Sign in to follow this  
Vince44

Trump slams Mitt Romney

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-claims-mitt-romney-begged-to-be-secretary-of-state/ar-AA1iIelW

Former President Donald Trump is claiming that Senator Mitt Romney "begged" to join his administration as U.S. secretary of state.

Trump endorsed Romney's run as the 2012 GOP nominee for president. However, the pair have had a contentious relationship for most of the time since Trump became the 2016 nominee, often engaging in a war of words that has included a number of personal insults.

In a scathing Truth Social post on Monday, Trump lashed out at Romney as "a total loser" and celebrated his recent announcement that he would not seek reelection in 2024. The former president boasted that he had "forced" Romney out of politics.

"Mitt Romney, a total loser that only a mother could love, just wrote a book which is, much like him, boring, horrible, and totally predictable," Trump wrote. "I am very proud to be the one who forced this Left Leaning RINO ['Republican in name only'] out of politics."

Trump complained that Romney's "crummy book says nothing good about anybody" except for former GOP House speaker and 2012 running mate Paul Ryan, whom the former president also denounced as a "RINO."

Romney has not recently authored a book. However, he is quoted extensively in author McKay Coppins' forthcoming biography Romney: A Reckoning. The book features the Utah senator lashing out at the current state of the Republican Party, including strong criticism for Trump.

Trump suggested that the book should have mentioned Romney allegedly begging him for a Cabinet position following his surprise 2016 election victory over former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

"Does he mention his late night dinner with me at Trump International Hotel when he begged to be Secretary of State, then giving GLOWING COMMENTS about DJT at a follow up News Conference?" wrote Trump.

"I didn't give him the job, NOR DID I EVER INTEND TO," he added. "I JUST WANTED TO PROVE A POINT, THAT MITT ROMNEY IS, & ALWAYS HAS BEEN, A LIGHTWEIGHT JOKE!"

Newsweek reached out for comment to Romney's office via email on Monday.

Isn’t Romney a racist/ misogynist/ homophobe? That’s what we were told when he ran for president.  

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Isn’t Romney a racist/ misogynist/ homophobe? That’s what we were told when he ran for president.  

If Trump put down Hitler the liberals would cry about it. 

32 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

If Trump put down Hitler the liberals would cry about it. 

That seems unlikely.

On a visit to Europe to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of the first world war, Donald Trump insisted to his then chief of staff, John Kelly: “Well, Hitler did a lot of good things.”
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

That seems unlikely.

On a visit to Europe to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of the first world war, Donald Trump insisted to his then chief of staff, John Kelly: “Well, Hitler did a lot of good things.”

Hitler did do a lot of good things. How is he wrong?

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

😧

Yeah, I guess he did if you can overlook starting WW2 and that Holocaust thingee (which one might think would negate any good deeds).

9 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

lol, if Trump could do literally anything and you idiots would go along with it.

Hell, I bet if he even went so far as to praise Hitler you morons would immediately take it and run with it :lol:

Oh wait :doh: 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

lol, if Trump could do literally anything and you idiots would go along with it.

Hell, I bet if he even went so far as to praise Hitler you morons would immediately take it and run with it :lol:

So Hitler didn't do anything good? You are stuck on Trump? TDS must really hurt. 

And why are you changing the narrative to "Praising Hitler"?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

So Hitler didn't do anything good? You are stuck on Trump? TDS must really hurt. 

And why are you changing the narrative to "Praising Hitler"?

Sure, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Putin, Jong Un, Xi… apparently you guys love em all now :thumbsdown:

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Sure, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Putin, Jong Un, Xi… apparently you guys love em all now :thumbsdown:

I love comparing them to the liberal party in this country. Because that's accurate.

To be so blind to say that all evil people in the past have never done anything good for other(s) is just comical. 

22 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

And yet you here you are discussing it. 

7 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I love comparing them to the liberal party in this country. Because that's accurate.

To be so blind to say that all evil people in the past have never done anything good for other(s) is just comical. 

Evil people that do some good things are still evil people.

15 minutes ago, Reality said:

Liberals love Romney, right up until he runs for President. 

I don’t love him, mostly because I think he’s a deeply naive fool.

