Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Hey, what does this latest rate hike mean?

7 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, go to the about us page and just scroll who their head people are. Holy crap. 

Quite the unbiased source. 

The facts are that inflation is out of control around the world. That is not because of an economic policy created by the USA. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/06/15/in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world-inflation-is-high-and-getting-higher/

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/inflation-rate

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Again, one was bipartisan and agreed to. The other was not. I’m not sure how you think these are the same

So if all the Republicans agreed to Biden's plan to spend another $15T tomorrow, you'd be ok with that?  As long as all politicians agree to it?  And it won't have any affect on us, because it was agreed to?  And you won't blame any of them?

3 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

So if all the Republicans agreed to Biden's plan to spend another $15T tomorrow, you'd be ok with that?  As long as all politicians agree to it?  And it won't have any affect on us, because it was agreed to?  And you won't blame any of them?

I will say this, I dont agree on anything congress does that spends our money, we are barely scraping by.

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I will say this, I dont agree on anything congress does that spends our money, we are barely scraping by.

Exactly.  They all waste your money.  Every one of them d, r, don't matter.  It's disgusting.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

The facts are that inflation is out of control around the world. That is not because of an economic policy created by the USA. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/06/15/in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world-inflation-is-high-and-getting-higher/

Yes, and no. Our rate is on par with war, torn countries and unstable governments.

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

You have a college degree; you have the ability to learn basic supply, demand, economics, and how the changes in interest rates affect YOU and the prices of items around you. It's not just about "buying a house." 

Banks now lend to each other and to businesses at higher rates - the cost of goods will go up as well. If it costs more money for me to make the test tubes that you use in your lab, I am going to charge you more when you order them. This in turn costs your lab more, and then next year when you're up for a raise, you may only get 2% instead of 10%, because the costs of doing business are more and they make cuts where it's easiest - your raises. 

Again, you don't have to go to school for this. Go get a book and teach your self how it works. It might help when the time to vote comes and "your guy" is saying that minimum wage should be $20/hour...you will make more informed decisions. 

NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Like any of these idiots care

The world standard is the US dollar.  As the US goes so does the world.  Plus they're all mostly a bunch of woke left idiots all making the same stupid policies.  Overreach in a pandemic; global climate farce, etc.

• Thanks 1

When COVID money went out in 2020 AND in 2021 anyone who understands economics knew it would eventually lead to inflation of some degree. Many economists pointed to that as well. But many of those same economists also said you almost needed to give money to keep the economy afloat- even knowing what was going to happen. So yes- part of it is on Biden.

But it is not wrong to say part of it has been coming for a long time with policies from Presidents on both sides of the aisle. One factor no one has mentioned yet is when Trump deregulated Wall Street in 2017. There was a glitch put into the system in like 2012 where Wall Street found a way around regulation of commodities trading when it relates to things like oil and wheat. The Obama team caught it and was trying to fix it but that was right before the 2016 election. Trump's team came in- and blocked the fix they had come up with. Prior to them looking at it before the economic crash back late in the decade of the 2000's it was referred to as the "Enron Loophole" I believe. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

When COVID money went out in 2020 AND in 2021 anyone who understands economics knew it would eventually lead to inflation of some degree. Many economists pointed to that as well. But many of those same economists also said you almost needed to give money to keep the economy afloat- even knowing what was going to happen. So yes- part of it is on Biden.

But it is not wrong to say part of it has been coming for a long time with policies from Presidents on both sides of the aisle. One factor no one has mentioned yet is when Trump deregulated Wall Street in 2017. There was a glitch put into the system in like 2012 where Wall Street found a way around regulation of commodities trading when it relates to things like oil and wheat. The Obama team caught it and was trying to fix it but that was right before the 2016 election. Trump's team came in- and blocked the fix they had come up with. Prior to them looking at it before the economic crash back late in the decade of the 2000's it was referred to as the "Enron Loophole" I believe. 

