wiffleball

What have I been saying for a long freaking time?

Our idiot liberal legislators have been touting the idea that marijuana is just cheap and fun and easy and safe! Except it's not the twigs and crap that you and I used to smoke when we were kids. This stuff will blow the back of your f****** skull out.  

And yeah, not to go all Nancy Reagan on you, but it is a gateway drug now. Because it is so God damn powerful. I've seen it I've watched it I know it.

People getting f***** up in the head, they're throwing away their families their lives their jobs, their health.

But what pisses me off the most? In colorado, man bosses and managers and owners will go out with their employees and smoke weed and think 'oh this is fun we're just cohorts smoking a cigarette! " No, you're not. And by the way, these are the same people that would fire a guy if he had beer on his breath.  And if you think I'm kidding, no s***, we actually tried to pass a law that would make firing people for being stoned on the job illegal. But not booze.  And I'd be shocked if there's one person in Colorado who's ever gotten a DUI for weed intoxication. 

I mean, I deal with these people everyday, and they just literally think that booze is just awful! But smoking weed? That's just a social thing. Nobody's ever done anything stupid while smoking weed. Except I've watched an entire line of cooks not serve a f****** plate for an hour during a rush because the printer ran out of paper.

God, Colorado's behavioral and mental health issues, criminal issues, homelessness went up  by literally thousands of percent.

If we exist as a planet in 100 years? Those kids are going to look back on us like we look back on the morons who thought that cocaine was a fantastic wonder drug, and heroin was just dandy! And uppers were fantastic for our housewives and athletes.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/27/health/marijuana-emergencies-hospitalization-study-wellness/index.html

• Like 1

C'mon Is not that strong and just smoke some and still remember what I will eat before bed. Never been a gateway drug for me and only do that and beer. It's a bit stronger still no gateway way drug. They ones that go to stronger drugs would go there no matter what.  They chase the ultimate high!

I support legalization.

The people that use will become less competitive, and maybe die, since our family is not comprised of dumbasses we wont get involved, others will die or end up homeless, and that is just fine.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

When I left the country, it was illegal, yet not uncommon, coast to coast. Now it's legal in half the country, including Michigan.

I don't have my pulse on the situation. It sounds like legalization was a bad idea.

I and all of my 420 friends are smarter and more successful than everyone on this website.

5 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I and all of my 420 friends are smarter and more successful than everyone on this website.

With bigger cacks and hotter wives, no doubt.  Sadly the whole world isn't made of you.  Yes, pot is WAYYYY stronger today, and mostly legal, so many kids are gone forever. 

• Like 1

From what I've seen and experienced, this is a pretty significant contributing factor to the so-called great resignation.

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

From what I've seen and experienced, this is a pretty significant contributing factor to the so-called great resignation.

wiff, this isn't the 1st time I have agreed with you.  But it might be the first time you are saying exactly what I have been saying to people around me.  And I am a huge MJ proponent, but it's like going to a bar and all they have is grain alcohol.  What would be the result of that?

• Thanks 1

I would have a serious discussion on this subject, but my fear is that it will be sidetracked.

I am for legalization, but I think what they have now in Colorado is crazy. I would be afraid of having my kids living there based on my experience in the 20's. Teenagers and young adults should not have free access to 20%+ THC weed.

I think Colorado needs to step up and put hard limits on what can be sold or put a progressive tax based on the THC content to keep the good stuff out of the hands of the regular users in Colorado.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

With bigger cacks and hotter wives, no doubt.  Sadly the whole world isn't made of you.  Yes, pot is WAYYYY stronger today, and mostly legal, so many kids are gone forever. 

It is kind of sad that there are not more people like me. Yes, weed is certainly stronger, which is awesome.

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Yes, weed is certainly stronger, which is awesome.

Sometimes, but it's also nice to be buzzed for a couple of hours, not half a day (or more).

19 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Sometimes, but it's also nice to be buzzed for a couple of hours, not half a day (or more).

yeah, not a flex, but I don't get too affected

28 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

It is kind of sad that there are not more people like me. Yes, weed is certainly stronger, which is awesome.

I know, we successful people would like more people like you to beat up on a daily basis. Just to let off a little steam. 

