Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

is timschoschet at war with the entire geek club?

34 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

It's not as fun here anyway.  No music countdowns or drafts.  No decent movie discussion.  Not much of the bolded going on, either as you probably can tell.  

The issue is that so many of the posters here take themselves too focking seriously and can't separate the debates on politics, social issues, Ukraine, investigations, etc., from conversations about movies, music, etc., as well as lighthearted ball-busting.

If MDC, for example, started a movie thread, the usual dooshes in the MAGA peanut gallery would come in, crap on him and attempt to derail a decent movie discussion. Look no further than Toofy's championship thread from Sunday, which Justin tried to clutter up with his childish Chargers posts.

Sometime during the 2010s the board politically went from balanced to hard right, but today it has more balance than it did two years ago.

The early days of the board reminded me of that Looney Tunes cartoon in which the coyote and the sheepdog say "Good morning!" as they clock end, spend the day trying to kill each other and then say "Good evening!" on the way out.

Despite all the arguing and flaming going on, posters didn't take themselves too seriously, and the board had a strong sense of camaraderie.

Nevertheless, there is more of this now than I've seen in a long time, and the board is more entertaining than it has been in a long time.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

What exactly have I lied about? 

That this was an obvious attempt at humor and it's other people's fault you got suspended:

Following up on the last post, I know it’s anecdotal but all the Trump supporting women I know? They’re all pretty, uh, not so good looking. I’m just being completely honest here. 

You know disparaging an entire group of women wasn't acceptable to the moderators there, unless you are a complete foking retard. Obvious trolling the MAGA thread saying you're just joking around and blaming your suspensions on other posters is a perfect example of the pathological lies you tell yourself everyday. 

4 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

That this was an obvious attempt at humor and it's other people's fault you got suspended:

You know disparaging an entire group of women wasn't acceptable to the moderators there, unless you are a complete foking retard. Obvious trolling the MAGA thread saying you're just joking around and blaming your suspensions on other posters is a perfect example of the pathological lies you tell yourself everyday. 

You really think that post was meant to be taken seriously? Do you think the use of the word “uh” might have given away my sense of seriousness about the topic? 

Also- it’s been 2 hours since I asked that question. Which means, I now believe, that you have spent the last 2 hours searching for that post so that you could prove what a supposed liar I am. 2 fukking hours. What does this suggest about you? 

It’s funny to me how Tim plays the victim.  Not too long ago in a discussion about the border it wasn’t too long before he asked me “ why do you hate these people?” Yeah, Fock him and his moral posturing. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s funny to me how Tim plays the victim.  Not too long ago in a discussion about the border it wasn’t too long before he asked me “ why do you hate these people?” Yeah, Fock him and his moral posturing. 

I’m certainly not a victim and never have been. 
And my question too was rhetorical. I don’t think you do hate those people. I was trying to make a larger point. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You really think that post was meant to be taken seriously? Do you think the use of the word “uh” might have given away my sense of seriousness about the topic? 

Also- it’s been 2 hours since I asked that question. Which means, I now believe, that you have spent the last 2 hours searching for that post so that you could prove what a supposed liar I am. 2 fukking hours. What does this suggest about you? 

Troll blames other posters for his suspension.  :lol:  Pathological liar gets caught in a lie. :thumbsup:

More like 5 minutes, I have a job, the new software has a search function that works great.  But yeah, another example of you constructing a false narrative of events.

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m certainly not a victim and never have been. 
And my question too was rhetorical. I don’t think you do hate those people. I was trying to make a larger point. 

Or course you were. Let me first insult this person and claim the moral high ground before I get to my point. So what was the point again? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Or course you were. Let me first insult this person and claim the moral high ground before I get to my point. So what was the point again? 

He's out of control.  He routinely locked himself in his own thread before he came here because he's such a mental case.

Good to back, I was suspended for over a month. Let me address that first: I was suspended because the moderators thought I accused @John Blutarsky of being a racist. I disagreed, I didn’t think I did that, but it’s their call. In any case, @John Blutarsky I have no idea if you’re still hanging around the forum, but if you are I had no intention of calling you a racist, I don’t think you are one and I apologize if I gave off that impression. 

That being said, my post in question was pretty aggressive and these things keep happening to me, especially in recent months, because I break my own rules, the main one being: post about the issue, not the person. If I could just stick to that very wise adage I would never get in trouble, but time and again I forget it. 

