Hardcore troubadour

Trump INDICTED

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

The feds did a bang up job on the Russian collusion case.  They really had their shite together when they were spying on Americans and lying on wire taps. Pee tape! 

Well then surely Donald and his team of crack lawyers, whomever they are since most have quit, will have no problems showing how he's not guilty in court.

Right boyo?

LOLOLOLOLOL

• Thanks 1

Whitey Bulger remembers the feds having their shitt together. The 9/11 hijackers too. And when Jack Smiths biggest case ever went to the Supreme Court he got shot down 8-0. Definitely have their shite together. 

1 hour ago, BiPolarBear said:

I follow a lawyer on Tik-Tok with 24 years at defending white collar crime defendants. He says he has no clue how he would mount a credible defense. Trump has admitted to too much on tape and video. Add a Meadows flip to that and, well it doesn't look promising for Trump in a court of law. 

Really?  I'm presuming he didn't hire these guys from a billboard ad.  Hell, Hunter is claiming 2A on his gun charge and planning to go all "United States of America!" scene from Animal House as his gun charge defense. 

I'm no lawyer, but the utter lack of caring by the DOJ for past transgressions (and current Biden transgressions) sets a precedent of non-importance.  This actually happened at my first job out of college, where somebody stole some proprietary semiconductor data.  The theif argued that the company made no tangible effort to protect it, and as such they tacitly said they didn't feel it was important.  He won the case.  As a result, our lives became a PITA where our bags had to be manually checked every time we went in and out of the building.  :mad: 

Anyway, that might be a defense. :dunno:

Got to love it. Trumptards will vote for him in the Primary....he'll get smashed by Biden.  

• Like 1

I follow a lawyer on Tik-Tok with 24 years at defending white collar crime defendants. He says he has no clue how he would mount a credible defense. Trump has admitted to too much on tape and video. Add a Meadows flip to that and, well it doesn't look promising for Trump in a court of law. 

There are two practical paths, none of which look very good given the current situation. 

1) The Espionage Act itself violates the Constitution.

2) Prosecutorial misconduct

Here's where I think this situation spins out of control. The DNC wanted Trump pushed to the edge but not actually convicted of anything. The point is to energize his base to help him win the  2024 primary, because he's the only Republican contender that Biden can actually beat in a general election. However what's come out so far has put Team Blue in a position where they are at the point of no return. 

Trump goes down, DeSantis wins the RNC ticket in 2024 and he takes POTUS easily against Biden. It's a strong play by DeSantis here. He is in a position to offer Trump and his family full pardons in exchange for the Trump endorsement. 

People too often conflate justice with actual law. If Hillary Clinton can get away with all the crap that she pulled ( Steele Dossier, her email server, Benghazi, hatcheting Sanders in the primaries, etc, etc) and walk around as a free person, then why is Trump being cornered like this? That's an issue of "justice" Because it's NOT justice to have such a clear double standard. And there is a clear double standard at work. There are things that Team Blue can say and do that Republicans, Conservatives and the GOP can't do. I don't see how anyone can deny that point. 

But in a courtroom, even if this is a "process crime" and would normally be treated as an administrative matter, not a criminal one, all you are promised is the application of the law. 

Trump will get the law. For the double standard issue, he won't get justice. Personally I think he's an idiot grifter. But he's not wrong when he says he is clearly being persecuted to no end and to no limit. From a justice standpoint, the behavior of Obama, Clinton, Biden, Harris, Rice, Tanden, Klain, Pelosi, Harrison, Jeffries and all the rest is completely indefensible. Clinton operatives literally openly lied to a FISA court and DHS and DOJ to persecute Trump. From a law standpoint, Trump has to accept he put himself in a very bad position. When you have this many people hunting you openly, you can't have a margin of error. This is why no one can really beat up on Nikki Haley and Tim Scott in the MSM, they have attention to detail to prevent future scandal. 

