Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Do liberals know the difference between a democracy and a constitutional republic?

I keep hearing liberals talk unabashedly about we need to preserve our democracy. Our democracy is at risk. Oh dear, our poor democracy is in jeopardy.

WE MUST SAVE OUR DEMOCRACY!!!!

Every time I hear these idiots speak they are saying our democracy is at risk. 

Do they even know what the fock they are talking about? I'm sure those at the top want to instill into their idiot voters that the nation was set up on pure democracy. And I bet most democrats think it was. 

Maybe this is why democrats are trying to change the history books? Wipe out remnants of the past and replace them with something else?

Do you wake up worrying about liberals? Do you like check under the bed before you go to sleep at night for liberals? If you get ass cancer, I'm sure you can find a way to blame liberals. Maybe expand your horizons a bit?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

"No".    Do I win a prize for getting the answer right?    

Interesting corollary to that - the founders avoided going full democracy because they were afraid of the mob rule aspect of it.    It worked for about 250 years. . . 

8 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Do you wake up worrying about liberals? Do you like check under the bed before you go to sleep at night for liberals? If you get ass cancer, I'm sure you can find a way to blame liberals. Maybe expand your horizons a bit?

They run the country. Isn't that enough? Just because your drunk ass doesn't know what's going on in this country these days doesn't mean it's not happening. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Masshole said:

"No".    Do I win a prize for getting the answer right?    

Interesting corollary to that - the founders avoided going full democracy because they were afraid of the mob rule aspect of it.    It worked for about 250 years. . . 

You win the prize of knowledge. 

And most people don't give enough credit to the founding father's brilliance. 

If we are going to pick nits, we are not a pure constitutional republic either because we do allow citizens to vote on some issues. We are a hybrid constitutional republic/democracy.

If you want to bash a group of people for being technically wrong then you should be technically correct. It is like correcting someones spelling and making a grammatical error.

When someone says we are a democracy they do not mean in the academic sense. Most people use democracy to mean any system where the people vote and the votes matter. Which is a fine way to use that term even though it is not technically accurate.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

If we are going to pick nits, we are not a pure constitutional republic either because we do allow citizens to vote on some issues. We are a hybrid constitutional republic/democracy.

If you want to bash a group of people you might want to get your facts straight.

When someone says we are a democracy they do not mean in the academic sense.

Not true. Just because some want to warp the idea of the constitution doesn't make you correct. 

28 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I keep hearing liberals talk unabashedly about we the need to preserve our democracy. Our democracy is at risk(Sentence fragment, consider revising). Oh dear, our poor democracy is in jeopardy.

WE MUST SAVE OUR DEMOCRACY!!!!  (Should this be part of the last paragraph?)

Every time I hear these idiots speak they are saying our democracy is at risk. 

Do they even know what the fock they are talking about? I'm sure those at the top want to instill into their idiot voters that the nation was set up on pure democracy. And I bet most democrats think it was.  (sentence started with And, consider replacing the . with a ,)

Maybe this is why democrats are trying to change the history books? Wipe out remnants of the past and replace them with something else? (Sentence fragment consider revising)

Technical corrections are in bold.

1 minute ago, MTSkiBum said:

Technical corrections are in bold.

"We need to preserve" is what I heard many say. 

"Our democracy is at risk." Was after a pause. New sentence. 

No. I'm not including it as part of the last paragraph as I'm highlighting it.

"And" is just fine and conforms to English grammar.

No fragment. It is acceptable continuation of a previous sentence.

We have another mooney on the board. He can't handle the topic, and therefore runs on to another approach to disrupt.  

17 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

When someone says we are a democracy they do not mean in the academic sense. Most people use democracy to mean any system where the people vote and the votes matter. Which is a fine way to use that term even though it is not technically accurate.

We'll come to you next time we want a tutorial on what people mean when they say things.  :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

We'll come to you next time we want a tutorial on what people mean when they say things.  :thumbsup:

There is no doubt, that there is a liberal agenda to overuse the word 'democracy'. They have had the constitution in their crosshairs for a while now. 

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

There is no doubt, that there is a liberal agenda to overuse the word 'democracy'. They have had the constitution in their crosshairs for a while now. 

Yeah, they use it over and over for a purpose. Propaganda.

Nothing threatens the integrity of our democracy more than when government officials put their public office up for sale. 

~Trump

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Me signing this bill says : Florida, your vote counts, your vote is going to be cast with integrity and transparency and this is a great place for democracy.

– Ron DeSantis

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Tucker Carlson.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-democracy-functioning

Well, let's see: Another way to describe democracy is popular representation. It's a synonym. When the government does what citizens want it to do, you have a democracy. And when it doesn't, you don't. You no longer have a free country that is ruled by its people. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I don't care that they "misuse" that term, and I am agreeing with Tucker's assessment of the word.