The solution, as it was for me a few years ago, is at least for the time being to limit my thoughts and commentary to a single thread. What I figure is that only those truly interested in engaging in discussion will respond to me here, and those are the folks I want to talk to anyhow. Everyone is welcome to discuss stuff in here with me, but I won’t be posting in any other political threads until after the election. Then we’ll see. I hope to stay out of trouble this way. 

What a foking pooosay!  :lol:

Then he threatened to leave, multiple times, because FBGs was beginning to be too toxic. You know the G-rated forum where you can't even post an emoji laughing at someone without getting suspended was too ugly for him:

So I know there are some posters here who would prefer it if I left or was banned permanently. I know this because they’ve posted it. And although in the past it’s never been a consideration, I gotta say it really is one now. I’m getting bored. 
Im bored of the toxicity and ugliness and insults and trolling and name calling. There’s always been an element of this but in recent weeks it’s gotten worse. 
The other day I was making a list in my head of the posters I’ve enjoyed the most over the years, the ones who were the most thoughtful and provided good insight to every discussion. They’re almost all gone. I may be too shortly if things don’t change around here. Doesn’t look good that they will. 

So after he get's it shut down he decides to come over here.   🤣🤣🤣

He can't help himself.  He needs constant attention and rage.  It's like Rusty and Gutter had an autistic child together.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

He's out of control.  He routinely locked himself in his own thread before he came here because he's such a mental case.

Then he threatened to leave, multiple times, because FBGs was beginning to be too toxic. You know the G-rated forum where you can't even post an emoji laughing at someone without getting suspended was too ugly for him:

He can't help himself.  He needs constant attention and rage.  It's like Rusty and Gutter had an autistic child together.

Damn you really are obsessed. Bringing up posts from years ago. How long have you been following me exactly? Totally creepy. 

I don’t think Tim is a bad person, he just happens to be a person who doesn’t care at all if his stances are grounded in facts. There’s nothing in the definition of “opinion “ that says it has to be factual, the opposite actually. Most of us, as we learn about subjects, will change our opinions based on learning new facts. He obviously doesn’t and has no problem basing his stances on his opinions rooted in nothing but feelings. 

Tim needs to watch the Ricky Gervais monologue at the golden globes from a few years ago. He’s talking about celebrities but he’s also talking about the Tims. You have no place telling the rest of us that you’re any better. Even though you think you are.  Keep this in mind: you have the same exact political stance as leftist 19 year olds , except when it directly affects your bottom line. 

20 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

The worst part is, when Tim says:

The other day I was making a list in my head of the posters I’ve enjoyed the most over the years, the ones who were the most thoughtful and provided good insight to every discussion. They’re almost all gone.  

He has no self awareness to realize that he drove half those people away. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I don’t think Tim is a bad person, he just happens to be a person who doesn’t care at all if his stances are grounded in facts. There’s nothing in the definition of “opinion “ that says it has to be factual, the opposite actually. Most of us, as we learn about subjects, will change our opinions based on learning new facts. He obviously doesn’t and has no problem basing his stances on his opinions rooted in nothing but feelings. 

This is good, constructive criticism and I appreciate it. I do try to let facts form my opinions and not the other way around. That’s always been my goal though I admit I’m not always successful at it. I need to try even harder. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

This is good, constructive criticism and I appreciate it. I do try to let facts form my opinions and not the other way around. That’s always been my goal though I admit I’m not always successful at it. I need to try even harder. 

You sound like a fourth grader. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I dunno Tim.  You seem to be a guy who has been successful while not having to be right.  It actually seems like an enviable position.  Having to be right is stressful.  It’s kind of a carefree Cosmo Kramer-esque vibe.

19 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Damn you really are obsessed. Bringing up posts from years ago. How long have you been following me exactly? Totally creepy. 

Step 1 - Limit your posts to this thread only.  Nobody wants to hear your crap.  If they do they know where to find you.

Step 2 - Put the whole forum on ignore.  It's way more ugly than you're used to and always cry about.

