Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Speaker of the House discussion

46 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Not rewriting anything. I happen to know more than was reported.  Strauss was a creep that groped college athletes for years. He gave his special physicals to more than wrestlers. 

I’m not denying that, I’m saying the wrestlers, in particular those on the team when Jordan was a coach, are the ones that got the story out into the public.

Earlier you mentioned “powerful predatory homosexuals” in the plural form, but as far as Jordan is concerned, the anger is only about Strauss.  And honestly most of them aren’t even mad at what he did or didn’t do at the time, just that he’s denying any knowledge of it now.

Ol Jim needs 17 of 20 Republicans who voted no to flip. Voting resumes tomorrow morn. Those poor dudes phones will be blowing up. The amount of groveling, arm twisting must be insane.

4 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Maybe the party can convalesce around George Santos---he's a pretty good representation of the modern GOP.   

Your house isn't glass, it's paper meche. 

What would you say you do here, Jim?

Link

Search for Jimbo. He doesn’t seem to really do the make legislation thing. Doing interviews and carry Don’s water is a full time gig!

Another vote coming tomorrow. But the Jordan folks seem far less confident tonight than they were last night when I started this thread. 

The thing is, if there is a plan B I don’t know what it is. There are enough conservative votes to prevent a moderate. There appears to be enough moderate votes to prevent a conservative. (I use the terms “conservative” and “moderate” here in their most current sense and not in what those terms traditionally have meant.) There’s also been speculation about a bipartisan candidate but frankly I don’t see how that’s possible. The two parties are about as far apart as they’ve ever been. 

So what now? 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Another vote coming tomorrow. But the Jordan folks seem far less confident tonight than they were last night when I started this thread. 

The thing is, if there is a plan B I don’t know what it is. There are enough conservative votes to prevent a moderate. There appears to be enough moderate votes to prevent a conservative. (I use the terms “conservative” and “moderate” here in their most current sense and not in what those terms traditionally have meant.) There’s also been speculation about a bipartisan candidate but frankly I don’t see how that’s possible. The two parties are about as far apart as they’ve ever been. 

So what now? 

McHenry, indefinitely 

3 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Most patriots don’t care who is Speaker as long as they implement an America First agenda.  

Yup. They'll get it figured out eventually. The OP will have to move on to something else at that point.

We do appreciate what an extreme leftist thinks on the situation though, Thanks for your concern Tim. :thumbsup:

• Sad 1

It's tough working with these 20 extremist RINOs.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Yup. They'll get it figured out eventually. The OP will have to move on to something else at that point.

We do appreciate what an extreme leftist thinks on the situation though, Thanks for your concern Tim. :thumbsup:

Hey you’re welcome. 

4 hours ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Most patriots don’t care who is Speaker as long as they implement an America First agenda.  

Actually it’s really encouraging to me that a majority of Republicans seem to be rejecting this. Maybe, hopefully, there’s not as many “patriots” as you think? 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Actually it’s really encouraging to me that a majority of Republicans seem to be rejecting this. Maybe, hopefully, there’s not as many “patriots” as you think? 

Hopefully anyone not down with America First is purged in 2024

2 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Hopefully anyone not down with America First is purged in 2024

If you want the Republicans to be a permanent minority I suppose that would be your best option. 

Congressman Don Bacon, my district in Nebraska voted for Kevin McCarthy. He won't be getting my vote next time he runs.

Biden can forgive student loans without congressional approval but he can’t give aid to Israel? Sure. 

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

If you want the Republicans to be a permanent minority I suppose that would be your best option. 

All we need is one legit election to make everything right permanently.  

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Biden can forgive student loans without congressional approval but he can’t give aid to Israel? Sure. 

I know I feel good about forgiving debt to Hamas sympathizers at these universities

18 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

All we need is one legit election to make everything right permanently.  

But Don is 77. “President for Life” has a hallow ring at that age. Unless you’re thinking about an order of succession? Give the keys to Don Jr.? 

51 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

But Don is 77. “President for Life” has a hallow ring at that age. Unless you’re thinking about an order of succession? Give the keys to Don Jr.? 

Father Trump might be immortal.  If not AI or cloning should be on the table.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Reality said:

Your house isn't glass, it's paper meche. 

MAGAts are always pretty dumb, but seriously?   There's a terrorist threat in there?   If you believe that, then your MAGAt God Trump makes terrorist threats every time he opens his fat mouth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gas said:

MAGAts are always pretty dumb, but seriously?   There's a terrorist threat in there?   If you believe that, then your MAGAt God Trump makes terrorist threats every time he opens his fat mouth.

Yes, literally. 

The whole thing is stupid.  I’m not a McCarthy fan but the GOP is cutting off its nose to spite its face.  It’s like a High School popularity contest.  

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

The whole thing is stupid.  I’m not a McCarthy fan but the GOP is cutting off its nose to spite its face.  It’s like a High School popularity contest.  

They all are.

56 minutes ago, Reality said:

Yes, literally. 

Yeah, I don't like her either, but:

Repeating the false claim that Israel bombed a hospital constitutes a terrorist threat in MAGAtLAND.    Got it.   Just trying to understand stupid.

58 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

The thing is some people think this is some noble thing as opposed to being dysfunctional. Get your shet together GOP.

The crew that thinks that opening the border during a pandemic is a good idea is complaining about dysfunction. Too funny. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The crew that thinks that opening the border during a pandemic is a good idea is complaining about dysfunction. Too funny. 

Yep. Today’s GOP is the standard bearer for functioning government 😂

They are just missing the Benny Hill music.

The crew that thinks Rachel Levine should have a say in our healthcare, including mental health, is complaining about dysfunction.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dems put up Liz Cheney and vote for her peel off an handful of Republicans and get this done for the gang who can’t shoot straight!

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Dems put up Liz Cheney and vote for her peel off an handful of Republicans and get this done for the gang who can’t shoot straight!

I'm going to use one of your lines:  Why do you care?

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I'm going to use one of your lines:  Why do you care?

Wasn’t aware that was one of my lines! In any case would be good to have a Speaker. Republican’s won the House so they should have first choice of who gets the job. They can’t figure it out apparently, so Dems pick a conservative for them. :wipeshands:

2 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Wasn’t aware that was one of my lines! In any case would be good to have a Speaker. Republican’s won the House so they should have first choice of who gets the job. They can’t figure it out apparently, so Dems pick a conservative for them. :wipeshands:

But really, why do you care?  Don't you have more important things to care about?  Like <insert liberal cause of the day here>?

9 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

But really, why do you care?  Don't you have more important things to care about?  Like <insert liberal cause of the day here>?

Do we get one thing to care about? Didn’t know this!