Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Ron DeSantis sends two planes of illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard

10 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

Authorities have confirmed they are opening a criminal investigation into the individuals who “lured” approximately 50 migrants from the migrant resource center in San Antonio to be flown to Martha’s Vineyard at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ request.

Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar confirmed the investigation during a press conference Monday “to clear the air for everyone,” alleging that 48 migrants were “lured under false pretenses” to stay at a hotel for a couple of days, shuttled to a plane, flown to Florida, and eventually transported to Martha’s Vineyard, where they had been promised work and solutions to other problems.

A number of migrants have claimed to have been approached and paid $200 cash by a mysterious woman called “Perla” to recruit people to board a plane to Martha’s Vineyard on Wednesday. By Friday the migrants were being transported from the island’s lone shelter to temporary housing at Joint Base Cape Cod in Buzzards Bay—off Martha’s Vineyard entirely.

Salazar did not mention any specific suspects but said he had “the names of some suspects involved who we believe are persons of interest at this point.” He said he won’t part with the names but that “everybody on this call knows who those names are already.”

And we move from DeSanti's they gave consent to fringe areas of human trafficking. But it's okay though, they're migrants.

Delivering immigrants to sanctuary states is now human trafficking. These blue sanctuary states really want immigrants.  :lol: 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

And we move from DeSanti's they gave consent to fringe areas of human trafficking. But it's okay though, they're migrants.

Who do you want to take care of the 4 million let in under Biden? Texas? 

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Delivering immigrants to sanctuary states is now human trafficking. These blue sanctuary states really want immigrants.  :lol: 

I don't get why the liberals who voted for this onslaught of fentanyl carrying illegals don't want them in their cities. Hell, they even went to court to get sanctuary status and danced the jig when they won.  

Was the real liberal plan to destroy Texas as we know it?  

Immigration law experts suggest DeSantis may have trafficked migrants

Some of the migrants who arrived in Martha's Vineyard last week told NPR they were told they'd be flown to Boston where they could get expedited work papers, but that's not what they found upon arrival in Martha's Vineyard. Instead, local churches, homeless shelters and other aid groups had to scramble to accommodate them because they weren't given any notice of their arrival.

Tallahassee-based immigration attorney Elizabeth Ricci explains there's a "good faith argument" to be made that luring the migrants onto planes with the promise of jobs makes them crime victims. And that means they could automatically qualify for a visa, she said.

According to an analysis of federal immigration law by the U.S. Citizens and Immigration Services: "Traffickers and abusers often use a lack of immigration status to exploit and control victims." They "may lure individuals with false promises of employment and a better life."

Ricci said she believes that's exactly what DeSantis has done. If law enforcement agrees, it could make migrants eligible for a special kind of visa that protects victims of human trafficking. "It would be so ironic for these families to ultimately legalize and become citizens as a result of his actions."

Apparently "Fraud in Foreign Labor Contracting" is ground for an automatic visa.  DeSantis might have expediated the process for these people.  :lol:

I guess I missed this the first time around. It's one thing if disantos is sending illegals that are in Florida to other states. But damned if he didn't go and round up illegals from Texas to send them to massachusetts. 🤨

Pretty sure that's not even legal.

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

I guess I missed this the first time around. It's one thing if disantos is sending illegals that are in Florida to other states. But damned if he didn't go and round up illegals from Texas to send them to massachusetts. 🤨

Pretty sure that's not even legal.

Same here, I'm confused which is not unusual... if DeSantis went out of his way to fly migrants from Texas to Florida so that he could then ship them somewhere else, that is weird and wrong.

@wifflballand @jerryskids, you guys missed the best part of the story.  DeSantis claims that those immigrants might be headed to Florida, and that's why he has the authority to preemptively ship them Massachusetts.  :lol:

Short-term win for him with the MAGA crowd, but long-term, the more people look into this, the worse he's going to look.

