Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Ron DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

I did think it was funny Tucker compared them staying in military barracks on Cape Cod (another wealthy area) to being treated like terrorists. Do we keep terrorists in military barracks?

Cape Cod is not particularly a wealthy area. Most people that live there all year are pretty low to medium income. There is actually a fair amount of drug problems. MV is kind of like this as well, less drugs though. Sure there are a lot of wealthy part time residents, but full timers are lower income. Any Massholes concur?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Cape Cod is not particularly a wealthy area. Most people that live there all year are pretty low to medium income. There is actually a fair amount of drug problems. MV is kind of like this as well, less drugs though. Sure there are a lot of wealthy part time residents, but full timers are lower income. Any Massholes concur?

Cap Cod is a lower middle class area to be sure, and during the winter its a wonder they dont all kill themselves I swear, it can be rather unhospitable as well as god-awful boring...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Cape Cod is not particularly a wealthy area. Most people that live there all year are pretty low to medium income. There is actually a fair amount of drug problems. MV is kind of like this as well, less drugs though. Sure there are a lot of wealthy part time residents, but full timers are lower income. Any Massholes concur?

Sort of.   The locals on the islands mostly doing pretty good financially.   If you own a construction/plumbing/etc business or are a tradesman - you are doing pretty good.   There are losers who don't want to work and either have a bottle in hand or a needle in the arm that aren't doing so great.    But that's not the islands' "fault".   

The Cape has areas that are kind of low income.    And there's definitely a pretty bad drug problem on both the Cape and the islands.   But just like on the islands - if you don't spend your days with a bottle in your hand or a needle in your arm and you are willing to work - you're doing pretty good.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What I posted was true and destroys your fake pity party for the illegals that invaded my country. You care more about them than American kids. Deal with it. Exposed. 

Once again, I have posted multiple times that schools shouldn’t have been closed as long as they were.  But carry on with your goalpost moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, craftsman said:

If you lived on a border town would you and your family be welcoming these illegals with open arms and giving them shelter and paying for their medical bills and providing them food and transportation and jobs? Sanctuary cities said they welcome them.

You voted for this crap, you should step up.

I’ll answer if you admit to being Utilit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No amount of taxpayer money is too much to spend, when it comes to “owning the libs.” And if you can pay that money to a GOP donor, even better!

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I’ll answer if you admit to being Utilit

I'll answer if you admit to being MDC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I’ll answer if you admit to being Utilit

I'll take that as a no. You wouldn't take the illegals into your home and feed them, pay for their medical care, give them beds to sleep in and all the other things that go along with bringing in illegal immigrants. 

It's easy to see right through your hypocrisy. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Once again, I have posted multiple times that schools shouldn’t have been closed as long as they were.  But carry on with your goalpost moving.

Did you call it a political stunt? Because it was , and a lot worse than sending people to Martha’s Vineyard for a few hours. One bothered you more than the other. Think about that. 

  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Did you call it a political stunt? Because it was , and a lot worse than sending people to Martha’s Vineyard for a few hours. One bothered you more than the other. Think about that. 

Closing schools for Covid wasn’t a political stunt dumbass.  Sure, a couple unions that were already pushing for certain things prior to the pandemic may have continued pushing for them during it, but closing schools were done because of the virus, and teachers being afraid to go back was because they were worried about the virus.

Count my posts in the Covid thread and here, and let me know which I think is a more important issue.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Closing schools for Covid wasn’t a political stunt dumbass.  Sure, a couple unions that were already pushing for certain things prior to the pandemic may have continued pushing for them during it, but closing schools were done because of the virus, and teachers being afraid to go back was because they were worried about the virus.

Count my posts in the Covid thread and here, and let me know which I think is a more important issue.

Yes it was a stunt of the highest order.

And you wouldn't take care of illegals if they showed up at your doorstep. You wouldn't pay for their medical care, give them shelter of your home, buy them clothes, feed them, etc. You would call the police.  Hypocrite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it surprises me that on every issue, everyone allows the trolls like rusty to take control of the conversation. you are letting him destroy the subject at hand.  people like him, dogcows, hauck should be ignored or laughed at.  instead you let them lead you.  why?  it never does any good.  they got you arguing over the income levels of cape cod instead of the issue at hand. stop reacting to them.  they dont exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, dogcows said:

No amount of taxpayer money is too much to spend, when it comes to “owning the libs.” And if you can pay that money to a GOP donor, even better!

