Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

TNF Discussion: Lions at Chiefs - Wk1

1 minute ago, nobody said:

Goff gets an absolute duck to Reynolds for a first.

Still he threw it accurately on a rope, There are no points awarded for perfect spirals. 

Chris Jones would've been useful for the Chiefs on that TD drive by the Lions there.

I was just about to post before the TD, Montgomery looks spry. Good vision and burst.  Not just a plodding bowling ball.

Just now, rallo said:

Monty will be steal the of the draft... and frankly I need it.

hes looked real good on this drive.   LaPorta good block on his TD scamper too.

They just need to keep running over the right side of their line.  That's where they seem to be finding daylight.  Left side seems to be shutdown.

• Like 1

Happy I have Montgomery on my team, stashed as a backup this week. Will be interesting to see how many touchdowns he scores this year after what Jamaal Williams did last year with the Lions.

They just need to keep running over the right side of their line.  That's where they seem to be finding daylight.  Left side seems to be shutdown.

I never really thought about that, until you mentioned it.   but now that I think about it, I"m pretty sure you are correct.

Chiefs also didn't install a tush push play and it might cost them this game.

Just now, nobody said:

Chiefs also didn't install a tush push play and it might cost them this game.

It's a copy cat league, so that play will be en vogue after the Eagles showed how to do it. 

Well, except my Dolphins. Ball can be on the 1 inch line and Tua ain't taking it.

3 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

It's a copy cat league, so that play will be en vogue after the Eagles showed how to do it. 

Well, except my Dolphins. Ball can be on the 1 inch line and Tua ain't taking it.

They should just bring in Mike White for tush push duty.  

All you need to be able to do is get pushed forward or fake it and pitch it if they defense loads the d-line shoulder to shoulder.  Not like they need Tua for that.

Toney, Toney, Toney has done it again.

if he wants the #1 WR job this isnt a way to get it.

Oh my god.  This is like the super bowl loss to tampa all over again.  No one can catch.

• Like 1

I guess the story tomorrow is going to be the Chiefs let all their receivers leave. 

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

Oh my god.  This is like the super bowl loss to tampa all over again.  No one can catch.

I think this is worse. (other than the fact it was happening in the superbowl)   its just been drop after drop.   Insane

2 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Guy in my league started Skyy Moore = 0 points.

as long as its not you, you're good.

11 minutes ago, nobody said:

I guess the story tomorrow is going to be the Chiefs let all their receivers leave. 

another week or two like this and I guarantee some of them would be replaced

I played D Monty over Pacheco. That KC actually threw to Pacheco was something knew but they couldn't run for crap. Monty didn't bust anything off, but 21 carries will do!

Surprised the Lions didn't throw much to the backs - Monty or Gibbs. But hey, they won.

8 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

another week or two like this and I guarantee some of them would be replaced

By who? 

Just now, weepaws said:

By who? 

if they cant catch a pass I suspect anyone would be better.   multiple players had multiple drops.  it was beyond pathetic.

Mahomes threw a lot of dimes that were dropped.

Shocked that right tackle from the Chiefs wasn't flagged on every play. Illegal alignment/off the line of scrimmage, or whatever they call it, even the announcers were calling it out. He also moved early on many plays. No calls. Lions should have had many sacks.

• Thanks 1

Mahomes looked bad throwing behind, and above his WRs.  Gibbs is exactly what the experts thought he would be.  My prediction that Denver wins that division took a big step forward last night.

9 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I missed the first half due to some volunteer committments that conflicted with the first half.

What did you get arrested for?  🙂

13 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Skyy Moore baby!  Time to see if the hype train is just a bunch of steam or there's real chemistry with Mahomes.

3 targets, 0 rec, 1 carry for 4 yds... well that didn't go as hoped.  In Skyy's defense, the whole offense looked out of sync. 

All Wr's tend to boom-or-bust more than Qbs or Rbs, but that's especially true with every Chief Wr drafted since Tyreek. And they mostly bust.

10 hours ago, Philo312 said:

Montgomery hit that hole quick.  Veteran vision there.    Monty > Gibbs this season 

Pffft. Montgomery was plodding and slow. He picked up some first downs but without the touchdown it’s a woefully inefficient performance. 

As a Gibbs owner I’m optimistic after that game. Not the week 1 I hoped for points wise, but he nearly matched Monty’s yards in less than half the touches. Miles more explosive. If it weren’t for the fact that it was a) his first ever NFL game and b) against the reigning champs with a shot at an upset win if they could control the clock, he would’ve matched Monty. If he stays healthy it’s a 55-45 or even closer to 50-50 split IMO.

As a non Gibbs owner I am relieved I never had a chance to draft him. Monty will likely  outproduce him…