Sign in to follow this  
Pimpadeaux

Concerts!

1. First Concert - Jeff Beck
2. Last Concert - Amyl and The Sniffers
3. Worst Concert - Jefferson Starship
4. Loudest Concert - Ramones
5. Best Concert - Stevie Ray Vaughan in a small venue before he broke big.
6. Seen The Most - Bruce Springsteen
7. Most Surprising - Motley Crue
8. Happy Got To See - Tom Petty, The Police, The Kinks, Ringo, Stones, Paul McCartney, The Who.
9. Wish I Could Have Seen - Led Zeppelin
10. Seeing Next - Most likely Stones and/or McCartney when they come around next year.
  • Sad 1

1. First Concert - America ('74)
2. Last Concert - Justin Heyward
3. Worst Concert - Eric Burden (Totally stoned and passed out onstage)
3a, Most Disappointing - Sarah Brightman (Good voice but sung almost the whole concert in foreign.) 
4. Loudest Concert - Kiss (70's)
5. Best Concert - Not sure a bunch I remember.   (Sting, Fleetwood Mac, Police, Paul McCartney /Wings, Moody Blues, Natalie Merchant)
6. Seen The Most - Moody Blues
7. Most Surprising - Styx/Don Felder -Felder was awesome .  Chicago (Did not even want to go but were great. )
8. Happy Got To See - Sting, Fleetwood Mac, Paul McCartney /Wings, Moody Blues, Natalie Merchant
9. Wish I Could Have Seen - Bob Seger , Stones , Simon and Garfunkel
10. Seeing Next -  ??  Nothing on the horizon

25 minutes ago, Bill E. said:
1. First Concert - America ('74)
2. Last Concert - Justin Heyward
3. Worst Concert - Eric Burden (Totally stoned and passed out onstage)
3a, Most Disappointing - Sarah Brightman (Good voice but sung almost the whole concert in foreign.) 
4. Loudest Concert - Kiss (70's)
5. Best Concert - Not sure a bunch I remember.   (Sting, Fleetwood Mac, Police, Paul McCartney /Wings, Moody Blues, Natalie Merchant)
6. Seen The Most - Moody Blues
7. Most Surprising - Styx/Don Felder -Felder was awesome .  Chicago (Did not even want to go but were great. )
8. Happy Got To See - Sting, Fleetwood Mac, Paul McCartney /Wings, Moody Blues, Natalie Merchant
9. Wish I Could Have Seen - Bob Seger , Stones , Simon and Garfunkel
10. Seeing Next -  ??  Nothing on the horizon

I had tickets to Seger on his most recent tour, but he postponed due to back issues. What were the Moody Blues like in concert? 

Also, I haven't seen Chicago but heard they put on a great show.

I’m trying to decide whether to go see Blink 182 at the Columbia River Gorge next summer. Amazing venue. But do I give a sh1t about Blink 182? I did like some of their songs back in the day, but even then, I’m not sure I would’ve actually gone to a concert.

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I’m trying to decide whether to go see Blink 182 at the Columbia River Gorge next summer. Amazing venue. But do I give a sh1t about Blink 182? I did like some of their songs back in the day, but even then, I’m not sure I would’ve actually gone to a concert.

I'd be more inclined to see them now that DeLonge is back, but do I really want to see dude who are around 50 years old singing about the same sh!t they did in the late 1990s and early 2000s?

10 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I'd be more inclined to see them now that DeLonge is back, but do I really want to see dude who are around 50 years old singing about the same sh!t they did in the late 1990s and early 2000s?

Some of it, like Adam’s song and stay together for the kids, would age well.

But stuff like what’s my age again? Oh man I would cringe 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Some of it, like Adam’s song and stay together for the kids, would age well.

But stuff like what’s my age again? Oh man I would cringe 

I listened to their new album last week, and it just all sounds the same. I thought they were great back in the day.

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I listened to their new album last week, and it just all sounds the same. I thought they were great back in the day.