 

You understand the concept of a "budget", right?    FL has $12M allocated to relocation of illegals.    RD is spending that money, which is what an executive does with allocated funds.   

I'll agree that there is political theater going on here.   But when you have an issue that's not getting the attention that you believe that, in the best interests of your constituents, needs to be addressed - sometimes you have to do things to raise awareness and attention.      You've heard of the Boston Tea Party?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Closing schools for Covid wasn’t a political stunt dumbass.  Sure, a couple unions that were already pushing for certain things prior to the pandemic may have continued pushing for them during it, but closing schools were done because of the virus, and teachers being afraid to go back was because they were worried about the virus.

Count my posts in the Covid thread and here, and let me know which I think is a more important issue.

So a few things:

1.) The LA Teachers Union did say a bunch of those things. I have no idea if they were calling for them beforehand- they very well might have been. Now the thing becomes why does HT think 30,000 members of one local union speak for the entirety of the 2.3 million teachers in America across local, state, and national unions is beyond any real comprehension. But HT has shown time and again he has very little knowledge of how the teacher's unions are structured and operate (and really very little knowledge of anything else really). 

2.) The push from those LA teachers came in July of 2020 when there was still plenty unknown about the virus and how it spread and schools were debating how to start the school year. Many schools chose to start in a virtual setting and most of the schools around the country tended to be back in person by the halfway point of the year. I would imagine more of your population dense areas stayed virtual longer- mainly because there was higher risk of spread there. By January of 2021 there were vaccines being doled out to people and there was a better understanding of how to best set up parameters to control the spread in a school building. Essentially schools were caught flat footed in March of 2020 because no one could have predicted how this would run and it took many schools a long time to figure out how they were going to balance federal ideas of controlling the virus along with state and county regulations. Case in point- I work in a school district just across the county line from where I live and my kids go to school. The county I live in does not have a public health department. The county I work in does. So there were more regulations on the school I work in versus the one I live in. Additionally- the school district I live in crosses the border of those two counties. The home school was constantly shifting their policy based off of which counties data was better for them. It was gaming the system of the highest regard. But overall- it was not a political stunt- it was people trying to take in information and make the most informed decisions. Sometimes people liked those decisions and sometimes they didn't.

3.) Even when schools did open and we tried to normalize things- it wasn't normal because desks were spaced apart, group work could not really be done, everyone was in masks. And much of that came from public health departments. 

4.) Everything about the DeSantis stuff screams political stunt. And I wish he and others would just call it that- because it's a good one. He wasn't trying to help people, he was trying to make a point that he can hang an argument on and it is one that probably works.

5.) HT is a doofus and arguing with him about this stuff is akin to yelling at a wall because he won't show any evidence of anything and when he is beaten (which is 99% of the time) he yells some non-sequitur to something else and moves on. Absolute zero tonal awareness and I'd imagine it is pretty fun to live your life that blissfully ignorant. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah! It’s not happening! GTFO. Teachers unions, most importantly the national ones, used opening schools as political leverage for issues that had nothing to do with Covid.  I’ll say it again, 50 adult illegals used for a political stunt for a few hours bothered liberals like Hack and Mooney more than teachers unions, including the national ones, using our childrens health and eduction to demand things they wanted that had zero to do with Covid.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah! It’s not happening! GTFO. Teachers unions, most importantly the national ones, used opening schools as political leverage for issues that had nothing to do with Covid.  I’ll say it again, 50 adult illegals used for a political stunt for a few hours bothered liberals like Hack and Mooney more than teachers unions, including the national ones, using our childrens health and eduction to demand things they wanted that had zero to do with Covid.  

And this is where I say "provide a link to the national unions doing this" and you won't and you will angrily type some other dumb comment that means nothing to the discussion being had.

Additionally- you need to read what I said- I outlined that a 30,000 teacher union in LA did call for it. Why do you think they speak for the other 2.3 million members? Why do you not understand the structure and layout of teacher's unions? Do you know how many unions teachers belong to? Do you know where you are at right now?