🤣🤣🤣

WTF are you talking about? The Enron Loophole was signed into law by Clinton in 2000 and closed by the 2008 Farm Bill before Obama took office.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

You have a college degree; you have the ability to learn basic supply, demand, economics, and how the changes in interest rates affect YOU and the prices of items around you. It's not just about "buying a house." 

Banks now lend to each other and to businesses at higher rates - the cost of goods will go up as well. If it costs more money for me to make the test tubes that you use in your lab, I am going to charge you more when you order them. This in turn costs your lab more, and then next year when you're up for a raise, you may only get 2% instead of 10%, because the costs of doing business are more and they make cuts where it's easiest - your raises. 

Again, you don't have to go to school for this. Go get a book and teach your self how it works. It might help when the time to vote comes and "your guy" is saying that minimum wage should be $20/hour...you will make more informed decisions. 

What book did you read? Give me the name of the book you read that taught you simple supply and demand.

6 hours ago, Horseman said:

🤣🤣🤣

WTF are you talking about? The Enron Loophole was signed into law by Clinton in 2000 and closed by the 2008 Farm Bill before Obama took office.  

Prior to them looking at it before the economic crash back late in the decade of the 2000's it was referred to as the "Enron Loophole" I believe.

Look it's not my fault you don't know what the word "prior" means

Also, there is the standard nothing to counter what I said so you just attack... what a "winner"

49 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Prior to them looking at it before the economic crash back late in the decade of the 2000's it was referred to as the "Enron Loophole" I believe.

Also, there is the standard nothing to counter what I said so you just attack... what a "winner"

https://tyt.com/stories/4vZLCHuQrYE4uKagy0oyMA/53PsQvIKiZFzQPRRk91p2q

This is what you're referring to.

Oil speculation was a huge problem back in the 00's and Dodds frank addressed.  I honestly didn't know that it expired and has become a problem again.  Thanks for the heads up.

49 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Oil speculation was a huge problem back in the 00's and Dodds frank addressed.  I honestly didn't know that it expired and has become a problem again.  Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah that is it. I heard about it from on the Pitchfork Economics podcast a few years ago and I do believe they referenced that article. 

So as that article mentions- there was an issue years ago. They tried to fix it with Dodd-Frank. Wall Street found a different loophole that even the people who wrote everything hadn't uncovered. Obama's team proposed a fix for it, then Trump got elected and they killed it. As i mentioned in another thread- one of the worst things he did as President was his push to deregulate so many things. I know it's easy to just reflexively blame Biden for things (and he should and does get blame for things he did) but deregulation gets us in to these messes quite a bit. 

You have to hand it to Obama, “discovering” things after 8 years that need to be fixed. Please. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

You have to hand it to Obama, “discovering” things after 8 years that need to be fixed. Please. 

That is about the dumbest take you could possibly have based off the article and what was said. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

That is about the dumbest take you could possibly have based off the article and what was said. 

Ok. Then why didn’t Obama fix it himself? 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ok. Then why didn’t Obama fix it himself? 

Dude- did you read the article or anything I said? Do the simple things first- then we can talk

29 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Dude- did you read the article or anything I said? Do the simple things first- then we can talk

I read what you said. You said Obama tried to fix it. Just wondering why he didn’t? 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I read what you said. You said Obama tried to fix it. Just wondering why he didn’t? 

Read the article. It isn't as simple as- he ignored the problem

19 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah, the loophole was put in in 2012.  Obama “discovered” it in 2016. All Trumps fault. Got it. 

13 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

First of all, the Biden voters didn't create this mess.  Second, taking joy in someone that cant feed their family because they voted for the other guy is really sh1tty.

If you're struggling in this country that is no one's fault but your own. You don't even have to give 100%. Work a full time job, don't be a piece a sh!t and you'll have everything you want.  

14 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

That’s their logic. You’re a POS because the things we all said would happen if you just flooded the economy with a bunch of money are happening and now people are struggling. If you voted for it? Go fock yourself and enjoy those high prices.

now luckily we’re just a handful of days away from keeping pudding head from doing anything else the rest of his term. 

Youre a stay at home dad right?

