edjr

White people "get the hell away from black people"

52 minutes ago, dogcows said:

That story got a lot of attention in the “mainstream” press.

Do those who mainly watch right-wing media just never check out “MSM” sources at all? I swear, every single time I see on this forum “You won’t see the MSM covering THIS!” I look at the front page of The NY Times website and there it is.

I don't see it on the cnn home page, perhaps you can point it out to me:

https://www.cnn.com/

CNN does have an article buried somewhere, if you search for "Georgia," it's about the 7th one down.

Same with NYT, I presume I'm missing it:

https://www.nytimes.com/

:dunno: 

7 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don't see it on the cnn home page, perhaps you can point it out to me:

https://www.cnn.com/

CNN does have an article buried somewhere, if you search for "Georgia," it's about the 7th one down.

Same with NYT, I presume I'm missing it:

https://www.nytimes.com/

:dunno: 

Fun fact: they change the front page of The NY Times every day.

I saw the story on their homepage over the weekend. Funny enough, they have today’s news on there now instead.

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

That story got a lot of attention in the “mainstream” press.

Do those who mainly watch right-wing media just never check out “MSM” sources at all? I swear, every single time I see on this forum “You won’t see the MSM covering THIS!” I look at the front page of The NY Times website and there it is.

Yes, I read it as:  their finely curated righty bubble hasn't notified them of the MSM covering it or not yet.  ;) 

Not always, but many times I've seen that claim, it's been on another site, mentioned elsewhere that I've seen.   I've long tired of the source policing game - nobody is moving off their stance on that anytime soon.  

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Yes, I read it as:  their finely curated righty bubble hasn't notified them of the MSM covering it or not yet.  ;) 

Not always, but many times I've seen that claim, it's been on another site, mentioned elsewhere that I've seen.   I've long tired of the source policing game - nobody is moving off their stance on that anytime soon.  

Leftist pedocrats always "read it as...". 

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Here’s another example of why we need to teach a more accurate history of America.

I never looked at it like that.  None of those slaves ever left the plantation, traveled hundreds of miles, and participated in a million man march.  Really makes ya think.

• Haha 1

Yeah, the slaughter of four who’re people by a black man was the lead story all weekend.  GTFO. 

25 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Fun fact: they change the front page of The NY Times every day.

I saw the story on their homepage over the weekend. Funny enough, they have today’s news on there now instead.

16 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

In case you two harbor any mistaken ideas that the NYT is unbiased, some light reading for you:

https://www.influencewatch.org/for-profit/new-york-times/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/public-editor/liz-spayd-the-new-york-times-public-editor.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/25/opinion/the-public-editor-is-the-new-york-times-a-liberal-newspaper.html

An oldie but a goodie.  I like this because it helps to explain the insidious implementation of bias, for that "derrr we printed an article so we're not biased" crowd.

11 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

In case you two harbor any mistaken ideas that the NYT is unbiased, some light reading for you:

https://www.influencewatch.org/for-profit/new-york-times/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/public-editor/liz-spayd-the-new-york-times-public-editor.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/25/opinion/the-public-editor-is-the-new-york-times-a-liberal-newspaper.html

An oldie but a goodie.  I like this because it helps to explain the insidious implementation of bias, for that "derrr we printed an article so we're not biased" crowd.

Oh relax, jerry.  I know all media has some bias.  I was busting balls, hence the emoji.  

The last part is true, nobody is moving off their sources so that game is tedious and usually just distracts from actual conversation. 

8 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Oh relax, jerry.  I know all media has some bias.  I was busting balls, hence the emoji.  

The last part is true, nobody is moving off their sources so that game is tedious and usually just distracts from actual conversation. 

MSM bias has long been a particular burr in my shorts.  People like you and me look into things enough to not be easily fooled by the bias.  But we are not representative of most of the country, who relies on sources like the NYT and CNN because they are perceived as bastions of impartial news by the unsophisticated masses.