Answer these simple questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

it surprises me that on every issue, everyone allows the trolls like rusty to take control of the conversation. you are letting him destroy the subject at hand.  people like him, dogcows, hauck should be ignored or laughed at.  instead you let them lead you.  why?  it never does any good.  they got you arguing over the income levels of cape cod instead of the issue at hand. stop reacting to them.  they dont exist.

You mean how HT specifically completely changed the subject to Covid school closures?  Stfu and go build your nuclear fallout shelter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You mean how HT specifically completely changed the subject to Covid school closures?  Stfu and go build your nuclear fallout shelter

The subject evolved into political stunts. I merely pointed out your rank hypocrisy on the matter. 50 illegals being used bothered you.  Thousands of kids being used didn’t. That’s the man you are. Own it. 

  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah! It’s not happening! GTFO. Teachers unions, most importantly the national ones, used opening schools as political leverage for issues that had nothing to do with Covid.  I’ll say it again, 50 adult illegals used for a political stunt for a few hours bothered liberals like Hack and Mooney more than teachers unions, including the national ones, using our childrens health and eduction to demand things they wanted that had zero to do with Covid.  

So you’re admitting it was a political stunt by Desantis, glad we agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The subject evolved into political stunts. I merely pointed out your rank hypocrisy on the matter. 50 illegals being used bothered you.  Thousands of kids being used didn’t. That’s the man you are. Own it. 

Closing schools as long as they did did bother me.  Wasn’t a political stunt though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Closing schools as long as they did did bother me.  Wasn’t a political stunt though 

It was a political stunt to keep control of the citizens of the US. Power hungry evil politicians that you voted for and have been praising for the last couple years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the closing of schools did make sense, but the duration did not.

The problem arises from the origination of the virus, we now know that Fauci and NIH funded this research in China because we dont allow it here, it got out, and they were afraid of the fallout.

Remember, early on Fauci was much softer in his recommended approach before he hardened it up and then he recommended we keep it up even though the data showed that kids were not the ones in danger.  

Virtue signalling in the currency of leftists.  COVID afforded them tons of currency, and they were quickly addicted to it.  Then you had DeSantis who understood the reality, did not subscribe and became a villain, and only now do  they look back and admit he was right.  BECAUSE he did not allow politics to dictate his decisions.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If making a point for the rest of the country to WAKE UP to the border crisis all the while exposing the incredible hypocrisy and unbelievable lack of awareness by uppity liberals is called a “political stunt” then so be it.  Had to be done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Closing schools as long as they did did bother me.  Wasn’t a political stunt though 

Demanding Medicaid for all  as a condition of reopening wasn’t using kids as political capital? WTF did that have to do with Covid safety? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Masshole said:

You understand the concept of a "budget", right?    FL has $12M allocated to relocation of illegals.    RD is spending that money, which is what an executive does with allocated funds.   

I'll agree that there is political theater going on here.   But when you have an issue that's not getting the attention that you believe that, in the best interests of your constituents, needs to be addressed - sometimes you have to do things to raise awareness and attention.      You've heard of the Boston Tea Party?   

Correct, I’ve said I think it was smart of Desantis to do this.  But let’s just call it a stunt like it is.

I do however think there is an argument to be made that he shouldn’t be spending FL tax money on people that weren’t in his state.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do think this stunt has probably won him the Republican nomination, so congrats to him on being our next President 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, craftsman said:

Yes it was a stunt of the highest order.

And you wouldn't take care of illegals if they showed up at your doorstep. You wouldn't pay for their medical care, give them shelter of your home, buy them clothes, feed them, etc. You would call the police.  Hypocrite. 

Probably not, partly because I currently have 2 foster girls living with me, so I’m sure I’m doing much more for the disadvantaged population than you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

 

16 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Nice try hack. That was before the pandemic.  My lord. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Correct, I’ve said I think it was smart of Desantis to do this.  But let’s just call it a stunt like it is.

I do however think there is an argument to be made that he shouldn’t be spending FL tax money on people that weren’t in his state.