1 minute ago, sderk said:

I know, we successful people would like more people like you to beat up on a daily basis. Just to let off a little steam. 

whatever sderp

Just now, Herbivore said:

whatever sderp

Wow. How clever. You must be really successful.

2 minutes ago, sderk said:

Wow. How clever. You must be really successful.

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

32 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I am not anti-weed, I go to Colorado multiple times per year. I have a season pass at a ski area and I am going for a couple weeks to visit my family in July.

What happens in Colorado, stays in Colorado :ninja:

But that is not healthy on a daily basis, it is too strong and wiffles link proves it with confidence.

Just now, Herbivore said:

I would challenge that and win. 

2 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

I am not anti-weed, I go to Colorado multiple times per year. I have a season pass at a ski area and I am going for a couple weeks to visit my family in July.

But that is not healthy on a daily basis, it is too strong and wiffles link proves it with confidence.

I would say you are going a bit too far with "proves it with confidence"

3 minutes ago, sderk said:

I would challenge that and win. 

Like he has four hundred and twenty friends... 🙄

Just now, wiffleball said:

Like he has four hundred and twenty friends... 🙄

Maybe it's like that Thorogood song. I drink alone. And then all the booze names come up.

If you want to be a loser doper, then be a loser doper...  Just keep that crap indoors where you live, not out in the open where anyone can smell that crap...

4 minutes ago, posty said:

If you want to be a loser doper, then be a loser doper...  Just keep that crap indoors where you live, not out in the open where anyone can smell that crap...

Seriously. I can smell it reeking from a car driving by. That's some nasty s***.

This is exactly like the gun argument.  You could ban all weed/guns tomorrow and the only thing it would do is give you less control. Everyone that wants weed/guns can get them and by banning them the only thing you are doing is hurting the responsible users.  Plus the loss of all the tax revenue, huge dollars.

8 minutes ago, Horseman said:

This is exactly like the gun argument.  You could ban all weed/guns tomorrow and the only thing it would do is give you less control. Everyone that wants weed/guns can get them and by banning them the only thing you are doing is hurting the responsible users.  Plus the loss of all the tax revenue, huge dollars.

How do you deal with fentanyl? 

48 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

There is also compelling evidence of medicinal benefits, particularly for my afflictions and treatments.  

I suspect that it is like many things, and you allude to it:  it's good in moderation.  Like a glass of red wine vs. a fifth of booze.

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

There is also compelling evidence of medicinal benefits, particularly for my afflictions and treatments.  

I suspect that it is like many things, and you allude to it:  it's good in moderation.  Like a glass of red wine vs. a fifth of booze.

It is not just weed that is 10 times stronger than it should be, there is also edibles and other weed derived products that let you get alot of THC in your system.

Many of the long term studies that showed that weed was not harmful were all done when people were not imbibing anywhere close to the amount of THC that most people use today.

I think we will see more studies like this one over the next decade.

I don't care if people get stoned or drunk, but feel they should do it safely at home

I don't like the thought of anybody stoned or drunk on the job, unless you're an entertainer

12 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

I don't care if people get stoned or drunk, but feel they should do it safely at home

I don't like the thought of anybody stoned or drunk on the job, unless you're an entertainer

Not sure there is any SAFELY at home depending on how they act when drunk or high. 

Some people do it safely, some get weird and sometimes flat out dangerous. 

:dunno: 

25 minutes ago, sderk said:

Not sure there is any SAFELY at home depending on how they act when drunk or high. 

Some people do it safely, some get weird and sometimes flat out dangerous. 

:dunno: 

I mean do it at home so you're not a danger to society, getting crazy out and about

3 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Close the border.

100%   Nobody comes in.   :thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I don't see the big deal and I don't see how it could be any worse than alcohol.

It's not. 

4 hours ago, lod001 said:

It's not. 

So, why is it that you can get fired for showing up with beer on your breath. But you can smoke weed with your f****** boss on the job?

#reality

11 hours ago, Horseman said:

Close the border.

Yeah, the problem is, that s***'s coming from asia via Canada. And they're just might be a few lakes involved.  which border are you talking about?

#not my first f****** rodeo