I can agree with someone regardless of their political affiliation and would not stoop to bashing a group of people over a technicality.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I don't care that they "misuse" that term, and I am agreeing with Tucker's assessment of the word.

My point is I care that they misuse the term. Because I think they have an ulterior motivation.  I don't think they want to adhere to the constitution. And Carlson's comments are simply to outline that the people are more important than the government. He's not saying the constitution comes second to anything. Although, I can't tell from that brief post what he was speaking to. If he thinks we should be a pure democracy, he would be wrong. 

If you want to listen to brilliant constitutionalist, listen to Mark Levin.

David Webb is also a good listen. He's the guy who some black politician lady asked him about how he got to be where he was, and he told her, and then she responded to how he is a good example of having white privilege. Then he let her know he's black. She stuttered for a while after that. :lol: 

Anyway. My point is, democrats have been pushing the word 'democracy' well beyond its meaning. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Utoilet takes another beating. Never gets old. :first: 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Ancient Greece = Democracy (gay, degenerates) 

Rome = Republic (very high Chad energy)

2 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

If you want to bash a group of people for being technically wrong then you should be technically correct. It is like correcting someones spelling and making a grammatical error.

im pretty sure hes talking at the federal level, since thats what everyone is almost always referring to in these matters.  we dont allow citizens to vote on issues in federal matters.

25 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Ancient Greece = Democracy (gay, degenerates) 

Rome = Republic (very high Chad energy)

What have the Romans ever done for us?

I'm sure UToilet also doesn't call a personal watercrafts a "Jet ski", an adhesive bandage a "Band-Aid" or generic hook and loop fasteners "Velcro" unless he's using the actual brand.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Well, it seems to be either that or the enigmous "white supremacists" use to instill fear in the leftists shock troops

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I'm sure UToilet also doesn't call a personal watercrafts a "Jet ski", an adhesive bandage a "Band-Aid" or generic hook and loop fasteners "Velcro" unless he's using the actual brand.  

Like Kotex? 

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Don't forget about facial tissues instead of Kleenex to wipe away tears when complaining about everything that bothers him.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Don't forget about facial tissues instead of Kleenex to wipe away tears when complaining about everything that bothers him.

Is there anything that doesn’t make Utoilet feel butthurt and aggrieved? :( 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Is there anything that doesn’t make Utoilet feel butthurt and aggrieved? :( 

Him and HT seem to be bothered by something every day.  I would say they are miserable but I think they actually enjoy being that way.

32 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Him and HT seem to be bothered by something every day.  I would say they are miserable but I think they actually enjoy being that way.

Says the board "moderate" that goes fights for liberal policy. 

So the answer is no. Liberals don't know the difference. 

Got it. 

36 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Careful: He’ll sadface your posts! :D 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Careful: He’ll sadface your posts! :D 

That's your deal.

Go back to calling everyone a racist that doesn't vote the way you do troll. mdcack to the rescue! Troll away!

56 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

A Democracy and Constitutional Republic are two different forms of government and are not interchangeable.

14 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

A Democracy and Constitutional Republic are two different forms of government and are not interchangeable.

Yep. Right on this site alone democrats who claim to have knowledge of things are proven to not know the difference.

Small sample but it is 100% conclusive on this site. mdcack is leading the charge on it as well. 

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

You win the prize of knowledge. 

And most people don't give enough credit to the founding father's brilliance. 

YEP! There is a reason they worded the 2nd the way they did & for good reasons.....

1 minute ago, Nomad99 said:

YEP! There is a reason they worded the 2nd the way they did & for good reasons.....

It's to keep people down the rode from calling this government a full on democracy. If the liberals had their way, the constitution would be flushed down the toilet or turned into a old version of Mad Magazine. 

Tucker Carlson talking last week about threats to our democracy!!

This is different than the other Tucker article I linked.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-joe-biden-himself-questioning-fairness-elections

The fact that large numbers of Americans believe democracy isn't real may itself be the biggest threat to our democracy because in order for our system to work, the population has to believe that it works. In other words, that our elections are fair and transparent and therefore legitimate. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Tucker Carlson talking last week about threats to our democracy!!

This is different than the other Tucker article I linked.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-joe-biden-himself-questioning-fairness-elections

The fact that large numbers of Americans believe democracy isn't real may itself be the biggest threat to our democracy because in order for our system to work, the population has to believe that it works. In other words, that our elections are fair and transparent and therefore legitimate. 

I started a new thread on it. Why do you care so much about carlson?

Why do you think I care?

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I started a new thread on it. Why do you care so much about carlson?

Why do you think I care?

I am just trying to point out that this is a non-issue and that both sides correctly refer to our country as a democracy, even though that is not a technically correct statement.

I could create a thread that argues that a tomato is a fruit and not a vegetable, and it would be very similar to this thread. That is all i am trying to state.

I think Liberals would base their position on this acutely on which one allows for the best virtue-signalling, and not actually care about either one.