polecatt

Dak out multiple weeks

Ouch that’s a tough one.  

6-8 weeks they're saying, probably gonna go on IR

Is cooper rush there best backup? He didn't look to promising 

7 minutes ago, joeshushu said:

Who else they got?

Will Grier on there practice squad ...think they need to sign cam newton or a Jimmy g type player if they got any playoff hopes

As if Dallas's depleted o-line wasn't bad enough. Now they're totally screwed.

Seems the Eagles are being gifted the NFC East.

I hope we don’t give up a lot to being in a washed up QB. We have too many issues beyond an injured Dak Prescott who by the way looked like crap.

This is a good team even with a healthy Dak at QB. 

Yea never heard of Will but you guys are much more savvy than I.  I doubt Jimmy G comes over.  The way Trey looked last night he may be back in their lineup. 👀

Pretty sure Jimmy G has a no trade clause. Doubt he would wave it for a 2 month job.

• Like 1

I'm hearing ideas kicked around like Tyler Huntley, Dalton, and other guys... I think the Cowboys stand pat and take their lumps for 8 weeks.... Dalton knows the offense, but I doubt they would give up much for him, and I'm not sure that they'd win any more games than they would with Rush at qb.

I wonder why everyone is assuming teams will trade their backup qbs away to Dallas.  Teams invest in that position for a reason.  Why would they make dallas' lack of foresight their problem?

2 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Is cooper rush there best backup? He didn't look to promising 

He's the back up right now. Not much experience but he played excellent in the one game he started last season in the game Dak missed. Lead them to a win on the road in Minnesota.

It's not much but it's all we've really seen of him. Honestly, I think he's their best bet instead of overpaying for a mediocre QB, again.

Could be another Tony Romo?

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

I wonder why everyone is assuming teams will trade their backup qbs away to Dallas.  Teams invest in that position for a reason.  Why would they make dallas' lack of foresight their problem?

well, if the backup is an older player I think you do.

Dalton is past the point of being a building block.   hes serviceable and capable.   but in New Orleans they think they are a playoff team and I dont know if they are fully sold on Winston, so Dalton may be more valuable to them as their backup.

so unless Dallas makes a really sweet offer, that deal likely isnt on the table.

23 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, if the backup is an older player I think you do.

Dalton is past the point of being a building block.   hes serviceable and capable.   but in New Orleans they think they are a playoff team and I dont know if they are fully sold on Winston, so Dalton may be more valuable to them as their backup.

so unless Dallas makes a really sweet offer, that deal likely isnt on the table.

We've seen that before though with Dalton and the results were less than spectacular.

That was two years ago, and he's not gotten any younger. I'm not saying they wouldn't do it, but it wouldn't be a good move IMO.

13 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Excellent. Can everyone stop talking about the NFC East now? 

Why? Philly is the best team in the conference.

Every Pokes fan is hoping he’s out 8 weeks and Cowboys go 1-7…. This is full on tank territory if you consider yourself a real Pokes fan…. McCarthy can get fired, bring in Payton so he can draft his choice between CJ and Young.  Pokes 2024 

18 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

PS… Mahomes is washed up.  

They won’t win another Super Bowl with him at Qb.  

Now the Cowboys have another oline player hurt.  

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Now the Cowboys have another oline player hurt.  

I had concerns about their line to begin with.   these injuries have not helped.

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

They won’t win another Super Bowl with him at Qb.  

I realize this is your mantra…. Mine is “Mahomes is not a top 10 qb without Tyreek”…. Like so many around here have quoted to the heavens.  
If you could put odds on your bet “KC never wins another SB with Mahomes” what would those odds be?? 

+250 ?  -200 ?  I would be interested in that hypothetical bet at the right price… what’s yours??

After Russ and the LOB won their first SB in his second year how many would’ve said the same thing about that team as you have stated on Mahomes’ KC team??

Now, Russ is gone 8 or so seasons later and that best has cashed money…

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I had concerns about their line to begin with.   these injuries have not helped.