This is NOT good for Trump from a legal standpoint. This is a pretty bad situation for him. The political issue is this will likely end up worse as 2024 strategy for the DNC than they hoped. They wanted to bleed Trump out politically, not go the extent of an actual conviction. 

Team Blue might have just handed DeSantis the Presidency. And here's the thing. DeSantis will hunt the wokesters and radical left down in a way that Trump never would. 

Establishment Democrats are likely celebrating now. But they are IMHO miscalculating the situation. They believe this scandal will just energize the Trump base to win the primary. But it's gone too far now. You can't chase someone for 8 years and keep shouting out that you finally have him this time and keep gaslighting the public about it. What Team Blue has done has also "deenergized" their own loyal voting blocks. You can only persecute someone for so long before most people get weary of these half hearted promises to finally put Trump in prison. 

Trump just doesn't realize that he has no margin of error. Yes, it's a process crime in function, but it's still illegal. Yes, it's like finding someone jaywalking and then writing them a ticket, but it's still illegal. 

What happens if Trump actually wins POTUS 2024? I don't think the DNC is prepared for that. 

And if not Trump, what happens if DeSantis wins POTUS 2024? Because now that's more likely and he will go on the full attack if he gets into the White House. 

This looks like a win for Team Blue, but in 2024, it could spiral out of control on them. Trump is in a very indefensible position here. He's cornered. It's not looking good. 

22. As a candidate for President of the United States, TRUMP made the following public statements, among others, about classified information:
a. On August 18, 2016, TRUMP stated, “In my administration I’m going to enforce all laws concerning the protection of classified information. No one will be above the law.”

b. On September 6, 2016, TRUMP stated, “We also need to fight this battle by collecting intelligence and then protecting, protecting our classified secrets. . . . We can’t have someone in the Oval Office who doesn’t understand the meaning of the word confidential or classified.”

c. On September 7, 2016, TRUMP stated, “[O]ne of the first things we must do is to enforce all classification rules and to enforce all laws relating to the handling of classified information.”

d. On September 19, 2016, TRUMP stated, “We also need the best protection of classified information.”

e. On November 3, 2016, TRUMP stated, “Service members here in North Carolina have risked their lives to acquire classified intelligence to protect our country.”

23. As President of the United States, on July 26, 2018, TRUMP issued the following statement about classified information: As the head of the executive branch and Commander in Chief, I have a unique, Constitutional responsibility to protect the Nation’s classified information, including by controlling access to it. . . . More broadly, the issue of [a former executive branch official’s] security clearance raises larger questions about the practice of former officials maintaining access to our Nation’s most sensitive secrets long after their time in Government has ended. Such access is particularly inappropriate when former officials have transitioned into highly partisan positions and seek to use real or perceived access to sensitive information to validate their political attacks. Any access granted to our Nation’s secrets should be in furtherance of national, not personal, interests.

When he showed the secret documents to those folks at Bedminster, he wasn’t trying to commit treason. He was showing off. Such a doofus. But you can’t do what he did. Now he needs to be punished. 

If DeSantis ends up being the nominee I think he will struggle against Biden. No personality, 6 week abortion ban, and he’s defended Trump too much. I say 60-40 Biden if that is the contest. 

Tim Scott would be heavily favored against Biden, IMO. Got the Reagan thing going. 

49 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Really?  I'm presuming he didn't hire these guys from a billboard ad. 

I just don't understand, and am not trying to crack wise. What guys are being hired here? 

Whoa. I just read the indictment. The obstruction and hiding documents is pretty well laid out using Trump's and his lawyers' words. It's going to be an uphill battle to beat just those charges. Why didn't he just comply with the initial request from the National Archive? I guess when you have lived a life of never facing repercussions from your actions, you probably feel like you can get away with anything.

2 hours ago, squistion said:

Stay tuned, kids...the comparison to Gandhi is coming next.

We should go straight to Jesus. He's just like Jesus, only a more criminal, arrogant and puzzy-grabbin' Jesus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Whitey Bulger remembers the feds having their shitt together. The 9/11 hijackers too. And when Jack Smiths biggest case ever went to the Supreme Court he got shot down 8-0. Definitely have their shite together. 

