Sign in to follow this  
squistion

Tennessee City Has Banned Being Gay In Public

6 hours ago, Fnord said:

If a straight dude wearing tight pants walks around with a hard on because he just got fondled by his lady friend, he could be arrested.

6 hours ago, u.k. said:

Thanks for clarifying.  An act of homosexuality constitutes sexual conduct.  That's ridiculous.

So what is an act of homosexuality?  Wearing a pride shirt?  Singing showtunes?  Two men holding hands?  Kissing?

Listing "homosexuality" as a behavior seems pretty stupid, and if challenged, likely gets it struck down.

That being said, would somebody need to be arrested for such behavior to have standing to challenge it?  :dunno: 

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

If this is the case they should clean this up. Law is all about clear language and clarifying things like this that can misinterpreted.

One of the biggest cheerleaders for the LGBT movement in Tennessee is Gavin Newsom. Who vetoed a hard line fringe extremist LGBT bill that would have completely sunk his POTUS hopes for the future. So much for his virtue signaling. I'm wagering his CCP loving, gun snatching, cheating on his wives ways won't sit well with Middle America. 

Clear enough "law language" now for you?

Don't mess with kids. Don't mess with people's children. Is the "pushback" too extreme? People can decide that for themselves. But once you mess with people's kids, then the gloves are off. ALL PARENTS. You have to be a complete idiot, I'm referring to Team Blue, the DNC and the Obama/Biden machine here, to think you can just go after people's children like this and there would be no blowback from it all. 

Doug Mastriano was a Trump backed "Stop The Steal" candidate that is completely terrifying. To anyone. Doesn't matter who you support politically, there is no value and no safety in letting a potential tyrant like Mastriano in office. Guess who funded his campaign? The DNC and Team Blue packed MILLIONS into Mastriano's campaign for him, because they wanted him to win the GOP primary, betting that he would be easier to beat in a general. But what if he won? 

You go after kids and you keep going after them, you'll start to lose elections ( re: Glenn Youngkin in Virginia) Not every situation will end up like Mastriano losing. Then how does that help public policy that you want to lean in your direction? 

The real tragedy is the activist radicals here think the carnage will only start and stop with Conservative and Republican children. No, at some point, Team Blue and the DNC will find it expedient to go after your children too. Some of you, not all, voted to make it easier to turn your children into open cannon fodder. Congratulations. 

1 minute ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

All they wanted was just to be called by preferred pronouns.  That's it.  There was nothing else.  :rolleyes:

They just want to read to the kids. And maybe bring a diildo for show and tell. 

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They just want to read to the kids. And maybe bring a diildo for show and tell. 

That's all.  I don't know why everyone is getting so crazy over it.  It's no big deal.  Just a small ask, bigot.

2 hours ago, Fnord said:

Pretend? You honestly believe that a straight couple kissing and fondling each other in public will be treated the same way as a homosexual couple doing the same? In Tennessee??

Common sense and logic indeed.

Kissing, they'll both be fine.... fondling?  They'll both be in trouble.

4 hours ago, HellToupee said:

c’mon man leave the kids out of it

Dude, you were the one to bring the kids into it here. Shame on you.

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

Every accusation is a confession with these people.

2 minutes ago, u.k. said:

Every accusation is a confession with these people.

Oh great.  This routine again. Why don’t you all just post under one username? 

6 hours ago, League Champion said:

20:13 ~ If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them

AND DONT BE EATIN NO CRAWDADS NEITHER!!!11

16 minutes ago, squistion said:

You're thread title is a lie, you butt pirate

• Haha 2

Tennessee is a weird state.

Back in the 80’s a got a job setting forms for a concrete contractor that had a gig at the Jack Daniels distillery in Lynchburg. I guess I spent about six months or so kicking around that region.

Shelbyville, Tullahoma, Murfreesboro…

The bar scene… you had to like, buy a membership. And then bring in your own booze… and the bar would sell you a glass of ice and tonic, or whatever you were drinking.

No surprise that “sinful” behavior has some legislation associated with it down there…

9 hours ago, Dozer FBG said:

Tennessee is a weird state.

Back in the 80’s a got a job setting forms for a concrete contractor that had a gig at the Jack Daniels distillery in Lynchburg. I guess I spent about six months or so kicking around that region.

Shelbyville, Tullahoma, Murfreesboro…

The bar scene… you had to like, buy a membership. And then bring in your own booze… and the bar would sell you a glass of ice and tonic, or whatever you were drinking.