6 minutes ago, jonnyutah said:

That whale is a 6th grader? Lolololol 

Yeah. She's probably 25 years old. 😆

24 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

MSM bias has long been a particular burr in my shorts.  People like you and me look into things enough to not be easily fooled by the bias.  But we are not representative of most of the country, who relies on sources like the NYT and CNN because they are perceived as bastions of impartial news by the unsophisticated masses.

There's no perfect way.  I gravitate to longer form like books or podcasts that dig deeper into topics.   Daily news I mainly stick to 4-5 places.  

If I have to look for info or an article people are talking about, I will click on a nyt, CNN, or fox, but it's not where I start if I can avoid it.  Imo it's not hard. I gave up on social media years ago besides fbgs and this place, which is using that term loosely.  

Eta: imo what has happened in the last decade is the right fought left bias with more bias, just the other direction.  We largely have this country getting 2 very different versions of news and facts. It's only going to get worse with AI. 

All media is biased to some degree. NY Times gets plenty of criticism from the right and left. But regardless of their choice of what to report on, they are very rarely incorrect when it comes to reporting facts.

Problem today is a lot of people get “news” from social media, podcast personalities, and opinion shows on “news” networks.

I miss the pre-Murdoch Wall St Journal. If you had that and the Times, you had accurate news from the right and the left, but both pretty close to the center. 

5 minutes ago, dogcows said:

All media is biased to some degree. NY Times gets plenty of criticism from the right and left. But regardless of their choice of what to report on, they are very rarely incorrect when it comes to reporting facts.

Problem today is a lot of people get “news” from social media, podcast personalities, and opinion shows on “news” networks.

I miss the pre-Murdoch Wall St Journal. If you had that and the Times, you had accurate news from the right and the left, but both pretty close to the center. 

Exactly.  Bias doesn't overly concern me- accurate reporting does.  Bias is expected and can be looked out for.  

Imo what largely happened on the right is as a reaction to left bias, they run to biased AND inaccurate reporting.  There need to be more right leaning reliable outlets.  The reaction to npr and nyt shouldn't be OAN and Newsmax. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Problem today is a lot of people get “news” from social media, podcast personalities, and opinion shows on “news” networks

Why is that a problem? Do you think CNN or Fox is going to report what's really happening? Have you seen any reports on how bad California or Chicago is right now?? NOPE, that's not as sexy as White Supremacy 

4 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Why is that a problem? Do you think CNN or Fox is going to report what's really happening? Have you seen any reports on how bad California or Chicago is right now?? NOPE, that's not as sexy as White Supremacy 

That is a different issue though.  Places like CNN and Fox aren't terrible (talking website, not talking head opinion ).  They are just selective in what they report for obvious reasons.  

It's just WAY harder to parse out accurate info on social media, especially when we should all understand the function of the algorithms and their time on site profit model.  

Just now, BuckSwope said:

That is a different issue though.  Places like CNN and Fox aren't terrible (talking website, not talking head opinion ).  They are just selective in what they report for obvious reasons.  

It's just WAY harder to parse out accurate info on social media, especially when we should all understand the function of the algorithms and their time on site profit model.  

Video says it's not to show the truth.

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I've been working all my life to be rid of them. And some years ago I achieved it. 0 :dunno:

Brain cells? Balls? 

Remember when that old dude shot that black teenager when he was trespassing on the old dudes porch? And the kid lived? That was all over the media, print and televised. Not so much when a black man slaughters 4 innocent white people for no apparent reason. Go away with your nonsense shithead liberals. 

On 7/18/2023 at 5:14 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Remember when that old dude shot that black teenager when he was trespassing on the old dudes porch? And the kid lived? That was all over the media, print and televised. Not so much when a black man slaughters 4 innocent white people for no apparent reason. Go away with your nonsense shithead liberals. 

This is my favorite liberal nonsense. Omg look here are some print articles, see they covered it! 

Black dudes getting kicked out of Starbucks got ten times the coverage. 

Black wrestler had to cut his hair!!!! Massive story. 

Omg a woman in the park called the police on a black guy!!!! 

6 hours ago, jonnyutah said:

This is my favorite liberal nonsense. Omg look here are some print articles, see they covered it! 