Pokes #1 overall pick 2023 baby get it!!! 

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

And with a back up Qb for eight weeks, time to sale Cowboy players.  

Just now, kcBlitzkrieg said:

I realize this is your mantra…. Mine is “Mahomes is not a top 10 qb without Tyreek”…. Like so many around here have quoted to the heavens.  
If you could put odds on your bet “KC never wins another SB with Mahomes” what would those odds be?? 

+250 ?  -200 ?  I would be interested in that hypothetical bet at the right price… what’s yours??

After Russ and the LOB won their first SB in his second year how many would’ve said the same thing about that team as you have stated on Mahomes’ KC team??

Two seasons and counting.  

Just now, weepaws said:

And with a back up Qb for eight weeks, time to sale Cowboy players.  

yeah, good luck finding buyers.

2 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Funny because if you look back two seasons ago when I first said that, the Hawks, and Wilson was my comparison. 

7 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yeah, good luck finding buyers.

Maybe  not for adp value, but every league has a Cowboys fan in it.  After all they are America Team. 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Many not for adp value, but every league has a Cowboys fan in it.  

cowboys fan or not,  the team no longer has a legit starting QB.   even if I was a fan, I'd be demanding a huge discount.  Even then, I dont know that I'd buy.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

cowboys fan or not,  the team no longer has a legit starting QB.   even if I was a fan, I'd be demanding a huge discount.  Even then, I dont know that I'd buy.

Plus oline problems.  

16 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Funny because if you look back two seasons ago when I first said that, the Hawks, and Wilson was my comparison. 

Yep my point… it’s not an outrageous bet if you aren’t looking at it at face value.  A bookmaker could make that +125 simply because the gen pub will see plus money on “Mahomes to win only one more SB in career” and eat it up when more likely that bookmakers actual number could be closer to 3-1 or more.  

Just now, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Yep my point… it’s not an outrageous bet if you aren’t looking at it at face value.  A bookmaker could make that +125 simply because the gen pub will see plus money on “Mahomes to win only one more SB in career” and eat it up when more likely that bookmakers actual number could be closer to 3-1 or more.  

Tough one too call, never send one before on a player not winning more than one super bowl. 

The player comparisons are moot though, other than the cap hits to their respective teams those years…. Russ had the LOB and top 3 defense… Mahomes will operate a top 5 offense regardless, less the injury factor.  His KC defenses have been avargae at best… what happens in year 10 with a top 5 defense a la Tommy Boys NE years??  

Can’t say, don’t know how Year ten will look. Not even concern about it.  What if they don’t have a top ten def, but an older Qb. Don’t know what they would look like. 

If you give the chiefs about a 1 in 15 chance to win the super bowl each year, it would be about even money that he wins a super bowl in the next 10 years.

Maybe this is a good thing for Dallas? Dak is clearly NOT that great.  Way overpaid.  Way overhyped, as are the cowboys every single year.  Now we are stuck with them on a bunch of prime time games where as usual they’ll disappoint.  Look for the NFL to maybe change out some TV games now as they should. The cowboys need another Herschel walker trade to be good again.  Go ahead and blame the line or the wideouts or whomever you wish.  The top QBs make those guys better, right? That’s what we always get told. If so, then Dak hasn’t done such things.  Sorry cowboy fans….another lame season. 

11 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

Maybe this is a good thing for Dallas? Dak is clearly NOT that great.  Way overpaid.  Way overhyped, as are the cowboys every single year.  Now we are stuck with them on a bunch of prime time games where as usual they’ll disappoint.  Look for the NFL to maybe change out some TV games now as they should. The cowboys need another Herschel walker trade to be good again.  Go ahead and blame the line or the wideouts or whomever you wish.  The top QBs make those guys better, right? That’s what we always get told. If so, then Dak hasn’t done such things.  Sorry cowboy fans….another lame season. 

I sure hope so.