Sign in to follow this  
edjr

edsr will not be down for breakfast

5 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

I am so sorry Ed. Going through something similar with my mom, it's rough. 

Thinking of you and your family. 

Sorry TNG.  Hang in there— you’re one of the good ones.

Just curious. Said you’re going to the funeral home tomorrow. When my Cool Pops passed, he wanted to be cremated. No coffin burial. Went to the Garden Of Memories cemetery the day after. The sales creep tried to sell me an overpriced plot and coffin. As I’m walking out and keeping my temper, this motherfawker says, “His body is here. Would like to see him one last time?”  I’ve never controlled my emotions and composure so well. 

Ar Be careful and smart.

• Haha 1

ed I was drinking yesterday and my Venmo note was rather vague. That is all of us at EdEx just letting you know we are thinking about you and we didn't have your address to send you a real gift. Wishing you and your family the best. 

17 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Congrats Ed, enjoy your weekend.

😂 

15 hours ago, Gladiators said:

Did he ever forgive you for being ghey?

he was born in the 40s. better chance of gutterboy dunking on a lil tikes basketball hoop

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

ed I was drinking yesterday and my Venmo note was rather vague. That is all of us at EdEx just letting you know we are thinking about you and we didn't have your address to send you a real gift. Wishing you and your family the best. 

Incredible. So kind and thoughtful.  💕 

edexstrong

12 hours ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

Just curious. Said you’re going to the funeral home tomorrow. When my Cool Pops passed, he wanted to be cremated. No coffin burial. Went to the Garden Of Memories cemetery the day after. The sales creep tried to sell me an overpriced plot and coffin. As I’m walking out and keeping my temper, this motherfawker says, “His body is here. Would like to see him one last time?”  I’ve never controlled my emotions and composure so well. 

Ar Be careful and smart.

He is being cremated.  Still doing the wake/mass/funeral etc.

I am doing the eulogy 😕  He was a huge trumper. Thinking a maga hat some point would be hilarious 

• Like 3

Sorry for your loss.

Hopefully he left you a house or some money so you don’t have to keep wishing for the economy to crash anymore.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, edjr said:

My buddy Howie Carr used to say that when someone died.

After a 6 month stint in the hospital, he finally gave up and stopped eating/drinking.  Was tired of laying in a bed. 74 years. 

I saw him yesterday around 2 pm, he died around 3 am this morning. He was miserable and I knew he wanted out. 

I wasn't sure I wanted to even share this, but here it is. I think I've made enough "friends" here that might want to know.

Feel free to joke, say whatever you need to. You know me, laughter is the best medicine.

I had always just assumed you lost your dad when he went out for cigarettes and never came home :dunno:

but seriously, I'm sorry for your loss bud :(.  I'm not looking forward to that day.  As others have said, enjoy the memories. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Sorry for your loss.

Hopefully he left you a house or some money so you don’t have to keep wishing for the economy to crash anymore.

well played Sir :cheers:

8 hours ago, edjr said:

He is being cremated.  Still doing the wake/mass/funeral etc.

I am doing the eulogy 😕  He was a huge trumper. Thinking a maga hat some point would be hilarious 

A Trump band -aid on his urn would be a nice touch.

GB GB

I ain't going out like that.  I dont care if I'm not not hungry, I'm mixing in the hot sauce with the scrambled eggs and bacon and shoveling it down no matter what. Just like this morning. 🙄

said to my brother this morning.

”lucky for dad he didn’t have to watch the Patriots play yesterday”. he laughed.

Think I will add it to the eulogy.

So @edjr, how are you doing?  I know this is a rough time for you as I went through this 20 years ago when my father passed on Thanksgiving Day...

Thinking about you and your family, but not in that way...  That way can be later...  ;)

2 minutes ago, posty said:

So @edjr, how are you doing?  I know this is a rough time for you as I went through this 20 years ago when my father passed on Thanksgiving Day...

Thinking about you and your family, but not in that way...  That way can be later...  ;)

Thanks for asking.

Head is still in the clouds a little. Forgetting a lot of things I had thought of. Trying to think about memories and things to say for his eulogy. 

All in all, we didn't have a close relationship. he moved to Maine some 15 years ago, only really saw him 3, 4 times a year the past few years. 

My son (10) is more sad than I am I think. he loved going up to Maine and staying with his grandparents and riding the ATV and jetski.

I guess one positive is I will soon have a house on the lake in Maine with every toy you could ever imagine :(  but Dad won't be there to see his Grandson playing and getting older.

18 minutes ago, edjr said:

Thanks for asking.

Head is still in the clouds a little. Forgetting a lot of things I had thought of. Trying to think about memories and things to say for his eulogy. 

All in all, we didn't have a close relationship. he moved to Maine some 15 years ago, only really saw him 3, 4 times a year the past few years. 

My son (10) is more sad than I am I think. he loved going up to Maine and staying with his grandparents and riding the ATV and jetski.

I guess one positive is I will soon have a house on the lake in Maine with every toy you could ever imagine :(  but Dad won't be there to see his Grandson playing and getting older.

Be careful in Maine buddy.  I hear there are Ak's bopping around shooting people.

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

Be careful in Maine buddy.  I hear there are Ak's bopping around shooting people.

🔫

wake, mass and burial were yesterday.

Eulogy was a success, I got a standing O.

Even though halfway through, in the church - I said “Jesus, who the hell keeps calling me”?

My apple watch was ringing. Hilarity ensued.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1