Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

MNF Discussion: Seahaws at Giants

Inactives

Seahawks: CB Coby Bryant, CB Tre Brown, CB Artie Burns, LB Nick Bellore, OT Charles Cross, OT McClendon Curtis, G Ben Brown

Giants: RB Saquon Barkley, LT Andrew Thomas, DL Jordon Riley, S Bobby McCain, S Gervarrius Owens

Line: SEA -2.5
Total: 46.5

21 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

All in on the Seahawks. -2,5 :thumbsup:

I am taking the seahawks money line,  Jones to throw 1 td.  Geno smith to throw 1. Walker to score and go over 54.5 and the under. Jones is really really bad but will likely score on an equally bad seahawks secondary that had ranked the worst in passing D going into this week. 

19 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

I am taking the seahawks money line,  Jones to throw 1 td.  Geno smith to throw 1. Walker to score and go over 54.5 and the under. Jones is really really bad but will likely score on an equally bad seahawks secondary that had ranked the worst in passing D going into this week. 

With Barkley being out that should help the Hawks focus more on the pass defense. 

I like the Walker over as well but my book doesn't have prop bets. Probably all the better for me. 

looks like geno may have issues.  I had that happen to me once.  it was nasty

9 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

looks like geno may have issues.  I had that happen to me once.  it was nasty

Did they say what it is? Other than the guy fell on the back of his legs? It almost looked like his instep(s) was overextended. 

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

Did they say what it is? Other than the guy fell on the back of his legs? It almost looked like his instep(s) was overextended. 

probably a sprained ankle but possibly an achilles injury.

really depends on the angle he pushed down on the back of his leg.  for me I had that happen and I was in a lot of pain for weeks afterwards with an ankle sprain.  interestingly enough it was the front of my ankle that hurt.     granted that was high school and we didnt have training staff,   but I wouldnt be surprised if hes gone for the game.   possibly one more game depending on how bad it is.

Just now, Ray_T said:

probably a sprained ankle but possibly an achilles injury.

really depends on the angle he pushed down on the back of his leg.  for me I had that happen and I was in a lot of pain for weeks afterwards with an ankle sprain.  interestingly enough it was the front of my ankle that hurt.     granted that was high school and we didnt have training staff,   but I wouldnt be surprised if hes gone for the game.   possibly one more game depending on how bad it is.

I think they just said knee now. Could have been either I guess. 

I needed Geno to have a good game for a chance at a win. Guess I can go to bed now.

Just now, Law said:

I needed Geno to have a good game for a chance at a win. Guess I can go to bed now.

I hate that so much when that happens. :mad:

2 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I think they just said knee now. Could have been either I guess. 

for me my toes were pointed down when the guy came down on my calves.   but if he had come up higher it could have been my knee (in theory)

It's funny watching all the Giant's fan face painters looking like dopes, all moping and quiet. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Inactives

Seahawks: CB Coby Bryant, CB Tre Brown, CB Artie Burns, LB Nick Bellore, OT Charles Cross, OT McClendon Curtis, G Ben Brown

Giants: RB Saquon Barkley, LT Andrew Thomas, DL Jordon Riley, S Bobby McCain, S Gervarrius Owens

Line: SEA -2.5
Total: 46.5

You forgot to list Darren Waller 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, seafoam1 said:

What did they pay Daniel Jones again? 😆

Almost as much money as they’re paying Burrow. Better off with a hungry QB instead of one that’s got his belly full and lost his motivation. Such are the disadvantages of the gazillion dollar long term contracts.

1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

This Giants' offensive line... whoa. 🤮

yeah, 10 sacks is way too many.   That was a bad scene

6 hours ago, Ray_T said:

yeah, 10 sacks is way too many.   That was a bad scene

I was down 34 points in my main league going into this game with only Seattle Def to go. They scored me 37.3. I also beat the league average by .7 points. :banana:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

What did they pay Daniel Jones again? 😆

A LOT and for nothing. He sucks. He had ONE good game against a crap defense last year.  Up until then he had numbers that you’d a CUT a quarterback over,  it sign him to a guaranteed deal.  Sorry Giants, yer focked big time. The fans should sue management for ticket refunds.

In 1 league, needed 7 pts out of Waller to win.  I lost.

