craftsman

Trump's residence raided by the FBI

Does a vice president have declassification authority?   That would have to be the case wouldn't it?

9 minutes ago, dogcows said:

You don’t know that. As I said before, if he wanted to cover up lost documents that NARA forgot or never knew about, they could all have been burned and nobody ever would have known.

Instead, he did the right thing and reported them immediately upon finding them.

The most likely explanation is that they were accidentally packed in with personal documents and forgotten about until somebody went digging through them for whatever reason. I’ve seen nothing that indicates anything other than that happened, so it makes sense to go with that unless and until we see any other evidence.

I would have given Trump the same benefit of the doubt, except in his case, he refused to return the documents for 6 months and the DOJ had to get a court order to come and get them.

No I do know that, but I cannot prove it.  That is "my truth" in the words of the Liberal cult.  I am sure that if we replaced Biden in this scenario with Trump ole Vindeman would happily make the same leap....

We now they knew about these BEFORE the mid terms, no announcement...and we know there was plenty of opportunity to "do the right thing" that was not done.  That is a key reason why even the disciples in media outlets that would normally move to protect Biden are less inclined to do so now...

Of course this was all a mistake. It was not purposeful....and if you hold a clearance you also know that does not matter when it comes to exposure of classified material, intent is only relevant when you attempt to sell it.

I honestly do not care that Biden did this, I bet there is plenty if this stuff out there.  The rub here is that Biden used it as a bludgeon against Trump, when he had done the same thing himself.....

You see this fits neatly with the ongoing action that the Democrats always blame their political opponents for the things they are actually doing....and they are bullies...and who does not like it when the bully gets it back on them?

Anyone besides me worried that people are just walking out of the white house with classified documents and no one seems to realize it?

The bigger issue here than holding Biden's feet to the fire is that we don't have adequate controls on classified material.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nobody said:

Does a vice president have declassification authority?   That would have to be the case wouldn't it?

The president does. And he can declassify old documents. So Biden could have declassified these as soon as he found them. I do think they’d still need to be returned to NARA though per the presidential records act.

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

We now they knew about these BEFORE the mid terms, no announcement...and we know there was plenty of opportunity to "do the right thing" that was not done.  That is a key reason why even the disciples in media outlets that would normally move to protect Biden are less inclined to do so now...

They were properly reported to the authorities and returned. The press was not notified though. There is no requirement to notify the press, so what is the problem?

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

Anyone besides me worried that people are just walking out of the white house with classified documents and no one seems to realize it?

The bigger issue here than home ng Biden's feet to the fire is that we don't have adequate controls on classified material.

Why do we have so many paper classified documents too? All this could be digital with 256-bit encryption. Most other agencies are doing this almost all digital.

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

The president does. And he can declassify old documents. So Biden could have declassified these as soon as he found them. I do think they’d still need to be returned to NARA though per the presidential records act.

He took them when he was vice president and kept them all for years while Trump was president. You don't make sense.

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Declassify them retroactively?  

3 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Wow. Lay off the weed man 

16 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Great argument.

Your response was incredibly stupid, what do you think needs to be argued?

When you post something that stupid, it proves to the rest of us that you're an actual idiot.

:dunno:

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

Declassify them retroactively?  

Not sure why it would have to be retroactive.

As for the question of the VP de-classifying, here is the executive order from Obama that is still in effect.

https://www.archives.gov/isoo/policy-documents/cnsi-eo.html

It designates the Pres or VP as the top level people who can classify documents. So I assume that applies to declassifying as well.

Sec. 1.3. Classification Authority.

(a) The authority to classify information
originally may be exercised only by:

(1) the President and the Vice President;
(2) agency heads and officials designated by the President; and….

The declassification section is more complicated, and I’m not a lawyer, but it seems like the VP could also declassify.

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Your response was incredibly stupid, what do you think needs to be argued?

When you post something that stupid, it proves to the rest of us that you're an actual idiot.

:dunno:

Super argument again. The emoji really sealed it.

4 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Why do we have so many paper classified documents too? All this could be digital with 256-bit encryption. Most other agencies are doing this almost all digital.

Well there's need-to-know implications where you're not supposed to share info with someone who even has the clearance unless there is a need-to-know.

What that turns into is the classified computer systems are air gapped, but also even when the encrypted networks are set up, you can't co-mingle data on one system due to need-to-know, so that means you'd either need to have links into the white house for these thousands of disparate classified  information systems, or they just create a doc.  Even if they delivered a CD, they'd have to be aware of not co-mingling for what they'd call a high-to-high transfer.

But even for paper docs, they should be inventoried and accounted for in a safe.  They probably just got loose with the policies, but they need to tighten that shìt up.  

Just now, nobody said:

Well there's need-to-know implications where you're not supposed to share info with someone who even has the clearance unless there is a need-to-know.

What that turns into is the classified computer systems are air gapped, but also even when the encrypted networks are set up, you can't co-mingle data on one system due to need-to-know, so that means you'd either need to have links into the white house for these thousands of disparate classified  information systems, or they just create a doc.  Even if they delivered a CD, they'd have to be aware of not co-mingling for what they'd call a high-to-high transfer.

But even for paper docs, they should be inventoried and accounted for in a safe.  They probably just got loose with the policies, but they need to tighten that shìt up.  

