Tree of Knowledge

War in Israel

3 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Liberals look to an Autistic Kid to tell them what to think because they can't think for themselves. 

How sickening.  I guess we shouldn't be surprised she's a facist.

Ever notice how the people who are most distrustful of the MSM are also the easiest marks for fake news?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, MDC said:

Ever notice how the people who are most distrustful of the MSM are also the easiest marks for fake news?

This has always been the case. But in the age of MAGA it’s far worse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yeah. The Russia hoax was very indicative of that. And Covid. And every war in the last 70 years.  

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. The Russia hoax was very indicative of that. And Covid. And every war in the last 70 years.  

The fact that you still think Covid was a hoax proves his point. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

The fact that you still think Covid was a hoax proves his point. 

When did I say Covid was a hoax? When you have to make things up you have surely lost the day. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Also FWIW Trump’s connection to Russia (in 2016, and even now) has not and never been a hoax. 

russia russia russia, trump worked with russia to steal the election

19 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

russia russia russia, trump worked with russia to steal the election

Pretty much. And don’t look now he’s trying to do it again. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Pretty much. And don’t look now he’s trying to do it again. 

So you should be able to find plenty of people who were like I was gonna vote for Hillary then I saw a Russian ad and voted for trump instead. Where are they?

and you think he’s working with Russia again. How?

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

So you should be able to find plenty of people who were like I was gonna vote for Hillary then I saw a Russian ad and voted for trump instead. Where are they?

I didn’t say that it made a big difference. It didn’t. Trump would have won anyhow. But he was working with them. 

And he is again. He has his folks in Congress repeating their propaganda: 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna146760

• Haha 1

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

I didn’t say that it made a big difference. It didn’t. Trump would have won anyhow. But he was working with him. 

Ahh ok sure 😝 

remember when democrats agreed Ukraine wasn’t gonna be part of nato. Good times

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Ahh ok sure 😝 

remember when democrats agreed Ukraine wasn’t gonna be part of nato. Good times

Remember when Republicans agreed we were going to help Ukraine win this war. Good times. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I didn’t say that it made a big difference. It didn’t. Trump would have won anyhow. But he was working with them. 

That article has nothing to do with Trump, and nothing to do with the election. 

:dunno:

Just now, Strike said:

That article has nothing to do with Trump, and nothing to do with the election. 

:dunno:

These are all maga guys and they’re doing his will. Don’t kid yourself. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Remember when Republicans agreed we were going to help Ukraine win this war. Good times. 

I remember when Trump was president this war didn’t exist. Also I’m against any democrat or republican who is pro Ukraine funding just to be clear 

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

These are all maga guys and they’re doing his will. Don’t kid yourself. 

For a guy who requires a confession to believe a lib has done anything wrong, you sure are willing make a lot of assumptions about others.

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

For a guy who requires a confession to believe a lib has done anything wrong, you sure are willing make a lot of assumptions about others.

MAGA types can contradict my assumptions anytime they want: all they have to do is criticize Trump. Any criticism at all will do. 
You claim not to be a MAGA guy. Yet in this forum you find a way to defend him from all criticism. What is one to assume? 

12 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I remember when Trump was president this war didn’t exist. Also I’m against any democrat or republican who is pro Ukraine funding just to be clear 

I know you are. To your credit you have been very consistent on this issue. Wrong but consistent. 

MAGA types can contradict my assumptions anytime they want: all they have to do is criticize Trump. Any criticism at all will do. 
You claim not to be a MAGA guy. Yet in this forum you find a way to defend him from all criticism. What is one to assume? 

Trust me, I take no joy in defending Trump.  I hate the man to the core as a person.  That doesn't change the fact that people like you are on a witch hunt to get him.  The 2016 Russia BS has been proven to be false.  Show some proof if you believe it.  The only proof was a dossier financed by Hitlery and the Dems and proven to be false.  All of these trials are politically motivated to try to prevent him from becoming President again.  At the very least, if you believe in the rule of law, you should withhold judgment until the trials are over.  The fact that you've already declared him guilty shows your bias.  Of course, considering you thought the NY trial was a tax trial so I'm not surprised.

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Trust me, I take no joy in defending Trump.  I hate the man to the core as a person.  That doesn't change the fact that people like you are on a witch hunt to get him.  The 2016 Russia BS has been proven to be false.  Show some proof if you believe it.  The only proof was a dossier financed by Hitlery and the Dems and proven to be false.  All of these trials are politically motivated to try to prevent him from becoming President again.  At the very least, if you believe in the rule of law, you should withhold judgment until the trials are over.  The fact that you've already declared him guilty shows your bias.  Of course, considering you thought the NY trial was a tax trial so I'm not surprised.

I don’t declare him guilty. I think he is, in most cases. But if juries find him not guilty then of course I’ll accept the result. But we have to have jury trials first and Trump is doing everything he can to avoid that. Which should tell you something. 
By stating “all of these trials are politically motivated” you’re expressing a bias far stronger than mine. 

I don’t declare him guilty. I think he is, in most cases. But if juries find him not guilty then of course I’ll accept the result. But we have to have jury trials first and Trump is doing everything he can to avoid that. Which should tell you something. 
By stating “all of these trials are politically motivated” you’re expressing a bias far stronger than mine. 

Well, polling shows most people believe my stance and not yours.  So there's that.   This place was a lot more enjoyable when you stayed in your own thread as you said you'd do.

18 hours ago, Strike said:

Give me a percentage.

He already did numb nuts.  You claimed it was inconsistent with all the polls you’ve seen.

