Big Guy

NFL DRAFT 2023 ( official / unofficial thread )

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

1) Young

2) Wilson

3) Anderson

4) Levis

5) Carter

6) Witherspoon

7) Johnson Jr

8.) Skoronski

9) B Jones

10) Murphy

11) Stroud

12) Richardson

No trades

I appreciate the bold take. If Stroud falls to 3-4 though isn’t some team selling the farm to move up and take him?

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

I appreciate the bold take. If Stroud falls to 3-4 though isn’t some team selling the farm to move up and take him?

I don't think so, which is why I had him going at 11 to Tenn, one of the few teams left looking for a new QB

Packers are going to do whatever I don't want.  

Tackle. TE. Murphy.  

Hopefully a QB falls to 15 and they can trade out.  Otherwise don't really see a team trading up.   Maybe for one of the tackles or CBs but thats about it.   Such a bad draft class.  

13 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I don't think so, which is why I had him going at 11 to Tenn, one of the few teams left looking for a new QB

I think ATL would be delighted to draft him at 8 and a few teams in the teens (TEN, NE, WAS) would be in the mix to draft up for him. 

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

I think ATL would be delighted to draft him at 8 and a few teams in the teens (TEN, NE, WAS) would be in the mix to draft up for him. 

Depends what teams think of him or Richardson and Levis.  I don't think teams should draft a QB just to draft one.  NE drafted Mac in the 1st then turn around a couple years later and trade up for another? Maybe.  

ATL hasn't seemed all that interested in QB through any of this process.  

I don't blame a team like Hou if they totally skip QB.  If their guy is Young and he is not going to be available then why just say oh well we will just go with the next guy.  They aren't close.  Need a ton.  If rather build the team and then get your rookie QB contract going after pieces are in place.  

It will be interesting to see who is desperate to take a QB and who isn't.    

On 4/13/2023 at 10:09 AM, listen2me 23 said:

I actually have a semi feeling Levis will be higher than the 4th QB off the board.  He has a ton of upside.  Maybe not Richardson levels of upside but a lot of upside.  

Big movement in NFL Draft over night. 

Will Levis moved from 50/1 to 20/1 to go #1 overall at @PointsBetUSA. 

Just moved again to 10/1.

Apparently a guy on reddit posted stufff that he knows Levis and Panthers told him they were taking him.  Post blew up and odds drastically changed.  I think it was all a hoax.

27 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Big movement in NFL Draft over night. 

Will Levis moved from 50/1 to 20/1 to go #1 overall at @PointsBetUSA. 

Just moved again to 10/1.

That's just giving money away right there.

I hope Tampa takes OL in the first and then some combination of OL/LB/DB in the 2nd and 3rd.  On Day 3, I'm hoping for WR/OL/DL/RB.

NFL teams are weird and avoided the QB position last year till the third round accept for Pitt. Some of these qb's that will be taking early are no better then the ones took in the 3rd last year. Heck I would take Howell in the 1st rd over Richardson.

The Giants aren’t extending Adoree Jackson as of now. I think they go CB if they can in the first. 

I don't love the Lions taking a CB at #6 but if none of the 5 above him happen to fall, then best left is what it is.  

Where are you guys gonna watch the Draft?

Like usual lately I have no idea where I can watch anything NFL related other than plain old YOUTUBE

Just now, Big Guy said:

Like usual lately I have no idea where I can watch anything NFL related other than plain old YOUTUBE

NFL Network.  My family room with my son.

ESPN coverage sucks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Guy said:

:lol:

I will be watching the hockey playoffs...  F the draft...

• Haha 1

With friends at the local.  Rangers are on too.  Need multiple TV’s.  

For my team, New York Giants, at 25, players I would love to get that have a shot of being available

1) Deonte Banks

2) Brian Branch

3) Quentin Johnson

4) John Michael Schmitz

5) Emmanuel Forbes

I’d be happy with Skoronski or Bijan at 10. More likely Eagles trade down and end up with Nolan Smith or Van Ness.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

Bijan at 10.

Not a chance. I think Howie stays put, takes best available Offensive or Defensive lineman at 10 and gets his RB, Gibbs or Charbonet at 30. That would be an amazing draft IMO 

Im not some WR guy normally but load up.  Want JSN for thr slot.  Dont think a ton is worth it at 13 unless get a big fall.  Id like a TE in the draft but not at 13.  

Mingo is my guy layer even tho he has shot up the board lately and may go in 2nd round.  No idea how hes like the 7th or 8th WR on most rankings.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Im not some WR guy normally but load up.  Want JSN for thr slot.  Dont think a ton is worth it at 13 unless get a big fall.  Id like a TE in the draft but not at 13.  

Mingo is my guy layer even tho he has shot up the board lately and may go in 2nd round.  No idea how hes like the 7th or 8th WR on most rankings.  

I would love for the NYG to get Mingo if they can trade up for him in the 2nd.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

I would love for the NYG to get Mingo if they can trade up for him in the 2nd.

I can't tell exactly where he will go.  A month ago he was firmly in the 3rd.   But he would be perfect to fill their big slot roll.   Has all the tools really.  

Burks went first round last year at similar size and style.  Yet Mingo's numbers are waaaaaay better.  Better athlete.   And last year was a much stronger WR class coming in.  

