GutterBoy

Cancel Bud Light! Maga Hissy Fit!

1 minute ago, Engorgeous George said:

Oh, since this is also the Engorgeous George/Hawkeye fishing thread i should note i was on the Cache la poudre Sunda and again yesterday.  The Colorado breenback cutthroat trout are very active right now.  all timy, six to eight inches, but very active.  I also cot a cutbo and two small brookies.

I fished another tournament Saturday and sucked.  Caught a ton of bass but not big enough.  The lake I was on has largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass.  Spotted bass are so much fun to catch.

3 hours ago, League Champion said:

You can hate on him all you want.  The dude knows how to work this system.

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I fished another tournament Saturday and sucked.  Caught a ton of bass but not big enough.  The lake I was on has largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass.  Spotted bass are so much fun to catch.

In my limited experience spotted bass like to dive deep when hooked and seek refuge in structure, sometimes tangling the line while largemouth like to fight on or towards the surface and so rarely get tangled.  Makes me think spotted are smarter.

13 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The better question is: why does My Little Blue Pony need to post so many long winded diatribes?

Why do you need to post at all? The world may never know.

13 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I predict things will end badly for him.  He may call himself an influencer, but what he is is a target, a lightning rod.  Some small-minded and angry person is likely to take a shot at that target. That is the nature of targets and the small-minded.

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

In my limited experience spotted bass like to dive deep when hooked and seek refuge in structure, sometimes tangling the line while largemouth like to fight on or towards the surface and so rarely get tangled.  Makes me think spotted are smarter.

They are scrappier.  Just like the smallmouth.  Strong fighters for their size.

5 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I predict things will end badly for him.  He may call himself an influencer, but what he is is a target, a lightning rod.  some small-minded and angry person is likely to take a shot at that targbet.  that is the nature of targbets and the small-minded.

Perhaps.  We should not lose sight that this person has a mental illness.  And mental illness can manifest in a variety of ways. Sometimes the most "normal"-appearing person can have some really sinister manifestations of mental illness; Jared from Subway and Nasser from the gymnastics thing come to mind.  Just how his mental illness evolves cannot be entirely predicted.

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Perhaps.  We should not lose sight that this person has a mental illness.  And mental illness can manifest in a variety of ways. Sometimes the most "normal"-appearing person can have some really sinister manifestations of mental illness; Jared from Subway and Nasser from the gymnastics thing come to mind.  Just how his mental illness evolves cannot be entirely predicted.

Mental illness diagnosed by who?  I know many of us share that opinion but it doesn't make it true.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, RLLD said:

He does, he's a force to be reckoned with. 

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Mental illness diagnosed by who?  I know many of us share that opinion but it doesn't make it true.

Well, we can start with the american psychological association, and I can link to many others. 

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yes, of course. Sometimes common sense and the eyeball test is all you need. Do you really need validation from someone with an agenda? 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Yes, of course. Sometimes common sense and the eyeball test is all you need. Do you really need validation from someone with an agenda? 

Who would have the agenda in this scenario?  The Dr?

41 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The better question is: why does My Little Blue Pony need to post so many long winded diatribes?

We agree. I have pointed that out as well 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Who would have the agenda in this scenario?  The Dr?

Would that shock you? 

The same doctors who counsel or perform child gender reassignment surgery? Do you trust any of them in today's culture? I done 

Just now, League Champion said:

Would that shock you? 

The same doctors who counsel or perform child gender reassignment surgery? Do you trust any of them in today's culture? I done 

That's true but I definitely know our opinions on it don't mean shite.

Just now, League Champion said:

I can tell a creep when I see one 

Creep, yes.  Mentally ill, not so much.

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Anheuser-Busch, the owner of Bud Light, laid off hundreds of US employees, the company announced Wednesday. The beer company has faced lagging sales and backlash after Bud Light's promotion with Dylan Mulvaney, a transgender influencer.

Less than 2% of the beer company's 18,000 US employees would be impacted, Anheuser-Busch told the WSJ reported, which first reported the layoffs. Corporate and marketing jobs were cut throughout offices in the US, the Journal reported.

While Tardcore cheers these people losing their jobs, Roger thinks they'll just walk over to Molson Coors and get new jobs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

While Tardcore cheers these people losing their jobs, Roger thinks they'll just walk over to Molson Coors and get new jobs.