I did. I always do when I get time outs, most of which I’ve deserved- I’ve never not taken ownership for those. I always return with the same vows: post about the issue not the other poster. Don’t engage in personal attacks. Try to be excellent to everyone. 
So when I returned I began to offer my views on what was happening in Afghanistan. Admittedly I saw it differently than most of the people here. As always I wanted a discussion and a debate. About 10% of the responses I got were just that:  thoughtful posts that attempted to refute my point of view. Unfortunately the other 90% were personal insults, challenges to my integrity, and just plain ugliness. A couple posters suggested that COVID had addled my brain. And as always a few people accused me of trying to ruin the forum and complained that the mods were still allowing me to post here. 
In other threads I’m reading insults way worse than the posts that got me (rightfully) suspended. They’re just ugly. So yeah I’m bored. Those folks who advise me just to put certain people on ignore- the problem is, those people are almost all that’s left. So why not put the entire forum on ignore? 

🤣🤣🤣

51 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

When someone walks in the room and farts it's kind of hard to not notice. 

You ruined an entire political forum.  You're a forum destroyer, along with the other cry baby FBG rejects.

46 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Obviously, quite closely for years, as evidenced by all this unhinged ranting about how you ruined an entire political forum (which is quite an accomplishment for just person :lol:)

10 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Man this guy really got under so many people's skin.  Nice job, Tim.

The rest of you might want to talk to someone about this.

Lol it’s no “so many”. It’s just a few guys. But they do seem to be obsessed…

27 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Man this guy really got under so many people's skin.  Nice job, Tim.

The rest of you might want to talk to someone about this.

And yet he hasn’t been reported.  That’s your sides style. 

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I was suspended several times, sometimes fairly, sometimes unfairly, for participating in the ugliness that erupted over political discussion ever since the MAGA movement emerged. I was not an instigator of that ugliness. If you want to blame a single person for the PSF being shut down, blame Donald Trump. 

The bolded is childish.  In fact I often told my children (when they were single-digit aged) that they controlled their own behavior and reaction.  I'll tell you the same.

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I really do believe that Donald Trump ushered in an ugliness and bitterness in political discussion in this country that was not present before. I saw it in these discussion boards and I see it in real life. Conservatives and liberals who used to get along even when they often disagreed, who used to be civil with each other, are now rude and uncivil. It’s gotten to the point where I’m afraid to engage in political discussion with most people, and it was NEVER like this before Trump. So do I blame him? I absolutely do. 

HT addressed this, but it wasn't exactly conservatives going off on leftists because of Trump.  Although one might argue that something some folks learned from Trump is that they don't have to sit there quietly and accept woke progressive ideas.  Example:

Wokey:  Isn't it great that trans women can compete in NCAA swimming?!

Pre-Trump Righty:  :mellow:

Post-Trump Righty:  Actually, that's pretty stupid.

I think Leftists had been so inured to saying whatever they wanted without reciprocation that any response that isn't glowingly accepting has caused a shock to their systems.

4 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

It's not as fun here anyway.  No music countdowns or drafts.  No decent movie discussion.  Not much of the bolded going on, either as you probably can tell.  

We've had plenty of drafts/threads on music, movies, books, etc.  If someone randomly dropped in at FBG and they weren't on the first page, one might conclude similar about that place.

4 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

The issue is that so many of the posters here take themselves too focking seriously and can't separate the debates on politics, social issues, Ukraine, investigations, etc., from conversations about movies, music, etc., as well as lighthearted ball-busting.

If MDC, for example, started a movie thread, the usual dooshes in the MAGA peanut gallery would come in, crap on him and attempt to derail a decent movie discussion. Look no further than Toofy's championship thread from Sunday, which Justin tried to clutter up with his childish Chargers posts.

Sometime during the 2010s the board politically went from balanced to hard right, but today it has more balance than it did two years ago.

The early days of the board reminded me of that Looney Tunes cartoon in which the coyote and the sheepdog say "Good morning!" as they clock end, spend the day trying to kill each other and then say "Good evening!" on the way out.

Despite all the arguing and flaming going on, posters didn't take themselves too seriously, and the board had a strong sense of camaraderie.

Nevertheless, there is more of this now than I've seen in a long time, and the board is more entertaining than it has been in a long time.

How I describe this place is it's basically the exact same energy that you get if you are online gaming at all.   I did for a little while a couple years ago for S&Gs, mostly to see what it was like when my son started gaming more.    Basically just a bunch of dooshes yelling at each other, heavy use of the N-word/phag/etc.. telling people they suck, are stupid, and to kill themselves, on and on.    That is basically my impression of this place in my couple months here.     The sadder thing is that this is largely 40-50 year old professional men in here.   