Who focking cares?

🤣

I wonder what him getting house arrest would mean for my $100 bet with Horsemoron.

The bet was that Trump wouldn't spend a day in jail prior to the November 2024 election. But he would be detained, a prisoner in his own home.

Technically, he's not in a prison or jail if he's sitting on his fat orange ass in Turd-a-Lago, screaming incoherent ramblings at Rachel Maddow and firing off one insane Tweet after another.

:wacko:

52 minutes ago, paulinstl said:

Whoa. I just read the indictment. The obstruction and hiding documents is pretty well laid out using Trump's and his lawyers' words. It's going to be an uphill battle to beat just those charges. Why didn't he just comply with the initial request from the National Archive? I guess when you have lived a life of never facing repercussions from your actions, you probably feel like you can get away with anything.

He's not getting out of this one.  He's done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I wonder what him getting house arrest would mean for my $100 bet with Horsemoron.

The bet was that Trump wouldn't spend a day in jail prior to the November 2024 election. But he would be detained, a prisoner in his own home.

Technically, he's not in a prison or jail if he's sitting on his fat orange ass in Turd-a-Lago, screaming incoherent ramblings at Rachel Maddow and firing off one insane Tweet after another.

:wacko:

Anyone heard from horseman?  He's gotta be hugging his trump doll rocking back and forth, sobbing away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

There are two practical paths, none of which look very good given the current situation. 

1) The Espionage Act itself violates the Constitution.

2) Prosecutorial misconduct

Here's where I think this situation spins out of control. The DNC wanted Trump pushed to the edge but not actually convicted of anything. The point is to energize his base to help him win the  2024 primary, because he's the only Republican contender that Biden can actually beat in a general election. However what's come out so far has put Team Blue in a position where they are at the point of no return. 

Trump goes down, DeSantis wins the RNC ticket in 2024 and he takes POTUS easily against Biden. It's a strong play by DeSantis here. He is in a position to offer Trump and his family full pardons in exchange for the Trump endorsement. 

People too often conflate justice with actual law. If Hillary Clinton can get away with all the crap that she pulled ( Steele Dossier, her email server, Benghazi, hatcheting Sanders in the primaries, etc, etc) and walk around as a free person, then why is Trump being cornered like this? That's an issue of "justice" Because it's NOT justice to have such a clear double standard. And there is a clear double standard at work. There are things that Team Blue can say and do that Republicans, Conservatives and the GOP can't do. I don't see how anyone can deny that point. 

But in a courtroom, even if this is a "process crime" and would normally be treated as an administrative matter, not a criminal one, all you are promised is the application of the law. 

Trump will get the law. For the double standard issue, he won't get justice. Personally I think he's an idiot grifter. But he's not wrong when he says he is clearly being persecuted to no end and to no limit. From a justice standpoint, the behavior of Obama, Clinton, Biden, Harris, Rice, Tanden, Klain, Pelosi, Harrison, Jeffries and all the rest is completely indefensible. Clinton operatives literally openly lied to a FISA court and DHS and DOJ to persecute Trump. From a law standpoint, Trump has to accept he put himself in a very bad position. When you have this many people hunting you openly, you can't have a margin of error. This is why no one can really beat up on Nikki Haley and Tim Scott in the MSM, they have attention to detail to prevent future scandal. 

This is NOT good for Trump from a legal standpoint. This is a pretty bad situation for him. The political issue is this will likely end up worse as 2024 strategy for the DNC than they hoped. They wanted to bleed Trump out politically, not go the extent of an actual conviction. 

Team Blue might have just handed DeSantis the Presidency. And here's the thing. DeSantis will hunt the wokesters and radical left down in a way that Trump never would. 

