Sign in to follow this  
kozmiq

Nobody talking about Travis Kelce on SNL last night

My God, he was in the first 5 straight Sketches.  He made big time fun of himself in the Doll Sketch.  Then he appeared in a few more before the show ended.  He even got his Brother into a Sketch.

No Guest Host has ever done as much.

There is a snl thread on the first page :dunno:

There are also a couple YouTube sketches that didn't make the cut but might have been better than some that aired.

35 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

Who was musical guest ?

Kelsey ballerini or however you spelled it.   Surprisingly good. 

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

I think the weekend update is one of the best of the shows history.

This team or Saturday’s episode ?

didn't make the cut:

Rather watch paint dry

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

It's 2023.  Does anyone still watch SNL?

not like it used to be :mellow:

3 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

It's 2023.  Does anyone still watch SNL?

this... i could see him being entertaining, but staff and writing is awful. 

SNL hasn't been funny for decades at least...

Having Kelce be the host isn't going to make it any better...

On 3/5/2023 at 1:46 PM, kozmiq said:

My God, he was in the first 5 straight Sketches.  He made big time fun of himself in the Doll Sketch.  Then he appeared in a few more before the show ended.  He even got his Brother into a Sketch.

No Guest Host has ever done as much.

I think it's because no one watches Saturday Night Live.

Kill My Landlord. C-I-L-L. Kill My Landlord. 

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Kill My Landlord. C-I-L-L. Kill My Landlord. 

See what these are, boys and girls? They're drums. That's a musical instrument, you know. Do you know where drums come from? From Africa. Do you know where these drums come from? Smokey Robinson was at the Apollo Theater. And left his van open in the back of the place. I ripped him off. I wonder how Smokey gonna sound with no percussion

7 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

See what these are, boys and girls? They're drums. That's a musical instrument, you know. Do you know where drums come from? From Africa. Do you know where these drums come from? Smokey Robinson was at the Apollo Theater. And left his van open in the back of the place. I ripped him off. I wonder how Smokey gonna sound with no percussion

🤣

6 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

this... i could see him being entertaining, but staff and writing is awful. 

Liberals destroyed comedy.  Even when they see good comedy, they come out with a dumb fact-checking type review.  Check out the USA Today review of Chris Rock’s Saturday night comedy special.  Idiots like this wouldn’t know good comedy if they were trapped in an elevator with Richard Pryor.  

For years now, the wanna be cool guys say they don't watch SNL.  Like look at me me, look at me, I don't watch SNL !

Then, they tell you things that they don't like about it.  😂  Dude, you must be watching.   😂

Of course the writing is not so good and the Cast is so so .. but what else are you doing at 11:30 pm on Saturdays.  Some of it is ok.  Weekend Update has been pretty good.  

I knew I was getting old when I didn't know the Guest Host NOR the Musical Guest.   LOL on me.

:rolleyes:

I have always been a night owl and would watch snl when I was young with my parents in the mid to late 70s.  Watched it religiously for a very long time. There were some periods in the 2000s where the staff was ok and the writing sucked, and vice versa.  Somewhere around 2014 it started putting us to sleep.  Just not good aside from Timberlake and Baldwin 

these days, if we are up, we’ll often have to switch to something else

7 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

:rolleyes:

I have always been a night owl and would watch snl when I was young with my parents in the mid to late 70s.  Watched it religiously for a very long time. There were some periods in the 2000s where the staff was ok and the writing sucked, and vice versa.  Somewhere around 2014 it started putting us to sleep.  Just not good aside from Timberlake and Baldwin 

these days, if we are up, we’ll often have to switch to something else

Must have been something good .. what was it ?

3 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

Must have been something good .. what was it ?

We give it the monologue and a couple of skits. If no good… Seinfeld or Frasier

Because it’s SNL

hth 

57 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

For years now, the wanna be cool guys say they don't watch SNL.  Like look at me me, look at me, I don't watch SNL !

Then, they tell you things that they don't like about it.  😂  Dude, you must be watching.   😂

Of course the writing is not so good and the Cast is so so .. but what else are you doing at 11:30 pm on Saturdays.  Some of it is ok.  Weekend Update has been pretty good.  

I knew I was getting old when I didn't know the Guest Host NOR the Musical Guest.   LOL on me.

… we live in the social media era. You can catch a lot without ever making a point to sit down and watch a show. 
So yes it’s very possible to know it sucks or isn’t as good as when you were younger, etc…