Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Christian Watson

With the horrid state of the gb offense and his constant injuries, do you guys consider Watson a cut candidate with a short bench league? He feels like a drag on the roster and yes he may turn it around, but it feels like letting him be someone else’s problem might be a good thing at this point. 

Who’s available?m

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Who’s available?m

Kareem hunt, dalton schultz (own goedert and bye coming up week 10), Kincaid, Demercado, roschon (I own foreman), and Jake Fergueson would all be best. 

I would go with Strong before Hunt. 

8 minutes ago, RareN64Dream said:

Pierre Strong might be a RB worth giving a look also.

Yeah, I’m just in a good spot in first and need to look long term. Might go Kincaid since I need a tight end in two weeks anyways. Everyone else seems short term fix. 

Bills TE Dawson Knox will require surgery for his wrist and his timeline for a return is unknown.

Bad news for Knox, good news for Kincaid. 

1 hour ago, easilyscan said:

Bills TE Dawson Knox will require surgery for his wrist and his timeline for a return is unknown.

Bad news for Knox, good news for Kincaid. 

Over Schultz and Ferguson? 

Your needs may be different. GB needs to get A Jones fired up and help out the offense. I'm holding Watson, he needs to get healthy. Still the best WR on that squad. 

1 minute ago, Grack said:

Your needs may be different. GB needs to get A Jones fired up and help out the offense. I'm holding Watson, he needs to get healthy. Still the best WR on that squad. 

I own a jones as well but will keep him benched for a bit I think. I dropped Michael Thomas instead of Watson and grabbed hunt. Only 4 player benches. 

3 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

I own a jones as well but will keep him benched for a bit I think. I dropped Michael Thomas instead of Watson and grabbed hunt. Only 4 player benches. 

Their schedule is just as easy the next few weeks. Maybe the Pack can turn this around, they seemed like a good team coming into the season, better than what we've been seeing on the field the last couple weeks. Ouch.

On 10/24/2023 at 7:31 AM, himmystyles said:

With the horrid state of the gb offense and his constant injuries, do you guys consider Watson a cut candidate with a short bench league? He feels like a drag on the roster and yes he may turn it around, but it feels like letting him be someone else’s problem might be a good thing at this point. 

I cut him to pick up Josh Downs.

I'm at the point where I think Watson's screwed because Love blows, the team doesn't want to pass because he blows, they have 2 capable RB's, and they have a bunch of young players that are getting rotated around.  Watson has the talent, but to me, he's not even rosterable in a re-draft league.  I'd cut him for anyone that I think I would need to start at some point.

• Like 1

Wouldn’t let Watson go.  Imo.  

I don't see light at the end of the tunnel for GB unless both O and D play calling changes wholesale. I detest the game plan on both sides of the ball.

Awful showing Vs the Vikings.  

5 hours ago, gridiron whirlwinds said:

I am keeping Watson for now, but man this offense is so vanilla and not very good at all.

It’s so tough with shallow benches and bye weeks. We only have 4 spots. At this point a decent FA wide receiver or backup TE might be better.  

I changed my mind, he's so droppable in a shallow bench league. it may take awhile for them to right this ship. You just can't trust Watson at all in a starting spot. Waste of a roster spot. 

Watson was spectacular at times last year. Unfortunately (as everyone knows) that was with a 1st ballot HOF QB @ the helm. 

I could see the Packers offense start clicking together again; but it seems like Love thinks Watson has like a 50 inch vertical. If they can make the tough throws; it may help build confidence for the vertical game again. The Vikings had control of that game almost the whole time; so it makes it easier for the defense to roam, instead of 1 on 1 man coverage? Doubs almost had a huge gain; but he seems kind of slow for how Love likes to throw also.

19 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I’m thinking about dropping Watson for Cooks. 

I’m about to put in a claim for either shaheed or Douglas and drop him. 

I have the room, and my 14 team league there isn’t much available, I’m keeping for a little bit more.  

Holding in my redraft.

Traded him earlier this season in my keeper as part of a overpay for Achane. I'm feeling better about that trade every day.

I’m going to go with Watson.  

On 10/24/2023 at 12:51 PM, himmystyles said:

Kareem hunt, dalton schultz (own goedert and bye coming up week 10), Kincaid, Demercado, roschon (I own foreman), and Jake Fergueson would all be best. 

I cant think of a reason you would drop a wr to pick up a 3rd te.  You  can drop him if you want but at least make it make sense.  

The way it's looking (WR's dropping like flies) many (myself included)  will have no choice but to go with Watson.

Josh Downs: questionable knee

Puka Nacua: questionable knee

DJ Chark: questionable elbow (GTD)

Curtis Samuel: out

Drake London: out

Add another to the list. 

Joshua Palmer (knee) will not play Monday against the Jets, Jeff Miller of the Los Angeles Times reports.

I don’t know what’s going on with this guy and this offense but he’s 100 percent droppable.  Can’t envision a miraculous turnaround where hes valuable.