Establishment Democrats are likely celebrating now. But they are IMHO miscalculating the situation. They believe this scandal will just energize the Trump base to win the primary. But it's gone too far now. You can't chase someone for 8 years and keep shouting out that you finally have him this time and keep gaslighting the public about it. What Team Blue has done has also "deenergized" their own loyal voting blocks. You can only persecute someone for so long before most people get weary of these half hearted promises to finally put Trump in prison. 

Trump just doesn't realize that he has no margin of error. Yes, it's a process crime in function, but it's still illegal. Yes, it's like finding someone jaywalking and then writing them a ticket, but it's still illegal. 

What happens if Trump actually wins POTUS 2024? I don't think the DNC is prepared for that. 

And if not Trump, what happens if DeSantis wins POTUS 2024? Because now that's more likely and he will go on the full attack if he gets into the White House. 

This looks like a win for Team Blue, but in 2024, it could spiral out of control on them. Trump is in a very indefensible position here. He's cornered. It's not looking good. 

To sum up: you know nothing about the law.  Violating the espionage act isn’t a “process crime.” You probably heard that term on one of your YouTube videos, and you’re repeating it because you think it makes you sound smart.

Showing classified documents to unauthorized individuals is not equivalent to jaywalking. It’s very serious.

You can write pages and pages of nothing, but did you even try to read the indictment? Give it a go. You might learn a few things. Just the first 3 pages ought to do it. He had nuclear secrets, military secrets, and intelligence source information unattended in boxes in a mar-a-lago bathroom. And he shared some of it with political allies and writers/publishers.

As for the political campaign crap, who cares? I don’t doubt that many people are stupid enough to vote for a crook, but we can just hope those idiots don’t add up to a majority of voters.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Anyone heard from horseman?  He's gotta be hugging his trump doll rocking back and forth, sobbing away.

🤣

I just don't understand, and am not trying to crack wise. What guys are being hired here? 

I wasn't trying to be a smartass; I was merely saying that I presume his lawyers are not some ambulance chasers from a roadside billboard, but rather seasoned expert criminal attorneys.  :dunno: 

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I wasn't trying to be a smartass; I was merely saying that I presume his lawyers are not some ambulance chasers from a roadside billboard, but rather seasoned expert criminal attorneys.  :dunno: 

Do you find it telling that his lawyers resigned? Interesting timing, no?

2 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Do you find it telling that his lawyers resigned? Interesting timing, no?

Isn’t this one of the standard moves? Buys more time, new representation, new bullshet from a new set of bulllshet lawyers. They’ll take a butt load of Trump’s money, he’ll get it from dopes that give it to him, rinse and repeat.

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

They’re not the best. The best won’t work for him now for 3 reasons: he doesn’t pay, he lies to them, and it’s a stain to have defended him. He’s not an honorable guy. 

16 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

His lawyers took a look at he indictment and skeddadled, apparently.

🤣

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

There are no shortage of lawyers waiting to take Trump’s money. He’s like an ATM. 

Apparently he doesn't pay his bills, like musk.

25 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Like Rudy Giuliani? 😂😂

Seriously though, Jim Trusty has a solid-looking track record, with 27 years of experience prosecuting organized crime. Seems like a guy you want defending this case. If he is bailing out, that is a very bad sign for Trump.

That being said, he didn’t say why he left, so maybe now that the indictment is out, Trump wants either a plea deal expert or if he decides to go to trial, a forceful litigator.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Apparently he doesn't pay his bills, like musk.

That is always a risk when working with a scumbag.

One of the most hilarious aspects of this was him stacking boxes in the bathroom, and you can see boxes poking up from a shower stall.

Yeah, this is sound safekeeping of classified documents. 

And an aid describing them as "beautiful mind boxes."

What a whack job. And in 2016 part of his platform included tightening up on classified documents.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/politics/heres-where-donald-trump-allegedly-kept-classified-documents-at-mar-a-lago/index.html

🤣

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

OK. I am saying that the best lawyers, let alone billboard lawyers, have nothing to work with. You said lawyers with a "s" at the end. I think he may be down to one new guy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/06/09/trump-todd-blanche-indictment-lawyer-john-rowley-jim-trusty/

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

One of the most hilarious aspects of this was him stacking boxes in the bathroom, and you can see boxes poking up from a shower stall.

