LaChup

UPDATE: Jonathan Taylor: Asking For A Trade - New Contract Extension!

10 minutes ago, League Champion said:

This is great for Anthony Richardson. He's going score every one of their touchdowns and run for 1300+ yards. He'll have to. 

Who else is going to do it? 

Taylor or no Taylor, I foresee a lot of stacked box defenses.  "Go ahead throw it rookie - we dare ya."

Richardson's 12 starts (only started 13 total) at UF last year... 53.8% comp. Average distance 7.8 yds.  17 td / 9 int.  Against the likes of South Florida, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Eastern Washington, etc.

#4 overall pick... ? Guess that's why I'm not a gm.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Taylor or no Taylor, I foresee a lot of stacked box defenses.  "Go ahead throw it rookie - we dare ya.

This is normal for rookie QB.   until the QB can prove he can beat you through the air, they will run this type of D.

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

This is normal for rookie QB.   until the QB can prove he can beat you through the air, they will run this type of D.

Most rookie Qbs at least proved they could beat defenses in college. Richardson only proved he could run.

As a Gator fan I'm rooting for him. But 4th overall stunned me.

1 minute ago, GobbleDog said:

Most rookie Qbs at least proved they could beat defenses in college. Richardson only proved he could run.

As a Gator fan I'm rooting for him. But 4th overall stunned me.

Well, we will see.  my personal opinion is that he needed time to refine his technique and adjust to the NFL but the Colts obviously feel differently.

in about a month, we will find out if they were right.

• Like 1

Six teams have inquired about Taylor's availability and two have made offers, per Holder.

Complete guess:

1) Broncos 2) Bengals

3) Vikings 4) Redskins 5) Rams  6)  ???

Please don't be my Dolphins.

I’ve said before, but feel like the Bears are the best situation.  They don’t have a stud RB, Fields is under his rookie deal for a couple more years, and they have their draft picks to use in a deal.

That said, IMO the Colts look way worse than Taylor in this.  The message is we don’t want to pay you, but will only accept a 1st round pick that will likely come with a high price tag in exchange.  I wouldn’t want to play for them either.

7 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

I’ve said before, but feel like the Bears are the best situation.  They don’t have a stud RB, Fields is under his rookie deal for a couple more years, and they have their draft picks to use in a deal.

That said, IMO the Colts look way worse than Taylor in this.  The message is we don’t want to pay you, but will only accept a 1st round pick that will likely come with a high price tag in exchange.  I wouldn’t want to play for them either.

well, we dont have all the facts.

1) we do not know how much money the guy is actually asking for.    if hes asking for 15 Mil I cannot blame the team for balking at that.

2) you cant blame the team for wanting a first round pick.  to draft a player of his calibre, thats likely what you need.

Granted the guy you draft is on a rookie contract so money is cheaper, but you also have less certainty in terms of the talent.   if the guy you spend that draft pick on is a bust, the buying team then got a premium player for nothing (at least from indy's perspective)

I'm sure there is some fault on both sides in this (usually thats the way it shakes out in the end)

Lets just keep an open mind.   there is a lot we dont know here.

19 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Complete guess:

1) Broncos 2) Bengals

Pretty sure I've read multiple places that the Fins are very interested, and Bills are interested too. Vikings seem to make a lot of sense to me.

21 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Complete guess:

1) Broncos 2) Bengals

if Jeudy is out this may complicate the Broncos Situation.   I have to think a WR may become the priority if Jeudy is out for the year.  

if hes  only out a few games, maybe this deal is still desirable. 

32 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

I had read a number of reports.  it sounds like the colts really are considering trading him so there is a fair chance it does happen.

34 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I had read a number of reports.  it sounds like the colts really are considering trading him so there is a fair chance it does happen.

It's personal now. Both sides hate each other, that's why this trade will happen. I still doubt they get a 1st rd pick.

18 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

It's personal now. Both sides hate each other, that's why this trade will happen. I still doubt they get a 1st rd pick.

JT needs to be careful.  how you leave an organization on the way out is just as important.   if he burns the bridge too badly teams wont want him.

Colts gave Taylor until Tuesday (Aug 29) 4:00 pm est to find a trade partner, otherwise - no deal.

He's got about 45 minutes.

Someone this weekend in both of my leagues will take the plunge, but it won’t be me, I’ll be drinking my sweet tea and saying to myself , suckers.   

Here is what I don’t understand about NFL IR rules.

So for the last week or so the Colts have said we want a 1st round pick, so one would assume he’d be healthy enough to pass a physical and be ready for week 1 with a new team.

Now that they didn’t get what they wanted in a trade, he’s too injured to activate, and has to miss the first 4 weeks.

Which is it Colts?

It’s the deva rule.  

I said it before the preseason. This could be another Le’Veon Bell situation, which I called then too.

told everybody to pick up Connor back then.

The only unfortunate factor is, there is no real clear cut back up to Jonathan Taylor.  But I did take Deon Jackson as my last pick in the draft last week.🤓

I just don’t understand what happened from the miami side. The last two days they’ve been moving heaven and earth clearing up cap space and making moves.