The government is moving to a zero trust framework, where each document can only be opened with specific credentials. So the tech exists for this all to be digital. And it is more secure that way too. A paper document can… end up in a closet in Florida or Delaware mixed in with pictures of somebody’s kids.

12 minutes ago, dogcows said:

They were properly reported to the authorities and returned. The press was not notified though. There is no requirement to notify the press, so what is the problem?

If you do not see the problem then I surmise we will never agree on this point. 

6 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The government is moving to a zero trust framework, where each document can only be opened with specific credentials. So the tech exists for this all to be digital. And it is more secure that way too. A paper document can… end up in a closet in Florida or Delaware mixed in with pictures of somebody’s kids.

That's true, but I became aware of zero-trust frameworks probably a year ago which means it was probably around for 3 years.  By the time the government actually adopts it and then mandates the legacy information systems get updated, you're talking a billion dollars and 15 years from now.

22 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Good point.  Hillary could have helped Biden set up a server and everything.  :thumbsup: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

That's true, but I became aware of zero-trust frameworks probably a year ago which means it was probably around for 3 years.  By the time the government actually adopts it and then mandates the legacy information systems get updated, you're talking a billion dollars and 15 years from now.

It’s actually already in active use in the DoD. They are expanding its usage as well, and it will be widespread in more like 15 months, not 15 years. The sooner, the better. And it will probably cost more than a billion, but hey our defense budget is 700+ billion each year, so no problem

https://www.defense.gov/News/Releases/Release/Article/3225919/department-of-defense-releases-zero-trust-strategy-and-roadmap/

25 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I honestly do not care that Biden did this, I bet there is plenty if this stuff out there.  The rub here is that Biden used it as a bludgeon against Trump, when he had done the same thing himself.....

Normally I'd agree with you but not in this case.  In 2018 Hunter Biden claimed to own the house where the classified documents were found, and it just came out that his drivers license reflects this as his address as well.  This is at the time he was doing business with countries that are not our friends.  He had access to classified documents.  And the evidence shows Joe was very involved in Hunter's businesses, regardless of how much he says he wasn't.   Now, remember, we're only getting back the classified documents Biden and his lawyers WANT us to get.  This playbook is eerily similar to what the government allowed Hitlery to do with her e-mail server.  They're being allowed to sanitize the data so they look like yeah we broke a law but there wasn't anything nefarious to it.   If Trump's kids were dealing with China and the Russians and had access to classified documents that whole family would be sitting in a cell right now.  It's unbelievable no one is putting all this together. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RLLD said:

If you do not see the problem then I surmise we will never agree on this point. 

What does the press have a right to know about? When do they have a right to know about it?

For example, I could argue that the press had a right to know about Anthony Weiner’s laptop. I can also argue that a government official releasing that info right before an election was NOT a good thing.

It seems to me this falls into a similar category. Comey f-ed up by releasing info that turned out to be a nothingburger right before an election. It would have been foolhardy for somebody from the National Archives to have done the same.

5 minutes ago, dogcows said:

What does the press have a right to know about? When do they have a right to know about it?

For example, I could argue that the press had a right to know about Anthony Weiner’s laptop. I can also argue that a government official releasing that info right before an election was NOT a good thing.

It seems to me this falls into a similar category. Comey f-ed up by releasing info that turned out to be a nothingburger right before an election. It would have been foolhardy for somebody from the National Archives to have done the same.

The press is supposed to be our hedge, our guard, against power.... they stand as a sentinel against the powerful and their misdeeds.....at least they used  to d that before the Obama administration groomed them into Democrat allies.

So WE have the right to know...."I" have that right and so do you. I am not willing to sacrifice my right to know the misdeeds of the powerful. 

The press should be making sure I know....and the reason Biden et al waited was because IF people knew, they might vote Democrat less than hoped.  So these people conspired to hide their misdeeds to secure power. 

And once it was clear that would be exposed....THEN they let it be known. I assure you, there is more behind Biden than just this.  And we will likely not uncover it all, but to pretend he is not corrupt....and not acting to serve his own interests is debunked by this very scenario....

What’s the holdup? They have him dead to rights, right? 

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

to parrot MSNBC & CNN it was Trump with nuclear secrets!!

11 minutes ago, shadrap said:

to parrot MSNBC & CNN it was Trump with nuclear secrets!!

Another version of the pee tape they took seriously. 

On 9/1/2022 at 5:08 PM, Mike Honcho said:

more like..."wait, he has 33 boxes of documents he's not supposed to have, is ignoring subpoenas to return them, is having his lawyer sign false affidavits; oh and there are the highest levels of classified documents all over a RESORT..first person who can't name a crime he's committed has to buy drinks tonight".

:lol:

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Durham took 4 years to write a nasty worded letter. Let’s give ‘em some time here.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2022 at 3:30 PM, Pimpadeaux said:

Like nuclear-weapons information. The last thing this country needs is for that fat, deranged fock to be wiping has ass with nuclear-weapons information.

Fockin clown. Lol. 🤣🤡

On 5/15/2023 at 10:08 PM, thegeneral said:

Durham took 4 years to write a nasty worded letter. Let’s give ‘em some time here.

Best summary of the Durham report I’ve seen.  Just plain nailed it. 💯

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

And you’re right to feel that way. So maybe not vote for him again? 

Hilarious.  Watch out for this guy!