If you’re worried about these people’s jobs, you should start drinking Bud Light. Put your money where your mouth is.

People don’t buy products to give other people jobs, obviously you don’t either.

4 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

If you’re worried about these people’s jobs, you should start drinking Bud Light. Put your money where your mouth is.

People don’t buy products to give other people jobs, obviously you don’t either.

Why should he need to do that?  Some people don't let politics affect their buying habits.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I hope so. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baker Boy said:

I never drank Bud Light before, should I start now?

The problem with and brands that go south, lose a huge amount of market share if they rarely recover, and if they do it will never be the same type of sales it had before.

Bud Light losing 25-30% in market share is a dramatic loss.  Even though Bud Light it will never be what it once was, it is still a profitable beer for AB.  

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why should he need to do that?  Some people don't let politics affect their buying habits.

Because he seems to care.  Yet won't act.  

Why should people who quit the stuff need to come crawling back? 

Can't believe you people are still going on about people not buying a product.  You guys never cared any other time.  Weird.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Because he seems to care.  Yet won't act.  

Why should people who quit the stuff need to come crawling back? 

Can't believe you people are still going on about people not buying a product.  You guys never cared any other time.  Weird.  

I'm in the group that thinks people should just drink what they enjoy drinking.  Don't let politics or anything like that affect what you do.  That's my opinion on the whole thing.  Life is too short and there's too much else to deal with in life to let stupid things like that affect what you do.

I'm in the group that thinks people should just drink what they enjoy drinking.  Don't let politics or anything like that affect what you do.  That's my opinion on the whole thing.  Life is too short and there's too much else to deal with in life to let stupid things like that affect what you do.

I'm in the group that think posts like this are way over the top dramatic for some strange centrist reason.  It's not that big of a deal to walk 2 feet further down the beer isle.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You are a weird cat.  Why do you care what people choose to drink? Seriously, it is so strange.  And you aren't done yet.  

Im in the group that believes people should buy drink and eat whatever they want.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

I'm in the group that think posts like this are way over the top dramatic for some strange centrist reason.  It's not that big of a deal to walk 2 feet further down the beer isle.  

This.  I find his posts on this really strange.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

This.  I find his posts on this really strange.  

He is trying to be a centrist, but he doesn’t know how.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

You are a weird cat.  Why do you care what people choose to drink? Seriously, it is so strange.  And you aren't done yet.  

Im in the group that believes people should buy drink and eat whatever they want.  

I don't care what you drink.  I'm saying I think it's odd to let politics affect what you eat, drink and buy.

3 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

He is trying to be a centrist, but he doesn’t know how.

How am I being anything else?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How am I being anything else?

I don’t know what you are, but you are not a centrist.

Went out for dinner the other night. Ordered a bud light in a bottle. 2 of them 

I am confused why restaurants still have them. :wacko: 

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

I don’t know what you are, but you are not a centrist.

I've don't think I ever said I was on here.  All I've ever said is that I'm not a liberal and I have plenty of posts on here that back that up.

• Haha 1

I've don't think I ever said I was on here.  All I've ever said is that I'm not a liberal and I have plenty of posts on here that back that up.

So you are MAGA?

Just now, Baker Boy said:

So you are MAGA?

Hell no.  I don't claim to be anything.  I'd rather not be affiliated with any group.

38 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I agree somewhat.

The Bud Light boycott was so effective because Bud Light is a very mediocre light beer.   Nothing outstanding about it. There are so many other Light beers that are just as mediocre in the same market. 

The Chik-Fil-A boycott never took off because most everyone loves Chik-Fil-A, and it is much different than others in the same market.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

On 6/23/2018 at 3:36 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

You are 46% conservative and 54% liberal, you are a Centrist!

This seems about right for me.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:43 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

You don't think it's human nature to take sides and complain about the other side?  Humans have been doing this for centuries.

I'm on the Trump sucks side.  Just because all the liberals dislike Trump does not make me a liberal.  Most independents dislike him and there are plenty of conservatives that dislike him. 

I'm a centrist.

Wait... what emoji where people offended by?

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, RLLD said:

He doesn't have a mental illness, he's a con artist.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He doesn't have a mental illness, he's a con artist.

Maybe, I am still on the fence on that point.  It certainly cannot be discounted at this juncture.