Black dudes getting kicked out of Starbucks got ten times the coverage. 

Lol, no sh1t.   Big revelations here that the media outlet have their pet agendas.   Too bad you dorks can't turn some of that wisdom and insight toward your side of the media and lbgtq/crt stuff.  There's a reason the left thinks black people are getting murdered by cops every second and the right thinks the lgbtq army is coming for their kids.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Lol, no .   Big revelations here that the media outlet have their pet agendas.   Too bad you dorks can't turn some of that wisdom and insight toward your side of the media and lbgtq/crt stuff.  There's a reason the left thinks black people are getting murdered by cops every second and the right thinks the lgbtq army is coming for their kids.  

Cause they're idiots?

2019. A total of 7 unarmed black men killed by cops and 3 of them were deemed unjustified killings. All 3 cops went to jail for it. There are a shltload more pedo liberal teachers out there focking up kids heads.

Why do you retards keep lying?

On 7/18/2023 at 4:08 PM, BuckSwope said:

The mainstream media does not just have a bias, they are the mouthpiece for the government establishment, which they do not disclose and are misleading the public. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, jonmx said:

The mainstream media does not just have a bias, they are the mouthpiece for the government establishment, which they do not disclose and are misleading the public. 

They have their collective heads in the sand and are generally low iq. 

41 minutes ago, jonmx said:

This is true, and I would note that they really do not try to hide it.   It would seem they feel that there is a market for political pandering and they happily touch into that, rather than hold to journalistic integrity....which is essentially an oxymoron now.

Media across the board is rife with "misinformation".    We are losing this society as a result.  It happens to all societies eventually, its not like anything is permanent.  We have had a good run.  But we rot from within now and have lost a couple of generations to sinister indoctrination.   I presume the next great empire/nation will be China.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, RLLD said:

This is true, and I would note that they really do not try to hide it.   It would seem they feel that there is a market for political pandering and they happily touch into that, rather than hold to journalistic integrity....which is essentially an oxymoron now.

Media across the board is rife with "misinformation".    We are losing this society as a result.  It happens to all societies eventually, its not like anything is permanent.  We have had a good run.  But we rot from within now and have lost a couple of generations to sinister indoctrination.   I presume the next great empire/nation will be China.

They don't hide their biases, but they do hide just how much they are in bed with the government-corporate elite establishment.  There is a reason all MSM source speak in unison, they all represent the same interests.  Even some of the 'conservative' media has ties to the establishment like Fox News.   True independant journalism is limited to things like podcasts.  YouTube has independant journalism, but there is a giant filter on what can be said without outright banning or shawdown banning.  Twitter is working to become a viable platform for independant journalism.  The idea that the US has a free press died a long time again.     

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jonmx said:

They don't hide their biases, but they do hide just how much they are in bed with the government-corporate elite establishment.  There is a reason all MSM source speak in unison, they all represent the same interests.  Even some of the 'conservative' media has ties to the establishment like Fox News.   True independant journalism is limited to things like podcasts.  YouTube has independant journalism, but there is a giant filter on what can be said without outright banning or shawdown banning.  Twitter is working to become a viable platform for independant journalism.  The idea that the US has a free press died a long time again.     

Agree, it is not unique to left or right, it is pervasive across media.  It might be true that any outlet which reported impartially might not survive, these companies now rely on aggrandizement for views and income.  Its about creating "breaking news" over nothing.

20 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Agree, it is not unique to left or right, it is pervasive across media.  It might be true that any outlet which reported impartially might not survive, these companies now rely on aggrandizement for views and income.  Its about creating "breaking news" over nothing.

Main difference being the right doesn't hate America, think men are women, want to change the racial identity and culture of the US, anything conservative = Hitler -- the left is much worse and far more bias. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Main difference being the right doesn't hate America, think men are women, want to change the racial identity and culture of the US, anything conservative = Hitler -- the left is much worse and far more bias. 

I think there is plenty of bias to be found out there, and I submit that bias is part of human nature, and a big part of the success of humans.

That being said, the left portrays itself as the defender of people from bias, but is in fact itself the most intolerant set of folks out there.