No surprise that “sinful” behavior has some legislation associated with it down there…

The “social club” idea has also gained off and on traction with the hipsters in cities.  It’s dumb and rarely lasts long.  It’s a way for someone to circumvent liquor laws.  

16 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It isn't, but that's not what the bill is about.  It's about sexual conduct in a homosexual manner.  People with common sense and logic get that.

Agree, but it is poorly worded and I could certainly see bigots that lack common sense and logic trying to report gay people for holding hands or something

7 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

It’s amazing you focktards celebrate the ability to take kids to drag shows. Just wow

I love that you rightie fascists yet again want to take away freedom and choices.  ;)

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Cool small town.  Middle Tennessee State University is located in the city.  Probably sick of EVs, show tunes, WNBA fans, pronouns, Will Smith movies, drag shows, hot dog and pizza parties….

Was there one time, it is a very nice town not too far from Nashville.

27 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I love that you rightie fascists yet again want to take away freedom and choices.  ;)

Freedom to do what? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, u.k. said:

So much gay self hatred up in this beeotch.

I see a lot of typical leftist behavior.  Create a victim where there isn't one, so that you can capitalize on the victims.  :dunno:

20 hours ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Cool small town.  Middle Tennessee State University is located in the city.  Probably sick of EVs, show tunes, WNBA fans, pronouns, Will Smith movies, drag shows, hot dog and pizza parties….

Normally I find your shtick too obvious to be funny, but I did laugh at the Will Smith reference. 

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Agree, but it is poorly worded and I could certainly see bigots that lack common sense and logic trying to report gay people for holding hands or something

I don't discount the possibility that people wouldn't read it the right way.  I think it's worded fine... they're saying self, homo and hetero sexual contact is not allowed.  They even include groping and oral.  It's only poorly worded to people (leftists), who want to find a way to create a victim where one doesn't exist.  In the OP and a later post by the OP, 2 different people's Tweet's are referenced and both take umbrage with the word homosexual... discounting the fact that heterosexual acts were included as well.

Could a person call the police station and say "I saw two guys holding hands, they're breaking the law"?  Certainly.  I'd expect the person at the police station to tell that person that these folks are not breaking the law and nothing happens.  I do NOT expect the police to show up and start arresting gay people for holding hands or having a pride flag.

54 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Freedom to do what? 

A private business like Eternal's favorite restaurant Hamburger Mary's to choose a theme and nightly entertainment?  ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

A private business like Eternal's favorite restaurant Hamburger Mary's to choose a theme and nightly entertainment?  ;)

Is it age restricted? 

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Is it age restricted? 

In your opinion, do you think that should be a requirement if a drag queen performs, or does it depend on the type of show? 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't discount the possibility that people wouldn't read it the right way.  I think it's worded fine... they're saying self, homo and hetero sexual contact is not allowed.  They even include groping and oral.  It's only poorly worded to people (leftists), who want to find a way to create a victim where one doesn't exist.  In the OP and a later post by the OP, 2 different people's Tweet's are referenced and both take umbrage with the word homosexual... discounting the fact that heterosexual acts were included as well.

Could a person call the police station and say "I saw two guys holding hands, they're breaking the law"?  Certainly.  I'd expect the person at the police station to tell that person that these folks are not breaking the law and nothing happens.  I do NOT expect the police to show up and start arresting gay people for holding hands or having a pride flag.

OR, it's not perceived as poorly worded to those that don't think the law will be used disproportionately to target homosexuals. I respectfully, but forcefully, disagree. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Fnord said:

OR, it's not perceived as poorly worded to those that don't think the law will be used disproportionately to target homosexuals. I respectfully, but forcefully, disagree. 

It literally includes self, hetero, & homo acts.  Only the ignorant don't see that.  I'm sorry you're ignorant.  Try to be better.  :dunno:

45 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

In your opinion, do you think that should be a requirement if a drag queen performs, or does it depend on the type of show? 

Yeah, good luck telling them they can’t act like perverts or else. You seem to think they only ever take the inch. Drag shows are, and have shown to be , sexual. You can’t provide the platform and then hope they don’t act sexual in front of kids.  So you stop it in the first place.  What’s the big deal? No kids. So what? Why is that a point of contention in the first place? Drag shows are adult entertainment. You’re a fool if you say otherwise. 

42 minutes ago, Fnord said:

I don’t think they will be “targeted” per se, and overall I wouldn’t really disagree with @TBayXXXVII’s point that while the police may get frivolous complaints based on the law, hopefully the police themselves don’t act on it, but you never know, which is part of the reason why it’s probably better if the wording is updated.  But really I’d think fielding calls from homophobes would not be a good use of taxpayer funds.