Yeah, this is sound safekeeping of classified documents. 

And an aid describing them as "beautiful mind boxes."

What a whack job. And in 2016 part of his platform included tightening up on classified documents.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/politics/heres-where-donald-trump-allegedly-kept-classified-documents-at-mar-a-lago/index.html

🤣

The Deep State made Trump take these documents and talk about them on tape.

It’s not he’s a dope who doesn’t care or understand anything, it’s a conspiracy to stop him from cleaning the government out.

The grifter cheesy reality tv show guy is the one who will save our democracy! 

Uh-oh.

27 minutes ago, squistion said:

Uh-oh.

These brain washed idiots are gonna try and start a civil war, aren't they?

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

TRUMP gets charged with Espionage but Obama give $1.7 billion in cash to Iran  https://foreignaffairs.house.gov/blog/5-times-obama-admin-insisted-cash-way-pay-iran/

If DeSantis takes POTUS, this entire scandal opens up Pandora's Box. 

What the DNC, Team Blue HQ and the Biden Administration has done is create a bureaucratic nightmare for everyone in high level politics. Especially those in the vaunted "gerontocracy" class of "political elite" in America. The Biden regime is full of recycled holdovers from the Obama Administration. The easiest way for DeSantis to sweep up his political enemies is to go after Obama through the Solyndra and the Operation Fast And Furious scandals. It drags in Biden, Susan Rice and many others naturally. 

There has been previously an understood informal understanding that you don't go after POTUS that leave office. Well that previous political "norm" is now over. Former POTUS and their individual messes need to be seen in isolation. If you go Obama later, as these "norms" are now all gone, then it's going to have to be through OF&F or Solyndra, not likely through Iran. (Though Iran is a huge cluster f**k on it's own via Obama's stupidity) 

This is very bad for Trump right now. It's however good for DeSantis. And indirectly it's now become bad for Joe Biden in 2024 but good for RFK Jr for the DNC ticket a year from now.  If you take this outside of Trump, one of the critical mistakes that Team Blue made here is trying to game this out on DeSantis' home turf. This is a HUGE WIN for DeSantis in terms of his bid for POTUS. 

Practical functional governance will grind to a halt if both sides wage a proxy war using pedantic enforcement. To what degree of minutiae is the DNC and the RNC willing to take this for the future?  This is like someone needing to keep a job as an everyday working class person and they know their owner ( of the business) and their managers despise them and want them out. You need to have no margin of error. You need to give people nothing to use against you. One of Trump's major errors was not just letting Kellyanne Conway run the country for him in 2016. She would have crossed all the T's and dotted the I's, she's very good at handling what's happening and what is likely to happen. 

Team Blue was looking for a scalp and Trump did his part to walk into it. Yes, it's a function of overall political persecution, and that's not acceptable, but Trump did nothing to help himself ( Again, he does that a lot unfortunately)  For Trump, every hill is the hill he figuratively needs to die on. It was not this hill. This is extremely hazy for him, but let's see how it plays out. 

If you desire "retribution", likely you'll have to wait until someone else other than Trump from the GOP retakes POTUS at some point. And it's going to happen eventually. This was a VERY EXPENSIVE move by the DNC and the Biden Administration. For the long term. The impact to them won't happen today, but it sets off a level of administrative backbiting that will grind practical government to a halt. 