Mater Dei high school, about 30 minutes from my house, perennial #1 or #2 in the nation for football, has had a number of great high school quarterbacks, including Matt Leinart, Matt Barkley, Colt Brennan, Todd Maranovich, etc. But none of them have gone #1 in the draft, until tonight perhaps. 

The thing is, I’m not convinced Young deserves to go that high. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The thing is, I’m not convinced Young deserves to go that high. 

Super talented and by far the best QB in this draft, but the size. I just can't get over the size. 

21 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Not a chance. I think Howie stays put, takes best available Offensive or Defensive lineman at 10 and gets his RB, Gibbs or Charbonet at 30. That would be an amazing draft IMO 

I said I’d be happy with Skoronski or Bijan.

I’d call out of my chair if the Eagles draft Bijan at 10.

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

NFL Network.  My family room with my son.

ESPN coverage sucks.

Should be on your local ABC.  But I think that is ESPN's version.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’d call out of my chair if the Eagles draft Bijan at 10

Same, it would be un-Howie like. The fan in me would love that but it makes more more sense to beef up the lines or take Witherspoon if he falls. 

37 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

For my team, New York Giants, at 25, players I would love to get that have a shot of being available

1) Deonte Banks

2) Brian Branch

3) Quentin Johnson

4) John Michael Schmitz

5) Emmanuel Forbes

1) Projected to go 4-5 picks earlier, maybe

2) No, he won't be there 

3) He'll be there for you.

4) Way too early, but ok.

5) He'll likely be there for you.

Giants odds for first pick: WR +120, CB +200, OL +550, RB +850

Quentin Johnson it is.  :thumbsup:  Good luck. 

15 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Should be on your local ABC.  But I think that is ESPN's version.

thanks, but I don't get local TV other than some stuff on youtube

1 minute ago, Big Guy said:

thanks, but I don't get local TV other than some stuff on youtube

Live stream link from NFL.com maybe.

All three days will also stream on the ABC, ESPN and NFL apps — and on NFL.com.

24 minutes ago, MDC said:

I said I’d be happy with Skoronski or Bijan.

I’d call out of my chair if the Eagles draft Bijan at 10.

I hate that you just might get your choice between those two.  I'm hoping Skoronski is gone by then.

Eagle's first draft spot odds: OL -110, DF +110, RB +300, CB +850

Good luck! :thumbsup:

I'm ready to roll with my spreadsheets and draft board. This year offers the promise of such unbridled unprecedented unpredictability that I'm going to be tempted to drink myself into a stupor before it even starts. An accountant's wet dream. Seattle is right in the middle of the no-idea-what-the-Great-Caesar's-Ghost-focking-are-they-going-to-do with any of their many early picks. Not. Jalen. Carter. Anthony Richardson is on the menu at #5. Will Anderson would be better. #20 is probably a trade up/down. Go 'Hawks!!

Oh, and Fock The Celtics!! :mad:  Go Hawks!! 

Dallas first draft spot odds: TE +100, DL +350, OL +400, WR +450

Had 30 visits with 5 of the 6 top WRs. 

I want Bryan Bresee or Darnell Wright and it looks like Bresee has a really good chance at being there for them at 26.  I think Wright was a 30 visit, but realistically they'd have to move up to get him.  

I'll foking puke if they go TE.  I'm high on Ferguson and you can get another guy in the 3rd.

9 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Eagle's first draft spot odds: OL -110, DF

I'd like to see Paris Johnson at 10 and Charbonet at 30 but I don't think Howie would go RB in the first round, especially with all the depth this year. I just hope the QBs all go early and 10 is wide open. 

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

I'll foking puke if they go TE.  

That would be a typical Jerrah move though. Dallas should really focus on the defense this year. They can grab another RB down the line. 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I'd like to see Paris Johnson at 10 and Charbonet at 30 but I don't think Howie would go RB in the first round, especially with all the depth this year. I just hope the QBs all go early and 10 is wide open. 

No way Paris makes it to 10, imo.   You could get Charbonnet at the end of round 1, that's a smart idea.  

12 minutes ago, phillybear said:

I'm ready to roll with my spreadsheets and draft board. This year offers the promise of such unbridled unprecedented unpredictability that I'm going to be tempted to drink myself into a stupor before it even starts. An accountant's wet dream. Seattle is right in the middle of the no-idea-what-the-Great-Caesar's-Ghost-focking-are-they-going-to-do with any of their many early picks. Not. Jalen. Carter. Anthony Richardson is on the menu at #5. Will Anderson would be better. #20 is probably a trade up/down. Go 'Hawks!!

Oh, and Fock The Celtics!! :mad:  Go Hawks!! 

Seattle first pick odds: DL -225, OL +225, CB +600 OL +1500

Seattle won't draft a QB with that high of a pick.  They are in love with Geno. 

I keep seeing Anderson and Wilson trade spots as the #1 Edge that will go before #5.  So, you just might have a choice between one of those two and Jalen Carter.  Jalen, welcome to Seattle!

Agree #20 is a trade down, Seattle thing to do.  Wouldn't put it past them trying to trade out of #5 either.  Good Luck.  :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, Horseman said:

No way Paris makes it to 10, imo.   You could get Charbonnet at the end of round 1, that's a smart idea.  

I think Paris can fall but only if the 4 QBs go inside the top 10. But you're right, even then they'd need a little help. Certainly not impossible that (4) QBs, (2) Edge, (1) DT & (2) CBs go top 9. Maybe even a WR