Yeah new album is pretty meh from what I’ve heard

1. First Concert - Jethro Tull
2. Last Concert - Ringo Starr And His All-Star Band
3. Worst Concert - Nirvana in a small club in Cincy before they had a record deal, we walked out after an hour.
4. Loudest Concert - The Who with Keith Moon
5. Best Concert - Litle Feat opened for Van Morrison on a Paddlewheel boat in New Orleans*
6. Seen The Most - The Grateful Dead
7. Most Surprising - Tie between Bob Seger and Supertramp, didn't care a lot for them but both kicked ass live.
8. Happy Got To See -  Led Zeppelin, three of The Beatles, Stones, Santana, SRV, Roy Buchannan, Rory Gallagher, Allman Bros 
9. Wish I Could Have Seen - Hendrix, The Band**
10. Seeing Next - Carlos, haven't seen him play in a while.

*Van played the whole show with his back to the crowd
** I was at their concert but have no memory of that night after two 714's.

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I had tickets to Seger on his most recent tour, but he postponed due to back issues. What were the Moody Blues like in concert? 

Also, I haven't seen Chicago but heard they put on a great show.

2 of the 4 of the Moodies are dead.  Justin Hayward has a small 4 person show where he sings all their hits.  John Lodge also tours but Hayward did most off the more mellow stuff. 

I had Seger tix twice.  Once it got canceled for Covid and once my Dad ended up in the hospital so I had to fly home.  I saw Chicago last year and was blown away.  Only a couple original members but the entire show was great.  Cetera was not there but this guy Donnel was really good. 

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

50 years old?  They is children..

16 minutes ago, paulinstl said:
1. First Concert - Jethro Tull
2. Last Concert - Ringo Starr And His All-Star Band
3. Worst Concert - Nirvana in a small club in Cincy before they had a record deal, we walked out after an hour.
4. Loudest Concert - The Who with Keith Moon
5. Best Concert - Litle Feat opened for Van Morrison on a Paddlewheel boat in New Orleans*
6. Seen The Most - The Grateful Dead
7. Most Surprising - Tie between Bob Seger and Supertramp, didn't care a lot for them but both kicked ass live.
8. Happy Got To See -  Led Zeppelin, three of The Beatles, Stones, Santana, SRV, Roy Buchannan, Rory Gallagher, Allman Bros 
9. Wish I Could Have Seen - Hendrix, The Band**
10. Seeing Next - Carlos, haven't seen him play in a while.

*Van played the whole show with his back to the crowd
** I was at their concert but have no memory of that night after two 714's.

I am guessing not Lennon?  I do not know of anyone that has seen him.  That would have been awesome.

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m going to see Queen in a couple weeks with Adam Lambert. Birthday gift from the daughters. Should be fun. I saw Queen with Freddie Mercury in 1980 at the Fabulous Forum. 

I want to see that one.

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

I’m going to see Queen in a couple weeks with Adam Lambert. Birthday gift from the daughters. Should be fun. I saw Queen with Freddie Mercury in 1980 at the Fabulous Forum. 

As long as Brian May is still alive, they will be great. I saw them around then too. Lambert does a great job. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bill E. said:

I am guessing not Lennon?  I do not know of anyone that has seen him.  That would have been awesome.

Yeah, never saw him. I saw George so long ago he still had Ravi Shankar on tour with him. I was a young kid, my oldest brother took me because his buddy cancelled last minute.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1. First Concert - Michael Bolton (just being honest)
2. Last Concert - Bailen
3. Worst Concert - RHCP
4. Loudest Concert - Public Enemy
5. Best Concert - Pearl Jam, smaller venue just as they were breaking huge
6. Seen The Most - Toad The Wet Sprocket
7. Most Surprising - Brass Radio Return 
8. Happy Got To See - The Lone Bellow
9. Wish I Could Have Seen - Hum, John Denver, Bob Marley, Prince
10. Seeing Next - Nothing on the books right now 

First - Hendrix

Most recent since I don't want to say last - Dead and Company in Boulder

Best - Greatful Dead, 11-5-77 Rochester

Most frequent - Greatful Dead or the Lamont Cranston Band

Closed out on - Clapton canceled a show in Madison, he was sick.  Yes, Renaissance and Fleetwood Mac (maybe, memory is hazy) cancelled a show on a summer tour in maybe 1979.  Equipment truck said to have gone into Lake Michigan) Dead got rained out at Summerfest. SRV (RIP).

Glad I got to see - BB King, Hendrix, The Who while young, well every show, really.