Harry Reid knew that nuking the judicial filibuster would have long term damaging impact for the Democrats. He just didn't know when or how. The end result was the tradeoff for a few Court Of Appeal seats that Obama wanted in a pure grudge match ending up turning into Gorsuch going to SCOTUS. Which turned into the numbers to upend Roe, which now turned 15-22 million Pro Life Democrats into potential "single issue voters" as newly formed moderates for the GOP. Not just for POTUS but all down the ticket as well. You can make a move that breaks "norms" but the consequences can be long lasting and unpredictable. On the flip side, Mitch McConnell and his moves against Merrick Garland has turned into a pure revenge tour for Garland right now, and churches are literally being burned and he's just slow walking it on purpose because his own judicial legacy was robbed from him. Now parents at school board meetings are being called potential "domestic terrorists" 

As Chris Rock says - You can do something, but it doesn't make it a good idea. You can push an old man down a flight of stairs. But it doesn't make it a good idea. Just don't do it. 

There are a lot of establishment Republicans who want Trump gone too. They had to endure Dr Oz and Herschel Walker as political candidates. Because of Trump.  Trump is a narcissist and a grifter. But he wasn't always wrong about the things he talked about. However DeSantis is much more lethal long term to Team Blue. I don't think they've truly calculated that out yet. 

This scandal is a mess. But it's also the beginning of an even larger pathway to total government chaos. 

Here's something Van Jones said and unfortunately many Democrats ignored it. He mentioned that if Team Blue finally "gets Trump" then they need to have something else besides just chasing, hunting and hating Trump. There needs to be real strategy and policy to help the material needs of real working class Americans. And that's the other issue no one is talking about. Once you remove Trump from professional politics, the DNC has no one else to blame for their gigantic indefensible failures the past 4-5 years. They lose their "sin eater" for good. And then what's left? Shouting about Trump doesn't change what working class parents see with gasoline prices and grocery store prices and housing costs. It doesn't bring back the losses from suburban women voters, Asian American voters, small business owners, Hispanic/Latino voters, the military vote, the law enforcement vote, White Evangelicals and holdouts from poor rural white Christian America. It doesn't change the enemies made with massive platforms like Elon Musk, Joe Rogan, Dave Chappelle and others. 

I'll be glad when Trump is gone. I don't agree with the sheer level of pure political persecution against him though because it's indicative of how the "establishment" will go after anyone who doesn't toe a very specific line. But the "total cost" to "get Trump" was extremely expensive for Team Blue. The long term costs are going to be staggering. 

Trump f**ked around, so now he has to find out. 

Team Blue HQ, the DNC and the entire Obama/Biden regime f**ked around too, and soon they'll also find out. 

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

These brain washed idiots are gonna try and start a civil war, aren't they?

I'm sure there will be tens of people there!

• Haha 1

So much nonsense from Gekko (Blue Horseshoe). He writes so many paragraphs and it’s all crap. This is good news for RFK Jr.? OK sure. 

I do agree with him that getting rid of Trump could be bad for the Democratic Party. That’s true IF the Republicans return to the party of Ronald Reagan (meaning personal and fiscal responsibility) and stop all this paranoid, anti immigrant, anti work crap. They ain’t gonna get there with DeSantis. 

But forget about the Democratic Party and Republican Party. Getting rid of Trump will be great for America. 

If convicted, Trump should get the death penalty. Put this P.O.S. out of our misery and put behind us this political cancer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hillary was careless. No big deal. 

If DeSantis wins POTUS, he'll handle the Clintons by going after Chelsea Clinton. 

She works for the Clinton Foundation now. She was seen as a pure "civilian" when she was a teenager and before she decided to work for her mother. But now with the Clinton Foundation and on it's board, she's a viable political target. DeSantis can hurt Hillary and Bill by doing everything in his power to see if there is some scandal that can get Chelsea Clinton thrown in prison. 

There are no more "norms"

Obama's daughters? If they've done something illegal, now the GOP will try to put them in prison. The children of every major Team Blue "brand name" politician are fair game. Just like the DNC will see all the children of high level GOP politicians as a new target rich environment. 

The "old rules" are gone. Both sides now are going to go after everyone, all the time and this will include families and children. 

If no one believes me, crack open a history book sometime. Political enemies, at some point of long standing vicious feuds, always end up with their children dragged into that chaos. 

Hillary and Bill Clinton are much harder, close to impossible to put into prison. Chelsea Clinton? Not so much.