On 4/4/2024 at 3:43 PM, Strike said:

What a load of crap.  Every poll I've seen since October shows the majority of Israelis support eradicating Hamas and have no problem with what Netanyahu is doing, and on the other side every poll I've seen shows the majority of Palestinians support Hamas and believe they've done nothing wrong.  This is really a pretty simple situation, and it should be easy to pick a side.  Those who oppose Israel are disgusting people IMO.  Welcome to the club oh disgusting one.

Weird that they have no problem with Netanyahu, but he’d lose an election if held today according to a recent poll - https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/poll-gantz-holds-his-lead-over-netanyahu-even-amid-new-hope-split-and-ongoing-war/

An earlier poll on 11/3 said 76% wanted Netanyahu to resign, although seems like that was mostly just blaming him for them being attacked in the first place - https://www.npr.org/2023/11/11/1211767117/israel-netanyahu-growing-opposition-hamas-war-gaza

18 minutes ago, Strike said:

This place was a lot more enjoyable when you stayed in your own thread as you said you'd do.

Lol not to you. You couldn’t wait to post in it at every possible moment. If reading and reacting to my posts is the ultimate indicator, you are very clearly my biggest fan in this forum. Which I do appreciate. 

3 hours ago, MDC said:

It's exhausting but necessary to double check everything nowadays because it all comes with a political lens / spin.

17 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

He already did numb nuts.  You claimed it was inconsistent with all the polls you’ve seen.

Weird that they have no problem with Netanyahu, but he’d lose an election if held today according to a recent poll - https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/poll-gantz-holds-his-lead-over-netanyahu-even-amid-new-hope-split-and-ongoing-war/

An earlier poll on 11/3 said 76% wanted Netanyahu to resign, although seems like that was mostly just blaming him for them being attacked in the first place - https://www.npr.org/2023/11/11/1211767117/israel-netanyahu-growing-opposition-hamas-war-gaza

No.  I want to know what percentage of Israeli's participated in these protests.  As I noted in a previous post, any decent sized country will have a "large number" of people who oppose certain policies.  It's the percentage of the citizens that matters.  If a thousand people in the U.S. protest I don't blink an eye because it's an insignificant percentage of our populace.  I don't know what the population of Israel is.  

12 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Lol not to you. You couldn’t wait to post in it at every possible moment. If reading and reacting to my posts is the ultimate indicator, you are very clearly my biggest fan in this forum. Which I do appreciate. 

Not when you stayed in your own thread.  You stayed there and I stayed out of it 90+ percent of the time.  Only when you choose to pollute other threads do I feel compelled to respond, and it's not nearly as much as you think it is.  There is no way I represent the largest number of replies to you.  But because barely anyone actually sought out interaction with you in your thread you abandoned your commitment to stay there, just as @supermike80, myself, and even @squistion predicted.  That, and welching on a bet, show your true character.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

I know you are. To your credit you have been very consistent on this issue. Wrong but consistent. 

Wrong?  How so? We are zillions in debt. Americans are suffering. All wars are lies. There hasn’t been a single conflict in our history that wasn’t a total lie. 
so therefore I am against all of them 

36 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Wrong?  How so? We are zillions in debt. Americans are suffering. All wars are lies. There hasn’t been a single conflict in our history that wasn’t a total lie. 
so therefore I am against all of them 

Because if Ukraine loses it will cost us more in both blood and treasure. 

37 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

. All wars are lies. There hasn’t been a single conflict in our history that wasn’t a total lie. 

And of course this is untrue. To cite only 2 of many examples, the Civil War and World War II were both highly noble efforts are not lies at all, whatever that means. In both cases we did much for human freedom. 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

No.  I want to know what percentage of Israeli's participated in these protests.  As I noted in a previous post, any decent sized country will have a "large number" of people who oppose certain policies.  It's the percentage of the citizens that matters.  If a thousand people in the U.S. protest I don't blink an eye because it's an insignificant percentage of our populace.  I don't know what the population of Israel is.  

So the summer of 2020 riots weren’t bad because it was only a small percentage of US citizens?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strike said:

According to a poll, 76% of the population thought Netanyahu should resign about a month after they were attacked

3 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

He asked Russia for propaganda on Biden and Ukraine.  Lies you believe.

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Trust me, I take no joy in defending Trump.  I hate the man to the core as a person.  That doesn't change the fact that people like you are on a witch hunt to get him.  The 2016 Russia BS has been proven to be false.  Show some proof if you believe it.  The only proof was a dossier financed by Hitlery and the Dems and proven to be false.  

The Steele dossier was not proven to be false.  There were parts that were not corroborated but other parts were prescient.

The Mueller report does show how Russia interfered with the 2016 election.  Misinformation bot farms, hacking of voting software, it all happened.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Strike said:

Well, polling shows most people believe my stance and not yours.  So there's that.   

I want to respond to this point because you’ve made it several times on a variety of issues. Let’s be clear: the number of people who agree with you about any given topic neither adds nor takes away from your correctness on that topic. For myself, I tend to become distrustful of my views if I find that a majority agree with them. 

5 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

This is a Russian propaganda account. You know that, right?

I don’t believe anything Hamas says. 
I don’t believe everything Israel says. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t believe anything Hamas says. 
I don’t believe everything Israel says. 

I’m at the point, I don’t believe it unless I see it and getting to the point I wonder if that’s even real

You know, I can't find an Onion Bagel to save my life?  It's been years.  Oliver Sudden, I can only get an Everything Bagel. 

Oh great. Let me call in sick to work while I spend the next 24 hours with dental floss, toothpicks,  toothbrushes, a dental hygienist and possibly firearms to clean between my teeth.