Stumbled upon concerts - Prince (he bought a bottle for me and my date when his body guard got overly officious with me), the Stones (well not really it was Keith Richards and Ronnie Woods noodling on some house instruments in Montreal while Mick Jaggeer napped in the corner.  They were just passing thru.) Bob Dylan playing with some hippies in Palenque. Arlo Guthrie on piano at a house party following a show he did in Madison.

1. First Concert- Cheap Trick
2. Last Concert - No Doubt
3. Worst Concert -  zBolton &Kenny G
4. Loudest Concert - Iron Maiden
5. Best Concert - Pearl Jam/Soundgarden They  played Temple Of The Dog at the encore 
6. Seen The Most - Ozzy
7. Most Surprising - Twisted Sister 
8. Happy Got To See - Rolling Stones, SRV,Judas Priest, Pat Benatar, Body Count, and Prince 
9. Wish I Could Have Seen - The Doors
10. Seeing Next - I’m waiting for the Jazz Festival lineup to come out 

4 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

6. Seen The Most - Bruce Springsteen

I bet you love when he grandstands on stage about politics

1. First Concert - Boston (1995)
2. Last Concert - Skid Row (Scott Brown opened - Yes the MA senator)
3. Worst Concert - Weird Al Yankovich (Free tickets from Foxwoods)
4. Loudest Concert - Not sure
5. Best Concert - Poison/Dokken/Cinderella/Slaughter - https://www.concertarchives.org/concerts/power-to-the-people
6. Seen The Most - Motley Crue/Poison
7. Most Surprising - Green Day
8. Happy Got To See - Prince 2013 Mohegan Sun
9. Wish I Could Have Seen - The Eagles (with Glenn Frey)
10. Seeing Next - Nothing on the dockett. 

1 hour ago, Bill E. said:

50 years old?  They is children..

I don't have a problem going to the Stones at age 80, but it's cringe worthy to hear Blink 182 singing about the same stuff they did a quarter century ago.

• Like 1

First - Primus/Melvins

Last - Mastodon/Gojira

Worst - not a full concert, but worst live thing I saw was some crap electronic artist opening for Radiohead

Loudest - surprisingly, Chvrches.  My ears rang forever.   My other one was Pantera. 

Best - Opeth

Seen the Most - Lord Huron, but I don't see many acts multiple times

Surprising - Lord Huron

Happy I Saw - Opeth, because of above.   I almost didn't go to the show despite loving them.  

Wish I Saw - Pink Floyd in their prime

Seeing Next - I think Sleater-Kinney is coming to Madison and that sounded good, so I think that.  Unless I go to Ministry the week before, but I've seen them in their prime and don't think I will bother.  

• Haha 1

Beastie Boys on the Check Your Head tour in 1992. Played a small venue in Orlando and they rocked the joint.

:pointstosky:

First - Weird Al Yankovic

Most recent - Moon Hooch

Worst - Pantera

Loudest - Roger Waters This is Not a Drill

Best - Roger Waters or Tame Impala

Seen the Most - tie: Roger Waters & Built to Spill

Seeing Next — ???

11 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

First - Primus/Melvins

Last - Mastodon/Gojira

Worst - not a full concert, but worst live thing I saw was some crap electronic artist opening for Radiohead

Loudest - surprisingly, Chvrches.  My ears rang forever.   My other one was Pantera. 

Best - Opeth

Seen the Most - Lord Huron, but I don't see many acts multiple times

Surprising - Lord Huron

Happy I Saw - Opeth, because of above.   I almost didn't go to the show despite loving them.  

Wish I Saw - Pink Floyd in their prime

Seeing Next - I think Sleater-Kinney is coming to Madison and that sounded good, so I think that.  Unless I go to Ministry the week before, but I've seen them in their prime and don't think I will bother.  

Saw Sleater-Kinney a year or two ago, they were pretty good. Dig Carrie Brownstein 

• Like 1

Early 2000's, Snook Dog and Red Hot Chili Peppers toured together and played Orlando... I've ever-since regretted turning down those free tickets. Not a huge Snoop fan, but still would've been cool.  :(

Just now, GobbleDog said:

Early 2000's, Snook Dog and Red Hot Chili Peppers toured together and played Orlando... I've ever-since regretted turning down those free tickets. Not a huge Snoop fan, but still would've been cool.  :(

Snoop was a fun show. I’m not into gangsta rap at all but the guy does know how to entertain 

7 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Snook Dokky Dok?

