seafoam1

TNF Discussion: Lions @ Packers Wk 4

1 minute ago, IMMensaMind said:

I do.

Are you a fan of the Packers?

It should be a fun game to watch. Great Thursday night game. I'm all in on  the Lions on this one though. 

Lifelong Packers fan. Love is going to appreciate getting Jones and Watson back - and hopefully Bahktiari too. D will improve further with Jaire back. 

22 hours ago, IMMensaMind said:

I do.

fully healthy?  maybe.   

but with a Gimpy WR and A Jones out?  No.

as it stands it sounds like they both have a chance to play but I guess the question will be how effective they will actually be?

If I was setting the spread I'd probably have it at like 4.5 points or 5.5 points rather than the 1.5 points that we see.  I guess that's close enough to say they are competitive if you wanna get technical about it.   but its on the fringe in my opinion.

the Defense is better than the Lions, but the Lions offense is superior to theirs.

22 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Lions only -1.5? Anyone see the Packers even competing here? 

Sucker bet set up by Vegas? Like the majority never guessing AZ would win last week? I have no idea. I was a terrible gambler and stopped years ago 😂

A lot has to do with if Bahktiari is back. If not they are going to have a really hard time with the lions line.  They looked terrible though last week till carr got hurt and the lions can move the ball really well. I would take the lions and the over of 46.5   27-21  final score for the lions. 

Christian Watson won't be gimpy if they put him out there. If he reinjures his hamstring he'll be out. All or nothing, but I think they limit his snap count a bit.

david bakhtiari and Jenkins are out for tonight. Love is going to spend most of his night trying not to get killed by Hutch. 

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

david bakhtiari and Jenkins are out for tonight. Love is going to spend most of his night trying not to get killed by Hutch. 

Just needs to use the game plan from week 1 or 2 against Hutch (false start every play and dare them to call it or hold the man like you would hold your lover).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Just needs to use the game plan from week 1 or 2 against Hutch (false start every play and dare them to call it or hold the man like you would hold your lover).

That first game. Jeez. I thought the cops might get called for a domestic. My kid and I were both yelling at Taylors false starts. 

3 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Sounds like all the dudes will be playing: Aaron Jones, Christian Watson, David Montgomery.

I read Montgomery is NOT expected to play. 

1 minute ago, gridirongoofs said:

I read Montgomery is NOT expected to play. 

It was a mistake. The corrected it. But still GB is missing 2 linemen and possibly Alexander from their D. 

22 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Think I'll try my luck with that Achane guy over a semi-recovered Montgomery this week.

Me too

David Bakhtiari to IR

Inactives

Lions: S Kerby Joseph, CB Emmanuel Moseley, G Halapoulivaati Vaitai, RB Zonovan Knight, FB Jason Cabinda, DT Brodric Martin

Packers: WR Malik Heath, CB Jaire Alexander, S Anthony Johnson Jr., S Zayne Anderson, LB Brenton Cox Jr., LB De'Vondre Campbell, G Elgton Jenkins

Line: DET -2.5
Total: 44.5

Goff should maybe stop throwing the ball to the other team. 

Greenbay has another lineman limping. If they do not start using the TE and Rb on screens they are gonna get love killed

Goff still looks like he is off to me. He looks like the early season goff from last year not the goff from the last part of the year. 

2 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Goff still looks like he is off to me. He looks like the early season goff from last year not the goff from the last part of the year. 

Are you watching the same game as I am? 24-0. Looks like the GB QB looks *off* or as we like to say skittish? Nervous and jerky?

3 minutes ago, Chickie said:

Are you watching the same game as I am? 24-0. Looks like the GB QB looks *off* or as we like to say skittish? Nervous and jerky?

I am watching mongomery look stellar. I still see goff missing a lot of routes that are open. Like not hitting the person who he should be.  I am a lions fan. It makes me happy to see them doing well. I am just a little worried. 

Sure am glad I started A Jones in 3 of 5 leagues!!!

🤬🤬🤬

10 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I am watching mongomery look stellar.

Well, 2 TDs are nice, but I'm not sure that 11-29 is stellar.

This kid Love has zero pocket presence. LeFleur’s team is obviously ill prepared for a short week game. Time to change the channel and watch Love after lockup reruns.

On 9/26/2023 at 6:05 PM, seafoam1 said:

Lions only -1.5? Anyone see the Packers even competing here? 

LeFleur’s team is obviously poorly prepared for a short week game, so no.