Guess what is also illegal?  Secretly crossing into another country.  :doh: 

3.5 MILLION since Biden took office.  Enough fentanyl to kill every American seized.  

But sure guys let’s focus on 50 in Martha’s Vinyard and dissect every nut and bolt.  

JFC

Just now, KSB2424 said:

3.5 MILLION since Biden took office.  Enough fentanyl to kill every American seized.  

But sure guys let’s focus on 50 in Martha’s Vinyard and dissect ever nut and bolt.  

JFC

Cool story bro...read the thread title, this is about the stunt DeSantis pulled.  HTH, YWIA.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

But sure guys let’s focus on 50 in Martha’s Vinyard and dissect every nut and bolt.  

JFC

That doesn't cancel and excuse DeShittos' possible criminal actions and dooshy behavior. 

Quick math.  50 / 3.5M = 0.00134%

Less than 100th of 1 percent of the problem is your focus and priorities are strictly based on politics.  

Meanwhile people are dying.  Y’all are focked up. 

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Quick math.  50 / 3.5M = 0.00134%

Less than 100th of 1 percent of the problem is your focus strictly based on politics.  

Meanwhile people dying.  Y’all are focked up. 

Who started this thread to spike the football and make it the focus? Heck few posts back someone wanted to make DeSantis president immediately, perhaps you should help address them with their focus. 

• Thanks 1

1000% on board with Abbott doing this.   Loved it.  DeSantis doing it was nothing more than an attempt to grab headlines for himself.  Not well thought out at all.

I don't care who did it.  Exposed the liberal elite's stupidity.  Well worth it.  🤣

Human Trafficking!  🤣

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

1000% on board with Abbott doing this.   Loved it.  DeSantis doing it was nothing more than an attempt to grab headlines for himself.  Not well thought out at all.

My wife is way left of me, and she thinks it's great.

Let these sanctuary cities get a taste of what we've dealt with for decades.

We pay higher taxes thanks to these illegals. 

https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/news/releases/ag-paxton-illegal-immigration-costs-texas-taxpayers-over-850-million-each-year

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

I don't care who did it.  Exposed the liberal elite's stupidity.  Well worth it.  🤣

Human Trafficking!  🤣

I don't buy that, because they went willingly. However, if they were promised jobs and all that, that's a problem.

Just now, Pimpadeaux said:

I don't buy that, because they went willingly. However, if they were promised jobs and all that, that's a problem.

See!  🤣

8 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Human Trafficking!  🤣

6 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

If they were promised jobs, benefits(housing, ect.), it can fall under human trafficking laws. 

Like the espionage laws that not only deal with espionage and spying they can all cover just the possession of classified documents(no espionage needs take place), human trafficking is a large umbrella that covers a large variety of crimes and circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

If they were promised jobs, benefits(housing, ect.), it can fall under human trafficking laws. 

Like the espionage laws that deal with just the possession of classified documents(no espionage needs take place), human trafficking is a large umbrella that covers a large variety of crimes and circumstances. 

Another one! 🤣

30 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

@wifflballand @jerryskids, you guys missed the best part of the story.  DeSantis claims that those immigrants might be headed to Florida, and that's why he has the authority to preemptively ship them Massachusetts.  :lol:

Short-term win for him with the MAGA crowd, but long-term, the more people look into this, the worse he's going to look.

Thanks.  Still seems odd; he couldn't round up 50 illegals in Florida?  :wacko: 

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Like the espionage laws that not only deal with espionage and spying they can all cover just the possession of classified documents(no espionage needs take place), human trafficking is a large umbrella that covers a large variety of crimes and circumstances. 

OK, that makes sense. Someone was paid to fill them full of baloney and recruit them to go on that trip. 

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I tried to get a number by googling 'legal immigrants in Florida'...too many results, but I got this.

Florida has long been home to a large number of immigrants, many of whom hail from the Caribbean. One in five residents in the state was born in another country. Together, immigrants make up more than a quarter of Florida's labor force.