51 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Beastie Boys on the Check Your Head tour in 1992. Played a small venue in Orlando and they rocked the joint.

:pointstosky:

Saw them in 88. VERY great show. 🤟🏿

43 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Snoop was a fun show. I’m not into gangsta rap at all but the guy does know how to entertain 

Saw him at a very late Lollapalooza and he was great. 💨 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

Last - Mastodon/Gojira

Best - Opeth

Gojira and Mastodon was awesome. 

First time I saw Mastodon was the year before when they toured w Opeth.  Got tix for Opeth but was really impressed with Mastodon. 👍

• Like 1

First concert - Twisted Sister :lol: (first show was supposed to be Iron Maiden on their World Piece Tour but they had to cancel due to illness) 

Last concert - TOOL

Worst concert - the Sting portion of the Peter Gabriel / Sting show.  He was boring as fock.  Couldn't wait for his song to be done so that PG would get back on stage. 

Loudest concert - Gojira in a small venue

Best concert - hard to say what was "best" but I will say the "most fun" was Riverside (Polish prog band) in a small venue.  Honorable "most fun" mention goes to Haken in several small venues

Seen the most - not entirely sure.  Either RUSH or Iron Maiden.

Most surprising - Neil Diamond.  Bought tix as an Xmas present for my wife.  This was one his last shows before he had to hang it up due to Parkinsons.  That old bastard was one entertaining muthafocka!  We also felt like youngins compared to all the much older audience members.

Happy got to see - Grateful Dead (more experience rather than music), Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree 

Wish I could have seen - Queen, Led Zeppelin

Seeing next - Meshuggah. I'm so-so on their music but both my kids are going  day after Thanksgiving.  Buddy of mine told me their show is something to witness so snagged a ticket

7 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

3. Worst Concert - Jefferson Starship

I'm currently having a beer before sashaying over to attend a super ghey MLS playoff match.  "We Built This City" is currently playing at the bar and I feel like I want to punch someone in the face. :mad:

I'm pretty certain that blasting this song is the solution to breaking up homeless camps. 

36 minutes ago, DonS said:

I'm currently having a beer before sashaying over to attend a super ghey MLS playoff match.  "We Built This City" is currently playing at the bar and I feel like I want to punch someone in the face. :mad:

I saw them in Houston at Astroworld when I was fifteen. Got a ride to see my uncle there one summer.They were bringing their dogs to a dog show. Worst fawking van ride EVER. Five dogs farting non stop and two old wemens who wouldn’t stop talking. So I’m sitting in the hotel lobby waiting for my uncle to pick me up. The front check in is filled with crazy dog biotches. And who walks in…Grace Slick and her tour entourage. She pushes the crazy dog biotches to the side and demands she get her room. I heard one of the dog biotches say, “Go get the hounds!!!”. 

One of the funniest fifteen minutes of my life. I saw them the next night and wished one of the crazies would sic her it was so awful. 

1. First Concert - J. Geils Band
2. Last Concert - Carrie Underwood (birthday present for the wifey)
3. Worst Concert - Neil Young (solo)
4. Loudest Concert - The Kinks
5. Best Concert - Santana
6. Seen The Most - Tom Petty and The Who (tie)
7. Most Surprising - Huey Lewis & the News
8. Happy Got To See - SRV
9. Wish I Could Have Seen - U2 (I guess I could see them now, but I had a chance to see them in '83 and sold my ticket)
10. Seeing Next - Nothing on the horizon

1. First concert- Anthony Newley & Burt Bacharach at the Greek Theater (I was ten years old and my dad took me in place of my mom who had the flu). 
2. Last concert: The English Beat, a few months ago at a small venue (The Coach House in San Juan Capistrano). 
3. Worst concert- Fleetwood Mac- early 90s. Stevie Nicks was so coked up she could barely sing. 
4. Loudest concert- The Who at Los Angeles Colisseum (1989) 

5. Best concert- Queen at The Forum, 1980. 
6. Seen the most- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (7 times). 
7. Most surprising: Rush. When I went in 1988 I didn’t know much of their music, wasn’t a fan. A friend dragged me. I was really impressed. 
8. Happy got to see: Gordon Lightfoot.

9. Wish I could have seen: Led Zeppelin. 
10. Seeing next: Queen in November, Taylor Swift in July (Amsterdam).