy.

January 6 was but the next, foreseeable battle in a war that had been raging in America for years, though that day was the most consequential battle of that war even to date. In fact, January 6 was a separate war unto itself, a war for America’s democracy, a war irresponsibly instigated and prosecuted by the former president, his political party allies, and his supporters. Both wars are raging to this day.

A peaceful end to these wars is desperately needed. The war for our democracy could lead to the peaceful end to the war for America’s cultural heart and soul. But if a peaceful end to the war for America’s democracy is not achievable, there is little chance for a peaceful end to that war. The settlement of this war over our democracy is necessary to the settlement of any war that will ever come to America, whether from her shores or to her shores. Though disinclined for the moment, as a political matter of fact only the party that instigated this war over our democracy can bring an end to that war. Like our war from a distant time, these twin wars are “testing whether th[is] nation or any nation . . . so conceived in Liberty . . . can long endure.” We must hope that January 6 was the final battle of at least the deadly war for America’s democracy.

The war on democracy instigated by the former president and his political party allies on January 6 was the natural and foreseeable culmination of the war for America. It was the final fateful day for the execution of a well-developed plan by the former president to overturn the 2020 presidential election at any cost, so that he could cling to power that the American People had decided to confer upon his successor, the next president of the United States instead. Knowing full well that he had lost the 2020 presidential election, the former president and his allies and supporters falsely claimed and proclaimed to the nation that he had won the election, and then he and they set about to overturn the election that he and they knew the former president had lost.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Fnord said:

17 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He should have said wingman, not RFK. The AG being the presidents wingman is acceptable. 

Damn, you beat me to it.    I was going to say "Eric Holder is waiting on line 1 to talk to you. . ."   

I sense they feel helpless and hopeless, that that this mock tribunal is all they think will work now.