He's facing problems on 2 more fronts now. First, the legality of lying to the migrants. Second, the spending of taxpayer money on a political stunt for his own benefit. Add both of those to what you mentioned: spending Florida’s money to fly people from one state to another, neither of which were Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dogcows said:

He's facing problems on 2 more fronts now. First, the legality of lying to the migrants. Second, the spending of taxpayer money on a political stunt for his own benefit. Add both of those to what you mentioned: spending Florida’s money to fly people from one state to another, neither of which were Florida.

Is that what your leftish overlords are telling you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Okay...and either way- it's not like the 30,000 teachers in that union automatically speak for the entire nation of teachers.

Well in HT's make believe land of BS it does, but you know...normal people don't think that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Probably not, partly because I currently have 2 foster girls living with me, so I’m sure I’m doing much more for the disadvantaged population than you are.

Deflect. You vote for illegals coming into this country and then say you want no part of them, then tell us that your kids are handicapped. 

That's your problem. Not mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

 

Nice try hack. That was before the pandemic.  My lord. 

Yeah that’s my point dumbass.  They were planning to strike on other issues prior to the pandemic.  It’s not like they were like oh hey this pandemic is a good opportunity to get some other stuff too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Okay...and either way- it's not like the 30,000 teachers in that union automatically speak for the entire nation of teachers.

Well in HT's make believe land of BS it does, but you know...normal people don't think that. 

Ok what? The subject was their demands to reopen from Covid, not what they wanted in contract negotiations in 2019. You nod ok like he made a valid point. Do you do that with your students as well, as long as they agree with you? I bet you do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah that’s my point dumbass.  They were planning to strike on other issues prior to the pandemic.  It’s not like they were like oh hey this pandemic is a good opportunity to get some other stuff too.

Reopening had nothing to do with their prior negotiations. It’s a separate issue. The schools weren’t closed in 2019. You made no point. And they absolutely took advantage to make a political point. A stunt have you. But it wasn’t a stunt.  They delayed the opening. Much worse. Disgusting actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok what? The subject was their demands to reopen from Covid, not what they wanted in contract negotiations in 2019. You nod ok like he made a valid point. Do you do that with your students as well, as long as they agree with you? I bet you do. 

Because I- unlike you- actually read what he wrote and understood what he was going for. Also, unlike you- I nod at good points made regardless of whether I agree with it or not. Valid arguments made are valid regardless of agreement. You wouldn't know that because you have never said anything valid in your entire worthless life.

I also noted you avoided all of this: Additionally- you need to read what I said- I outlined that a 30,000 teacher union in LA did call for it. Why do you think they speak for the other 2.3 million members? Why do you not understand the structure and layout of teacher's unions? Do you know how many unions teachers belong to? Do you know where you are at right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Because I- unlike you- actually read what he wrote and understood what he was going for. 

I also noted you avoided all of this: Additionally- you need to read what I said- I outlined that a 30,000 teacher union in LA did call for it. Why do you think they speak for the other 2.3 million members? Why do you not understand the structure and layout of teacher's unions? Do you know how many unions teachers belong to? Do you know where you are at right now?

Ok. They don’t speak for all of you. Fine. I’m not going down your alley, even though I know Pringle and Weingarten absolutely made political demands to reopen. Whatever. And it wasn’t just LA.  Anyway, the fact remains, as you have acknowledged, that the LA union did use thousands of kids as a political tool, and that didn’t bother Hack and the rest of you as much as 50 adult illegals being used as one. Hypocrisy at its most blatant. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok. They don’t speak for all of you. Fine. I’m not going down your alley, even though I know Pringle and Weingarten absolutely made political demands to reopen. Whatever. And it wasn’t just LA.  Anyway, the fact remains, as you have acknowledged, that the LA union did use thousands of kids as a political tool, and that didn’t bother Hack and the rest of you as much as 50 adult illegals being used as one. Hypocrisy at its most blatant. 

So you admit you said a bunch of BS?

Also, you seem to think the national teacher union is far more influential to local decisions than they actually are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So you admit you said a bunch of BS?

Also, you seem to think the national teacher union is far more influential to local decisions than they actually are. 

No. I proved my point. Just accept I did. It happens sometimes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×