Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

MNF Discussion: Broncos at Bills - Wk10

Inactives - 

Broncos: S JL Skinner, TE Nate Adkins, LB Ben Niemann, LB Thomas Incoom, OL Alex Forsyth, DL Keondre Coburn, DL Elijah Garcia

Bills: S Micah Hyde, CB Christian Benford, OT Germain Ifedi, OL Alec Anderson, DT Poona Ford, LB Baylon Spector

Line: BUF -8.0
Total: 47.5

Broncos beat Chiefs ... Bills lost to Patriots...  the wacky NFL.

I'll take the points. Denver has been bad, but unlike last year ya can't blame Wilson. He might keep this one close.

I think buffalo beats them soundly, I’ll give the points.      

3 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Let’s see if they bench Gabriel Davis they same way they did Cook.

Nope. Davis out there. Cook still on the bench.

7 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Why was Cook benched?  

I'd guess the fumble on the first play of the game.

Hope he gets herpes. I'm going to be forced to start Pollard again next week because Cook is absolutely unstartable and I only get one RB off of IR.

Poor Courtland Sutton barely gets the ball, and he finally gets little 6 yard slant, and he gets tackled with a hip drop, and as he's getting dragged down, he gets damn near decapitated.

Holy crap.  I think Sutton caught that lucky ass heave from Wilson on 4th and 2.

Jeudy was supposed to be a thing. Remember that. But nope! He's JAG. If that.

28 minutes ago, IMMensaMind said:

Courtland Sutton is underrated.

He has certainly made a bunch of highlight reel catches this season.

• Like 1

I think I'll drop Jeudy for a backup K.

I'll get more value there.

The Super Bowl window has clearly closed on Buffalo...without them ever getting there.

What a difference coaching can make.  

Sean Payton coached the broncos so well, the Bills decided to poop their pants over and over.

4 minutes ago, Law said:

The Super Bowl window has clearly closed on Buffalo...without them ever getting there.

This had to be "THE YEAR" for the Bills, because the piper is about to get paid.  Most of the Bills highest contracts are 29+ y.o. players next season.  Their top 10 contracts will be $175 million or 70%+- cap.  Third highest being $24 mill to 35 y.o. Von Miller who's coming back from acl and has played 5 games this year.... one tackle, zero sacks.

And right after the Bills go through salary cap hell next year, Allen will want a big juicy new contract to start the 2025 season. At least they can cut Von Miller by then, but it's still gonna cost them $15 mill in dead cap.

:lol:

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

This had to be "THE YEAR" for the Bills, because the piper is about to get paid.  Most of the Bills highest contracts are 29+ y.o. players next season.  Their top 10 contracts will be $175 million or 70%+- cap.  Third highest being $24 mill to 35 y.o. Von Miller who's coming back from acl and has played 5 games this year.... one tackle, zero sacks.

And right after the Bills go through salary cap hell next year, Allen will want a big juicy new contract to start the 2025 season. At least they can cut Von Miller by then, but it's still gonna cost them $15 mill in dead cap.

Translation: Things are ugly in Buffalo now and they'll get a lot uglier........yikes!

That being said, I've always respected the city and how loyal the fans are. Watched a documentary about the bills and was impressed that the fans greeted Scott Norwood with applause after the infamous wide right field goal miss in their 1st of 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses. 

6 hours ago, nobody said:

Sean Payton coached the broncos so well, the Bills decided to poop their pants over and over.

Dunno about that. Payton was mostly super conservative.  Two runs up the gut, then a two yard pass.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Their offense is anemic.  Field goals might get you lucky wins when your opponent commits FOUR turnovers but Denver will never get anywhere with that bland of an offense. Maybe Russ is washed up? I believe he is.  This game was gift wrapped for Denver.  But, a win is a win I guess.  

5 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Hard to argue here.  Their window appeared to be 2021 and 2022.  They had the chiefs beat in that crazy playoff game.  To me, that was the year.  The Damar Hamlin incident should have been a rallying point , not a reason to fold up like a five dollar suit in a rainstorm last year.  It just isn’t working for this team.  Injuries are hurting but the defense didn’t do anything wrong last night.  They have some tough games coming up too.  They aren’t out of it yet but bad losses to weak teams like Denver aren’t helping. 

3 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Translation: Things are ugly in Buffalo now and they'll get a lot uglier........yikes!

That being said, I've always respected the city and how loyal the fans are. Watched a documentary about the bills and was impressed that the fans greeted Scott Norwood with applause after the infamous wide right field goal miss in their 1st of 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses. 

I’m not a Bills fan but love about an hour outside Buffalo.  I have to give them credit.  They are a resilient bunch and very fair.  For the record, the bills lost to the Giants NOT because of e abuse of poor preparation and a Giants game plan that really worked. It never should have come down to a long FG. The Bills should have killed them.

That was a pretty wild game, especially for someone that needed Cook and Kinkaid to outscore the Buffalo kicker by 15 points.

Heads gonna roll after that two many guys on the field penalty at the end of the game though.

2 minutes ago, Ehlana said:

Heads gonna roll after that two many guys on the field penalty at the end of the game though.

Twelve many...

One too many...

Plethora of pinatas...

:huh:

They never established a quality run game. Despite their prowess throwing the ball, this was their Achilles heel. And I'm not talking about last night.