I for sure don't see the bolded here, and I think maybe separating the PSF from the FFA is the reason you still have that over there.   Still people sharing stuff about their families and lives, peacefully yakking about music and movies (even with people they just argued hard with in some political thread).   Here the dickish online culture seeps into that normal stuff too.   Somebody saying The Sickness gave them a hardon for days, the one music draft I clicked on was drafting songs to listen to as you are driving to murder somebody.  I'm sure that's not all of them, I just thought it was fitting for these threads.  

13 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We've had plenty of drafts/threads on music, movies, books, etc.  If someone randomly dropped in at FBG and they weren't on the first page, one might conclude similar about that place.

See my post above about the tone I got from the couple that I have seen an clicked.   

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And yet he hasn’t been reported.  That’s your sides style. 

I get reported more than anyone here, and it's your crybaby side that does it.  I never reported you for calling for my kids to get raped.

5 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

Isn’t the FFA still open?

51 minutes ago, squistion said:

Obviously, quite closely for years, as evidenced by all this unhinged ranting about how you ruined an entire political forum (which is quite an accomplishment for just person :lol:)

You can take some credit too if you want.  You're the guy that constantly cried about emoji use.  🤣

Imagine a grown asss man triggered by an emoji.  

2 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

I get reported more than anyone here, and it's your crybaby side that does it.  I never reported you for calling for my kids to get raped.

“Calling for it”. Saying I wish it were you due to your disgusting comments towards the victim and her family is hardly calling for it. 

4 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

How I describe this place is it's basically the exact same energy that you get if you are online gaming at all.   I did for a little while a couple years ago for S&Gs, mostly to see what it was like when my son started gaming more.    Basically just a bunch of dooshes yelling at each other, heavy use of the N-word/phag/etc.. telling people they suck, are stupid, and to kill themselves, on and on.    That is basically my impression of this place in my couple months here.     The sadder thing is that this is largely 40-50 year old professional men in here.   

I for sure don't see the bolded here, and I think maybe separating the PSF from the FFA is the reason you still have that over there.   Still people sharing stuff about their families and lives, peacefully yakking about music and movies (even with people they just argued hard with in some political thread).   Here the dickish online culture seeps into that normal stuff too.   Somebody saying The Sickness gave them a hardon for days, the one music draft I clicked on was drafting songs to listen to as you are driving to murder somebody.  I'm sure that's not all of them, I just thought it was fitting for these threads.  

Typical FBG, crying about something yet here you are. You keep coming back.  Faux outrage noted.  :sleep:

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

See my post above about the tone I got from the couple that I have seen an clicked.   

I would be surprised if you looked at any of the threads I mentioned and saw "Basically just a bunch of dooshes yelling at each other, heavy use of the N-word/phag/etc.. telling people they suck, are stupid, and to kill themselves, on and on."  If you have a link I'd be open to being shown I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Eye roll. 

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I would be surprised if you looked at any of the threads I mentioned and saw "Basically just a bunch of dooshes yelling at each other, heavy use of the N-word/phag/etc.. telling people they suck, are stupid, and to kill themselves, on and on."  If you have a link I'd be open to being shown I'm wrong.

Like I said, I just clicked on 2 - a horror movie thread where they were a little too into some of the horror movies, and that one music thread.  

I should have been more clear - the political threads are like the dooshes online yelling at each other.   The other two weren't that, they just had a different sort of vibe to them.  

Just now, BuckSwope said:

Like I said, I just clicked on 2 - a horror movie thread where they were a little too into some of the horror movies, and that one music thread.  

I should have been more clear - the political threads are like the dooshes online yelling at each other.   The other two weren't that, they just had a different sort of vibe to them.  

Yeah, even the political threads aren’t as you described. Hysterical ninny claiming things are the way he wants them to be, not the way they are. 

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, even the political threads aren’t as you described. Hysterical ninny claiming things are the way he wants them to be, not the way they are. 

You wished for Gutter’s kids to get raped. That’s worse than what he described. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Exactly, and my post wasn't a direct quote or anything, just saying this place very much has that dooshy gamer energy too it, but it's more amusing because it's largely grown ass men.  🤣 

7 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Instead of. I was responding to him blaming the child victim for her own rape. 

9 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

And when Gutterboy wishes for people to die in a puddle of aids, is that taken literally? No. So you can Stfu now.