In my other league, needed 21 out of Waller and Metcalf.  I lost.

I'm rage-dropping this overhyped junkie first thing tomorrow

6 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

I was down 34 points in my main league going into this game with only Seattle Def to go. They scored me 37.3. I also beat the league average by .7 points. :banana:

I just want to add that I deserved this focking >1% chance win on Monday night in my league. 2 of the last 3 weeks I lost scoring the second most points for the week (losing to the team with the most scored obviously) and the other loss was I scored the 3rd most points in the same 12 team league for the week and lost to the dude that scored the second most points that week. :mad:

7 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

In 1 league, needed 7 pts out of Waller to win.  I lost.

In my other league, needed 21 out of Waller and Metcalf.  I lost.

I'm rage-dropping this overhyped junkie first thing tomorrow

Waller was hyped by a lot of people. That's tough to swallow. 

All I needed was jones to score ONE td by air or ground and I would have won 750.  fock you Jones you suck so bad.  There is NO way he is a better QB than his backup Tyrod Taylor

4 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Waller was hyped by a lot of people. That's tough to swallow. 

He was wide open in the back of the Endzone behind the WR on that pick 6.  Jones was locked on the wrong WR.

Guarantee that's what the Coach said to him, when he threw the Ipad down.

So part of this is clearly on the giants coach. If your QB is getting absolutely smoked every single time he drops back you have to run screens and draws to keep them off balance. 10 sacks is absurd. You are not bringing someone in to chip? You are not shifting the line and doing some bootlegs? You are not max protecting him?  There are well tried ways in which to slow down a defense that has it's ears pinned back every single play. If you let them do that they are going to continue to do that.  Terrible play by jones. He is not a big boy NFL QB but also terrible coaching. Second time this year I have seen a coach allow a QB to get beat to shitt instead of using a te or rb to chip the rush. 

52 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

So part of this is clearly on the giants coach. If your QB is getting absolutely smoked every single time he drops back you have to run screens and draws to keep them off balance. 10 sacks is absurd. You are not bringing someone in to chip? You are not shifting the line and doing some bootlegs? You are not max protecting him?  There are well tried ways in which to slow down a defense that has it's ears pinned back every single play. If you let them do that they are going to continue to do that.  Terrible play by jones. He is not a big boy NFL QB but also terrible coaching. Second time this year I have seen a coach allow a QB to get beat to shitt instead of using a te or rb to chip the rush. 

I agree.  though during the game I noted (either here or on another thread) someone complaining that the giants are using Waller to block too much.   I assume this was an attempt to solve this issue but clearly it did not work. (not well enough anyhow)

yes part of this falls on the coach, but even so, the line is not doing its job either.  Not sure if this is a drafting issue a coaching issue or a player development issue (or all of the above)

I do not know if the line has been dealing with injuries so this could (in theory) play a part as well.

All I do know is while I was watching it was Bad.   so bad I actually ended up turning the TV off.   Its no fun watching a good team kick the crap out of a bad one.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I agree.  though during the game I noted (either here or on another thread) someone complaining that the giants are using Waller to block too much.   I assume this was an attempt to solve this issue but clearly it did not work. (not well enough anyhow)

yes part of this falls on the coach, but even so, the line is not doing its job either.  Not sure if this is a drafting issue a coaching issue or a player development issue (or all of the above)

I do not know if the line has been dealing with injuries so this could (in theory) play a part as well.

All I do know is while I was watching it was Bad.   so bad I actually ended up turning the TV off.   Its no fun watching a good team kick the crap out of a bad one.

I understand you are not paying waller to block and to be honest he probably should not be. But you bring in the blocking TE or a focking full back or even a backup linemen and chip. The entire team looked bad. really bad. But the coaching could have made this at least competitive. Like you said no one wants to see a shitt game. Even if you are a fan of the team winning by the 6th or 7th sack you have to feel for a guy. 

That look he has though. It is a cross between a caterpillar and President Biden/Mitch McConnell. I have never seen a QB look so lost. Ever in my life. I have seen backups come in with more poise. Zach Wilson at this point has a chance to be better this year. Danial Jones has no chance. His only decent game came when Arizona took their foot off the gas. If they had kept playing aggressive the giants would be winless going into a stretch they are likely not to win a single game for a month.