29 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Wow, look at the cojones on you---asking him to read the article under discussion.  

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, the loophole was put in in 2012.  Obama “discovered” it in 2016. All Trumps fault. Got it. 

Obama noticed at the last second something he created. 🤣

These rubes believe whatever they are spoon fed. 

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Wow, look at the cojones on you---asking him to read the article under discussion.  

The Young Turks? 🤣🤣🤣 GTFOH. 

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Pooping "Young Turk" McGavin.   Explains a lot. 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Sneaking sips off the fat wife's schnapps last night?

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

He made his statements prior to posting the article.   It’s all Trumps fault. Was there ever any other point to this? Again, liberals get mad when you point out what they said. You think Mooney is posting an article that contradicts what he said? Fock your articles written by hacks. I know it when I see it. 

Just now, Horseman said:

The Young Turks? 🤣🤣🤣 GTFOH. 

Rat's ass if it was written by Curious George-if he hasn't read the article, why is he bothering to discuss it?   

Also if you find that their analysis is flawed, point it out, but an ad hominem + emojis really only really persuades the simplest of minds. HTH 

• Like 2

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Rat's ass if it was written by Curious George-if he hasn't read the article, why is he bothering to discuss it?   

Also if you find that their analysis is flawed, point it out, but an ad hominem + emojis really only really persuades the simplest of minds. HTH 

I’m discussing what Mooney said. Crazy, right? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He made his statements prior to posting the article.   It’s all Trumps fault. Was there ever any other point to this? Again, liberals get mad when you point out what they said. You think Mooney is posting an article that contradicts what he said? Fock your articles written by hacks. I know when it and I see it. 

You guys go at it---I did my good deed yesterday and have way too much to do today, before going back to the dentist...again.  Carry-on.

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

You guys go at it---I did my good deed yesterday and have way too much to do today, before going back to the dentist...again.  Carry-on.

Yeah well, I’m not reading articles written by those morons. Pass on sight. 

36 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you've chosen to not read the article and just spout nonense?

17 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

This is literally all he does. He purports himself to be a "winner" yet he posts emojis and attacks people who aren't here without adding anything of substance.

I'm sure his "bikini model HOT" wife is super thrilled with him....you know- if she was real. 

So you've chosen to not read the article and just spout nonense?

I’ve chosen to read what you said and discuss it. You want me to read what Gutterboy posted, and it’s the young Turks for gods sake. So no, I’m not reading that. You didn’t even post it. Let’s get back to what you said. Why do you have an issue with that? 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’ve chosen to read what you said and discuss it. You want me to read what Gutterboy posted, and it’s the young Turks for gods sake. So no, I’m not reading that. You didn’t even post it. Let’s get back to what you said. Why do you have an issue with that? 

There is no point in discussing anything with you because you won't read the source material. (Material BTW- as I mentioned- I heard an economist discuss on the podcast mentioned and had only sparingly seen the article.) The article was posted. Regardless of when the problem was found in 2016, why was it never fixed? Obama had some time to officially fix it. Trump had 4 years. Biden has had 2. It still is broken and it is at the very least a partial reason why gas and oil prices have skyrocketed again. It is a simple fact Trump signed bills on deregulation of Wall Street in his term. Do you disagree with that? If so, can you please provide links or evidence that he did not so we have something to discuss.

It is not solely a Trump issue. I literally said: "it is not wrong to say part of it has been coming for a long time with policies from Presidents on both sides of the aisle. One factor no one has mentioned yet is when Trump deregulated Wall Street in 2017." That does not mean it was solely a Trump issue and if that if your takeaway that is you just being intentionally obtuse at this point.

It is also incredibly naïve to look at stuff like this and think when a new President comes in a reset button gets hit and policies start all over again. Policies that Clinton wrote affected Bush in his presidency. Policies Bush wrote affected Obama in his presidency. Policies Obama wrote affected Trump in his presidency. Policies Trump wrote affected Biden so far. And policies Biden wrote will affect whomever is next. Cycles take time

30 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

The Young Turks  🤣🤣🤣 GTFOH