I mean obviously he’s a smart and successful guy, but here he is in 2023 saying he’s shocked, shocked!, at the depth of the depravity to which the Republican Party has fallen. When it’s been patently obvious since at least the “tea party” movement thirteen years ago. How dumb would you have to be?

But he does seem like a man of character, and I do respect that. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, squistion said:

Evil people that do some good things are still evil people.

Yep. I don't question that. People were friends with Ted Bundy for years and though of him as a great supportive friend for a long time. The fact that he was a psychopath changes none of that. 

Doesn't mean he didn't deserve to die. 

Just now, thegeneral said:

Oh Lord. 

Well, you are now addressing me correctly at least. Just capitalize the 'L'.

49 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I don’t love him, mostly because I think he’s a deeply naive fool.

I mean obviously he’s a smart and successful guy, but here he is in 2023 saying he’s shocked, shocked!, at the depth of the depravity to which the Republican Party has fallen. When it’s been patently obvious since at least the “tea party” movement thirteen years ago. How dumb would you have to be?

But he does seem like a man of character, and I do respect that. :thumbsup:

He kept binders of women and wanted to put y’all back in chains 

47 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Well, you are now addressing me correctly at least. Just capitalize the 'L'.

You should keep up the Hitler did good things shtick!

37 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

He kept binders of women and wanted to put y’all back in chains 

He also thinks corporations are people. Liberals do now too. 

Just now, thegeneral said:

You should keep up the Hitler did good things shtick!

What's the shtick? Do you know nothing about history? Or are you just playing the role of 14 year old emotional girl again. 

2 hours ago, squistion said:

That seems unlikely.

This is completely made up. Total bs, never happened. That said their uniforms are the gold standard, tip of the hat to Hugo Boss

The only qualification for working with Trump is undying loyalty. Everything Don says about Mitt may be true but all it means is that Mitt didn’t kiss his ass. Don takes petty to a new level.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

The only qualification for working with Trump is undying loyalty. Everything Don says about Mitt may be true but all it means is that Mitt didn’t kiss his ass. Don takes petty to a new level.

Mitt went hat in hand to the Boss

he's consumed jealousy . Donald did what Mitt or his dad couldn’t accomplish. It eats him up inside 

8 hours ago, Vince44 said:

"Mitt Romney, a total loser that only a mother could love, just wrote a book which is, much like him, boring, horrible, and totally predictable," Trump wrote.

Can't believe Trump would actually read Mitt's book.

13 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

What's the shtick? Do you know nothing about history? Or are you just playing the role of 14 year old emotional girl again. 

Yes continue with Hitler’s good attributes shtick 😂

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

Yes continue with Hitler’s good attributes shtick 😂

I asked the question first. Do you think he did no good for Germany early on? If you come back and say you know nothing about the 1910s, 20s, 30s Germany, then so be it. But at least admit to it. You sound really stupid.

If Hitler didn't actually hold the level if current day America liberal democrat hatred, he would have excelled in building a nation. 

But just like all of you idiots, he was hate filled in the end and died appropriately. 

13 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I asked the question first. Do you think he did no good for Germany early on? If you come back and say you know nothing about the 1910s, 20s, 30s Germany, then so be it. But at least admit to it. You sound really stupid.

If Hitler didn't actually hold the level if current day America liberal democrat hatred, he would have excelled in building a nation. 

But just like all of you idiots, he was hate filled in the end and died appropriately. 

It’s funny these are the same people claiming that others are insufficiently supportive of Israel in the war thread 🤣

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s funny these are the same people claiming people are insufficiently supportive of Israel in the war thread 🤣

So Hitler supported Israel now?

Do you ever look past the superficial?

7 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I think you start with well Hitler did some good things the convo pretty much ends dumbass.

Good luck with that however, please try this in your day to day and report back 😂😂

15 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

I think you start with well Hitler did some good things the convo pretty much ends dumbass.

Good luck with that however, please try this in your day to day and report back 😂😂

Let's call in @WhiteWonder or @posty for policing your grammer. That's their schtick. You all belong together.

29 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It’s funny these are the same people claiming that others are insufficiently supportive of Israel in the war thread 🤣

It’s unreal.

5 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Classy fella you guys got there 🤡

Ah yes, when I hear the word Democrat I immediately think of classy well put together people.

36 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Ah yes, when I hear the word Democrat I immediately think of classy well put together people.

It's surreal how little self aware they are.