I imagine rounding up Florida immigrants wouldn't play so well for him.  
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I tried to get a number by googling 'legal immigrants in Florida'...too many results, but I got this.

I imagine rounding up Florida immigrants wouldn't play so well for him.  

Did you mean "illegal"?  It would certainly not play well to round up legal immigrants and ship them out.

Also maybe the Caribbean folks don't like the Venezuelans?  Still trying to figure out why he had to import immigrants from Texas.  :dunno: 

3 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

the underground railroad was human trafficking.  im sure they offered food and water after all.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

the underground railroad was human trafficking.  im sure they offered food and water after all.

:lol: 

democrats:  theres no hard evidence of cheating, just hearsay, so the 2020 election wasnt stolen!  theres not even a reason to open an investigation!!
also democrats:  theres no hard evidence of illegals being offered anything, just hearsay, therefore they SURELY were offered things!!!  we MUST open an investigation!!

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Did you mean "illegal"?  It would certainly not play well to round up legal immigrants and ship them out.

Also maybe the Caribbean folks don't like the Venezuelans?  Still trying to figure out why he had to import immigrants from Texas.  :dunno: 

I searched for legal, cause I was trying to get a number of how many there are in FL? Just got the 20 percent of workforce number.  I'm imagining that if you rounded up 50 "illegal" immigrants there, it wouldn't go over with the legal community, of the former immigrants who are now citizents. 

I'm just guessing that played into his math when doing this.

11 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I searched for legal, cause I was trying to get a number of how many there are in FL? Just got the 20 percent of workforce number.  I'm imagining that if you rounded up 50 "illegal" immigrants there, it wouldn't go over with the legal community, of the former immigrants who are now citizents. 

I'm just guessing that played into his math when doing this.

As a person who lives in a border state and who knows many legal immigrants, my personal experience is that they tend to be among the biggest opponents of illegal immigration.  That being said I can't say that I personally know anyone who recently changed from illegal to legal, and I can see that they may have a different opinion.

52 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

In fairness, it's hard to tell the difference between Cubans and guatemalans.

DHS confirms that Venezuela is emptying their prisons and sending them to the US southern border. Now why would they do that if the border is secure? I’m sure they are all political prisoners. Not a murderer or rapist amongst them, even though Venezuela is one of the most violent places on earth. Human trafficking! 

Yes, yes, yes - a thousand times - YES!   

Can we just make him president now, please?  

A related class action law suit that names DeSantis: 

https://www.wcvb.com/article/class-action-lawsuit-for-migrants-in-massachusetts/41300374#      

This is the flyer that allegedly was used to dupe the immigrants onto the plane. 

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/09/marthas-vineyard-migrant-pamphlet-ron-desantis-fake-brochure.html

2 hours ago, Masshole said:

Yes, yes, yes - a thousand times - YES!   

Can we just make him president now, please?  

Nailed it, of course.

Also... The media is hilarious on this stuff...

The left knows they can tell their followers anything and they'll parrot it. See this thread.

Stuff is hilarious.

23 minutes ago, Reality said:

Nailed it, of course.

Also... The media is hilarious on this stuff...

The left knows they can tell their followers anything and they'll parrot it. See this thread.

Stuff is hilarious.

It is hilarious, but it's also kinda focked up man.  A local sheriff was gunned down in Raleigh, two undocumented illegals, ambushed and murdered him.  This is not just Geek Club back and forth fodder.  People are dying.  And its not about being against people from other countries, its about law and GD order.  

Fly 50 brown people to Martha's Vinyard and they freak out and get the NATIONAL GUARD to get them the fock out of there.  It's insane the total lack of perspective.  

You could go to the local coffee shop in downtown white America and say:  Who wants a free flight to Martha's Vineyard?  Half the place would raise their hands.  Hearing the words human trafficking and "inhumane" is some the most ridiculous things in the history of the internet.  Some historically liberal posters I have noticed have sat this one out (smart move), others not so much.  We're starting to see a liberal crazy tiered rankings now.  

• Like 2