27 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I just don’t understand what happened from the miami side.

I'd bet the reason no deal got made with any team is because the Colts refused to budge from the unconditional 1st round pick demand.

Taylor disliked the Colts before... he's probably boiling with hate now. He found trading partners, but the Colts wouldn't negotiate.

3 hours ago, makindollaz said:

Here is what I don’t understand about NFL IR rules.

So for the last week or so the Colts have said we want a 1st round pick, so one would assume he’d be healthy enough to pass a physical and be ready for week 1 with a new team.

Now that they didn’t get what they wanted in a trade, he’s too injured to activate, and has to miss the first 4 weeks.

Which is it Colts?

exactly. It's the first--he's likely healthy enough to pass a physical and play or they would never have been asking for a 1st rounder. He's now on the PUP because there's a massive rift now. he's steaming angry that there were solid offers but the Colts refused to accept them...so he's likely told them he won't play....so they'll stash him on IR to keep him healthy and likely continue to pursue trade options before the NFL trade deadline. The Tue 8/29 deadline was just an artificial Colts imposed deadline before roster cuts.  He ain't playing again for the Colts and could just sit the whole year if an acceptable offer doesn't come in. I don't see how anybody would draft him before round 5 or 6 at this point, and even then...too risky. 

4 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

so which RB steps up Jackson, Hull, or Moss?

Yes. 

3 minutes ago, Super Cubs said:

I could that backfield being FFB hell where each of them get 400-500 yards and 4-5 TD’s on the season, making none of them playable week-to-week.

1 minute ago, Super Cubs said:

When Taylor went down last year, the Colts used Moss as the primary early downs guy. Moss had a few nice weeks and a huge massive week 18. They used Jackson primarily as Moss' backup and as the pass catcher.  In the pre-season games this year, Jackson has started ahead of Hull, prob cause Hull is a rookie.....so right now, assuming they do not sign Kareem Hunt, I'd say they will rotate Jackson and Hull, with Jackson getting the start and slight edge. But once Moss is back (maybe week 2 or 3?), then Moss should be the guy with Jackson catching passes and Hull factoring in. But Hull could easily take over this backfield by mid season...he was a true 3-down back at Northwestern and he may be better than all of them.  It'll be a hot hand approach. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2023 at 3:06 PM, GobbleDog said:

Name to remember Rb 78 Evan Hull - Colts 5th rd pick out of Northwestern.  Listed 4th on depth, but that's not set in stone. Reportedly good receiver with great vision. Some think had he played in the SEC, he'd have gone 2-3 rds earlier. Combine results were similar to Bijan Robinson in every category.

I posted this a while back based on "expert" talk I heard, who nicknamed him - The Incredible Hull:ninja:

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

I'd bet the reason no deal got made with any team is because the Colts refused to budge from the unconditional 1st round pick demand.

Taylor disliked the Colts before... he's probably boiling with hate now. He found trading partners, but the Colts wouldn't negotiate.

Yeah, but if any trade for him was that first rounder and everything else is a nonstarter then why go through the process at all? I just can’t see Miami making all those moves and saying oh well they’ll probably settle for a second round or at the end

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

This for sure .I was talking to my dad about this today. They do not want to pay him but they want a 1st round pick for him. No team is going to pay a first for a RB entering his contract year when they can find a younger faster RB they can control for 5 years in the next draft. Probably for less than a first.  Watch. When he comes back from being on the pup they will make a trade for a 2nd and 3rd with Miami. 

He's too expensive to keep, but too valuable to trade. I say, you say, we all say, FIRE IRSAY!

• Like 2

We are already seeing a shift.  Barkley and Jacobs both caved.

teams are standing their ground and these players can do 1 of 2 things.

Honor your contract and play or watch your career and income disappear.

L bell situation taught every owner a big lesson. Dont spend the money on a long contract for a rb after the rookie contract..

2 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Anthony Richardson

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I posted this a while back based on "expert" talk I heard, who nicknamed him - The Incredible Hull:ninja:

Thanks for the tip. I saw him score a touchdown in the Colts last preseason game.

43 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

We are already seeing a shift.  Barkley and Jacobs both caved.

teams are standing their ground and these players can do 1 of 2 things.

Honor your contract and play or watch your career and income disappear.

L bell situation taught every owner a big lesson. Dont spend the money on a long contract for a rb after the rookie contract..

I wouldnt say they caved.   they did get more than the franchise tag salary so they at least got something.

at the end of the day the market is soft for RB's this year.

2 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah, but if any trade for him was that first rounder and everything else is a nonstarter then why go through the process at all? I just can’t see Miami making all those moves and saying oh well they’ll probably settle for a second round or at the end

I wouldnt be surprised if Miami made a reasonable offer but the owner wanted to punish so he didnt pull the trigger on the trade.

instead he put him on the PUP list which guarantees he wont play for 4 games.   Not sure what that accomplishes.   maybe it gives JT some time to cool down, but he still draws full salary so that could also be viewed as a diplomatic move.

not sure what to make of all this

:dunno: